Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok people don't kill me. But i've never been able to get into MO Bay...Negril was nice, but nothing really going on but the beach...I LOVE Ochi, cyan just walk out and u in the middle of things...that hip strip is boring, where do u all hang out when u go there??? Ya'll talking bout places and i'm like where is that. I like mixing up with people when I go to JA.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No not really i think we do have alot of jobs in my fiend in the MW though i chose tx as i have friends there since i lived there for a year and everyone was so nice so helpful there and friendly verrry friendly. And i can just switch to doin what im doing right now with not learning anything new. Then Florida because its tropical and sunny and i am missing that from jamaica. Then Cali for the same reasons and there are alot of jobs in my field there with my company Right now my goal is to save as much as possible im figuring GA or TX i can def do that. Oh and i love the homes in TX but FL has the architecture i really love. So far Mercedes homes are my favorite. We want to open a restaurant nothing really big but that is our dream right now :) any ideas on startup costs for a small restaurant like a carryout with maybe 6 tables. Anyone been to Nyam and Jam in Mobay?? We want something like that, maybe smaller. Or like Frankies i think its called over by pier one right inside where the car wash is. Its very small.

Awww, Nyam and Jam. :blush: You know I've passed it many times but never went inside. There's this really good Ital place behind the Mobay buspark though. Its this shack of a place where all these wierd little shops are, but the food is soooo hearty and the best soy carrot drink. That place has to be one of my favorites in Jamaica thus far. The food is good and not loaded with grease. It feels you up, but doesnt make you feel heavy afterwards.

Late night the rastas setup shop on some street i swear i could not tell u where it is but like after midnight maybe they start cookin chris always gets the veggie chunks with fried dumplings and i get maccaroni and salt fish. This is right outside not in any shop.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No not really i think we do have alot of jobs in my fiend in the MW though i chose tx as i have friends there since i lived there for a year and everyone was so nice so helpful there and friendly verrry friendly. And i can just switch to doin what im doing right now with not learning anything new. Then Florida because its tropical and sunny and i am missing that from jamaica. Then Cali for the same reasons and there are alot of jobs in my field there with my company Right now my goal is to save as much as possible im figuring GA or TX i can def do that. Oh and i love the homes in TX but FL has the architecture i really love. So far Mercedes homes are my favorite. We want to open a restaurant nothing really big but that is our dream right now :) any ideas on startup costs for a small restaurant like a carryout with maybe 6 tables. Anyone been to Nyam and Jam in Mobay?? We want something like that, maybe smaller. Or like Frankies i think its called over by pier one right inside where the car wash is. Its very small.

Awww, Nyam and Jam. :blush: You know I've passed it many times but never went inside. There's this really good Ital place behind the Mobay buspark though. Its this shack of a place where all these wierd little shops are, but the food is soooo hearty and the best soy carrot drink. That place has to be one of my favorites in Jamaica thus far. The food is good and not loaded with grease. It feels you up, but doesnt make you feel heavy afterwards.

There is also a very good chineese place by all of the jewelry stores im not sure of the shopping plaza but its bright yellow! we always get pinneapple chicken fried rice. Nyam and Jam has the best fried chicken! Ok im hungry now. I dreamed last night that was in Jamaica and overlooking the ocean and sad because i had to leave the next day and kept wondering why i didnt book a return flight on Tues instead of Mon. :)

Oh, thats our Chinese spot too!! I love that place. We always go there, the day before I come home. I get the garlic chicken. I'm gonna check Nyam out next time.

Ahhhh.....the memories. I have a picture on my desk of Andre and myself in that Chinese restaurant. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Ok people don't kill me. But i've never been able to get into MO Bay...Negril was nice, but nothing really going on but the beach...I LOVE Ochi, cyan just walk out and u in the middle of things...that hip strip is boring, where do u all hang out when u go there??? Ya'll talking bout places and i'm like where is that. I like mixing up with people when I go to JA.

Except for a few trips to Margaritaville or Coral Cliffs, we don't hang out on the Hip Strip at all. Usually, we hang out at his yard, friend's yards, downtown, the ballfield and beaches in Whitehouse.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Except for a few trips to Margaritaville or Coral Cliffs, we don't hang out on the Hip Strip at all. Usually, we hang out at his yard, friend's yards, downtown, the ballfield and beaches in Whitehouse.

uh oh Whitehouse... now u have me thinkin of the fish on the side of the road!! fry fish and bammie ok im bookin me a trip to jamaica or remembering to bring my lunch to work so i wont be hungry and reminiscing like this again :)

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
just got back from a check up....everything seems to be fine....heart beat is strong and everything seems to be good!!!

even though i am fighting off a cold.... :angry: i have my brother to thank for that....so i am just going to sit back and count down the weeks....and eat everything i see.... :lol:

That's great news Nanny...you know the routine...drink lots of liquid for the cold! :( Feel better soon! :thumbs:

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I like going to the Dead End Beach in Mo Bay! Across the street, they have a likkle restaurant there and billards table wid music at night! It's nice, everyone a hang-out and enjoy the vibes. I also like Pier 1 or the club above The Pelican on a Friday night and The Ville on Thursday. A nice likkle club in Falmouth on Saturday night. Sunday we usually go to Sunday Breeze in Long Bay. I like MoBay...I am definitely a 'MoBay' Girl!

Negril was nice too! I REALLY LIKED Scrub-A-Dub/Striptease...that place was OFF THE HOOK! Trust me, if you go to Negril in the next few months tek yuh Man...they will appreci-RATE it!! :thumbs: Especially the Go-Go dancers....it's not gully or grimmy...it's just fun...wid good vibes. Ken dared me to stick a dollar bill inna dem g-string...he must have forgotten who he was wid. :no: ..I went right up there and DID IT!! :lol::lol: They also have a pool upstairs on the roof!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

I like going to the Dead End Beach in Mo Bay! Across the street, they have a likkle restaurant there and billards table wid music at night! It's nice, everyone a hang-out and enjoy the vibes. I also like Pier 1 or the club above The Pelican on a Friday night and The Ville on Thursday. A nice likkle club in Falmouth on Saturday night. Sunday we usually go to Sunday Breeze in Long Bay. I like MoBay...I am definitely a 'MoBay' Girl!

Negril was nice too! I REALLY LIKED Scrub-A-Dub/Striptease...that place was OFF THE HOOK! Trust me, if you go to Negril in the next few months tek yuh Man...they will appreci-RATE it!! :thumbs: Especially the Go-Go dancers....it's not gully or grimmy...it's just fun...wid good vibes. Ken dared me to stick a dollar bill inna dem g-string...he must have forgotten who he was wid. :no: ..I went right up there and DID IT!! :lol::lol: They also have a pool upstairs on the roof!

Bless,

Gill

Forgot about Dead End Beach and Sunday Breeze. We usually get to the Dead End Beach the LONG way......all the way along the runways out of Sangster, around the Army barracks, around the end of the airport runways, over the barbed wire and holes in fences.....it's such an ordeal!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

lol lol rub a dub striptease and car wash lol hahahah that is funny that sign i be crackin up lol that is in negril right them girl be climbing up all the way to the roof on the pole there is a very small/short (i dont want to say the wrong word ) man at one of those clubs ok im have to PM you hahah

yes dead end bar i hear they remodeled there is always this older man in there playing drums or somethin they say he is from TX he came to the island a while back and he still there pelican cost too much! but have good blended fruit punch market day in falmouth i enjoyed that shopping

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

lol lol rub a dub striptease and car wash lol hahahah that is funny that sign i be crackin up lol that is in negril right them girl be climbing up all the way to the roof on the pole there is a very small/short (i dont want to say the wrong word ) man at one of those clubs ok im have to PM you hahah

yes dead end bar i hear they remodeled there is always this older man in there playing drums or somethin they say he is from TX he came to the island a while back and he still there pelican cost too much! but have good blended fruit punch market day in falmouth i enjoyed that shopping

How about "vertically challenged"?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well sounds like there is a lot going on in Mo Bay, I've stayed there 4 times, 2x with mr jengles in the holiday inn and i think its called club ambience (they have a sister hotel in runaway bay) wait i think its called the decameron. nice hotel, they had a shuttle to pier 1, but mr jengles were two busy doing other things :devil::devil::devil::blush: . I was going down in the fall when the fares were CHEAP and would do a three days but couldn't be bothered with driving all the way to Ochi.

I'm going to have to check these places out, don't plan on going again until after this baby is born.

mr jengles told me about the "vertically challenged" man. lol

Edited by Jengles

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Don't feel too bad...I am way outta the loop as well :yes: I was only in Mo Bay for the airport :lol: and stayed for a night or 2 when they lost the luggage but other than that nothing. Never been to Negril. Been to Ochi more than anything but even then it wasn't much. The Island Grill, the mall, the movie place, KFC :lol:

Now when you all start talking about Spanish Town, May Pen, Town, Linstead, Mt. Rosser, Ewarton...I will be able to contribute :thumbs::lol: I truly feel like a country girl!

Timeline
well sounds like there is a lot going on in Mo Bay, I've stayed there 4 times, 2x with mr jengles in the holiday inn and i think its called club ambience (they have a sister hotel in runaway bay) wait i think its called the decameron. nice hotel, they had a shuttle to pier 1, but mr jengles were two busy doing other things :devil::devil::devil::blush: . I was going down in the fall when the fares were CHEAP and would do a three days but couldn't be bothered with driving all the way to Ochi.

I'm going to have to check these places out, don't plan on going again until after this baby is born.

mr jengles told me about the "vertically challenged" man. lol

We stayed at Decameron twice and you know I met Andre at Holiday Inn. Decameron had a bomb of a New Year's Eve bash one year. Wonder if we crossed paths, Jengles?

We got on that shuttle to go to Margaritaville one night. There were some Japanese tourists on there. On the way back, after we passed their hotel, Andre was like, hey, those guys never got off the bus. We laughed for months wondering where and if they ever got off the shuttle.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

I loved hanging out at the Dead End. I end up there pretty much every night of my trips, lol. Nice and relaxing and I could just stare out into the water with a drink in my hand forever. deadendbeach.jpg

This was during a storm, the lightning was cool looking but I couldn't seem to capture it in the pic. Oh how I can't wait to go back there!!!!! I wish my finances were looking a lil better right about now, I'd leave tomorrow.

Edited by classychic77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.