Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks everyone. I haven't seen my honey since Sept so the hormones are jumping....lol Has anyone been to Evita's in Ochi? It's an Italian/Jamaican mix restaurant. I plan on taking Ray there for his birthday...

I have never been to Evita's, but I had my wedding dinner @ Spring Garden Cafe. The food is great! The number is 795-3149. The restaurant is about a 5-minute drive from Evita's.

mrs. scott u are a gem. I wanted to post about the seafood place I had dinner, but didn't want to say, its off the other end of main street to the right. lol when we went there was a private party at the outdoor side. it looked nice, but we ended up eating dinner inside.

Thanks for the information ladies. I may have to try out Spring Garden Cafe.

Jengles...lol That place me be a little hard to find. What was it near? Any other stores or landmarks?

mrscott said that its on the bypass road between fern gully and the turn off for the jamaica inn

sounds good to me.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
fo real lol im abt to check pittsburgh jobs now im on rent.com now checking tx again cheapest decent apt is like 399 the cheapest new single family home i found brand new is 88,000. history maker homes i hear they are a good builder now im struggling! and doin overtime all over again as our bills are slightly higher since i cook more now :) instead of eating out and we wash alot two tvs always going as i have to watch my tivo

Now all the Pittsburgh locals are going to wonder what the hell is happening with all the VJ Yardies moving in :lol:

I am so open to moving out of FL. I just want hubby to be a little more established, finish his degree and for me to get my certification and get the heck out of here. It too expensive, man :angry:

What are the new home prices like in south florida? i just spoke to my girlfriend in tx and she just told me they have the highest property taxes! so i cant win can i. maybe ill just end up in the ATL maybe im gon pray on this but i did ask for a xfer at my job and they said no room at the inn so i have to wait till some folks leave we really want a tropical place trying to make a substitute for jamaica :( florida or cali would be great but cali is higher than NJ

You know JAlove, this is a common myth about folks with California. This state ain't over crowded for nothing, lol. There are tons of ways to live good in California. Depends on where in the state you live. This state is so big and there are so many big cities with great jobs that its easy to find a place and fit in somewhere. If you want some leads just let me know. I must say that to start off in California...you have to start low and then upgrade later. So many people think CA is expensive cause they are trying to live outside of their means...but having property...ANY property in CA is a great investment. So buy low, and sell big.

i was thinking cali is a good idea if i must pay alot at least its beautiful :) my girlfriend is from LA and she keeps telling me its like 1800 to 2000 just for rent im going to PM you.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Happy Wednesday! Do you guys know if there are any prepaid phones in the US where incoming calls are free like Digicel? Hope everyone is havin a wonderful day I just sent off the AOS stuff on 1/28 and the check was cashed today. I wonder how long the work permit will take Chris is dying to work. He has been in school for the last three weeks and loving that. I was feelin bad for him sittin in the house he was getting very depressed. Congrats on everyones approvals and interview dates! and all those expecting.

Hey JALOVE. I think 90 days from the NOA1 date has to pass before he can get his temp EAD...at least that's the way it used to be.

We ended up getting the green card before the EAD......about 3 months after we applied.

You'll know when he gets the biometrics appointment(s).

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I struggle with this all the time! LOL Living in Pittsburgh is no cup of tea...especially in the wintertime but the cost of living is cheap even though our job market is still competitive because we're in Pennsylvania but reap the benefits of Philly being our "neighbor". Because Philly is a little more expensive than Pgh., the job market here pays the same.

My old apartment in Philly was about $1100 and that was back in 2000. I have a 3bdrm house in Pittsburgh, central air, garage and huge backyard and my mortgage is only $573 and i live right in the city in a decent neighborhood. That's always my dilemma with going somewhere else they may have more perks than a small city like Pittsburgh but at what cost? Trust me, I would love to be somewhere that's more culturally diverse but It's hard to leave when I have tons of extra money every month and can wipe out debt at leisure. :wacko:

I'll be staying put until I know more about me and Dave's relationship once he gets here.....no need for both of us to be somewhere that neither one of us can afford! :lol:

Tonisha, you convinced me, Pittsburgh here I come :thumbs: If only I can find a job that is paying me what I am getting now with all the little perks. Let me see if any of the subsidiaries for our parent company is out that way! To have mortgage of $573 would be a dream here.

The house I just sold.....we paid $660 a month for the mortgage......5 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room, attached garage, 1/2 acre back yard, and the best school district in St. Louis County. I never want to leave St. Louis. You all are scaring me with some of those housing costs!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Gooood Mawning Fam,

Happy Thursday! One day left! Woo-Hoo!! :thumbs:

:dance: Congrats to Dimples876 on a date and JALove on check being cashed! :dance:

Everyone have a GREAT day!!!

Be good & do good!

Blessed (L) ,

Gill

********************************************************************************

Stand By Your Man

Although her husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months,

his wife stayed by his bedside every single day.

When he finally came to, he motioned for her to come closer.

As she sat on the bed beside him he said,

"Yuh know yuh deh wid mi through all the bad times. When mi went bankrupt

and lost mi business, yuh stood by mi side. When mi get shot, yuh deh by mi side.

When wi lost the house, yuh was dere. When mi car crash an mi bruk up, yuh was dere.

When mi health started to fail, yuh was dere, and when a start to get worse, yuh was dere

... right by mi side ... every time sumpn' bad happen to me yuh is right dere.

Yuh know something?

Yuh know sey it look like yuh a crosses!!!?"

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
I struggle with this all the time! LOL Living in Pittsburgh is no cup of tea...especially in the wintertime but the cost of living is cheap even though our job market is still competitive because we're in Pennsylvania but reap the benefits of Philly being our "neighbor". Because Philly is a little more expensive than Pgh., the job market here pays the same.

My old apartment in Philly was about $1100 and that was back in 2000. I have a 3bdrm house in Pittsburgh, central air, garage and huge backyard and my mortgage is only $573 and i live right in the city in a decent neighborhood. That's always my dilemma with going somewhere else they may have more perks than a small city like Pittsburgh but at what cost? Trust me, I would love to be somewhere that's more culturally diverse but It's hard to leave when I have tons of extra money every month and can wipe out debt at leisure. :wacko:

I'll be staying put until I know more about me and Dave's relationship once he gets here.....no need for both of us to be somewhere that neither one of us can afford! :lol:

Tonisha, you convinced me, Pittsburgh here I come :thumbs: If only I can find a job that is paying me what I am getting now with all the little perks. Let me see if any of the subsidiaries for our parent company is out that way! To have mortgage of $573 would be a dream here.

The house I just sold.....we paid $660 a month for the mortgage......5 bedrooms, 2 full baths, family room, attached garage, 1/2 acre back yard, and the best school district in St. Louis County. I never want to leave St. Louis. You all are scaring me with some of those housing costs!

JG-

That was the mortgage on my old townhouse I can't believe it. I paided $86,000 for it and sold it for $330,000 all I can say is (WOW)...I made a killing when the housing market was good. I went from paying $660 a month to paying $2500...I must have been out of my mind. Wanted my son to be in a certain school district, so it was worth the money. And so far the house is still holding it's value. I knew the crazy prices would not last for long.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Hello to all Yardies!

What is the best way to get to Kingston from Runaway Bay/Ocho Rios? What are the options and how much do they cost?

THANKS!

*****K-1 Timeline*****

12.14.07 I-129F sent to VSC via FedEx

12.17.07 Delivered to VSC at 11:40 AM signed by A. STANLEY

12.18.07 NOA1 date

12.20.07 Check Cashed!!

12.21.07 Touched

12.26.07 NOA1 hard copy received

02.17.08 NOA2 via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02.19.08 Touched

02.20.08 Touched

02.21.08 Touched yet again

03.10.08 Case received in Kingston

03.11.08 DS-130 Part 1 turned in

03.17.08 Appointment to pick up Packet 4

03.18.08 Medical Exam

04.01.08 Interview!!!!!-APPROVED APPROVED!

04.22.08 Visa picked up from Airpack Ocho Rios

05.02.08 Go to Jamaica to pick up my love

05.05.08 Arrival to the US (via JFK)

06.07.08 Miami Wedding!

*****AOS TIMELINE*****

06.18.08 Sent packet to Chicago via FedEx

06.20.08 Delivered to Chicago at 12:28PM signed by J. CHYBA

06.24.08 NOA1 Date for EAD, AP and AOS

06.26.08 NOA1 for AOS received in mail

06.27.08 Touched

07.05.08 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07.24.08 Biometrics Appointment

07.28.08 Request for Initial Evidence

08.01.08 National Benefits Center received Evidence and Case resumed Processing

08.19.08 AOS case transferred to CSC

08.22.08 AP arrived in mail-APPROVED

08.25.08 EAD card arrives in mail (no updates or anything about AP or EAD)

Timeline

The housing market scares me right now. I have no faith in any of them holding their value or appreciating at the moment, let alone as investments.

Hello to all Yardies!

What is the best way to get to Kingston from Runaway Bay/Ocho Rios? What are the options and how much do they cost?

THANKS!

Andre had a friend with a DL rent a car for Kingston from Montego Bay.

There are buses and always taxis.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello to all Yardies!

THANKS!

My brother-in-law runs a taxi in Ochi and does day trips. PM me if you are interested

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Good Morning!

OMG housing prices where you all live are amazing. I am paying $650 a month for an apartment and that is cheap where I live. The median house price is $244,000 for a 2/1. Housing prices here are out of control. I have thought many times of moving out of the PNW but all the family is here and I am a total west coast girl. I don't know if I would do good in the south or east. Just a totally different lifestyle and way of living.

Timeline
Hello to all Yardies!

THANKS!

When we would travel from Linstead to Kingston we would always take a combo of taxi/buses. It really isn't as bad as it seems. You could also rent a taxi and driver for the day or just rent the car if one of you has a license and is comfortable driving.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone has an awesome Thursday... :)

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Ok I need some help :help:

Gill got me hooked on "Strictly Da Best" Cd's. They are fantastic! Anyways I really like this artist "Alaine". I want to get her CD but I can't find it on the net anywhere really. I found one copy out of the UK for like $28 plus a whole lot in shipping. How come the cd isn't available easier? Even her record label - VP records doesn't sell her CD on their website. What is up with that? Anyways - anyone know where I can get a copy that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Timeline
Ok I need some help :help:

Gill got me hooked on "Strictly Da Best" Cd's. They are fantastic! Anyways I really like this artist "Alaine". I want to get her CD but I can't find it on the net anywhere really. I found one copy out of the UK for like $28 plus a whole lot in shipping. How come the cd isn't available easier? Even her record label - VP records doesn't sell her CD on their website. What is up with that? Anyways - anyone know where I can get a copy that won't cost an arm and a leg?

That's what I found too. It's an import....always more. I found her on CD Universe.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.