Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning all,

Tonya, I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with the application. I honestly haven't reached that point yet, so I have nothing to offer other than 'This to shall pass Chica :luv: ". Hush, others with more experience should be online soon. Or post a new topic and other VJ'ers should respond.

Hang tight ya'll...one more day!!

- This is an oldie, but I thought it warranted repeating :lol: ...(Wi doan call dem 'Yard'men fi nuttin') ;);):lol:

Blessed (L) to all,

Enjoy,

Gill

The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice Day'".

Gill, dat is too funny...mi waan see 'im :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning all,

Tonya, I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with the application. I honestly haven't reached that point yet, so I have nothing to offer other than 'This to shall pass Chica :luv: ". Hush, others with more experience should be online soon. Or post a new topic and other VJ'ers should respond.

- This is an oldie, but I thought it warranted repeating :lol: ...(Wi doan call dem 'Yard'men fi nuttin') ;);):lol:

Blessed (L) to all,

Enjoy,

Gill

The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice Day'".

Hush Gurl...yuh doan knoa yuh see hit heverynight!!!(just widhout deh writing) ;):lol::lol:

Bless-Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone know if you can keep bammy in the freezer so it won't spoil? I am ordering online and the hubby really wants some bammy but I don't want to buy too much it will go to waste. So you think I can freeze it?

Timeline

ok another quick question...

On Sams247.com (an online JA grocery) they have subscriptions you can get to JA papers. I am thinking about getting the mister one for his Christmas gift. Do you all get the local JA papers through the mail? Anyone? It almost seems to good to be true.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyone heard of the issues going on right now at Sangster? I've read about strikes, locked gates......something about wanting a 10% raise.

Andre's mom, who lives right by the airport, says planes landing and taking off are pretty much at a standstill today.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone heard of the issues going on right now at Sangster? I've read about strikes, locked gates......something about wanting a 10% raise.

Andre's mom, who lives right by the airport, says planes landing and taking off are pretty much at a standstill today.

where are u reading this?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Industrial action at Sangster International

published: Thursday | November 29, 2007

Janet Silvera, Senior Gleaner Writer

WESTERN BUREAU:

A strike yesterday by unionised staff at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay resulted in a degrading of the security status at the facility.

The airport was reduced from a category nine facility to a category eight, and at least one Virgin Atlantic flight from London had to be diverted to Kingston.

"Some planes were landing at their own risk," union delegate employed to MBJ Airports Limited's, Nicolas Fagbola, told The Gleaner.

The 180 placard-bearing staff represented by the Trade Union Congress (TUC) and Union of Technical, Administrative and Supervisory Personnel (UTASP) staged a peaceful demonstration outside the airport after talks broke down with management yesterday morning.

Traffic issues

A number of passengers were forced to pull their bags from the roundabout as traffic came to a halt leading into the facilities, and it is estimated that the busy car park, which makes an average of $250,000 daily, did no business because the gates were padlocked.

"After several months of negotiations management is unwilling to meet our demand in years one and two, which is for a 10 per cent increase in salaries and allowances," UTASP's general secretary St. Patrice Ennis disclosed.

"These are difficult negotiations between the company and staff and we are still ready to negotiate," read a statement from Fernando Bosque, CEO of MBJ Airports Limited.

Timeline

Yah, I read the story. But, did you get that they shut the entire airport down out of that? I didn't.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I wonder if the whole traffic issue is what caused it to basically shut down...I am not too familiar with Sangster so I am not so sure of the layout...

A number of passengers were forced to pull their bags from the roundabout as traffic came to a halt leading into the facilities, and it is estimated that the busy car park, which makes an average of $250,000 daily, did no business because the gates were padlocked.

Timeline
I wonder if the whole traffic issue is what caused it to basically shut down...I am not too familiar with Sangster so I am not so sure of the layout...

There is one way into the airport....through the front doors. To get out, after deplaning, you can go through the side door which has some gated parking lots and the front of the airport, or through the side-sortof back door to what is a gated parking lot for the drivers of sanctioned buses and resort buses. I guess those are all what they are locking.

And, then, it would appear those loading/unloading the luggage are a part of it.

Wonder if the counter people, security, immigration, and customs are all part of it?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning all,

Blessed (L) to all,

Enjoy,

Gill

:lol: Mi waan see to :yes: Bwoy if 'im ave all dat tatoo, 'im must ave lonngggg memba :whistle:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Does anyone know if you can keep bammy in the freezer so it won't spoil? I am ordering online and the hubby really wants some bammy but I don't want to buy too much it will go to waste. So you think I can freeze it?

Yes Yardie, You can freeze Bammy. I have Bammy in the freezer that I brought back from JA. in July(saving it for Christmas :yes: ). Just make sure your wrap it up well. In plastic wrap or cling wrap or both(to avoid Freezer Burn)...then when you take it out soak it in milk overnight and PRESTO...yuh good tuh GO!!!!

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Yes Yardie, You can freeze Bammy. I have Bammy in the freezer that I brought back from JA. in July(saving it for Christmas :yes: ). Just make sure your wrap it up well. In plastic wrap or cling wrap or both(to avoid Freezer Burn)...then when you take it out soak it in milk overnight and PRESTO...yuh good tuh GO!!!!

Bless,

Gill

:dance: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :dance:

You should see my shopping list...I am stocking up for Christmas! They are having a sale through today so I had to make sure and get my order in :yes:

Timeline

On Sams247.com (an online JA grocery) they have subscriptions you can get to JA papers. I am thinking about getting the mister one for his Christmas gift. Do you all get the local JA papers through the mail? Anyone? It almost seems to good to be true.

Yardie, I actual buy my weekly paper for Sams Caribbean Marketplace...it's the same Sams247.com. However, the original market is about 5 minutes from my job. So I usually stop by there on Fridays after work and pick up my weekly Star & Gleaner, plus some Golden Krust or Royal Caribbean patties for my boys.

I have heard of people getting it through the mail and I will vouch for Sams they are VERY reputable...that' sounds like a sweet Christmas gift :luv: !

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Yardie, I actual buy my weekly paper for Sams Caribbean Marketplace...it's the same Sams247.com. However, the original market is about 5 minutes from my job. So I usually stop by there on Fridays after work and pick up my weekly Star & Gleaner, plus some Golden Krust or Royal Caribbean patties for my boys.

I have heard of people getting it through the mail and I will vouch for Sams they are VERY reputable...that' sounds like a sweet Christmas gift :luv: !

Bless,

Gill

WHAT?!?! Now I am SUPER jealous! You are so lucky to be right by Sams. I have ordered from them before and have never had a problem, well except those darn shipping prices :angry: What can I say though...I couldn't live any farther away from them. I have always wanted to get patties but you have to overnight ship them and it is something like $75 just to ship :no: Glad to hear you think they are reputable as well. Well it looks like the subscription is in order for Christmas :dance: He wants the Star :innocent:

Edited by Yardiewife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.