Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********WEDNESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning Fam,

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!! Two down...two to go!

Bwoy...what a night!!! This competition is heating up!!

MO was HUGE :D ...but then so was CA... :(

So the battle continues!

Have a blessed day! Let's do a two-fer!

Gill

Woman From Country

A Jamaican woman, from Country, leaves Jamaica for the first time to visit her son in the USA.

She arrives at Miami airport immigration and, as expected, she has no idea what the immigration card is for. The officer, in disgust, begins to fill it in for her. "What is your name ?", says the officer "Meh name BABY", she replies with a smile "BABY ??".

He looks at her. She smiles at him again confidently. "No, What is your whole name?", he asks again. "Meh name BABY, sah", she says with a slight annoyance.

"No, NO, what is your WHOLE name", he says again

"Meh whole name ???". She repeats his question as a question. "Yes, your whole name". He thinks 'at last I got through'. She looks down, feels awkward and remains silent for a while, and says: "Suh, meh hole name PUNNY !"

********************************************************************************

WOMEN'S A$$ SIZE STUDY

There is a new study out about women and how they feel about their A$$. I thought the results were pretty interesting.

85% of women think their A$$ is too big...

10% of women think their A$$ is too little...

The other 5% say that they don't care - they love him and would have married him anyway.

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, CA has me worried in the whole scheme of things.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I need some ideas on a Valentine present for my Jamaican wife. This will be our first Valentine's Day together.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Timeline
I need some ideas on a Valentine present for my Jamaican wife. This will be our first Valentine's Day together.

Do you have a budet of some sort?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks everyone. I haven't seen my honey since Sept so the hormones are jumping....lol Has anyone been to Evita's in Ochi? It's an Italian/Jamaican mix restaurant. I plan on taking Ray there for his birthday...

I haven't been there, it s u that steep hill. A lot of celeb's eat there when in Ochi, so hopefully its good

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

I wonder what Italian/Jamaican means exactly.......Andre hates anything with lots of sauce on it like Italians tend to eat.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Do you have a budet of some sort?

Yes, a limited one maybe a couple of hundred dollars. I just sent in the AOS with payment.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Timeline

A couple of hundred.............(whistles through teeth).......OK then. Are you thinking gift or dinner or what?

Gift for a couple of hundred.....I LOVE Tiffany. Nothing beats the little blue box. You can find some nice ones around the $200 mark.

A nice date out would also be special too......dinner, a show of some sort or other interesting event, maybe a nightcap after. Flowers would be a nice touch. One Valentines Day some friends and I went to the a modern dance event here. We had dinner, a champagne & chocolate pre-show event plus a meet and greet with the dancers was included in the ticket price, and after we had drinks at a local restaurant/bar. It was a really nice romantic night.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline
How many March interviews are there?

I know Gill has hers on March 11 @ 0830 and also Nbesaw on 3/11 also. I know someone else has a March 11 interview @ 0800, but I can't remember. Remind me y'all and update the list.

Gill -----3/11/08 @ 0830

-----3/11/08 @ 0800

Nbesaw3/11/08 @ ???

When are you guys doing your medicals? How soon before the interview date do you have to get it done? I know, I know I still have some time but trying to get a handle on the interview scheduling for the upcoming months!!!!

Ken is going to MoBay Hope tomorrow to schedule his medical. I believe it can be NO MORE than 2 weeks out! Just found out his son KJ, needs a Baby Passport! :wacko: I told him to do the DNA test too...found out that Embassy refused Child's Birth certificate printed 2 months after child's birth! Considering that KJ's Mother just decided to get his last year :blink::blink: (KJ's TWO!!)...I just figured might as well not even wait for embassy to tell us to do it!

Gill

Wow, that dosen't sound good for us. :unsure: Do you know if he'll have to go to some place special to have the DNA test done. Is there a certain DNA testing place the Embassy requires, or will they take any DNA test?

Mawning Chica,

Another VJ member told me that MoBay Hope can do the DNA test same time for $87.00. They will have the results by the Interview.

Gill

Why did I read that it had to be an embassy approved testing center? I need to find out. :blush:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

I know Gill has hers on March 11 @ 0830 and also Nbesaw on 3/11 also. I know someone else has a March 11 interview @ 0800, but I can't remember. Remind me y'all and update the list.

Gill -----3/11/08 @ 0830

-----3/11/08 @ 0800

Nbesaw3/11/08 @ ???

When are you guys doing your medicals? How soon before the interview date do you have to get it done? I know, I know I still have some time but trying to get a handle on the interview scheduling for the upcoming months!!!!

Ken is going to MoBay Hope tomorrow to schedule his medical. I believe it can be NO MORE than 2 weeks out! Just found out his son KJ, needs a Baby Passport! :wacko: I told him to do the DNA test too...found out that Embassy refused Child's Birth certificate printed 2 months after child's birth! Considering that KJ's Mother just decided to get his last year :blink::blink: (KJ's TWO!!)...I just figured might as well not even wait for embassy to tell us to do it!

Gill

Wow, that dosen't sound good for us. :unsure: Do you know if he'll have to go to some place special to have the DNA test done. Is there a certain DNA testing place the Embassy requires, or will they take any DNA test?

Mawning Chica,

Another VJ member told me that MoBay Hope can do the DNA test same time for $87.00. They will have the results by the Interview.

Gill

Why did I read that it had to be an embassy approved testing center? I need to find out. :blush:

Well, I know that MoBay Hope is Embassy approved for the medical exam. Again, Browns this is really second hand info from another VJ member that had filed a K1 & K2 , like myself.

I was going to call tomorrow (They are closed today - holiday- Ash Wednesday) to find out for sure!

Here is the Web Site link:

http://www.mobayhope.org

(L),

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Other Timeline

Gill -----3/11/08 @ 0830

-----3/11/08 @ 0800

Nbesaw3/11/08 @ ???

Gill

Mawning Chica,

Gill

Well, I know that MoBay Hope is Embassy approved for the medical exam. Again, Browns this is really second hand info from another VJ member that had filed a K1 & K2 , like myself.

I was going to call tomorrow (They are closed today - holiday- Ash Wednesday) to find out for sure!

(L),

Gill

Thanks..It would be nice If I could submit any old test B) :whistle:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning :dance:

Safe travels Sunny and Marlita!

Wow what a super Tuesday! I watched so much of the coverage last night I could become a CNN correspondent :lol: I was very surprised at some of the results on both the Dem and GOP side. Very wild ride.

Many prayers going out to people in Arkansas, Tennessee and the other midwest states that were hit by devastating and fatal tornadoes and storms :((F) I heard something like 47 dead…so horrible.

Timeline

Mawning Chica,

Gill

(L),

Gill

Thanks..It would be nice If I could submit any old test B) :whistle:

Girl,

I hear ya! I am a little hesistant about finding out the results infront of the interviewer and on an already stressful day! But, I figured just get it out of the way! :unsure: Tam-Tam's 1 in 3 article is still in my head... :whistle: . For the first time ever...this is one time I HOPE AND PRAY MY INSTINCTS ARE WRONG!!! :crying:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl,

I hear ya! I am a little hesistant about finding out the results infront of the interviewer and on an already stressful day! But, I figured just get it out of the way! :unsure: Tam-Tam's 1 in 3 article is still in my head... :whistle: . For the first time ever...this is one time I HOPE AND PRAY MY INSTINCTS ARE WRONG!!! :crying:

Gill

:unsure::unsure:

I must have missed it or I am lost...what article and why do you hope your instincts are wrong? Now you got me all worried for you :huh:

Timeline

Ok Jay,

I would start by SENDING her flowers http://ww4.1800flowers.com/ (Shameless plug :lol: ). If she is working...send to her JOB if not, then send to home.

Make or Order (dependent upon your talents in the kitchen :whistle: ) a nice dinner (HER favorites) (add candles and the whole nine), buy her a nice piece of lingere (something you would like to see her in), get a BEAUTIFUL CARD and express exactly how you feel about spending your very first V-Day together with her in it. Then pull out the little black, or blue box! Earrings, necklace... It doesn't have to be SUPER expensive or Diamonds(Macys should be having a pretty good sale soon). Just a little something that when she puts it on she can remember how much her wonderful husband loves & cherishes her!

Hmmmmm...I think that's it!

Good luck and I have a wonderfu &l creative V-day! Don't forget Jay...you're her best friend...you know what she likes! :thumbs:

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Don't forget the whipped cream, chocolate syrup , chocolate -covered strawberries and/or a nice bottle of wine! For the after dinner treat! :lol::lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.