Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a few questions I need some help on please....

1. How much $ does my wife need at the interview? (visa fee, etc.?)

2. Does my wife schedule the medical or does the consulate do so?

3. Does my wife need my original passport for the interview?

4. I only have last two years tax returns, will that be a problem? (I did'nt file taxes or able to prove income for 2005)

Thanks for any help

Everyone in the Jamaica thread is always helpful and great!!

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

4. I only have last two years tax returns, will that be a problem? (I did'nt file taxes or able to prove income for 2005)

Thanks for any help

Jason, you asked this in another thread and I answered already.

Thanks for any help

1. The courier fee. Was $40 when we went through. Thought it has gone up.

2. Your wife schedules.

3. No. No one ever needs your original anything except when you are present. Don't ever ship that passport anywhere.

4. If they as for 3 years, you need 3 years or you need to prove you didn't file for that one year.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok I need some help :help:

Gill got me hooked on "Strictly Da Best" Cd's. They are fantastic! Anyways I really like this artist "Alaine". I want to get her CD but I can't find it on the net anywhere really. I found one copy out of the UK for like $28 plus a whole lot in shipping. How come the cd isn't available easier? Even her record label - VP records doesn't sell her CD on their website. What is up with that? Anyways - anyone know where I can get a copy that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Yes $3.99 WWW.AUDIOMAXXX.COM you can download it to ur computer and burn it or either have them mail it to u they have sale going on now i have her CD. I think shipping is free right now but not sure when that ends.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill got me hooked on "Strictly Da Best" Cd's. They are fantastic! Anyways I really like this artist "Alaine". I want to get her CD but I can't find it on the net anywhere really. I found one copy out of the UK for like $28 plus a whole lot in shipping. How come the cd isn't available easier? Even her record label - VP records doesn't sell her CD on their website. What is up with that? Anyways - anyone know where I can get a copy that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Yes $3.99 WWW.AUDIOMAXXX.COM you can download it to ur computer and burn it or either have them mail it to u they have sale going on now i have her CD. I think shipping is free right now but not sure when that ends.

JALOVE - I'm not a big fan of audiomaxx. I've ordered from them once and received a CD that were burnt and not of authentic quality. BUT the price is right.

If anyone wants Alaine's CD straight from VP Records here's the link: Alaine - Sacrifice

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Looking out Chica! :thumbs: You are ALWAYS so helpful!! :luv: ...I'm happy your back :D ...even if yuh probably soon gone agen :whistle: !

I called MoBay Hope today...they DO NOT do the DNA tests. They collect the sample AFTER the Embassy orders it. (We have to show them the form) :( and THEN they send it to the lab used in the U.S.

Although the guy I spoke with gave me a number for a local place that does DNA Tests in MoBay. If we wanted to make sure... :unsure: .

I spoke with Ken about my fears last night (before got the above info) and I LOVE MY HUBBY, FIANCE , MAN ...WHATEVER!! He was like "Gillian, yuh tink dem telling mi KJ is not mine will mess hup mi mentals fuh duh rest of deh interview? No, suh...mi jus put dat inna deh back of mi mind and deal wid hit later. Mi haffi continue answer dem question dem! That's my son whether he's biologically mine or not...em is still our son! Han wi wouldn't stop fight fi bring em!"

Can I tell you when he said that... 'I was like THAT is why I love you!!! You always calm my fears rational or not!' :luv::luv:

I booked my fare to go down this morning! :yes::D:D:D:dance: ...So it's all starting to feel real to me! :o

Can't believe it is almost finally here!

Love ya always,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Good Looking out Chica! :thumbs: You are ALWAYS so helpful!! :luv: ...I'm happy your back :D ...even if yuh probably soon gone agen :whistle: !

I called MoBay Hope today...they DO NOT do the DNA tests. They collect the sample AFTER the Embassy orders it. (We have to show them the form) :( and THEN they send it to the lab used in the U.S.

Although the guy I spoke with gave me a number for a local place that does DNA Tests in MoBay. If we wanted to make sure... :unsure: .

I spoke with Ken about my fears last night (before got the above info) and I LOVE MY HUBBY, FIANCE , MAN ...WHATEVER!! He was like "Gillian, yuh tink dem telling mi KJ is not mine will mess hup mi mentals fuh duh rest of deh interview? No, suh...mi jus put dat inna deh back of mi mind and deal wid hit later. Mi haffi continue answer dem question dem! That's my son whether he's biologically mine or not...em is still our son! Han wi wouldn't stop fight fi bring em!"

Can I tell you when he said that... 'I was like THAT is why I love you!!! You always calm my fears rational or not!' :luv::luv:

I booked my fare to go down this morning! :yes::D:D:D:dance: ...So it's all starting to feel real to me! :o

Love ya always,

Gill

P.S.- One more question...when does Ken pay the Visa fee again? JAlove , I thought you told me it was a few weeks before the interview? Where does he go?

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Other Timeline
fo real lol im abt to check pittsburgh jobs now im on rent.com now checking tx again cheapest decent apt is like 399 the cheapest new single family home i found brand new is 88,000. history maker homes i hear they are a good builder now im struggling! and doin overtime all over again as our bills are slightly higher since i cook more now :) instead of eating out and we wash alot two tvs always going as i have to watch my tivo

Now all the Pittsburgh locals are going to wonder what the hell is happening with all the VJ Yardies moving in :lol:

I am so open to moving out of FL. I just want hubby to be a little more established, finish his degree and for me to get my certification and get the heck out of here. It too expensive, man :angry:

What are the new home prices like in south florida? i just spoke to my girlfriend in tx and she just told me they have the highest property taxes! so i cant win can i. maybe ill just end up in the ATL maybe im gon pray on this but i did ask for a xfer at my job and they said no room at the inn so i have to wait till some folks leave we really want a tropical place trying to make a substitute for jamaica :( florida or cali would be great but cali is higher than NJ

Ever thought about the mid-west? It's boring yes, but affoardable.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I couldn't move to cali, too far from the east cost, where the family is. People are talking about north florida, and the tampa area. anyone no something about the home prices there. I've been thinking about moving to queens, in nyc because i'm sick and tired of apartment living, I want a house with a backyard. I live on the top floor in my house, but with kids, u need somewhere for them to play.

See my post below, There are wonderful home here in KC. I think you get your monies worth when you buy here. You can get a all of what you mentioned at a low cost, but the glitz and glam, none of that here.

Timeline

Love ya always,

Gill

P.S.- One more question...when does Ken pay the Visa fee again? JAlove , I thought you told me it was a few weeks before the interview? Where does he go?

We paid it like 3-4 business days befor the interview i want to say we paid it on wed and our interview was the next tuesday

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
fo real lol im abt to check pittsburgh jobs now im on rent.com now checking tx again cheapest decent apt is like 399 the cheapest new single family home i found brand new is 88,000. history maker homes i hear they are a good builder now im struggling! and doin overtime all over again as our bills are slightly higher since i cook more now :) instead of eating out and we wash alot two tvs always going as i have to watch my tivo

Now all the Pittsburgh locals are going to wonder what the hell is happening with all the VJ Yardies moving in :lol:

I am so open to moving out of FL. I just want hubby to be a little more established, finish his degree and for me to get my certification and get the heck out of here. It too expensive, man :angry:

What are the new home prices like in south florida? i just spoke to my girlfriend in tx and she just told me they have the highest property taxes! so i cant win can i. maybe ill just end up in the ATL maybe im gon pray on this but i did ask for a xfer at my job and they said no room at the inn so i have to wait till some folks leave we really want a tropical place trying to make a substitute for jamaica :( florida or cali would be great but cali is higher than NJ

I think we need to move to KC then cause I need a little boring in my life.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

JALOVE - I'm not a big fan of audiomaxx. I've ordered from them once and received a CD that were burnt and not of authentic quality. BUT the price is right.

If anyone wants Alaine's CD straight from VP Records here's the link: Alaine - Sacrifice

All of the ones i dowload or purchase via mail i have no problem with i throw CD covers away anyway:) i buy alot of mix cds from there and a few of the dancing DVD. Ive ordered from them about 8 times i know there are other sites ive come across ill have to go through my favorites on my computer and find them.

Edited by JALOVE

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: Timeline

Love ya always,

Gill

Gill,

Don't if feel soooooooooooooo GOOD to have a GOOD man in your life. I think I have to go home in March...I'm about to PULL OUT MY eyelashes. Yeah, it's like that. But I have so much to get in order. I think 4 days won't kill mi. :blush:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I think we need to move to KC then cause I need a little boring in my life.

:lol::lol::lol: ROTFDWL...As soon as I saw Brownie's post...I was like uh-oh :unsure:...Where's J.G. ...I knew you wouldn't let that slide without a comment! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know she didn't meant any harm! :luv:

Love ya'll,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

No not really i think we do have alot of jobs in my fiend in the MW though i chose tx as i have friends there since i lived there for a year and everyone was so nice so helpful there and friendly verrry friendly. And i can just switch to doin what im doing right now with not learning anything new. Then Florida because its tropical and sunny and i am missing that from jamaica. Then Cali for the same reasons and there are alot of jobs in my field there with my company Right now my goal is to save as much as possible im figuring GA or TX i can def do that. Oh and i love the homes in TX but FL has the architecture i really love. So far Mercedes homes are my favorite. We want to open a restaurant nothing really big but that is our dream right now :) any ideas on startup costs for a small restaurant like a carryout with maybe 6 tables. Anyone been to Nyam and Jam in Mobay?? We want something like that, maybe smaller. Or like Frankies i think its called over by pier one right inside where the car wash is. Its very small.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Love ya always,

Gill

Glad to hear Gill.....I know I'd really look at mi hubby inna wey if him seh he felt otherwise :blush: you guys are on your way :thumbs:

The mother calls to tell my hubby his "daughter" went from being 3rd in the class to 40/42 :blink: OMG! I have never felt so bad for her in my life, he gave her the cussin of her life and come to mi like I would agree. Mi seh what in the sam hell is wrong with you! Call her back and tell har you love har and know she can do betta :wacko: sumthing to mek the girl kno you not vex wit har. The girl called to ask for 10 bucks to cream her hair. He seh he not sending her nuttin eva again, cause she shamed him :unsure: I sent the money anyways not sure why we send so much money and the girl can't get her hair creamed outta et. Hopefully she just wanted some pocket change.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.