Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question - for those of you that have your significant others up here, have you all had problems with family members being able to let go. not calling for money, but if anything goes wrong in JA they call. I want to reach out and wring necks right now, but I'm trying to be calm.

Yes. And, it makes him so tense and angry cause there is little to nothing he can do about it. This part did slowly die down for us.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning all,

Tonya, I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with the application. I honestly haven't reached that point yet, so I have nothing to offer other than 'This to shall pass Chica :luv: ". Hush, others with more experience should be online soon. Or post a new topic and other VJ'ers should respond.

Hang tight ya'll...one more day!!

- This is an oldie, but I thought it warranted repeating :lol: ...(Wi doan call dem 'Yard'men fi nuttin') ;);):lol:

Blessed (L) to all,

Enjoy,

Gill

An American In Jamaica...

A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name tattooed on his #######, her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the ####### was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y.

Shortly after the couple was married and they were honeymooning in Jamaica, the man was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man who also had a W Y on his #######.

The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"

The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice Day'".

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
My problem is the Mega phone my husbands friends call him evryday 3and 4 times a day and they talk from sun up till sun down. What amazes me more then anything is that he feels like this is ok. His statement is BABES I AM HERE AT HOME WITH YOU, I AM NOT MESSING AROUND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I try to explained that just because you are here with me doesn't mean that we are spending time together BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!

Girl...a wonder if they r cut from the same tree..hubby says that to me sometimes....tics me off

Same tree here. I have said it before...I hate the cell phone...hate hate hate hate it. If I knew he wouldn't just go out and buy another one I would love to "lose" his or "accidentally" let it fall in the sink full of water :lol: 2 years later and I still hate that darn phone!

Do the men you guys are talking about have jobs? I ask cause Andre was like this early on, when he wasn't working. Now, he's busy and very rarely on the phone.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Kimmy - so what she want him to file and give her money??? Mr jengles has been here since august

Yup they have a megaphone and he claims they are calling so they don't lose the minutes.

He left a taxi down there to help his kids and us out and left his little brother to drive it. Well so far mr jengles hasn't seen a penny. every day the brother call claiming something wrong with the car. as to the reason why he can't give up any money. mr jengles left him in his house and he got nerve to be calling up here saying the light gonna get turned off.

then we have the cousin that calls every day to rat on the brother (who is clearly worthless) what time he getting out of bed, he got people in the house yada yada yada.

I can't take it anymore and to make a long story short the damn brother mashed up the car yesterday. so kids now have zero income

Are you sure of this? Not to sound jaded; but I take what some say with a grain of salt. I had a friend who bought 1/2 into a taxi with her husband and BIL and I heard this exact story. When they finally made it down to check on him, it was all a tale.

And without going into further details today, I've heard lots of stories that have not been the case in the end.

Just be sure before you do anything else financially. You could be being played.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
We live on the west coast so we are 2 and sometimes 3 hours behind JA. We would get calls all the time at 3-4 am :o It was always to our house phone so it wasn't like I could just turn it off. I would get so pissed. What made it worse was when he would answer and then talk forever at freaking 3 in the morning! Luckily it got better over time...and now we don't have a home phone just cells so that has really helped.

right now we on the east cost are on the same time as JA. He commented that no one but his mother calls to see how he doing. It's always some complaint. I felt bad for him when he said that.

You are not alone in that one. I've seen it too.

Sometimes it's hard to learn your friends really aren't that great of friends.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

My problem is the Mega phone my husbands friends call him evryday 3and 4 times a day and they talk from sun up till sun down. What amazes me more then anything is that he feels like this is ok. His statement is BABES I AM HERE AT HOME WITH YOU, I AM NOT MESSING AROUND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I try to explained that just because you are here with me doesn't mean that we are spending time together BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!

Girl...a wonder if they r cut from the same tree..hubby says that to me sometimes....tics me off

Same tree here. I have said it before...I hate the cell phone...hate hate hate hate it. If I knew he wouldn't just go out and buy another one I would love to "lose" his or "accidentally" let it fall in the sink full of water :lol: 2 years later and I still hate that darn phone!

Do the men you guys are talking about have jobs? I ask cause Andre was like this early on, when he wasn't working. Now, he's busy and very rarely on the phone.

Yes Verton works 10pm till 6 am.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline
Man oh man, doesnt anyone chat on this forum anymore? I remember when we would could fill at least five to ten pages worth in one day. Now you have to wait forever and a day for responses?

Rhonda, you were SO lucky you had the previous fees. I wasnt on in forever and a day, so had sort of budgeted for about $275 to $300, which is what the fees WERE. Now...man I just dont know. Its DOUBLE, and from what I am reading, the times havent gotten any speedier either. Doesnt seem fair to anyone.

How can couple just starting out afford this, doing the AOS, I sure feel for them and then not being able to get their EAD right away either so the guy (or gal) can help out? What is our stupid government thinking?

If Lake could have worked right off the bat, we wouldnt have been in this ridiculous in debt over our head mess, and I am thinking he would have been a whole lot healthier as well. Sitting around for almost a year was hard on him, on me, awful on our budget, and I really blame the government for him being prediabetic to some degree, with "sitting around phase". He was fired up to work two jobs when he first came, and couldnt do any. Ok, enuff ranting.... I sure wished there had been under the table work here so he could have kept busy.

I am up to page 155 in yardies4. Where is Dee, (denden?). She change her screen name as well? I think so but not 100%?

Jill

Funny thing is I was just saying that to my husband yesterday...There is NO way we could have managed with me not working for so long...Luckily I'm still on maternity leave/vacation until 2009, so that gives us a head start.....

For those of you in the MD area, the roads are no longer safe....

I had my first driving lesson yesterday, BEWARE :whistle: :whistle:

Really like my instructor, he didn't bat an eyelid when I told him that a) I have difficulty telling knowing which was is left and right (have to think about it) and also was used to being on the opposite side of the road!

Scariest thing for me was being on the major roads and having to go at 55mph :unsure:

PAID maternity leave till 2009?????????????? WTH is a job like that?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I don't know. I kinda feel for the guy in this situation. I always try and put myself in the other persons shoes. I think about if I was to move to JA and my family just stopped calling and needing me so much (even if i coudn't do anything for them) I would feel sad and lonely. As if the people who I grew up with and all my family just up and forgot about me. So I think its nice that they call. maybe the calls can get excessive, but if its just to chat and talk about their day to day lives, i completely understand. This move is a hard one for everyone, not just your husband. His friends and family will miss his presence so i guess they are also adjusting. I'm sure your guy misses the random chatter with his boys so just the talk on the phone with him probably does him alot of good. I could see myself getting depressed if i moved to another country where no one talked like me and I wasnt really close to but one or 2 other people.

I'm sure all the calls are just apart of the adjustment status.

Marlita

Hi I felt the same way at first tried to be understanding, tried to have empathy. I really don't mine the calls but when it interfers with day to day life my patience wears a little thin. Example, we can be out eating dinner and someone calls he stops eating leaves the table and goes outside and talks leaving me alone for 30-40 mins.(2) We are grocery shopping he stops putting the groceries in the car because he gets a call. (3) I have only everyother weekend off, The calls start rolling in at 6am and he stays on the phone till midnight. This has gone beyond excessive. Cell phone bills in excess of 300.00 to 400.00 dollars. In my area Jamaican are everywhere you turn, he is also on the Jamaican soccer league here.

He has family here and friends. He has been here a year, it takes adjusting for everyone. Now I just leave on my days off to keep peace because I know I am going to say something about that D#$M Phone.

Have you said anything to him?

The first thing we did was sit down and talk about the phone when it became a problem. I have a house rule of no calls before 9 a.m. or after 9 p.m. unless someone is dying. With kids and both of us working, it is a reasonable request. And, even when he wasn't working, he realized the importance of me working both my jobs. Once we told all his family and friends this and why, they have complied. We tend to turn all phones to vibrate or off during most evenings and weekends. And, Andre usually has his on vibrate or off whenever he is trying to sleep (he sometimes works overnights) Our time is our time. We have so little of it that it makes it precious. If someone leaves a message, we'll call them back. If not, it wasn't that important anyhow.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

And, he's been here a long time, it looks like. Seems a habit. This one, if it bothers you, you will have to have a sit down. I don't see it passing on it's own.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Well the first six months is full pay, next three is 400 pounds a month, then 3 months on zero pay. Then my accrued vacation leave for last year which is three months on full pay kicks in, and then I will have accrued another three months vacation leave w when that`s finished :)

In the UK, statutory maternity leave is 9 months...My company has very good vacation leave too - 3 months

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Timeline

Well the first six months is full pay, next three is 400 pounds a month, then 3 months on zero pay. Then my accrued vacation leave for last year which is three months on full pay kicks in, and then I will have accrued another three months vacation leave w when that`s finished :)

In the UK, statutory maternity leave is 9 months...My company has very good vacation leave too - 3 months

THATS GOOD :thumbs:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

And, he's been here a long time, it looks like. Seems a habit. This one, if it bothers you, you will have to have a sit down. I don't see it passing on it's own.

Jomo thanks for the advice. We have talked and it changes for a day or two ,then he's back on the phone. I figure if

that is our only major problem I will deal with it. That doesn't change the fact I hate that cell phone.

Edited by morantbaygirl

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Wow, part 5. At least there are only 14 pages already. I tried to catch up on what I missed from part 4 while I've been gone but I just couldn't, there were over 200 pages.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy - so what she want him to file and give her money??? Mr jengles has been here since august

Yup they have a megaphone and he claims they are calling so they don't lose the minutes.

He left a taxi down there to help his kids and us out and left his little brother to drive it. Well so far mr jengles hasn't seen a penny. every day the brother call claiming something wrong with the car. as to the reason why he can't give up any money. mr jengles left him in his house and he got nerve to be calling up here saying the light gonna get turned off.

then we have the cousin that calls every day to rat on the brother (who is clearly worthless) what time he getting out of bed, he got people in the house yada yada yada.

I can't take it anymore and to make a long story short the damn brother mashed up the car yesterday. so kids now have zero income

Are you sure of this? Not to sound jaded; but I take what some say with a grain of salt. I had a friend who bought 1/2 into a taxi with her husband and BIL and I heard this exact story. When they finally made it down to check on him, it was all a tale.

And without going into further details today, I've heard lots of stories that have not been the case in the end.

Just be sure before you do anything else financially. You could be being played.

One of my friends suggested getting a picture of the car, because this happened to one of her siblings or brother in law in Ghayna (sp). but they don't have a digital camera. mr jengles wants to go down there now, he's had it with his little brother. I want him to wait until Jan to go because by then he should have had his biometrics appt, his drivers license and be about to finish his ged class, not to mention daycare expenses.

that's the UK for ya, I'm should transfer to have my next baby there, lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

he's home alone during the day? I switched mr jengles school hours so he's in school in the day and that helped

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.