Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
So, you going to this dance. Maybe I missed this one. Where is he preforming. BK has been to DC plenty of time. Last time I saw him was at crossroads...they had to lock it down though...too much people. And the last time he was at the boy and girls club in Langley Park, the people mash up the dance, because he only performed for 10mins...so bottle start to FLING and that was the end of it. Bway our people can gwaane bad sometimes. I was upset too over the 10 mins, but we just left and the show was suppose to start at 11pm sharp, it performed from 2am to 2:20am...it was crazy.

Yeah, we'll see what happens. I've never known a Jamaican artist who didn't perform before 2am when it was suppose to start at 11:00...it's crazy. He's performing at Club Envy. I only go to the Crossroads, Zanzibar and Club Envy because I feel comfortable. This gift is for Damien...he thinks Bounty is the best DJ. I've never heard of him performing in the area in the last 3 years..well since Damien's been here....we'll just have to see.

Oh yeah, the club owner isn't going to advertise it too much like the Crossroads so hopefully the crowd will be OK.

Girl mek mi tell you,

In '98 go I met Bounty at the airport in Montego Bay, he was waiting for a flight to Kingston and I had no idea who he was. He did not introduce himself at Bounty Killa, he said some other name, which I can't remember. But it was the best conversation I've ever had with a stranger. To tell you the truth I wanted to offer him a JAR of VASELINE...he was so DAMN ASHY...his LIPS, NOSE, and don't start me on the HANDS...(did I mention the LIPS...oh yeah). It was damn near 100 degrees in the airport and he was in a full leather suit. He said he was coming from Atlanta and it was cold there (this was end of August). He's a very humbling person. Could not figure out why people kept looking at us (while I sat there and stuff my face with 2 beef paties) until later on when he got up to leave and young guy that was traveling to Baltimore sat next to me on my flight asked me what I was talking to the Killa about...I was like WHO?...he said you were talking to Bounty Killa (best all round deejay in Jamaica).

Girl that was 10 years ago...I've met up with him a few times after that while he was peforming either in Maryland, Phili or New York. Back in my days, I knew a lot of entertainers. My friends at one point or another was dating them. Me on the other hand STAY the hell away from them. BAG of crossess, as my grandmother would say and it's true. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've not seen him in person or on stage in four years.

I have to find the pictures of when ELEPHANT man dragged me on stage at crossroads (he loves VALOUPTOUS women) and I ran away. It was a mess. And the crowd was booing beause I would not dance with him. Then he sent his GOONES after me the rest of the night. He SPITS on people when he talks....yuck, yuck, yuck. Him, I have no respect for. ELEPHANT MAN was straight forward about what he was looking for in a women and because I'm a lady ( :innocent: ) mi tell im fi go wash im cratches. WELL NOT SO NICELY.

I'm different I guess, ENTERTAINERS don't phase me...they sleep, eat and (*$% just like I do. So, when I see one I see all.

Suppose to be in New York next weekend, not sure if I'll make the show. Would love to. Dang wonder what would have happened if I had taken his number that day. SIKEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Going to these shows definitely is not for everybody...is what we like to do. I've seen lots of Jamaican artists perform here and in Jamaica. I met Bounty in Pier1 last November...no biggie. They don't phase me either. We saw Mavado here last December here...now that was a good concert. That was Damien's Christmas gift. He likes the vibe, music and he always sees people from Mo Bay whenever we go out. I also love dancehall music...we really enjoy ourselves. I do whatever I can in my reach to make him :D

I/ we would love to go, they never come our way. :blush: You'll be have way more fun wit bounty than we'll be having with the three Tony's

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I/ we would love to go, they never come our way. :blush: You'll be have way more fun wit bounty than we'll be having with the three Tony's

I love TTT...like Gill said...it is appropriate for your anniversary.

Damien LOVES Boys II Men...I can't stand them. But I took him recently and it was a good show...it was at a dinner theatre...very romantic.

You'll have fun :thumbs:

Timeline

Hi Happy Wednesday! Do you guys know if there are any prepaid phones in the US where incoming calls are free like Digicel? Hope everyone is havin a wonderful day I just sent off the AOS stuff on 1/28 and the check was cashed today. I wonder how long the work permit will take Chris is dying to work. He has been in school for the last three weeks and loving that. I was feelin bad for him sittin in the house he was getting very depressed. Congrats on everyones approvals and interview dates! and all those expecting.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
Hi Happy Wednesday! Do you guys know if there are any prepaid phones in the US where incoming calls are free like Digicel? Hope everyone is havin a wonderful day I just sent off the AOS stuff on 1/28 and the check was cashed today. I wonder how long the work permit will take Chris is dying to work. He has been in school for the last three weeks and loving that. I was feelin bad for him sittin in the house he was getting very depressed. Congrats on everyones approvals and interview dates! and all those expecting.

Hey JALOVE. I think 90 days from the NOA1 date has to pass before he can get his temp EAD...at least that's the way it used to be.

Timeline

Hey JALOVE. I think 90 days from the NOA1 date has to pass before he can get his temp EAD...at least that's the way it used to be.

I hope its sooner :) before he goes bananas. Hopefully we will be moving to a cheaper state NJ is way too high and i want to buy a house soon. Tired of renting. For what i pay in rent its well over a house note for a small one br apt.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

I hope its sooner :) before he goes bananas. Hopefully we will be moving to a cheaper state NJ is way too high and i want to buy a house soon. Tired of renting. For what i pay in rent its well over a house note for a small one br apt.

Same here. Where are you thinking about moving to?

We were thinking about Atlanta but I want to wait until Damien gets his 10 green card.

Timeline

We were thinking about Atlanta but I want to wait until Damien gets his 10 green card.

My mind is all ova the place right now. Its looking like back to texas( dallas-fort worth ) area all i recall is rent bein 589.00 + 65 for garage and i miss that compared to my now 1565 starting in march :( so ill be doing month to month till i get out. I dont want to suck into another years lease. GA would be nice and so would FL but i cant find any jobs in FL with my company other than sales and thats not my thing. MD of course also but that is almost as high as here my goal is to save and cut lots of cost.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all...I am popping my head in fi si what ah gwaan. Mi deh pon some studies...

Gill - Mi neva tink wi instincts dem ever really wrong. I know how passionate most JA men are about their children, so mi knoa if him find out is not his he is going to be inconsolable. Mi ah pray fi unnu mi dear.

There are so many cases of "jackets" (that's what JA people the children of unsuspecting men who think they are the fathers) because the women give the child to the man who have the dollars! It's sad and I wish it wasn't so.

JALove - keep away from South FL for awhile. The housing market is starting to correct down here, but until they fix property taxes and homeowners insurance, it is best to just stay away. The cost of living down here has skyrocketed so much, it is incredible. I keep seeing news reports that Florida is in a recession, even though no one wants to be the one to say America is sliding into a recession as well. Mek mi come offa di serious topic.

Lawny - mi haffi agree, Bounty is a really down to earth yute. I met him a few years back in my clubbing days. My roommate was a bit of a groupie, so I got to meet him, Elephant Man (who I agree is quite crude), Spragga, Richie Stephens, among others. I remember Richie Stephens in our apartment trying to convince her fi deh wid him. Any session weh ah gwaan inna Miami or Fort Lauderdale, we woulda deh deh. Mi tink mi party enough now, so mi can go res' mi ole foot :lol: :lol:

Anyways, I hope you all have a great week. Gill, tek a few deep breaths and stop panic ova di form dem! You are going to be fine...Mi caan wait fi hear seh unnu approved!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My mind is all ova the place right now. Its looking like back to texas( dallas-fort worth ) area all i recall is rent bein 589.00 + 65 for garage and i miss that compared to my now 1565 starting in march :( so ill be doing month to month till i get out. I dont want to suck into another years lease. GA would be nice and so would FL but i cant find any jobs in FL with my company other than sales and thats not my thing. MD of course also but that is almost as high as here my goal is to save and cut lots of cost.

I struggle with this all the time! LOL Living in Pittsburgh is no cup of tea...especially in the wintertime but the cost of living is cheap even though our job market is still competitive because we're in Pennsylvania but reap the benefits of Philly being our "neighbor". Because Philly is a little more expensive than Pgh., the job market here pays the same.

My old apartment in Philly was about $1100 and that was back in 2000. I have a 3bdrm house in Pittsburgh, central air, garage and huge backyard and my mortgage is only $573 and i live right in the city in a decent neighborhood. That's always my dilemma with going somewhere else they may have more perks than a small city like Pittsburgh but at what cost? Trust me, I would love to be somewhere that's more culturally diverse but It's hard to leave when I have tons of extra money every month and can wipe out debt at leisure. :wacko:

I'll be staying put until I know more about me and Dave's relationship once he gets here.....no need for both of us to be somewhere that neither one of us can afford! :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: Timeline

I struggle with this all the time! LOL Living in Pittsburgh is no cup of tea...especially in the wintertime but the cost of living is cheap even though our job market is still competitive because we're in Pennsylvania but reap the benefits of Philly being our "neighbor". Because Philly is a little more expensive than Pgh., the job market here pays the same.

My old apartment in Philly was about $1100 and that was back in 2000. I have a 3bdrm house in Pittsburgh, central air, garage and huge backyard and my mortgage is only $573 and i live right in the city in a decent neighborhood. That's always my dilemma with going somewhere else they may have more perks than a small city like Pittsburgh but at what cost? Trust me, I would love to be somewhere that's more culturally diverse but It's hard to leave when I have tons of extra money every month and can wipe out debt at leisure. :wacko:

I'll be staying put until I know more about me and Dave's relationship once he gets here.....no need for both of us to be somewhere that neither one of us can afford! :lol:

Yea u better stay put for that price u are paying i have 2bedroom 2 bath and not enough closet space and i pay $1100 a month here in Palatine ILL

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

Tonisha, you convinced me, Pittsburgh here I come :thumbs: If only I can find a job that is paying me what I am getting now with all the little perks. Let me see if any of the subsidiaries for our parent company is out that way! To have mortgage of $573 would be a dream here.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Tonisha, you convinced me, Pittsburgh here I come :thumbs: If only I can find a job that is paying me what I am getting now with all the little perks. Let me see if any of the subsidiaries for our parent company is out that way! To have mortgage of $573 would be a dream here.

For real...I wanted to go south to get away from the cold but I'll be cold for $573.

Timeline

For real...I wanted to go south to get away from the cold but I'll be cold for $573.

For real :thumbs: I'll be an icicle for what 4 months out of the year for $573/mth for mortgage. And I can bet average utility bills aren't too bad and for sure homeowners insurance is a fraction of what it is here. My mom's insurance bill in total was over $4000 for the year and figure that with property taxes being about the same.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good grief, makes me want to move to pittsburgh....i wouldn't mind moving someplace else but it has to be somewhere where there is a decent west indian population. I know mr jengles would love miami and i have family there, but i'm not sure. i have family in west palm beach, but u can't even find a beef patty around there.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

For real :thumbs: I'll be an icicle for what 4 months out of the year for $573/mth for mortgage. And I can bet average utility bills aren't too bad and for sure homeowners insurance is a fraction of what it is here. My mom's insurance bill in total was over $4000 for the year and figure that with property taxes being about the same.

fo real lol im abt to check pittsburgh jobs now im on rent.com now checking tx again cheapest decent apt is like 399 the cheapest new single family home i found brand new is 88,000. history maker homes i hear they are a good builder now im struggling! and doin overtime all over again as our bills are slightly higher since i cook more now :) instead of eating out and we wash alot two tvs always going as i have to watch my tivo

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.