Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The most amazing thing happened to me this evening. I hired a babysitter to watch the kids while I go to school. She started this evening. From inital contact she told me she was a christian and when she went to church ok cool. Just wanted her for one night. So she starts tonight and I asked her if she cleaned. I knew she did because one of her references told me. So I asked her how much additional she would charge. (a sister is TIRED when she comes home and weekends all I do is sleep on saturday and do laundry on sunday) anyway my girl told me that the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting. I had to look at her twice and said excuse me and she repeated it. She said the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting and she's only going to do it until mr. jengles comes back. She said when she goes against God something bad happens. I gave her offering to put in the plate.

God knows what no one else knows .. who God Bless no Man curse...BELIEVE THAT..

Now on the keeping it real, speaking to her on the phone, she sounded like a big west indian woman and when I opened the door mi sey...the gyal pretty bad...I was like oh hell no...but she was so sweet...can't judge a book by its cover...

Wow HE is sending blessings your way :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fianlly some good news today.....i got approved for MA!!!! sssoo happy about that...interesting how it worked out...i had actually e-mailed the Governor about how i was in support if his health care idea and how it is frustrating for me who needs help and all the hoops i have to jump through....well guess who called the local office today to check on my case....the Gov's office....so the case worker called me just to let me know i was approved and hove to drop off a couple extra papers....i am just so happy this all came out the right way!!!!!!!!!

That's WONDERFUL!!

Thank God for that!!

This must be a HUGE weight of your chest girl!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

The most amazing thing happened to me this evening. I hired a babysitter to watch the kids while I go to school. She started this evening. From inital contact she told me she was a christian and when she went to church ok cool. Just wanted her for one night. So she starts tonight and I asked her if she cleaned. I knew she did because one of her references told me. So I asked her how much additional she would charge. (a sister is TIRED when she comes home and weekends all I do is sleep on saturday and do laundry on sunday) anyway my girl told me that the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting. I had to look at her twice and said excuse me and she repeated it. She said the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting and she's only going to do it until mr. jengles comes back. She said when she goes against God something bad happens. I gave her offering to put in the plate.

Now on the keeping it real, speaking to her on the phone, she sounded like a big west indian woman and when I opened the door mi sey...the gyal pretty bad...I was like oh hell no...but she was so sweet...can't judge a book by its cover...

Wow, that is truly amazing!!!

God works in mysterious ways!!!

It's like he's preparing the road for you......How is Mr Jengles getting with the visa/passport thing?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
fianlly some good news today.....i got approved for MA!!!! sssoo happy about that...interesting how it worked out...i had actually e-mailed the Governor about how i was in support if his health care idea and how it is frustrating for me who needs help and all the hoops i have to jump through....well guess who called the local office today to check on my case....the Gov's office....so the case worker called me just to let me know i was approved and hove to drop off a couple extra papers....i am just so happy this all came out the right way!!!!!!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU NANNY!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU THAT YOU STOOD UP FOR YOURSELF AND CALLED THE GOVERNOR!!!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Tru ting DAT Jengy!!!! :thumbs::thumbs: That was so sweet of her! :luv: I love when good things happen to good people!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
:ot:OFF-TOPIC *INTERVIEW QUESTION*

Ok, I need help (no comments from the peanut gallery please :lol:)!

When you guys went on your interviews did you take copies of your prior years taxes or a 'Tax transcript' from each year?

I misread the required docs list, and just realized that they prefer the transcript instead of the actual returns. I am going to see if I can find out where to get them and if I will have enough time.

Thanks and blessings,

Gill

We took actual copies of the returns, this was two years ago.

I had an exact copy of every single piece of paperwork I mailed in, took to the embassy, etc. in a bound book. Andre took an exact copy of everything with him, just in case. We used copies of the tax returns with W-2's.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
So totally :ot: I was reading another thread where people were looking for suggestions for welcoming your loved ones on their first night here. What have those of you who have your SO here did? For those who are expecting their SO, what do you plan to do to welcome them stateside? I get excited just thinking about the fun and exciting things you ladies will come up with :yes::yes::jest::jest:

Mike will be in Florida with his dad for a while before he comes here to me (I'm not sure how long, haven't asked)so I have not thought about what I would do :unsure::unsure: .

I flew back with Andre and "travel day" is never a good day for me. Too exhausting. That day, we had to be at the airport at 4:00 a.m.

Some friends met us at the airport for a loud, silly welcome. We took the long route home so he could see how big St. Louis is and get a feel for some of the landmarks. He took some pictures. That was a Thursday.

Friday I went to work and he got settled in.

Saturday, we went to 6 Flags. And, Sunday, we went to the Zoo.

After that, it was getting used to the house, the city, and doing things slowly so as to not overwhelm.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

:dance:**********SUPER DUPER TUESDAY CHUCKLE********** :dance:

Mawning Family,

:dance: HAPPY PRIMARY DAY :dance: FOR THOSE OF YOU IN STATES HOLDING THEIR PRIMARIES TODAY!!!!

PLEASE GET OUT THERE EARLY AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!!

Have a great day!!!

Blessed love,

Gill

********************************************************************************

Duties of a Wife

Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given

their new wives duties.

The 1st man had married an Asian woman

and bragged that he had told his wife she was going to do all the

dishes and house cleaning. He said it took a couple of days but on

the 3rd day he came home to a clean house and the dishes were

done.

The 2nd man had married a French woman.

He bragged that he had given his wife orders that she was to do

All the cleaning, dishes and the cooking. On the 1st day he didn't see

any results, but the next day it was better. By the 3rd day, his

house was clean, the dishes were done and he had a huge dinner on

the table.

The 3rd man married a Jamaican woman.

He boasted that he had told her that her duties were to keep the

house clean, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot

meals on the table for every meal. He said the 1st day he didn't'

see anything, the 2nd day he didn't see anything but by the 3rd

day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out

of his left eye; enough to fix himself a bite to eat, load the

dishwasher and call a landscaper.

Got to love those Jamaican women!!!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Totally :ot:

Well guys and gals I got the RFE letter in the mail today. I don't have a scanner but will type as much as I can, here goes;

MISSIING DOCUMENT LIS FOR ..........(beneficiary's name)

_________________OF 230-I:____________________________________________

Please submit a completed copy of form DS230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, for this applicant. In reviewing the form DS-230 Part 1 that you submitted, we note that you have either skipped Item 20 entirely or provided imcomplete information. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residency history of more than six months. When completing the information in Item #20, please refer to the following instructions below on how to obtain Police Certificates from these countries:

It goes on to give info about obtaining a police certificate although we have already submitted one. I plan on calling them this week to verify that they have the police cert.

Can anyone interpret this for me? I will update this thread when I am able to get through to the NVC while I wait for Mike to send a new DS-230 to me.

so they have the certificate that they are asking for??

Has he lived in ONLY Jamaica since he was 16? I am getting the impression they are saying he was out of the country for more then 6 months.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's like he's preparing the road for you......How is Mr Jengles getting with the visa/passport thing?

Mr. Jengles went to JA because he listened to his cousin. Like I stated before he was the one supporting all of them, even those that worked and when he came up here they missed that or at least she did. Let me not talk about the rest of his family. she would call my house and tell him things like how his job called looking for him, and how his kids were sick and his brother was letting his house go and not working the car, just stuff to make him think whatever he had in jamaica was going to go up in smoke. She even found people to borrow the money for his fare. So he goes to JA, he has a buyer for the car, but no title. Kingston never processed the title.

He didn't listen to me. I told him to go when he got the title and a buyer. he didn't listen when he got the dream telling him not to go. he didn't listen when he lost his passport, he started getting the hint when he lost his JA liscense. I spoke to him on Sunday and he said "he's down there like a damn fool" he is miserable. He thought he was only going to be there for 2 weeks. I'm going to let God deal with him. When God opened the door for him in america he closed the door in jamaica. God knew I needed the childcare help, because now I'm paying for afterschool for my son and soon i'm going to be paying daycare for my daughter by myself. I couldn't drop out of school not for my last class.

God knows just how long I would be needing the babysitter for and sent her for just that long. While he teaches my husband who is the real boss.

So I'm thankful and need to get myself in somebody's church soon.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

GOOD FOR YOU NANNY!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU THAT YOU STOOD UP FOR YOURSELF AND CALLED THE GOVERNOR!!!

Bless,

Gill

thanks everyone!!! it is just one less thing that i need to worry about...so i can call the hosptial get them off my back for the labs that i had to have done and that will all get paid for.....just very thankful!!!!

Jengles....that story was just amazing.....that is really something you don't hear about.......

Timeline
All is well the world ladies, i'm eating my first serving of cornmeal porridge of the day.

:lol::lol::lol: ...hush Jengy!!

The same way G-d lead Mr. Jengy there...he WILL lead him home to you!!

Stay blessed Sweetheart (L) ,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies (F)

Bless,

Gill

Me too :yes: I am so glad that you got approved! Way to go out there and get what you need :)

That is absolutely amazing Jengles! What a blessing (L) So glad to hear that!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
All is well the world ladies, i'm eating my first serving of cornmeal porridge of the day.

Oh what I woudn't do to be eating some cornmeal porridge as well :blush: Enjoy Jengles!

So who out there actually gets to vote today? Our primary isn't for a few more weeks but we are all mail in votes so I have actually already voted :thumbs: It feels so good to vote and be a part of this amazing process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.