Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All,

Well.......I called the automated system this morning......and much to my surprise and disappointment......they say they are missing documents.......Who knows......I sent them everything they needed.....So now......another phone call to an operator this time.......

Correct me if I am wrong......I sent in the DS-230 part 1 signed part 2 not signed......marriage certificate.....birth certificate.....police record......and copy of passport page.......

What else do they want......

Peace & Love,

Tonya

OK all.........I called and talked to an operator......I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED at myself.............I made a years difference in one of his addresses and only included from age 17 instead of 16.......... :angry::crying: ........So I have corrected it and getting ready to send it back out again.......Do I have to wait until I receive the correspondence from them stating something is missing......Or can I just return it to the New Hampshire address.......Please help!

i have always been told that you need to wait till you get the rfe....because that has all of your info on it.....i know that may be hard to do...but i really would wait for it to come...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All,

Well.......I called the automated system this morning......and much to my surprise and disappointment......they say they are missing documents.......Who knows......I sent them everything they needed.....So now......another phone call to an operator this time.......

Correct me if I am wrong......I sent in the DS-230 part 1 signed part 2 not signed......marriage certificate.....birth certificate.....police record......and copy of passport page.......

What else do they want......

Peace & Love,

Tonya

OK all.........I called and talked to an operator......I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED at myself.............I made a years difference in one of his addresses and only included from age 17 instead of 16.......... :angry::crying: ........So I have corrected it and getting ready to send it back out again.......Do I have to wait until I receive the correspondence from them stating something is missing......Or can I just return it to the New Hampshire address.......Please help!

i have always been told that you need to wait till you get the rfe....because that has all of your info on it.....i know that may be hard to do...but i really would wait for it to come...

I agree :thumbs: If you just sent it before you got the RFE packet they would most likely never get it to your case. Wait for the special packet and send back in the envelope they provide with all the paperwork. It shouldn't take too long through the mail. Hope it comes soon for ya :yes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill..u right on point wid di bammy ting :)

Tonks Chica...Ken is like Bammy KING!!! 'Im lova casava yuh see! Fry Bammy, Roast Bammy, Boil Bammy...( ajoke! :lol: ). Yuh git deh point and there is nothing worst than Freezer burn bammy!!!

Now me, I like Bammy, but I LOVE some HOT codfish Fritters ( I HATE when people call hit flitters-UGH!!!Ken does it to ANNOY mi :lol: ) wid some fresh harddough bread!!!!

What are some of your favorite Yard dishes...everyone feel free to join in! Let's torture ourselves and talk about this!! :lol: ...My stomach is rumblin arready!! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Well, I love my flitters. Andre made them with macreal a few nights ago cause we were out of saltfish.

Ackeee & saltfish....macrael with baked beans.....callaloo.......coconut drops......tamarind balls....and plantain----boiled or fried---both yellow or green.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Shauna! How is the pregnancy going? How are you doing?

it is acutally going not too bad....i am not getting morning/evening sickness too much anymore which is great!!! but i tend to be hungry like every 3 hours which is fun but not fun when i am not near any food....i go back again in december then i need to get another ultarsound so i hope i will soon find out what it is....my mom wants a girl because she has lace outfits on the brain...and everyone else wants a boy so he can be a football or basketball star....but other then then things are going ok....mike and i are going to be taking a break from each other...i think it is needed...and i need to get myself together and he needs to get himself together before this child comes into the world....

how are things with you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I wonder if the whole traffic issue is what caused it to basically shut down...I am not too familiar with Sangster so I am not so sure of the layout...

A number of passengers were forced to pull their bags from the roundabout as traffic came to a halt leading into the facilities, and it is estimated that the busy car park, which makes an average of $250,000 daily, did no business because the gates were padlocked.

There is one way into the airport....through the front doors. To get out, after deplaning, you can go through the side door which has some gated parking lots and the front of the airport, or through the side-sortof back door to what is a gated parking lot for the drivers of sanctioned buses and resort buses. I guess those are all what they are locking.

And, then, it would appear those loading/unloading the luggage are a part of it.

Wonder if the counter people, security, immigration, and customs are all part of it?

The airport looks nothing like that anymore. In the past year it has changed each and every time I went back. Lots of additions and renovations going on. it looks a lot nicer too. The entry through security when you depart is all new and there are mini shops with storefronts like most of major US airports.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Ok guys...Here is my shopping list below...I will get multiples of most these items but am I missing anything "vital"? I think I covered most of it and hubby says whatever I get is fine but I always feel like I am missing some staple things. Plus this is my once a year stock up so unless there is a big sale later whatever I miss is gone til next Christmas. So any things you would add?

SALTED FISH BONELESS

ANGEL BRAND SORREL

GRACE COCONUT MILK POWDER

GRACE DRY JERK SEASONING

WALKERSWOOD FIRE STICK PEPPER SAUCE

GRACE CURRY POWDER

EXCELSIOR CHEESE KRUNCHIES

WALKERSWOOD ESCOVEITCH SAUCE

D&G KOLA CHAMPAGNE 2 LTR (Pepsi)

EXCELSIOR WATER CRACKERS

GIZZADA

ROYAL CARIBBEAN HARDOUGH BREAD

GRACE ALL PURPOSE SEASONING

SUNRITE BAMMY (2-PK)

GRACE ####### SOUP

CARIBBEAN DREAM PEPPERMINT TEA

GRACE CHICKEN SEASONING

GRACE JERK SEASONING HOT

Edited by Yardiewife

Ok guys...Here is my shopping list below...I will get multiples of most these items but am I missing anything "vital"? I think I covered most of it and hubby says whatever I get is fine but I always feel like I am missing some staple things. Plus this is my once a year stock up so unless there is a big sale later whatever I miss is gone til next Christmas. So any things you would add?

SALTED FISH BONELESS

ANGEL BRAND SORREL

GRACE COCONUT MILK POWDER

GRACE DRY JERK SEASONING

WALKERSWOOD FIRE STICK PEPPER SAUCE

GRACE CURRY POWDER

EXCELSIOR CHEESE KRUNCHIES

WALKERSWOOD ESCOVEITCH SAUCE

D&G KOLA CHAMPAGNE 2 LTR (Pepsi)

EXCELSIOR WATER CRACKERS

GIZZADA

ROYAL CARIBBEAN HARDOUGH BREAD

GRACE ALL PURPOSE SEASONING

SUNRITE BAMMY (2-PK)

GRACE ####### SOUP

CARIBBEAN DREAM PEPPERMINT TEA

GRACE CHICKEN SEASONING

GRACE JERK SEASONING HOT

You forgot the ackee and also black/fruit cake!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Thanks for the suggestions! We are making our own cake this year :dance: and the hubby doesn't like can ackee :no: I should get some just for myself though!

Let me just say I am paying 68% of my order price for shipping...that is SO not right! :protest:

There has got to be a better way to do this!

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamie u list set up man :yes:

Gill mi love ackee and salt fish anyday every day anytime :yes:

mi love run dung to..mi cousin mek one time for me and mi fall in love

anything curry

and no figet di boil Jamaican crabs...whatttt mi mout a run water :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Hey Shauna! How is the pregnancy going? How are you doing?

it is acutally going not too bad....i am not getting morning/evening sickness too much anymore which is great!!! but i tend to be hungry like every 3 hours which is fun but not fun when i am not near any food....i go back again in december then i need to get another ultarsound so i hope i will soon find out what it is....my mom wants a girl because she has lace outfits on the brain...and everyone else wants a boy so he can be a football or basketball star....but other then then things are going ok....mike and i are going to be taking a break from each other...i think it is needed...and i need to get myself together and he needs to get himself together before this child comes into the world....

how are things with you?

I am doing ok. Living one day at a time. Glad to hear you aren't getting sick so much. That has got to be a relief. So your mom wants a girl and other people want a boy...what do you want? Got any names picked out yet? I have tons of names picked out already and I am not anywhere near preggers :lol: Sorry to hear that you are taking a break with Mike but I am sure it is for the best if you feel it is needed. If you don't mind my asking...do you think it will be a permanent or just temporary? It sure has to be hard and on top of it you are pregnant. Know that we are all here for ya and you have my email if you ever need to talk :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.