5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies -

Gil - I may have some experience with this same situation.

Henry brought the wrong birth certificate to his K1 interview - it was a copy and not the original with the gold seal. They denied him. I was furious - completely furious. I must have spent $100 on phone cards - I kept calling the embassy until finally I got through to someone and explained the situation to them. I was like "he lives about 4 hours away and he's on his way home to get it right now, he can be back in the morning". It was funny though - she knew exactly who he was. So, long story short, she gave me a ladies name for him to ask for at the gate. He went back the next morning and asked the guard for the woman and she came out and it was all taken care of.

It was such a stressful day - I broke down in tears from all of the emotions I was going through.

If that's the case. I would have ken go and tell them that whatever agency u spoke to this morning, advised u not to reschedule the case, have him show a reciept for the new certificate he's about to order and tell them he was advised to get a blue slip and go from there. He might have to show them he's ahead of the game. so they don't deny him.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies -

Henry brought the wrong birth certificate to his K1 interview - it was a copy and not the original with the gold seal. They denied him. I was furious - completely furious. I must have spent $100 on phone cards - I kept calling the embassy until finally I got through to someone and explained the situation to them. I was like "he lives about 4 hours away and he's on his way home to get it right now, he can be back in the morning". It was funny though - she knew exactly who he was. So, long story short, she gave me a ladies name for him to ask for at the gate. He went back the next morning and asked the guard for the woman and she came out and it was all taken care of.

It was such a stressful day - I broke down in tears from all of the emotions I was going through.

If that's the case. I would have ken go and tell them that whatever agency u spoke to this morning, advised u not to reschedule the case, have him show a reciept for the new certificate he's about to order and tell them he was advised to get a blue slip and go from there. He might have to show them he's ahead of the game. so they don't deny him.

yup...make sure you tell him who you spoke with and if she has a id number because sometimes they give that out so that when he tells them he has that info as well so they don't think he is making it up!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies -

yup...make sure you tell him who you spoke with and if she has a id number because sometimes they give that out so that when he tells them he has that info as well so they don't think he is making it up!!!

and if u didn't get that person ID number this morning, call back and get the id number of the person u are about to speak to and just put the two together :devil::devil:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Hello Yardies -

and if u didn't get that person ID number this morning, call back and get the id number of the person u are about to speak to and just put the two together :devil::devil:

:thumbs::lol::lol:

Timeline
Hello Yardies -

Remember that Gill will be there representing. Any yuh knoa har mout arready :lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

A natural born model, I would say :thumbs::thumbs:

that is beautiful, and mi want to tell u from yesterday your older son is handsome.

JAE~ You really need to convince the mister to let him get into some baby modeling...he is a natural!!!

Thanks ladies!!

As for a natural born model, nutting nuh name suh lol!!

If you follow ANY baby around with a camera for a while, you are bound to get some good shots!

Here are a few more

P2115317.jpg

P2115314copy.jpg

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
A natural born model, I would say :thumbs::thumbs:

that is beautiful, and mi want to tell u from yesterday your older son is handsome.

JAE~ You really need to convince the mister to let him get into some baby modeling...he is a natural!!!

Thanks ladies!!

As for a natural born model, nutting nuh name suh lol!!

If you follow ANY baby around with a camera for a while, you are bound to get some good shots!

Here are a few more

P2115317.jpg

P2115314copy.jpg

You don't call those poses natural????I am no expert but they look natural to me :yes::yes:

Filed: Other Timeline

Early Valentines day salute for a my JV friends...Hubby and I will be doin our thang...bringing in year numba two :dance::dance:

cheerF.gif

What Love Is

------Mary J. Blige

Hmm.

Beautiful, horrible, magical, terrible.

Reason to laugh and smile.

Reason to cry yourself to sleep at night.

Start a fight. Make up, break up, wrong or right.

Heaven for all its worth can

equally be hell right here on earth.

(And no one really knows anything about it)

But everybody needs it.

We can't live without it.

(And that's the way it goes)

Darkest day, brightess night.

Just some of the things you might hear if you ask what love feels like.

And it feels like joy, and it feels like pain.

And it feels like sunshine, feels like rain.

An excuse for dying, reason to live.

And if you don't know, that's what love is.

Love is.

Gentle kiss, sweet caress.

Kiss the base of your neck.

argue until my head hurts, I can't remember what you said.

Out, screaming loud, don't know what were screaming bout.

So confusing yes its true, but if it wasn't there what would we do?

(And no one really knows anything about it)

But everybody needs it.

We can't live without it. (And that's the way it goes)

Darkest day, brightess night.

Just some of the things you might hear if you ask what love feels like.

Love is.

That's love.

Anything that can bring you up or break you down.

That's love.

Leave the sun up in your sky or the darkest clowds.

That's love. And we need it.

That's love. And we need it.

That's love.

Oh ask anybody how it feels

Love is.

And it feels like joy (joy), and it feels like pain (pain).

An excuse for dying (oh), reason to live (oh).

Love is.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Hey Yardie family, what do you all think about those pic from JAE baby pics? Aren't those poses natural. He is so cute "like a button" as they say.

What do you all think???? VOTE NOW!!!

Can you all tell that I am home today vegetating after working 6 12-hour shifts? I am bored already. oonu entatain me nuh??? :help::help:

Edited by clairern

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardie family, what do you all think about those pic from JAE baby pics? Aren't those poses natural. He is so cute "like a button" as they say.

Can you all tell that I am home today vegetation after working 6 12-hour shifts? I am bored already. oonu entatain me nuh??? :help::help:

mi will entertain yuh..if u tell mi how fi keep anything i eat down :help:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Can you all tell that I am home today vegetation after working 6 12-hour shifts? I am bored already. oonu entatain me nuh??? :help::help:

Oh Kimmie dahling, me nuh knoa. :huh::huh: OB is not in my line and I had my last child 18years ago. I don't know what works :(:( Sarry yuh nah feel too good :crying::crying:

Edited by clairern

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh Kimmie dahling, me nuh knoa. :huh::huh: OB is not in my line and I had my last child 18years ago. I don't know what works :(:( Sarry yuh nah feel too good :crying::crying:

:wacko::wacko::(:crying: ...Doc gave me Reglan..not working ...I have another Rx for Zofran..think I'm gonna fill that and see

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry Kimmy that you are having such a rough time. Since I am not a doc or have ever had a baby I don't have any personal advice but I found the info below from a reputable source. Hope it helps.

What can I do to get relief?

If you have a mild case of nausea and vomiting, some relatively simple measures may be enough to help. (If not, there are safe and effective medications you can take.) Not all the following suggestions are supported by hard evidence, but obstetricians and midwives commonly recommend them, and many women swear by them.

• Try to avoid foods and smells that trigger your nausea. If that seems like almost everything, it's okay to eat the few things that do appeal to you for this part of your pregnancy, even if they don't add up to a balanced diet.

It might also help to stick to bland foods. Try to eat food cold or at room temperature, because it tends to have less of an aroma than when it's hot.

• Keep simple snacks, such as crackers, by your bed. When you first wake up, nibble a few crackers and then rest for 20 to 30 minutes before getting up. Snacking on crackers may also help you feel better if you wake up nauseated in the middle of the night.

• Eat small, frequent meals and snacks throughout the day so that your stomach is never empty. Some women find that carbohydrates are most appealing when they feel nauseated, but one small study found that high-protein foods were more likely to ease symptoms.

• Avoid fatty foods, which take longer to digest. Also steer clear of rich, spicy, acidic, and fried foods, which can irritate your digestive system.

• Try drinking fluids mostly between meals. And don't drink so much at one time that your stomach feels full, as that will make you less hungry for food. A good strategy is to sip fluids frequently throughout the day.

Aim to drink about a quart and a half altogether. If you've been vomiting a lot, try a sports drink that contains glucose, salt, and potassium to replace lost electrolytes.

• Give yourself time to relax and take naps if you can. Watching a movie (preferably not one about food!) or visiting with a friend can help relieve stress and take your mind off your discomfort. Or try hypnosis — while there's no definitive evidence that it helps with morning sickness, it has been shown to be effective in combating nausea during chemotherapy.

• Try taking your prenatal vitamins with food or just before bed. You might also want to ask your healthcare provider whether you can switch to a prenatal vitamin with a low dose of iron or no iron for the first trimester, since this mineral can be hard on your digestive system.

• Try ginger, an alternative remedy thought to settle the stomach and help quell queasiness. See if you can find ginger ale made with real ginger. (Most supermarket ginger ales aren't.) Grate some fresh ginger into hot water to make ginger tea, or see if ginger candies help.

A few studies found that taking powdered ginger root in capsules provided some relief, but be sure to talk to your provider before taking ginger supplements. There's no way to be sure how much of the active ingredient you're getting in these supplements, so some experts think it's best not to use them. (As with many other things that are helpful in small amounts, the effects of megadoses are unknown.)

• Try an acupressure band, a soft cotton wristband that's sold at drugstores. You strap it on so that the plastic button pushes against an acupressure point on the underside of your wrist. This simple and inexpensive device, designed to ward off seasickness, has helped some pregnant women through morning sickness — although research suggests that it may be largely a placebo effect.

• Ask your provider about a device that stimulates the underside of your wrist with a mild electric current. This "acustimulation" device costs about $75 and is available by prescription only. It's safe, and research has shown that this technique works well for some women.

What if I just can't keep anything down?

Call your provider if you haven't been able to keep anything — including fluids — down for 24 hours. (If you're newly pregnant and don't yet have a doctor or midwife, go to the emergency room.)

You may have a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum — literally, "excessive vomiting in pregnancy." This condition can be difficult to manage, but the sooner you're diagnosed and begin treatment, the more likely you'll be able to avoid severe symptoms.

Your caregiver will probably want to give you some intravenous fluids right away, since you'll most likely be seriously dehydrated. Then she'll need to do some tests to check your electrolyte levels and make sure no underlying illness is causing your constant vomiting. Depending on your condition, you may need to be hospitalized for a few days so that you can continue to receive IV fluids and medication.

Many women feel much better after they're rehydrated and are able to control their symptoms with anti-nausea medication. In rare cases, you'll need to continue to receive intravenous therapy on and off either in the hospital or at home.

If inadequately treated, hyperemesis gravidarum can result in chronic dehydration, weight loss, malnutrition, and other complications for you and your baby. For more information, visit the Hyperemesis Education and Research Foundation website.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_morning-sickne...p;articleId=254

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.