Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
fo real lol im abt to check pittsburgh jobs now im on rent.com now checking tx again cheapest decent apt is like 399 the cheapest new single family home i found brand new is 88,000. history maker homes i hear they are a good builder now im struggling! and doin overtime all over again as our bills are slightly higher since i cook more now :) instead of eating out and we wash alot two tvs always going as i have to watch my tivo

Now all the Pittsburgh locals are going to wonder what the hell is happening with all the VJ Yardies moving in :lol:

I am so open to moving out of FL. I just want hubby to be a little more established, finish his degree and for me to get my certification and get the heck out of here. It too expensive, man :angry:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
fo real lol im abt to check pittsburgh jobs now im on rent.com now checking tx again cheapest decent apt is like 399 the cheapest new single family home i found brand new is 88,000. history maker homes i hear they are a good builder now im struggling! and doin overtime all over again as our bills are slightly higher since i cook more now :) instead of eating out and we wash alot two tvs always going as i have to watch my tivo

Now all the Pittsburgh locals are going to wonder what the hell is happening with all the VJ Yardies moving in :lol:

I am so open to moving out of FL. I just want hubby to be a little more established, finish his degree and for me to get my certification and get the heck out of here. It too expensive, man :angry:

What are the new home prices like in south florida? i just spoke to my girlfriend in tx and she just told me they have the highest property taxes! so i cant win can i. maybe ill just end up in the ATL maybe im gon pray on this but i did ask for a xfer at my job and they said no room at the inn so i have to wait till some folks leave we really want a tropical place trying to make a substitute for jamaica :( florida or cali would be great but cali is higher than NJ

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Timeline
Thanks everyone. I haven't seen my honey since Sept so the hormones are jumping....lol Has anyone been to Evita's in Ochi? It's an Italian/Jamaican mix restaurant. I plan on taking Ray there for his birthday...

I have never been to Evita's, but I had my wedding dinner @ Spring Garden Cafe. The food is great! The number is 795-3149. The restaurant is about a 5-minute drive from Evita's.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I couldn't move to cali, too far from the east cost, where the family is. People are talking about north florida, and the tampa area. anyone no something about the home prices there. I've been thinking about moving to queens, in nyc because i'm sick and tired of apartment living, I want a house with a backyard. I live on the top floor in my house, but with kids, u need somewhere for them to play.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

What are the new home prices like in south florida? i just spoke to my girlfriend in tx and she just told me they have the highest property taxes! so i cant win can i. maybe ill just end up in the ATL maybe im gon pray on this but i did ask for a xfer at my job and they said no room at the inn so i have to wait till some folks leave we really want a tropical place trying to make a substitute for jamaica :( florida or cali would be great but cali is higher than NJ

They run a full range; the median home price up to December 2007 was north of $200k. There are condos for sale that start at $180k for 1/1. Of course, we are starting to see an increase inventory of foreclosures. Shoot, I keep thinking that's the way Aaron and I are going to buy a house.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Thanks everyone. I haven't seen my honey since Sept so the hormones are jumping....lol Has anyone been to Evita's in Ochi? It's an Italian/Jamaican mix restaurant. I plan on taking Ray there for his birthday...

I have never been to Evita's, but I had my wedding dinner @ Spring Garden Cafe. The food is great! The number is 795-3149. The restaurant is about a 5-minute drive from Evita's.

mrs. scott u are a gem. I wanted to post about the seafood place I had dinner, but didn't want to say, its off the other end of main street to the right. lol when we went there was a private party at the outdoor side. it looked nice, but we ended up eating dinner inside.

Timeline
I couldn't move to cali, too far from the east cost, where the family is. People are talking about north florida, and the tampa area. anyone no something about the home prices there. I've been thinking about moving to queens, in nyc because i'm sick and tired of apartment living, I want a house with a backyard. I live on the top floor in my house, but with kids, u need somewhere for them to play.

Orlando wasn't too bad either. Our pastor from Jamaica now lives in Orlando and we went to visit him for Christmas. That man was giving us a tour of all the available homes in his neighbourhood. It was hilarious. But the homes were gorgeous. I haven't really looked at the prices there, but I have heard good things about surrounding areas.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

They run a full range; the median home price up to December 2007 was north of $200k. There are condos for sale that start at $180k for 1/1. Of course, we are starting to see an increase inventory of foreclosures. Shoot, I keep thinking that's the way Aaron and I are going to buy a house.

I concur....would most def buy a foreclosure...that is where u get the most for your money. call the local bank and ask them for their foreclosure list, that way, u can see what is there before it hits the market. there is a better word than foreclosure list. but for the life of me i can't remember the official name of the department.

Timeline

I concur....would most def buy a foreclosure...that is where u get the most for your money. call the local bank and ask them for their foreclosure list, that way, u can see what is there before it hits the market. there is a better word than foreclosure list. but for the life of me i can't remember the official name of the department.

Thanks Jengles...I will keep that in mind. Buying a foreclosure home for a bargain would work with the high taxes and insurance. I am just waiting to see what comes out of the property tax reforms that was voted on in Florida last week. I just want to see what is the solution for insurance, especially in hurricane-ravaged So. Fla. That's what I think has made it so difficult for much of us down here.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mrs. scott u are a gem. I wanted to post about the seafood place I had dinner, but didn't want to say, its off the other end of main street to the right. lol when we went there was a private party at the outdoor side. it looked nice, but we ended up eating dinner inside.

Thanks for the information ladies. I may have to try out Spring Garden Cafe.

Jengles...lol That place me be a little hard to find. What was it near? Any other stores or landmarks?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Jengles...lol That place me be a little hard to find. What was it near? Any other stores or landmarks?

mrscott said that its on the bypass road between fern gully and the turn off for the jamaica inn

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

let's see, if your going down main street away from dunn's river all i know is you veer to the right, its well past the clock and i do belive its on the road going towards Couples...but when u get down there ask anyone. i'm sure your S.O. knows where it is, if he's from Ochi.

Timeline

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Thanks JaLove; this is mad helpful.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You know JAlove, this is a common myth about folks with California. This state ain't over crowded for nothing, lol. There are tons of ways to live good in California. Depends on where in the state you live. This state is so big and there are so many big cities with great jobs that its easy to find a place and fit in somewhere. If you want some leads just let me know. I must say that to start off in California...you have to start low and then upgrade later. So many people think CA is expensive cause they are trying to live outside of their means...but having property...ANY property in CA is a great investment. So buy low, and sell big.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.