Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thats sounds so fun Cat! I was the same way, cheap fun and casual. My favorite color is green too, but i had all color of green and blues and cream. My dress was cream too! I love cream dresses so much more than white....plus they photograph better. My wedding was all in the family too! I had video done by my girls boyfriend...photography we paid for to a guy my husband knew from JA...super cheap! I did all the decorations. The family in JA all cooked and made the cakes. They got the drinks too. I loves them for that. My husbands church brother paid for our pastor...they were friends. My husbands cousin is a DJ and did an awesome job. And the sight was on the cliffs of the property of this guy hubby met in Jamaica. It was sooooo cheap for the entire wedding. I would say less than $2000! The only thing I missed was dancing. I got married a day before Hurrican Dean and it got really windy at night and people were needing to get outta town. I plan on throwing a wedding reception here in the States when he comes out. i am trying to find a cool restaurant that has rentable rooms or something and have an all out dance type formal party! i cannot wait.

Your colors sound beaustiful! Post pictures of your dresses and stuff thru VJ if you can.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
**********FRIDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning Fam,

I have to go to a conference in NYC today. So I won't be on too much today!! Gonna miss ya'll!! :crying:

Hennyway...IT'S FRIDAY!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance: Do your :dance: 'Happy Friday Dance' :dance: ya'll!!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

Be good & do good!

Bless,

Gill

The Most Sheer Lingerie

A Jamaican man goes to Victoria Secret to buy his wife the most sheer lingerie he can find. The woman behind the counter goes and gets an outfit.

"This is $200," she says.

"Yuh nuh ave wan more sheer?"says he.

"This one is $350."

"Nuh suh, mi want wan even more sheer dan dat!."

"This one is the most sheer that we have. It's $500."

"Dat good, mi will tek hit!"

The man goes home to his wife and shows it to her saying, "Guh put dis on han mogel hit fuh mi!" His wife goes upstairs, opens the box and thinks, "Dis ting is suh see-through, deh hole coot wouldn't even notice if mi putti on or not. Mi a guh act like mi putti on han tek hit back tuh deh store han git mi refund!"

So his wife comes out wearing nothing at all and strikes a pose at the top of the stairs.

"Suh is ow yuh like hit?"she asks wid a wink.

Her husband then complains, "Well Dyam, yuh wouldda tink fi $500, dem wouldda hiron deh blasted ting!!!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
I'm in a pissy mood today....look like we owe the IRS money :angry: Why did i think I was going to at least get the money my hubby paid in taxes back, he's not a US citizen why should he have to pay taxes....damn

Uncle Sam doesn't care who u are. they want their money...shoot the IRS doesn't even care if illegals pay taxes...they just want their money.

AMEN! Thank you. The end.

:dance: **************I GOT A DATE********** :dance:

:dance::dance: I called 202# today and they FINALLY gave me a date!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 @8:30am :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I don't think Ken will be here by Easter :crying::( ...But WHATEVER at this point...I'LL TAKE IT!!!

THANK YOU KINGSTON EMBASSY...YOU WONDERFUL EMBASSY YOU!!! :lol::lol::luv:

Blessed,

Gill

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Oh yes! I wanna hear about weddings! I have mine all planned out in my mind! :-)

Yeah Cat!! So lets hear about it. I love weddings and party planning. I am thinking about being a planner down in JA

Hey Lita - ya still thinking of moving there?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance::dance: I called 202# today and they FINALLY gave me a date!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I don't think Ken will be here by Easter :crying::( ...But WHATEVER at this point...I'LL TAKE IT!!!

Blessed,

Gill

Congrats Gill. :dance::dance: Me jealous but me glad fe yuh anyway. That is my daughter's birthday. Wish you all the best with the interview. Are you going?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Oh yes! I wanna hear about weddings! I have mine all planned out in my mind! :-)

Yeah Cat!! So lets hear about it. I love weddings and party planning. I am thinking about being a planner down in JA

Oh yes!! I need to get outta this place. if i didn't have credit card debt and medical bills to pay off I would rent my house and be outtie!!! I am definitley trying to move there soon. I just have to do it the way I do everything else thats a huge deal...make a plan. Cause I don't want to move from one place to another and live in misery and poverty. There are many many a ways to make money while living in JA. i just have to secure my investment here first and make a comfortable set up there next. I also want out of here cuase i have a gut feeling, that something bad is gonna happen in this country in the next 4 years and I wanna be outta here when it does.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Thats sounds so fun Cat! I was the same way, cheap fun and casual. My favorite color is green too, but i had all color of green and blues and cream. My dress was cream too! I love cream dresses so much more than white....plus they photograph better. My wedding was all in the family too! I had video done by my girls boyfriend...photography we paid for to a guy my husband knew from JA...super cheap! I did all the decorations. The family in JA all cooked and made the cakes. They got the drinks too. I loves them for that. My husbands church brother paid for our pastor...they were friends. My husbands cousin is a DJ and did an awesome job. And the sight was on the cliffs of the property of this guy hubby met in Jamaica. It was sooooo cheap for the entire wedding. I would say less than $2000! The only thing I missed was dancing. I got married a day before Hurrican Dean and it got really windy at night and people were needing to get outta town. I plan on throwing a wedding reception here in the States when he comes out. i am trying to find a cool restaurant that has rentable rooms or something and have an all out dance type formal party! i cannot wait.

Your colors sound beaustiful! Post pictures of your dresses and stuff thru VJ if you can.

I will post pictures for sure when all this happens. I wont let my mom make the dress until I loose some weight. The dress will be short but with long sleeves... Like an tunic/India style... hippie!

For music we will load in ipod with everything... my friend did that for their wedding and it was great. You can just hook up to big speakers and have "sets" already programmed. For drinks ... and my friends will totally be ok with this.... it will be BYOB. Its actually against the law here to drink in public. I think at the most 40 people at my wedding. I think I will surely need a drink on hand with my mom and dad in the same place LOL .... its been about 30 years!!!

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

I will post pictures for sure when all this happens. I wont let my mom make the dress until I loose some weight. The dress will be short but with long sleeves... Like an tunic/India style... hippie!

For music we will load in ipod with everything... my friend did that for their wedding and it was great. You can just hook up to big speakers and have "sets" already programmed. For drinks ... and my friends will totally be ok with this.... it will be BYOB. Its actually against the law here to drink in public. I think at the most 40 people at my wedding. I think I will surely need a drink on hand with my mom and dad in the same place LOL .... its been about 30 years!!!

Cat

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Hey guys, get this! Well, I told you I worked with my congressman's office and the lady suggested I file the 129F (Im not) and then she did not really know any information on any specific issues.

Well, today I get home and there is the I129f in the mail and get this.

She ONLY sent the directions.

I couldnt help but laugh.

I am guessing they may not be much help. I come from a rural small town where in this area of the state (and the 3 states surrounding us) the only immigrants we have are Mexicans that work on the farms and own restaurants. Literally. Half of them are probably illegal. Perhaps there is not much experience in the immigration process here...........

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance:HAPPY BURTDAY JAEngy!!! :dance::dance:

I hope you enjoy your day!

curlybow_lg.jpg

I brought a cake...so we can all share!!!

Have a blessed day Chica...with MANY MANY MANY years tuh come!! :thumbs:

(L):luv:(L):luv:(L):luv:

Gill

P.S.- KimKim...duh nuh boddah fi ask if hit chocolate! :rolleyes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENGLISH...Mi waan piece ah di cyake!!! :lol: Dee, duh nuh cuss mi :lol:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
:dance::dance:HAPPY BURTDAY JAEngy!!! :dance::dance:

I hope you enjoy your day!

curlybow_lg.jpg

I brought a cake...so we can all share!!!

Have a blessed day Chica...with MANY MANY MANY years tuh come!! :thumbs:

(L):luv:(L):luv:(L):luv:

Gill

P.S.- KimKim...duh nuh boddah fi ask if hit chocolate! :rolleyes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENGLISH...Mi waan piece ah di cyake!!! :lol: Dee, duh nuh cuss mi :lol:

YES!! Happy Happy Day!! ...and every day after today as well!

Oh and sorry about the double post above - crazy fingers!

Cat

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Thats a good idea bout the IPOD!! I think everybody should do that! I hear about people spending crazy amounts of money on the wedding and I am amazed!! Thats why I want to go to JA and be a planner for the "Tourist on a Budget". I know of so many ways to cuts costs and get the same effect if not better.

Your dress sounds really pretty. I love tunics. I am such a hippie. i always say I must've lived in the 60's in another life time. Oh yeah and BYOB....ALWAYS!! i mean we had a certain amount of drinks purchased for our wedding...do you know I didn't get a nare one!!! Only a simple glass of champagne for our toast and I didnt even get enough food. People were waaayyyy to greedy at my wedding. I'm still missing my cake cutter set and when I go down in Feb, I am blasting off on people til I get it back!! :angry:

Timeline

Hey guys, get this! Well, I told you I worked with my congressman's office and the lady suggested I file the 129F (Im not) and then she did not really know any information on any specific issues.

Well, today I get home and there is the I129f in the mail and get this.

She ONLY sent the directions.

I couldnt help but laugh.

I am guessing they may not be much help. I come from a rural small town where in this area of the state (and the 3 states surrounding us) the only immigrants we have are Mexicans that work on the farms and own restaurants. Literally. Half of them are probably illegal. Perhaps there is not much experience in the immigration process here...........

Girl just fill out the I129F app and use a copy of your NOA1 from I130. Get the directions on VJ...and it FREE to file K3 now,since you paid a higher price for the CR1 in the first place.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congratulations.gif

So happy for you Gill!!! It's about time. At least you have the date and you can plan for Ken to get here by end of March/early April

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Blessed,

Gill

CONGRATULATIONS GILL! :dance:

I'm sooo happy for you and Ken.....I woke up knowing today was gonna' be a good day and I had a feeling you were going to get an interview date today!

GUESS WHAT? I GOT SOME NEWS OF MY OWN TO FINALLY SHARE......

I GOT THE NOA2 TODAY AFTER 3 MONTHS AND 21 DAYS OF WAITING!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES!!!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.