Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok people don't kill me. But i've never been able to get into MO Bay...Negril was nice, but nothing really going on but the beach...I LOVE Ochi, cyan just walk out and u in the middle of things...that hip strip is boring, where do u all hang out when u go there??? Ya'll talking bout places and i'm like where is that. I like mixing up with people when I go to JA.

I like going to the Dead End Beach in Mo Bay! Across the street, they have a likkle restaurant there and billards table wid music at night! It's nice, everyone a hang-out and enjoy the vibes. I also like Pier 1 or the club above The Pelican on a Friday night and The Ville on Thursday. A nice likkle club in Falmouth on Saturday night. Sunday we usually go to Sunday Breeze in Long Bay. I like MoBay...I am definitely a 'MoBay' Girl!

Negril was nice too! I REALLY LIKED Scrub-A-Dub/Striptease...that place was OFF THE HOOK! Trust me, if you go to Negril in the next few months tek yuh Man...they will appreci-RATE it!! :thumbs: Especially the Go-Go dancers....it's not gully or grimmy...it's just fun...wid good vibes. Ken dared me to stick a dollar bill inna dem g-string...he must have forgotten who he was wid. :no: ..I went right up there and DID IT!! :lol::lol: They also have a pool upstairs on the roof!

Bless,

Gill

Dang Gill,

I was trying to clear my head, then I remember the DEAD end beach in Mobay ..lawd do I remember teh dead end beach :blush:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever thought about the mid-west? It's boring yes, but affoardable.

I think we need to move to KC then cause I need a little boring in my life.

:lol::lol::lol: ROTFDWL...As soon as I saw Brownie's post...I was like uh-oh :unsure: ...Where's J.G. ...I knew you wouldn't let that slide without a comment! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know she didn't meant any harm! :luv:

Love ya'll,

Gill

I need to check out St Louis, cause nuttin nah gwaan ova dis here wey. :no:

One problem wid tx im fearin i will not be able to find any of my carribean groceries!! I need my Lasco Vanilla Soy drink my Foska oats, baba roots, supligen, grace ####### soup mix, callaloo uh oh. There are tons of spanish markets there maybe by chance they will have some other carribean things.

Gurl, that's my fear too! I hear Yardie talking bout all her crazy shipping fees and get scared!!! :unsure: That's one thing I love bout NY. I work 5 minutes from Sam's Caribbean Market/ Golden Krust/ 20 minutes from VP! (Yardie, link mi if yuh waan mi fi guh pick hup deh CD han mail hit tuh yuh at this point! :luv: )

Like, my Sister was BEGGING me to move to Md. about 10 years ago and I was like I want you to take me to your closest Jamaican Grocery...Gurl we were driving for mussi 90 mins!!! I was like NOPE!!! (BEFORE MY BELTWAY FAM STARTS BARKING) :lol::no: ...I know it has gotten ALOT better now! :luv:

Gill

GILL, tap show aff....move come a MARYLAND it no so far fram weh you deh now. I love NY too..Them just put a Golden Krust store near us and the yardie dem a go mad. Oh, one more thing PLEASE mi a beg u a invite (WEDDING)...mi wah some free food and liquor :wacko:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, I forgot, Mobay Proper. its a bar, restaurant an pool hall. it was cool, but not really priced for locals. i loved this little pool hall downtown mobay on some random back street. they have this free juke box and i was practicing my selecta skills all night. The guys thaought I was this "crazy yankee gyal", and they kept wanting to try and teach me how to hold the stick...lol...anyway, mi cyaan hold de stick juss fine, thank you very much!

I'm sure u can :devil:

I can't even believe i'm still awake. i'm about to eat dinner and pop off to bed. lata

Edited by Jengles

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Whats a family policy? Family policy versus what?

sorry, it`s a `household` policy I meant....covers your spouse and dependents in the house....Not sure if you have to have full coverage in order to have it.

Wow English; I love, love this picture of your little boy. He is sooooo cute. :yes::yes:

YES ME TOO HE IS A CUTIE :luv::luv:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Wow English; I love, love this picture of your little boy. He is sooooo cute. :yes::yes:

Me too! What a cutie!!

Thanks!!

Bwaay damn bad yuh si!!

He was sitting up on his own at 4 months, now and five he's holding on and standing up!!

Mi si a pure chubble him a guh gi mi lol

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Me too! What a cutie!!

Thanks!!

Bwaay damn bad yuh si!!

He was sitting up on his own at 4 months, now and five he's holding on and standing up!!

Mi si a pure chubble him a guh gi mi lol

DWL JENGLES...lef mi cutie alone.......lef im...mi sarry fi u when im start walk. My son start walk a 7 months (gave him bad bow legs) but he outgrow it (thank God)...

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry, it`s a `household` policy I meant....covers your spouse and dependents in the house....Not sure if you have to have full coverage in order to have it.

TOTALLY ADORABLE!!!! He is so darn photogenic!!! I just want to munch on those chubby little thighs!!! :lol::lol: I love chubby babies!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How does one deal with SO's unrealistic expectations?

My husband does not have a degree, yet he thinks he is going to get some top dollar job. I have located several jobs, and each time he refuses to apply. I saw a position at Greyhound cleaning the bus. The pay is $9.48 per hour. What is the problem? I wouldn't pressure him as much if he was in school. Every time I make a suggestion, he says "Lemme do mi own ting." I am about to pull my hair out. He has his EAD and SS card; therefore, there is no excuse. Does any one have any suggestions/insight?

I don't really know what to tell him. Andre was bucking to get a job and once he got that GC and SSN, I couldn't hold him back. When he was looking, I did tell him not to be disappointed in any job he found. That, we needed his income since anything was better then the $0 he was getting at that point. I did ask that whatever job he got, he stayed at for at least a year just to make the resume look good.

I would say to never look at any job as beneath anyone. Honest work is just that and an income is an income. Plus, you never know where your next opportunity will come from.

I wish you luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Congrats Mrs. Scott! I can only wish that I can pay $6 to add Ray to my insurance when he comes to the states. I warned him already about not being able to drive crazy like they do in Jamaica. I told him that it's very hard to talk or pay your way out of a ticket in the states. He'll see when he gets here....

We added Andre to our car insurance and it did not got up at all. At this point, we only have one car and we have to share it; but still, I was surprised. State Farm.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Congrats Mrs. Scott! I can only wish that I can pay $6 to add Ray to my insurance when he comes to the states. I warned him already about not being able to drive crazy like they do in Jamaica. I told him that it's very hard to talk or pay your way out of a ticket in the states. He'll see when he gets here....

My husbnd doesn't drive...thank God!! I wonder how much it'll be to add him to my insurance. he's gonna have to take a drivers training class here first. i think thats the best for him to get used to the roads.

just thought about this....do you know that sometimes i forget what side of the street to drive on?! :blink: its cause i have the image of Jamaican roads in my head sometimes so I have a quick lapse of memory and confusion when driving and at times I don't know what side of the street I should be on...i know crazy.

Mine didn't drive either. I taught him here. He took one driver's lesson to make sure I was teaching him things correctly. Took a while on the written part. He passed the driving part on the first try.

No, it doesn't have to be full coverage. We don't have full coverage.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline

My husband does not have a degree, yet he thinks he is going to get some top dollar job. I have located several jobs, and each time he refuses to apply. I saw a position at Greyhound cleaning the bus. The pay is $9.48 per hour. What is the problem? I wouldn't pressure him as much if he was in school. Every time I make a suggestion, he says "Lemme do mi own ting." I am about to pull my hair out. He has his EAD and SS card; therefore, there is no excuse. Does any one have any suggestions/insight?

I don't really know what to tell him. Andre was bucking to get a job and once he got that GC and SSN, I couldn't hold him back. When he was looking, I did tell him not to be disappointed in any job he found. That, we needed his income since anything was better then the $0 he was getting at that point. I did ask that whatever job he got, he stayed at for at least a year just to make the resume look good.

I would say to never look at any job as beneath anyone. Honest work is just that and an income is an income. Plus, you never know where your next opportunity will come from.

I wish you luck.

Same here hubby took what ever he could get, wasn't picky at all, at one point he signed up to deliver phone books :blink: How can you deliver telephone books and you don't know your way around town? Not only that, he seems to find happiness with what ever it is he;s doing. Can you picture a man walking around a trailer park singing hymns in 30 degree weather delivering phone books. :wacko:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning! TGIF!!! :dance::dance:

Ok people don't kill me. But i've never been able to get into MO Bay...Negril was nice, but nothing really going on but the beach...I LOVE Ochi, cyan just walk out and u in the middle of things...that hip strip is boring, where do u all hang out when u go there??? Ya'll talking bout places and i'm like where is that. I like mixing up with people when I go to JA.

Don't feel too bad...I am way outta the loop as well :yes: I was only in Mo Bay for the airport :lol: and stayed for a night or 2 when they lost the luggage but other than that nothing. Never been to Negril. Been to Ochi more than anything but even then it wasn't much. The Island Grill, the mall, the movie place, KFC :lol:

Now when you all start talking about Spanish Town, May Pen, Town, Linstead, Mt. Rosser, Ewarton...I will be able to contribute :thumbs::lol:I truly feel like a country girl!

Chica, you sure do sound like one! :lol: Ain't nothing wrong with DAT!!! Ken's Dad is in Linstead...I used to go there too as a kid! Always busy!!

Gill

:lol: True! I like being a country girl :yes: It has it's advantages too!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wish you luck.

Same here hubby took what ever he could get, wasn't picky at all, at one point he signed up to deliver phone books :blink: How can you deliver telephone books and you don't know your way around town? Not only that, he seems to find happiness with what ever it is he;s doing. Can you picture a man walking around a trailer park singing hymns in 30 degree weather delivering phone books. :wacko:

Yeah hubby was similar. He did a lot of odd jobs (construction/cleaning) until his EAD and then he got a job in a manufacturing plant and has been there ever since. Not necessarily what he was expecting but he likes it and the pay is decent. He did say he could never do fast food but that wasn't so much a pride but just disgust for fast food :lol:

I added him to our car insurance and it went up by a good amount - $50 a month. We have Allied. He didn't really drive before he got here although he did have his license (by alternative means ;) ) I taught him and a buddy of his helped and he took one class to make sure the laws were completely understood.

MD people, just to let you that Tarrus 'She's Royal' Riley is going to be at Crossroads tomorrow!!

Not sure if I'm going yet, but I really want to go!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MD people, just to let you that Tarrus 'She's Royal' Riley is going to be at Crossroads tomorrow!!

Not sure if I'm going yet, but I really want to go!!

Ohhhhhh, he was GOOOOOOOOD at Rebel Salute!! Love him!!

Whoever can go...GO!! I doubt you will be disappointed! Unless, 'we' , the people screw it up!

Bless, Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.