Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am just getting caught up that he won Maine today as well (took Mom out for her birthday). No disrespect to Mrs. Michelle Obama, but her husband is a serious piece of eye candy... :devil:

barack-obama.jpg

Haha yes he is! :thumbs: Whats funny is my mom swears he looks like my husband! At first I was like :unsure: , but now I do see the resemblence. He's a really handsome man. I love his wife though and I love the affection they show for one another, you can tell that he is into his wife. Whenever they show affection, he dang near has his hand on her butt!!haha, now thats a brutha for yuh!! haha LOVE IT!!

That is SOOOO true!! Good looking Guy...love his lips (the words coming out aren't too bad either!! ;) ) He had an interview on BET some time back and the interviewer HAD THE NERVE TO ASK HIM why he didn't marry a white woman!? He laughed and was like "Have you seen my WIFE!?!?! She is FINE!!!!" I just loved that. You fall in love with whoever you fall in love with! For someone to expect that he marry a certain type of woman, because he is an interracial child, raised by his White mom...just pissed me off!!

Michelle Obama is going to be on CNN tonight with Larry King at 9pm! I love her :luv: ...talk about holding it down!!! I would love to see her as first lady!!! Their daughters are SOOOOO cute too! :luv:

Bless,

Gill

WTH!!! :angry: Now all kinds of stuff ran thru my head when you said what the guy on BET asked. Why would he even think that was a needed question to ask someone?! I tell you some people!! :angry: Anyway, yes him and his wife are both so cute and hold each other down! You know there was an article in Ebony this month for Valentines and they were talking to famous couples. Michelle and Obama were in it of course and they asked her why she fell for him, and she was like "Well besides the fact that he's fine?" Haha, I loved that! True sista fuh real!! Thats right hold yuh man down, cause these triflin hefahs ain't got no morals now days!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
For all of you guys in MD, I've found a WICKED Jamaican restaurant two minutes from my house!!

Details are

Caribbean Flava

152 Smallwood Village Drive

Waldorf 20602

Tel 301 632 9738

So far we've had the oxtail, red pea soup and stew chicken, was GOOD!!

I am over the moon, now when I take a day off cooking, can just run up the road!

Engy,

Some Red Pea Soup wouldda noice right yah now!!!! It is BRICK outside tiddeh!!! Mi rahtid...mi step out han haffi run back in fuh guh put mi lang john on under mi tights!!! Spring 2008...oh where are you!? :unsure::angry:

Mi appy yuh fine a good spot fi eat! I know what you mean...cooking EVERYDAY takes a toll afta a while! :wacko:

Bless,

Gill

Mmmmm red pea soup!! I had that in JA once...or wait...maybe it was red bean soup...is that the same. All I know is it was sooooo good! Crazy how I can scarf down a steamin' hot bowl of soup in the middle of August in JA. Craziness, but I love it!

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Jengy, That's GREAT news!!! I AM SO DAMN HAPPY FOR YOU CHICA!!!!

God is good all the time...All the time God is Good!!! (Happy Lita, I didn't dash the 'o's! :lol: )

Bless,

Gill

haha Gill yuh crazy nah! I was just gonna tell Jengs to give thanks and praise to the Lord cause He has been showing His presence in her life and passing out all the blessings.

So happy to hear the misters passport was found. Thats awesome!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I just had to share: As I've matured

Enjoy!!!

:ot2:

THANKS FOR SHARING :luv::luv:

Love the new photo Nels...very cute! :luv::luv:

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
:ot: I just had to share: As I've matured

Enjoy!!!

:ot2:

THANKS FOR SHARING :luv::luv:

Love the new photo Nels...very cute! :luv::luv:

Bless,

Gill

THANKS GILL (F)

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE*********

:luv:GOOD MAWNING YARDIE FAM!!!!!, :luv:

I hope everyone had a wonderful night and is doing well this morning!

ALRIGHT BELTWAY YARDIE FAMILY...to day is your day!!! Go out and let your voices be heard!!! Honestly, whether it's Barack, Hillary, John or Mike (I strongly recommend Barack though ;):lol: )...get out there and do your thing!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!! (F) Remember you are all loved and blessed! (F)

Be well and do well (L) ,

Gill

His and Hers Diaries

HER DIARY

Sunday night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and aloof. I asked him what was wrong - he said, "Nothing." I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.

He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry. On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior; I don't know why he didn't say, "I love you, too."

When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched TV; he seemed distant and vacant. Finally I decided to go to bed.

About 10 minutes later he came to bed and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt that his thoughts were somewhere else. I decided that I could not take it anymore, so I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I also fell asleep. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY

Today Lara made 191, he missed the double century by just nine runs! But at least I got laid.

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

:ot:BAD NEWS :help:

I just spoke with Ken and he told me that KJ's mother lost the receipt to go pick up his Birth Certificate!!! :o:o:angry:

It took us TWO dyam months to get that frigging birth certificate!!! The worst part is the bloody certificate won't even be valid in the eyes of th US gov't because it was issued too late AFTER the birth of the child! However, the 202# advised me NOT to go without it! Both visas could be denied...K1 & K2!

Are any of you that filed a K-1 familiar with how to reschedule an interview appointment? :crying::crying: I know I probably won't get anything else in March...but hopefully April!

I am so LIVID right now I just can't speak! The Jamaican system is so F-ed up...only the mother can pick up the birth certificate! Although Ken is the one that filed all the papers and paid all the fees to get it!

Mi seh deh bloodcl**t ooman is suh dyam careless!! She lose hevery claating ting!.

SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPS *lang dutty disgusted kissteet*

Thanks for whatever info you can give.

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys good morning to you all. Have not been on-line a lot these past few days. Been working like crazy and trying not to obsess about Mike's RFE. Waiting for the new one to come in the mail from him. I am trying my best to stay away from VJ, because it is like an obsession and I get more and more depressed when I log on and see people getting their interview dates and having their interviews and I am stuck waiting to reply to the RFE.

Mind you, I am very happy and supportive of all who have had progress with their cases, but at the same time I am a little down in the dumps cause I miss Mike so much and I'm not trying to plan a trip to see him. I am trying to conserve my funds because I know that when he comes, it's gonna take a while for him to get used to the place and find a job.

I love you all so much and that you for all the sincere support that all have proveded in one way or the other.

Sorry for the vent.

Claire - nuh fret, your time soon come. I never told you all this (I wish I found VJ before I made this decision), I had used a lawyer when I filed for Aaron and my dear, you wouldn't want to see the emails I would send their a$$e$. Since they were our Choice of Agent, they received the request to send the DS-230. Yuh knoa seh di ole fart dem siddung pon di form fi almost 4 weeks before dem sen' out di paperwork mi gi dem from how much months before!! :angry: Now mi can look back pon dem times deh and nuh get so mad since Aaron deh yah, but dem an' dem foolishness cost mi and mi man 2 months. Mek mi tell yuh, ah nuh di ongle ting dem do wrong - mi did fill out di Affidavit of Support form from when, but dem tell mi nuh date it since dem wi do it when it requested fah, di ole eeediat dem never put een di date before dem sen' it off. Afta mi find VJ, ah mi start email and call dem fi tell dem wah dem need fi look out fa nex'. Mi wish mi did find unnu lang time...

Mi ah tell yuh dis Claire fi mek yuh knoa seh di time soon come. Mi knoa it nuh easy, but when Mike is finally here in your arms, yuh nah go memba dem time yah :luv:

Thanks Tam Tam, I sure will share those good times with you all. You all make me wanna cry. I have been doing that a lot lately and I am not preggo :lol::lol::lol: You guys are such good friends. I wish I could meet you all and just give you all a great big hug to show my appreciation for your kind words and support :luv::luv:

as long as someone is bringing food i'm there. lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
right , cause they are funny, this is the same consulate that gave him the travel document, makes u wonder about the record keeping. i called them back but of course didn't get an answer. they want him to come for it...so I'm going to have to see if we can work something out, if I can get it.

Tell them you'll get a letter from him authorizing you to pick it up signed by a JP in Jamaica....That might just work!!

they just called, they will send the passport to the kingston passport office for his retrevial.

Thank goodness for that!!!

Lawd it come like unu have nine life tuh rass!

mr jengles only got eight left.

Filed: Other Timeline

I just spoke with Ken and he told me that KJ's mother lost the receipt to go pick up his Birth Certificate!!! :o:o:angry:

It took us TWO dyam months to get that frigging birth certificate!!! The worst part is the bloody certificate won't even be valid in the eyes of th US gov't because it was issued too late AFTER the birth of the child! However, the 202# advised me NOT to go without it! Both visas could be denied...K1 & K2!

Are any of you that filed a K-1 familiar with how to reschedule an interview appointment? :crying::crying: I know I probably won't get anything else in March...but hopefully April!

I am so LIVID right now I just can't speak! The Jamaican system is so F-ed up...only the mother can pick up the birth certificate! Although Ken is the one that filed all the papers and paid all the fees to get it!

Mi seh deh bloodcl**t ooman is suh dyam careless!! She lose hevery claating ting!.

sorry to hear Gill, No I don't have a clue as to how to reschedule, others will. Maybe by email or simply calling them. It's a shame, they want proof the father has been in the child life, but they will only allow mothers to do any damn thing. The system is a joke :angry: I hope she didn't do this on purpose.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

I know Kimmy reschedule Kashi's appt last year. so she's probably the best source right now.

U sure the baby mother want her son fi come??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know Kimmy reschedule Kashi's appt last year. so she's probably the best source right now.

Who told you only the mother can go pick up the birth papers? Andre's mom went and picked up some for her Grandson.

Yah, I am wondering if the babymama isn't playing a little game too.

Yes, you can reschedule. Just call them.

Sorry, Gill. I hope you get it all worked out.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Brownie & Jengy,

Nuh tink mi neva tink bout dat! All I have to say is this ooman don't want fi start wid nuh phockery righta now! She and her JP signed a form giving Ken permission to take KJ to the US and gave him full custody! Suh deh time fuh back peddling is DONE!!

I don't know if it was Ken mentioning the DNA test dat mek she misplace deh sittin...but like Bob says...'Time will tell!'

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- I just called the 202 # again and she said DO NOT RESCHEDULE the appt. Because by the time Kingston gets word it may look like no-show and that will look bad! She said that KJ has a year to come on the K2 and Ken has 6 months after his visa is approved to get here...suh it may delay his arrival...but mi still a push through!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Who told you only the mother can go pick up the birth papers? Andre's mom went and picked up some for her Grandson.

Yah, I am wondering if the babymama isn't playing a little game too.

Yes, you can reschedule. Just call them.

Sorry, Gill. I hope you get it all worked out.

right,, just remembered...mr jengles added his name to his daughter's and they were supposed to mail it back to him....

Brownie & Jengy,

Nuh tink mi neva tink bout dat! All I have to say is this ooman don't want fi start wid nuh phockery righta now! She and her JP signed a form giving Ken permission to take KJ to the US and gave him full custody! Suh deh time fuh back peddling is DONE!!

I don't know if it was Ken mentioning the DNA test dat mek she misplace deh sittin...but like Bob says...'Time will tell!'

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- I just called the 202 # again and she said DO NOT RESCHEDULE the appt. Because by the time Kingston gets word it may look like no-show and that will look bad! She said that KJ has a year to come on the K2 and Ken has 6 months after his visa is approved to get here...suh it may delay his arrival...but mi still a push through!

Ok, so then u go the interview and get a blue slip...for more info required. could be the dna..and she doesn't want to be found out.

Timeline
Ok, so then u go the interview and get a blue slip...for more info required. could be the dna..and she doesn't want to be found out.

It's just very suspious (sp?) to me...you've had it for all this time and last week he mentioned DNA..this week the claating ting is gone!! :unsure::whistle: C'mon...I bet she got a bridge in Brooklyn tuh sell mi tuh!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.