Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
:ot:OFF-TOPIC *INTERVIEW QUESTION*

Ok, I need help (no comments from the peanut gallery please :lol:)!

When you guys went on your interviews did you take copies of your prior years taxes or a 'Tax transcript' from each year?

I misread the required docs list, and just realized that they prefer the transcript instead of the actual returns. I am going to see if I can find out where to get them and if I will have enough time.

Thanks and blessings,

Gill

We took actual copies of the returns, this was two years ago.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

OK, how about Mr. Mention vex wid mi cause mi no have no "gi up di pums vibes" :lol::lol::yes: I feel so bad....a doant want di man fi touch mi...nada!! all mi a do a sleep and sleep and more sleep..mi a rub him neck yesideh all mi hear is "mi no feel fi no rub dung" hahaaaa :lol: a couldn't do nuttin but left him alone :lol:

Serve yuh rite; yuh nuh wan give hit hup, but yuh wan guh bout yuh a rub dong. :lol::lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
So, we are OFFICIALLY on the next stage of our journey!!

fedexxxxxx.gif:dancing: :joy:

Husband is SOOOO pissed this morning, he had a football pool at work and up until they scored in the last MINUTE, he would have won $2000....Poor thing!

Congrats Jengy. It looks like it is good news all around for the Yardies. We are moooving up. :dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

So totally :ot: I was reading another thread where people were looking for suggestions for welcoming your loved ones on their first night here. What have those of you who have your SO here did? For those who are expecting their SO, what do you plan to do to welcome them stateside? I get excited just thinking about the fun and exciting things you ladies will come up with :yes::yes::jest::jest:

Mike will be in Florida with his dad for a while before he comes here to me (I'm not sure how long, haven't asked)so I have not thought about what I would do :unsure::unsure: .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So totally :ot: I was reading another thread where people were looking for suggestions for welcoming your loved ones on their first night here. What have those of you who have your SO here did? For those who are expecting their SO, what do you plan to do to welcome them stateside? I get excited just thinking about the fun and exciting things you ladies will come up with :yes::yes::jest::jest:

Mike will be in Florida with his dad for a while before he comes here to me (I'm not sure how long, haven't asked)so I have not thought about what I would do :unsure::unsure: .

Thats a good question. My hubby has already "hinted" to the fact that he likes surprise parties <_< . So he's a little full of himself! I have no idea, cause I'm not sure if we are flying back together or not, and its so far away who knows. But I'm interested in hearing how the other ladies went about it.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The most amazing thing happened to me this evening. I hired a babysitter to watch the kids while I go to school. She started this evening. From inital contact she told me she was a christian and when she went to church ok cool. Just wanted her for one night. So she starts tonight and I asked her if she cleaned. I knew she did because one of her references told me. So I asked her how much additional she would charge. (a sister is TIRED when she comes home and weekends all I do is sleep on saturday and do laundry on sunday) anyway my girl told me that the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting. I had to look at her twice and said excuse me and she repeated it. She said the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting and she's only going to do it until mr. jengles comes back. She said when she goes against God something bad happens. I gave her offering to put in the plate.

God knows what no one else knows .. who God Bless no Man curse...BELIEVE THAT..

Now on the keeping it real, speaking to her on the phone, she sounded like a big west indian woman and when I opened the door mi sey...the gyal pretty bad...I was like oh hell no...but she was so sweet...can't judge a book by its cover...

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Thats a good question. My hubby has already "hinted" to the fact that he likes surprise parties <_< . So he's a little full of himself! I have no idea, cause I'm not sure if we are flying back together or not, and its so far away who knows. But I'm interested in hearing how the other ladies went about it.

well mr jengles got to see his daugther for the first time, she was a month...

Timeline

Totally :ot:

Well guys and gals I got the RFE letter in the mail today. I don't have a scanner but will type as much as I can, here goes;

MISSIING DOCUMENT LIS FOR ..........(beneficiary's name)

_________________OF 230-I:____________________________________________

Please submit a completed copy of form DS230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, for this applicant. In reviewing the form DS-230 Part 1 that you submitted, we note that you have either skipped Item 20 entirely or provided imcomplete information. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residency history of more than six months. When completing the information in Item #20, please refer to the following instructions below on how to obtain Police Certificates from these countries:

It goes on to give info about obtaining a police certificate although we have already submitted one. I plan on calling them this week to verify that they have the police cert.

Can anyone interpret this for me? I will update this thread when I am able to get through to the NVC while I wait for Mike to send a new DS-230 to me.

Timeline
fianlly some good news today.....i got approved for MA!!!! sssoo happy about that...interesting how it worked out...i had actually e-mailed the Governor about how i was in support if his health care idea and how it is frustrating for me who needs help and all the hoops i have to jump through....well guess who called the local office today to check on my case....the Gov's office....so the case worker called me just to let me know i was approved and hove to drop off a couple extra papers....i am just so happy this all came out the right way!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, i am so happy for you, that is one less thing u have to worry about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Well guys and gals I got the RFE letter in the mail today. I don't have a scanner but will type as much as I can, here goes;

Please submit a completed copy of form DS230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, for this applicant. In reviewing the form DS-230 Part 1 that you submitted, we note that you have either skipped Item 20 entirely or provided imcomplete information. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residency history of more than six months. When completing the information in Item #20, please refer to the following instructions below on how to obtain Police Certificates from these countries:

It goes on to give info about obtaining a police certificate although we have already submitted one. I plan on calling them this week to verify that they have the police cert.

Can anyone interpret this for me? I will update this thread when I am able to get through to the NVC while I wait for Mike to send a new DS-230 to me.

so they have the certificate that they are asking for??

Timeline

According to my interpretation of the letter I thought so, so I just called NVC and they told me they have it and they just need me to correct line #20 and she went on to say that they have a new requirement for 2 passport pictures to be submitted with the DS-230. So now I need to send a new DS-230 along with 2 passport sized pictures to them :whistle::whistle:

Timeline

According to my interpretation of the letter I thought so, so I just called NVC and they told me they have it and they just need me to correct line #20 and she went on to say that they have a new requirement for 2 passport pictures to be submitted with the DS-230. So now I need to send a new DS-230 along with 2 passport sized pictures to them :whistle::whistle:

I for sure thought that the RFE was for the police cert that he did not sign. They told me that it is not a requirement that it be signed :huh::huh:

Edited by clairern

Timeline
The most amazing thing happened to me this evening. I hired a babysitter to watch the kids while I go to school. She started this evening. From inital contact she told me she was a christian and when she went to church ok cool. Just wanted her for one night. So she starts tonight and I asked her if she cleaned. I knew she did because one of her references told me. So I asked her how much additional she would charge. (a sister is TIRED when she comes home and weekends all I do is sleep on saturday and do laundry on sunday) anyway my girl told me that the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting. I had to look at her twice and said excuse me and she repeated it. She said the spirit spoke to her and she can't charge me for babysitting and she's only going to do it until mr. jengles comes back. She said when she goes against God something bad happens. I gave her offering to put in the plate.

God knows what no one else knows .. who God Bless no Man curse...BELIEVE THAT..

Now on the keeping it real, speaking to her on the phone, she sounded like a big west indian woman and when I opened the door mi sey...the gyal pretty bad...I was like oh hell no...but she was so sweet...can't judge a book by its cover...

This is great to hear! Makes me wanna get up clap, sing a song, something! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.