Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok guys. I am SO frustrated and this is only the beginning. I dont know how you guys have made it through! I have so much respect for you!!

I filed my CR-1 on October 30.

I received my NOA-1 on January 17

My receipt number is STILL not in the system.

Talked to my senator's office Tuesday. They sent a fax and they will let me know as soon as they know anything. VSC still hasnt faxed them back.

I am still not in the system.

I have to pay taxes for this year.

We have immigration costs.

I may have PCOS.

I cannot bear the thoughts of going to JA this summer and leaving my husband on July 31 to come back to work with no end in sight.

I need help.

Do you ever just reach that point where your faith in God doesnt even seem to console you? I just dont know if I can do it. Everyday it is making me miserable.

Whine over. haha

I have PCOS, if you need any advice or just want to talk about it I'm here.

Not to be nosey, but what is PCOS? (if you don't mind me asking).

Not being nosey. Its Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. It basically means your ovaries are cystic and dont work the way they should. causes a whole heap of problems..infertility one of them.. blah

Thanks for explaining. We are going to pray against the infertility; as we can see with Classy, you can have some beautiful babies. :thumbs:

Thank you! I stand in agreement with that!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: With that being said JATam, i was wonderng the other day how everyone came to find VJ? I was told about it from a woman a met on another forum who happened to see me mention i met a man in Jamaica. She told me of VJ waaayyy before we were even close to deciding to get married but she surely led me in the right direction. i always wonder where would i be now, if I hadn't found vj. I took 10 months from joining VJ to filing my petition. But I learned so much in that time.

So tell me...how did you all learn about VJ?

Jill (Christine James) told me to come here. Then, she and Belly's girl yelled at me. Kidding sort of. But, that's how I found it.

I was well into the process before I ever got here.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: So I saw this in The Jamaica Star this afternoon. It freaked the hell out of me: Demons Invade School

What in the world??????????????? That's so crazy.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Shrewdie, Lita - no lie, it is not an easy journey that you face. SG, sometimes you have to cry, let it all out to God and He will help you to realize that you can't do it in your strength, you need His strength. This is probably one of the hardest processes to go through and Lita, is the same thing I said - I looked at that time apart from hubby as training to be the better wife and for him, the better husband that God wants for each of us. Try and occupy your time as much as possible and remember your VJ family is here for you to encourage you through this process. I wished I had found VJ earlier in my journey, but it was right on time!

My dear, it was the hardest part leaving him everytime I went home; #1 - mi neva waan lef Jamaica, much less without him. The amount of tears that fell the night before I left and the next morning - mi dear, cried 4 rivers between the 2 of us. This process is rough and it hard for someone to understand it unless them going through it too.

Hold fast to your faith my dear - remember it won't be this way forever. THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!! (most recently quoted by Gill & maddie)

Oh, girls. I remember these times. I kid you not when I say I worked 2 jobs, talked to my husband (then fiance) hours a day, and I made what I estimate to be at least 1,000 cards. I figured I might as well harness my energies and time into something creative. I made some good money off of those cards since then.

You have to do whatever it is that allows you to pass the time in a positive way. There really is little you can do to speed along the process. So, you find a way to live with it. It really will soon just seem like a bad dream you had and you'll move on to bigger and better things. Hang in there!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: So I saw this in The Jamaica Star this afternoon. It freaked the hell out of me: Demons Invade School

Wow! This has been going on for awhile down there. i heard about the demon possession in school kids over a year ago. I don't know whats up with that.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Ok guys. I am SO frustrated and this is only the beginning. I dont know how you guys have made it through! I have so much respect for you!!

I filed my CR-1 on October 30.

I received my NOA-1 on January 17

My receipt number is STILL not in the system.

Talked to my senator's office Tuesday. They sent a fax and they will let me know as soon as they know anything. VSC still hasnt faxed them back.

I am still not in the system.

I have to pay taxes for this year.

We have immigration costs.

I may have PCOS.

I cannot bear the thoughts of going to JA this summer and leaving my husband on July 31 to come back to work with no end in sight.

I need help.

Do you ever just reach that point where your faith in God doesnt even seem to console you? I just dont know if I can do it. Everyday it is making me miserable.

Whine over. haha

I have PCOS, if you need any advice or just want to talk about it I'm here.

Not to be nosey, but what is PCOS? (if you don't mind me asking).

Not being nosey. Its Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. It basically means your ovaries are cystic and dont work the way they should. causes a whole heap of problems..infertility one of them.. blah

Thanks for explaining. We are going to pray against the infertility; as we can see with Classy, you can have some beautiful babies. :thumbs:

Thank you. I am very thankful for my children. I am lucky that I do things backwards and had them young :dance: But on a happier note I have alot of friends that have had healthy babies while dealing with PCOS. You just have to be healthy and try a little harder.

Filed: Other Timeline

Wow! This has been going on for awhile down there. i heard about the demon possession in school kids over a year ago. I don't know whats up with that.

I dom't either :unsure: Don't think I want to know.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I dom't either :unsure: Don't think I want to know.

That is TOTALLY BIZARRE!!!!! Pon toppa heveryting else yuh worry bout when yuh send yuh pickney tuh school now yuh haffi worry bout...DEMON POSSESSION!!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Lawd have mercy!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********FRIDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning Fam,

I have to go to a conference in NYC today. So I won't be on too much today!! Gonna miss ya'll!! :crying:

Hennyway...IT'S FRIDAY!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance: Do your :dance: 'Happy Friday Dance' :dance: ya'll!!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

Be good & do good!

Bless,

Gill

The Most Sheer Lingerie

A Jamaican man goes to Victoria Secret to buy his wife the most sheer lingerie he can find. The woman behind the counter goes and gets an outfit.

"This is $200," she says.

"Yuh nuh ave wan more sheer?"says he.

"This one is $350."

"Nuh suh, mi want wan even more sheer dan dat!."

"This one is the most sheer that we have. It's $500."

"Dat good, mi will tek hit!"

The man goes home to his wife and shows it to her saying, "Guh put dis on han mogel hit fuh mi!" His wife goes upstairs, opens the box and thinks, "Dis ting is suh see-through, deh hole coot wouldn't even notice if mi putti on or not. Mi a guh act like mi putti on han tek hit back tuh deh store han git mi refund!"

So his wife comes out wearing nothing at all and strikes a pose at the top of the stairs.

"Suh is ow yuh like hit?"she asks wid a wink.

Her husband then complains, "Well Dyam, yuh wouldda tink fi $500, dem wouldda hiron deh blasted ting!!!"

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

My dear hubby DID come through!! :dancing: :joy:

He posted the AOS package last night.....

BUT...just realized I sent the original NOA2 instead of a COPY :crying:

Hoping we won't need it for anything along the way :(

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Timeline

My dear hubby DID come through!! :dancing: :joy:

He posted the AOS package last night.....

BUT...just realized I sent the original NOA2 instead of a COPY :crying:

Hoping we won't need it for anything along the way :(

: /quote]

I LOVE this picture...I want another babyyyyyyyyyyyyy :crying: They're so cuteeeeeee

How yall get the picture in there? I'm slow with stuff like that...got a new cell phone after cussing verizon yesterday and now I want to throw the DAMN thing against the wall.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

wow...that is crazy...i have read things like that happining in JA before...one was really disturbing....but the whole thing is just so strange

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
**********FRIDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning Fam,

I have to go to a conference in NYC today. So I won't be on too much today!! Gonna miss ya'll!! :crying:

Hennyway...IT'S FRIDAY!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance: Do your :dance: 'Happy Friday Dance' :dance: ya'll!!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

Be good & do good!

Bless,

Gill

The Most Sheer Lingerie

A Jamaican man goes to Victoria Secret to buy his wife the most sheer lingerie he can find. The woman behind the counter goes and gets an outfit.

"This is $200," she says.

"Yuh nuh ave wan more sheer?"says he.

"This one is $350."

"Nuh suh, mi want wan even more sheer dan dat!."

"This one is the most sheer that we have. It's $500."

"Dat good, mi will tek hit!"

The man goes home to his wife and shows it to her saying, "Guh put dis on han mogel hit fuh mi!" His wife goes upstairs, opens the box and thinks, "Dis ting is suh see-through, deh hole coot wouldn't even notice if mi putti on or not. Mi a guh act like mi putti on han tek hit back tuh deh store han git mi refund!"

So his wife comes out wearing nothing at all and strikes a pose at the top of the stairs.

"Suh is ow yuh like hit?"she asks wid a wink.

Her husband then complains, "Well Dyam, yuh wouldda tink fi $500, dem wouldda hiron deh blasted ting!!!"

:lol: I went lingerie shopping last night....didn't see anything special. I was thinking about not buying anything but I will after this joke.

Filed: Timeline

JAENGLISHGIRL

YOUR BOYS ARE SO HANDSOME U BE TAKING GREAT PIC :wub:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

I LOVE this picture...I want another babyyyyyyyyyyyyy :crying: They're so cuteeeeeee

How yall get the picture in there? I'm slow with stuff like that...got a new cell phone after cussing verizon yesterday and now I want to throw the DAMN thing against the wall.

You need to upload a pic to a photo site like www.photobucket.com or if you don't want to open an account www.tinypic.com.

There are several different links they give you once you've uploaded your photo, the one you want starts like this [ IMG ]

Copy and paste the entire link to your signature here and voila :)

JAENGLISHGIRL

YOUR BOYS ARE SO HANDSOME U BE TAKING GREAT PIC :wub:

Thanks!!!

My mother and brother gave me some more photographic equipment for my birthday, so been messing around as usual :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.