Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning (F)

(((Claire))) I totally know what you mean about getting obsessed with it. I am sorry about your RFE :( I hope and pray you get your approval soon :yes:

Gill - You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth. I only watched parts of the show but when Aretha came out I just had to turn it. I couldn't believe she wore that dress...she could have looked so classic in a dress more her style for her body type. Ain't no shame in a girls size but you gotta wear what works for your body not what you would like to work for you.

Anyone do anything fun over the weekend?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys good morning to you all. Have not been on-line a lot these past few days. Been working like crazy and trying not to obsess about Mike's RFE. Waiting for the new one to come in the mail from him. I am trying my best to stay away from VJ, because it is like an obsession and I get more and more depressed when I log on and see people getting their interview dates and having their interviews and I am stuck waiting to reply to the RFE.

Mind you, I am very happy and supportive of all who have had progress with their cases, but at the same time I am a little down in the dumps cause I miss Mike so much and I'm not trying to plan a trip to see him. I am trying to conserve my funds because I know that when he comes, it's gonna take a while for him to get used to the place and find a job.

I love you all so much and that you for all the sincere support that all have proveded in one way or the other.

Sorry for the vent.

(((((Hugs to Claire)))). Your approval will soon come :thumbs:

Thanks SJB. This is what I was missing these past couple of days. You guys make me feel so loved. :blush::blush: Thanks a million you guys. :luv:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys good morning to you all. Have not been on-line a lot these past few days. Been working like crazy and trying not to obsess about Mike's RFE. Waiting for the new one to come in the mail from him. I am trying my best to stay away from VJ, because it is like an obsession and I get more and more depressed when I log on and see people getting their interview dates and having their interviews and I am stuck waiting to reply to the RFE.

Mind you, I am very happy and supportive of all who have had progress with their cases, but at the same time I am a little down in the dumps cause I miss Mike so much and I'm not trying to plan a trip to see him. I am trying to conserve my funds because I know that when he comes, it's gonna take a while for him to get used to the place and find a job.

I love you all so much and that you for all the sincere support that all have proveded in one way or the other.

Sorry for the vent.

Thanks SJB. This is what I was missing these past couple of days. You guys make me feel so loved. :blush::blush: Thanks a million you guys. :luv:

I am sitting here at work reading you guys posts and just feeling so overwhelmed right now, I am actually teary-eyed :crying::crying: I have no-one to talk to who understands what or how I am feeling. Well......

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Clarien - Ugh, girl when it happens you are going to forget all this because that happy feeling is going to be overwhelming.

I was at a birthday party last night and we had the grammy going on in two rooms. One room had a large screen tv and the other room had a analog tv. So we heard Aretha next then all of a sudden we heard this groan from everyone in the big room and then 15 seconds later it was mimiced by everyone in the small room. She looked a hot mess. That dark eyeshadow was horrible. I'm not going to comment on the dress, but whoever her stylist is. needs to be shot.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so i'm at work, and something tells me to check my voice messages at home. i rarely do that from my job. The jamaican consulate here in nyc, called this morning. mr jengles passport was found at JFK AIRPORT and was forwarded to them.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
so i'm at work, and something tells me to check my voice messages at home. i rarely do that from my job. The jamaican consulate here in nyc, called this morning. mr jengles passport was found at JFK AIRPORT and was forwarded to them.

THANK GOD!!! That is wonderful Jengles! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry for the vent.

I am sitting here at work reading you guys posts and just feeling so overwhelmed right now, I am actually teary-eyed :crying::crying: I have no-one to talk to who understands what or how I am feeling. Well......

Hey Claire.....

I am patiently waiting like you.......We were approved 12/13/07 and still waiting for a date.....However, just a bit of info......We got an RFE due to a date on one of his places of living.......I listed since the age of 17 not 16......but they told me that #20 was wrong.....I again changed it.......and sent it back in.....it only cost us 2 weeks.......but that could have been the difference between a Feb date and March date....

Hopefully good news will come soon!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline

Great news :thumbs:

Seet deh, is a LESSON him did need fi learn!!

Nah lie, would have been HELL fi get back di visa from dem fassy a di Embassy

Yuh nah guh spend Valentine's alone my girl, mek sure you mek di MOAS :devil: :devil: :devil:

memba not like yuh can get pregnant AGAIN :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance:YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Jengy, That's GREAT news!!! I AM SO DAMN HAPPY FOR YOU CHICA!!!!

God is good all the time...All the time God is Good!!! (Happy Lita, I didn't dash the 'o's! :lol:)

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry for the vent.

Hey Claire.....

I am patiently waiting like you.......We were approved 12/13/07 and still waiting for a date.....However, just a bit of info......We got an RFE due to a date on one of his places of living.......I listed since the age of 17 not 16......but they told me that #20 was wrong.....I again changed it.......and sent it back in.....it only cost us 2 weeks.......but that could have been the difference between a Feb date and March date....

Hopefully good news will come soon!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Thanks for sharing Tons!! :thumbs: Yuh see hit Clariey...hall is NOT lost!!! Please nuh boddah fi mek one likkle pissa paper mess wid yuh mentals!! You and Mike are so much stronger than a foofoo pissa paper!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Just wondering though, are they going to give it to you to send to Jamaica??

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Other Timeline

THANK GOD!!! That is wonderful Jengles! :dance:

Hey J nice to hear!!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Ok people don't kill me. But i've never been able to get into MO Bay...Negril was nice, but nothing really going on but the beach...I LOVE Ochi, cyan just walk out and u in the middle of things...that hip strip is boring, where do u all hang out when u go there??? Ya'll talking bout places and i'm like where is that. I like mixing up with people when I go to JA.

Don't feel too bad...I am way outta the loop as well :yes: I was only in Mo Bay for the airport :lol: and stayed for a night or 2 when they lost the luggage but other than that nothing. Never been to Negril. Been to Ochi more than anything but even then it wasn't much. The Island Grill, the mall, the movie place, KFC :lol:

Now when you all start talking about Spanish Town, May Pen, Town, Linstead, Mt. Rosser, Ewarton...I will be able to contribute :thumbs::lol: I truly feel like a country girl!

This is where I stomped around on my last trip. There was NOTHING to do in Linstead/Mt. Rosser/Ewarton. I thought the guys were going to take us to Kingston...but it didn't happen. I was so MAD! We had a ball one night at a roadside bar just outside of Mt. Rosser/Ewarton. Me and this other Jamaican woman started dancing to the tunes..and the next thing you know...people were stopping in the middle of the road...doing u-turns and parking along the side of the road. I think this bar made the most $$ it has seen in a looooooonnnngggg time.

I think the house we stayed in was in Mt. Rosser...or Mt. something or the other. We had about a 10-15 minute ride to get to Linstead. Boy, I got spoiled on this trip. There we were three ladies surrounded at all times by 10 or more men at all times. These men wouldn't let us lift a finger...all the callaloo/okra, roast breadfruit, ackee/saltfish, dumplings, jackfruit(??), steam fish a girl could ask for. *sigh* I never thought I would be saying that I miss it....but I do. I wish I was there right now.

Girl you can say that again...a hundred times over. There is NOTHING to do ever! The highlight of the place is Grand Market and that is only 1 day a year. I love all the people there - some of the nicest people ever but there isn't a darn thing to do. When I would stay there and had visited everyone I could possibly visit while A was working I resorted to working and got a job :lol:

Filed: Other Timeline

Sorry for the vent.

Trus mi, mi know how your feel. Hopefully good news will come for you too.

We were in our immirations lawyer's office today and we were talking about our AOS interview, Apparently this lawyer knew our interviewer. He's been moved from an interviewer in immigration to one who works in deportation because he kept getting into trouble because of people complaining the way he interviewed all time. I know he was a complete ### to us. Anyways the lawyer said this guy is an ### to the applicants because he was once engaged then married to a woman from Brazil: she left the day after she got her 10 green card...or might have been naturlization. Had it been up to me he would have been fired.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.