Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am just getting caught up that he won Maine today as well (took Mom out for her birthday). No disrespect to Mrs. Michelle Obama, but her husband is a serious piece of eye candy... :devil:

barack-obama.jpg

Haha yes he is! :thumbs: Whats funny is my mom swears he looks like my husband! At first I was like :unsure: , but now I do see the resemblence. He's a really handsome man. I love his wife though and I love the affection they show for one another, you can tell that he is into his wife. Whenever they show affection, he dang near has his hand on her butt!!haha, now thats a brutha for yuh!! haha LOVE IT!!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am just getting caught up that he won Maine today as well (took Mom out for her birthday). No disrespect to Mrs. Michelle Obama, but her husband is a serious piece of eye candy... :devil:

barack-obama.jpg

Haha yes he is! :thumbs: Whats funny is my mom swears he looks like my husband! At first I was like :unsure: , but now I do see the resemblence. He's a really handsome man. I love his wife though and I love the affection they show for one another, you can tell that he is into his wife. Whenever they show affection, he dang near has his hand on her butt!!haha, now thats a brutha for yuh!! haha LOVE IT!!

That is SOOOO true!! Good looking Guy...love his lips (the words coming out aren't too bad either!! ;) ) He had an interview on BET some time back and the interviewer HAD THE NERVE TO ASK HIM why he didn't marry a white woman!? He laughed and was like "Have you seen my WIFE!?!?! She is FINE!!!!" I just loved that. You fall in love with whoever you fall in love with! For someone to expect that he marry a certain type of woman, because he is an interracial child, raised by his White mom...just pissed me off!!

Michelle Obama is going to be on CNN tonight with Larry King at 9pm! I love her :luv: ...talk about holding it down!!! I would love to see her as first lady!!! Their daughters are SOOOOO cute too! :luv:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

For all of you guys in MD, I've found a WICKED Jamaican restaurant two minutes from my house!!

Details are

Caribbean Flava

152 Smallwood Village Drive

Waldorf 20602

Tel 301 632 9738

So far we've had the oxtail, red pea soup and stew chicken, was GOOD!!

I am over the moon, now when I take a day off cooking, can just run up the road!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
For all of you guys in MD, I've found a WICKED Jamaican restaurant two minutes from my house!!

Details are

Caribbean Flava

Waldorf 20602

Tel 301 632 9738

I am over the moon, now when I take a day off cooking, can just run up the road!

Engy,

Some Red Pea Soup wouldda noice right yah now!!!! It is BRICK outside tiddeh!!! Mi rahtid...mi step out han haffi run back in fuh guh put mi lang john on under mi tights!!! Spring 2008...oh where are you!? :unsure::angry:

Mi appy yuh fine a good spot fi eat! I know what you mean...cooking EVERYDAY takes a toll afta a while! :wacko:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

**********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

Good Mawning Yardie Fam,

I hope everyone had a nice WARM weekend!!! :blink: I don't know where you are, but it is 11 degress in NYC today!!! :o That is not including that blasted win chill factor!! Wherever you are Fam...stay warm and well. Have a wonderful day!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

********************************************************************************

Boots: A Yardie and a Trini

There was once a Yardie and a Trini who lived next door to each other. The Yardie owned a hen and each morning would look in his garden and pick up one of his hen's eggs for breakfast.

One day the Yardie looked into his garden and saw that the hen had laid an egg in the Trini's garden. He was about to go next door when he saw the Trini pick up the egg.

The Yardie ran up to the Trini and told him that the egg belonged to him because he owned the hen. The Trini disagreed because the egg was laid on his property.

They argued for a while until finally the Yardie said, "Look 'ere back home, we normally solve disputes deh following weh;

I kick you in your balls and time how long it takes you to get back up, then you kick me in deh balls and time how long it takes for me to get up, whoever git hup quicker win deh hegg."

The Trini agreed to this and so the Yardie went inside and found his heaviest pair of boots and put them on, he took a few steps back, then ran toward the Trini and kicked him as hard as he could in the balls.

POW!

The Trini fell to the floor clutching his groin howling in agony for 30 minutes.

Eventually the Trini stood up and said, "Now it's my turn to kick you,"

The Yardie said, "Nah Man, yuh cyan keep deh hegg."

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

barack-obama.jpg

That is SOOOO true!! Good looking Guy...love his lips (the words coming out aren't too bad either!! ;) ) He had an interview on BET some time back and the interviewer HAD THE NERVE TO ASK HIM why he didn't marry a white woman!? He laughed and was like "Have you seen my WIFE!?!?! She is FINE!!!!" I just loved that. You fall in love with whoever you fall in love with! For someone to expect that he marry a certain type of woman, because he is an interracial child, raised by his White mom...just pissed me off!!

Michelle Obama is going to be on CNN tonight with Larry King at 9pm! I love her :luv: ...talk about holding it down!!! I would love to see her as first lady!!! Their daughters are SOOOOO cute too! :luv:

Bless,

Gill

I was talking about that interview this morning. I loved his response :luv:

Timeline

Details are

Caribbean Flava

Waldorf 20602

Tel 301 632 9738

Thanks. We drove across town to get Damien some banana chips, cornmeal porridge and estovich (sp) king fish :blink:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Guys good morning to you all. Have not been on-line a lot these past few days. Been working like crazy and trying not to obsess about Mike's RFE. Waiting for the new one to come in the mail from him. I am trying my best to stay away from VJ, because it is like an obsession and I get more and more depressed when I log on and see people getting their interview dates and having their interviews and I am stuck waiting to reply to the RFE.

Mind you, I am very happy and supportive of all who have had progress with their cases, but at the same time I am a little down in the dumps cause I miss Mike so much and I'm not trying to plan a trip to see him. I am trying to conserve my funds because I know that when he comes, it's gonna take a while for him to get used to the place and find a job.

I love you all so much and that you for all the sincere support that all have proveded in one way or the other.

Sorry for the vent.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Hey Guys good morning to you all. Have not been on-line a lot these past few days. Been working like crazy and trying not to obsess about Mike's RFE. Waiting for the new one to come in the mail from him. I am trying my best to stay away from VJ, because it is like an obsession and I get more and more depressed when I log on and see people getting their interview dates and having their interviews and I am stuck waiting to reply to the RFE.

Mind you, I am very happy and supportive of all who have had progress with their cases, but at the same time I am a little down in the dumps cause I miss Mike so much and I'm not trying to plan a trip to see him. I am trying to conserve my funds because I know that when he comes, it's gonna take a while for him to get used to the place and find a job.

I love you all so much and that you for all the sincere support that all have proveded in one way or the other.

Sorry for the vent.

Oh Chica,

Never apologize for venting. Listening (or reading) is the least we can do. I can only imagine how it must feel. Hang tight Sweets...your day is coming...I promise you that!! :thumbs: Try to keep your head up and your step light!

Bless-ed love always- :luv:(L):luv:(L) ,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

:ot: OK...totally off-topic***ARETHA AT THE GRAMMYS***

Did any of you get a chance to see Aretha Franklin at the Grammys last night?

Ok, please don't get me wrong...the woman can and hopefully will ALWAYS be able to sing her behind off!!!

However, that being said...WTH was she wearing!!! Look, I KNOW she has enough money to hire a sylist!!! Begin a big sister she ALWAYS makes me mad!!! I understand that you want to look cute like Rihanna, Beyonce And stuff...but there are just certain things plus size woman can not and should not wear!!!

She had on some spaghetti strap (1st mistake), yellow (2nd mistake) dress. She looked a HOT DYAM MESS!!! I guess considering that she usually wears some ill-fitting outrageous outfit...maybe she didn't look that bad last night! But still...she was being honored by the industry for life-time achievement...you would think that MAYBE...she would take it up a notch!!

Nope...same old #######! I'm going to be honest when I finally remembered it was on ...I saw her and turned right back to CNN!!!

Poor Aretha...Gurl, PM me in the future...I'll be happy to help! My motto is just because we can't wear a size 2 doesn't mean that we can't look DYAM GOOD!!! ;):thumbs::lol:

Ok...thanks for the rant...just had to get that of my chest...ahhhhhhh, that feels better! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Timeline

Ok, please don't get me wrong...the woman can and hopefully will ALWAYS be able to sing her behind off!!!

However, that being said...WTH was she wearing!!! Look, I KNOW she has enough money to hire a sylist!!! Begin a big sister she ALWAYS makes me mad!!! I understand that you want to look cute like Rihanna, Beyonce And stuff...but there are just certain things plus size woman can not and should not wear!!!

She had on some spaghetti strap (1st mistake), yellow (2nd mistake) dress. She looked a HOT DYAM MESS!!! I guess considering that she usually wears some ill-fitting outrageous outfit...maybe she didn't look that bad last night! But still...she was being honored by the industry for life-time achievement...you would think that MAYBE...she would take it up a notch!!

Nope...same old #######! I'm going to be honest when I finally remembered it was on ...I saw her and turned right back to CNN!!!

Poor Aretha...Gurl, PM me in the future...I'll be happy to help! My motto is just because we can't wear a size 2 doesn't mean that we can't look DYAM GOOD!!! ;):thumbs::lol:

Ok...thanks for the rant...just had to get that of my chest...ahhhhhhh, that feels better! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

GILL, GILL, GILL.........

My gurl...di people dem a mi jab tink mi MAD...dem wah know wah sweet mi....well, some of the ladies I work with really wear SIZE 10 or 11 shoe, but they squeez in size 9 or 8 1/2...whyyyyyyyy...DATS WHY DEM FUT LUK LIKE DEM A KICK CONCRETE RUBBLE

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

GILL, GILL, GILL.........

My gurl...di people dem a mi jab tink mi MAD...dem wah know wah sweet mi....well, some of the ladies I work with really wear SIZE 10 or 11 shoe, but they squeez in size 9 or 8 1/2...whyyyyyyyy...DATS WHY DEM FUT LUK LIKE DEM A KICK CONCRETE RUBBLE

Like Admiral Bailey used to sing..."Young gyal wear yuh size!!!!" :lol::lol: MESS!!!

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

:thumbs: I agree. I think it was a 1/4 inch notch up because she boobs weren't hanging out but still.....

Timeline

Sorry for the vent.

(((((Hugs to Claire)))). Your approval will soon come :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry for the vent.

Oh Chica,

Never apologize for venting. Listening (or reading) is the least we can do. I can only imagine how it must feel. Hang tight Sweets...your day is coming...I promise you that!! :thumbs: Try to keep your head up and your step light!

Bless-ed love always- :luv:(L):luv:(L) ,

Gill

Thanks for that reassurance Gill. I can alsways count on you to give me a reality check. :yes::yes::lol: I know within my heart that my day will soon some, but on the other hand...hmmm...you know how it feels :crying::crying:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.