Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mi feel like mi wah kill mi husband....Him lef early fi mail awf di petition before him guh work.

Mi cawl him fi di tracking number, him chat bout di line did too long, him can dweet tomorrow..chaaaaaaaaaaaaa

All him did a duh is siddung pan di PC instead him lef earlier..grrrrrrr

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi feel like mi wah kill mi husband....Him lef early fi mail awf di petition before him guh work.

Mi cawl him fi di tracking number, him chat bout di line did too long, him can dweet tomorrow..chaaaaaaaaaaaaa

All him did a duh is siddung pan di PC instead him lef earlier..grrrrrrr

:lol::lol: men !

That's like my husband wants to buy an PM3 player from misa Cheng shop pon di corner.."wah, no but nuttin from dem, if anyting wrong wid it how u a go get yuh money back !" *in a very loud voice*

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
hEY Yardie..nice to see...of course di one Gill di a worry har head.... :yes: happy ur doing better :thumbs:

Ohh Hush KimKim...yuh doan knoa yuh were worried tuh! ;) - Keep playing deh Toughie...(shhh yuh doan fool mi a BIT!!!) :hehe:

:dance:WELCOME BACK YARDIE!!!!! :dance::dance: YOU WERE MISSED :dance: CHICA!!!! I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!!!

Love ya,

Gill

ditto Yardi...

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Wow 18-months...mi happi fi u...and jealous same way.........I wouldn't mind being on maternity leave for 18 years

18 years :wacko: there is no way on earth. I wouldn't know what to do with my self, I'm one of those back to two work in two weeks kind of girls.

**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Good Mawning Carib Fam,

"You don't understand, mister," one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. "Normally there's three of us: me, Elmer and Leroy. I dig the hole, Elmer sticks in the tree and Leroy, here, puts the dirt back. Now just because Elmer's sick, that don't mean that Leroy and me can't work."

Funny. :)

Do you ever just reach that point where your faith in God doesnt even seem to console you? I just dont know if I can do it. Everyday it is making me miserable.

Whine over. haha

Hang in there.... My faith in God is the ONLY thing that consoles me. Like others have said stay busy and try to take your mind off it. A bible verse a day keeps my misery away :blush:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shrewdy welcome to the club girl..this is just the beginning...

Amen!! Hush Shrewdie...the time will pass...I'm not gonna say "fly by'...but it will pass!! I seriously feel your pain!! Then you wait on line for something else...like an INTERVIEW DATE!!! :angry::lol:

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Ok guys. I am SO frustrated and this is only the beginning. I dont know how you guys have made it through! I have so much respect for you!!

I filed my CR-1 on October 30.

I received my NOA-1 on January 17

My receipt number is STILL not in the system.

Talked to my senator's office Tuesday. They sent a fax and they will let me know as soon as they know anything. VSC still hasnt faxed them back.

I am still not in the system.

I have to pay taxes for this year.

We have immigration costs.

I may have PCOS.

I cannot bear the thoughts of going to JA this summer and leaving my husband on July 31 to come back to work with no end in sight.

I need help.

Do you ever just reach that point where your faith in God doesnt even seem to console you? I just dont know if I can do it. Everyday it is making me miserable.

Whine over. haha

Hush yuh mouth girl! God is all in this. Its the faith in Him that gets me and my husband through. i know its hard, me and you are pretty much neck in neck in our journey...just got married...spent a good part of the summer in JA..left our new husband and family behind, filed paperwork in October after the crazy USCIS backlog, waited til January for the stinkin NOA1. Yeah its all crazy. I'm already getting depressed at the fact that I will be having to say goodbye to my husband again next month after my visit and the visit hasn't even come yet!

As far as the visa I have chopped it up to knowing that he won't be here til the holidays this year. i am estimating a year of processing. So of course we will spend our first anniversary alone :cry: But waht keeps me going in knowing that God is using this time to strenghten our relationship with Him. Its given us patience, and has humbled us alot to one another. We try not to appreciate each other more and we eachplace our selves in the others shoes CONSTANLY as to always help us to be compassionate with one another. We pray together over the phone and have devotion with one another. Little things like this help keep us grounded. I know it doesnt compare to being with each other, but we try to make do with where God has placed us....having faith that He is training us for a marriage that is meant to go the long haul.

Try not to think of the little details in your visa process...like not being in the online system...think more of your NOA2. Give yourself a deadline date you hope to be there, like 6 months after you sent it. Then give yourself a deadline you hope to get out of NVC, like 90 days after NOA2, then give yourself a day to have interview, like 60days after NVC complete. This will give you bigger stepping stones and cut down on the anxiety. Trust me...there are so many people who bever got in the online system but went on to get the visa in a good amount of time. Don't stress the little things. And hopefully those dates above will be altered when they start clearing faster.

You know what does give me hope and a bit of happiness?

-Well I'm a planner and I am now planning some sort of party for when we come back 'permanantly' with visa.

-I'm estimating time off from work and PTO hours needed for the holidays

-Making lists of exciting and fun places to go and see in my area

-Remodeling my house to make room for the Mister

It just feels good to be able to plan for this stuff...cause it will be happening.....this Chritmas and Thanksgiving...God willing...we will be celebrating together in our own home. Its nice to start to think of my home as 'our home'. I hope you get some peace soon enough. (L)

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Thanks Kimmy and SJB :)

BTW I forgot to add...I have now moved on from my "weary of the duppy guest" phase and being all secretive and worried to the "screw you duppy guest" phase. Don't know why I let it get to me in the first place but I did and I am now over it, learned from it and taken all their power away.

Much Love,

JAMIE :star:

When you live in reaction, you give your power away. Then you get to experience what you gave your power to. ~ N Smith

Woo Hoo!! :dance: Mi seh mi glad fi ear yuh cum outta duppy hiding! neva let dem get yuh dat weh again! But mi ovastand. Mi tink mi got wan stalker pon deh VJ too, but mi nah hide frum im, mi juss ignore im. :wacko:

Timeline
Thanks JG and Kimmy,

My congressman's office called not long after I posted that. Here is what she had to say. "They received your case on January 17 (my date of receipt). The process time is 6 months, but they suggested you pay the additional fees and submit an I-129F. That might be a tad bit faster."

I said, "Processing time - what exactly does that mean?"

She replied "The time it will take for the I-130 petition"

I say "Does that mean the time it is in Vermont, the time it is in the States, what exactly"

She after a pause said "The time it is in Vermont, I would be glad to send you the I-129 form"

That was about it. She gave me that information with about the same expression she would if she was calling to tell me that they were having a sale at the local grocery. I then asked her if the I129 was worth it and she said "well, personally I dont know really"

I am not sure that she is all the familiar with the process with the I-130 even. Luckliy it was time for me to leave school as I got in the car and began sobbing before anyone could even see me.

I know that I have it easier than some people, as was stated that I at least HAVE my NOA-1, but it really angers me that fiances and work visas and other petitions are going along at a great pace when people cannot get their spouses, children, and parents here within a year's time!!

No wonder our economy is bad, we seem to have no sense of priority. No wonder our crime is bad, we seem to have no sense of priority. No wonder people SNEAK ACROSS THE BORDER.

The end.

Shrewdie,

The 6 months processing is for the I-130 to get approved(noa2). So from your Jan 17th date til 6 months past that you are well in the normal processing time for USCIS. Currently they are processing July filers with NOA2s. I heard that USCIS is has a deadline to process all i130s with an noa1 before mid January within the next 3 months. Your date is kinda on the cusp of that so i'm not sure what that means for you. Also the I129f is free to file as of the new fee hike last July for K3 applicants. Although if you go on the K3 boards you may hear about peoples K3 visa being cancelled by USCIS and reverting them back to CR1. Apparently they are trying to phase K3 out. I don't advise going K3 since it has already taken you 3 months to get an NOA1. if you start now, you will be 3-1/2 months behind the curve and that doesn't really help you....especially to end up with an temp visa that requires $1010 to adjust to a permanent visa in 90days of POE. I think CR1 visas are actively being processed right now. i know they were on a hold since August but they went back in the queue starting early January and they have til 3 months from now before they put another hold on them.

Hope this helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shrewdie, Lita - no lie, it is not an easy journey that you face. SG, sometimes you have to cry, let it all out to God and He will help you to realize that you can't do it in your strength, you need His strength. This is probably one of the hardest processes to go through and Lita, is the same thing I said - I looked at that time apart from hubby as training to be the better wife and for him, the better husband that God wants for each of us. Try and occupy your time as much as possible and remember your VJ family is here for you to encourage you through this process. I wished I had found VJ earlier in my journey, but it was right on time!

My dear, it was the hardest part leaving him everytime I went home; #1 - mi neva waan lef Jamaica, much less without him. The amount of tears that fell the night before I left and the next morning - mi dear, cried 4 rivers between the 2 of us. This process is rough and it hard for someone to understand it unless them going through it too.

Hold fast to your faith my dear - remember it won't be this way forever. THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!! (most recently quoted by Gill & maddie)

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

:ot: With that being said JATam, i was wonderng the other day how everyone came to find VJ? I was told about it from a woman a met on another forum who happened to see me mention i met a man in Jamaica. She told me of VJ waaayyy before we were even close to deciding to get married but she surely led me in the right direction. i always wonder where would i be now, if I hadn't found vj. I took 10 months from joining VJ to filing my petition. But I learned so much in that time.

So tell me...how did you all learn about VJ?

Edited by Marlita

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks JG and Kimmy,

My congressman's office called not long after I posted that. Here is what she had to say. "They received your case on January 17 (my date of receipt). The process time is 6 months, but they suggested you pay the additional fees and submit an I-129F. That might be a tad bit faster."

I say "Does that mean the time it is in Vermont, the time it is in the States, what exactly"

She after a pause said "The time it is in Vermont, I would be glad to send you the I-129 form"

That was about it. She gave me that information with about the same expression she would if she was calling to tell me that they were having a sale at the local grocery. I then asked her if the I129 was worth it and she said "well, personally I dont know really"

I am not sure that she is all the familiar with the process with the I-130 even. Luckliy it was time for me to leave school as I got in the car and began sobbing before anyone could even see me.

I know that I have it easier than some people, as was stated that I at least HAVE my NOA-1, but it really angers me that fiances and work visas and other petitions are going along at a great pace when people cannot get their spouses, children, and parents here within a year's time!!

No wonder our economy is bad, we seem to have no sense of priority. No wonder our crime is bad, we seem to have no sense of priority. No wonder people SNEAK ACROSS THE BORDER.

The end.

Shrewdie,

The 6 months processing is for the I-130 to get approved(noa2). So from your Jan 17th date til 6 months past that you are well in the normal processing time for USCIS. Currently they are processing July filers with NOA2s. I heard that USCIS is has a deadline to process all i130s with an noa1 before mid January within the next 3 months. Your date is kinda on the cusp of that so i'm not sure what that means for you. Also the I129f is free to file as of the new fee hike last July for K3 applicants. Although if you go on the K3 boards you may hear about peoples K3 visa being cancelled by USCIS and reverting them back to CR1. Apparently they are trying to phase K3 out. I don't advise going K3 since it has already taken you 3 months to get an NOA1. if you start now, you will be 3-1/2 months behind the curve and that doesn't really help you....especially to end up with an temp visa that requires $1010 to adjust to a permanent visa in 90days of POE. I think CR1 visas are actively being processed right now. i know they were on a hold since August but they went back in the queue starting early January and they have til 3 months from now before they put another hold on them.

Hope this helps.

They're still so behind!!! :huh: Is CSC finally up to August/September? My dad's application was transferred to CSC when I applied for him in July and we got the NOA2 in December. He's already put in Choice of Agent and I am going to pay the AOS bill within the next week.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Thanks JG and Kimmy,

The end.

Shrewdie,

Hope this helps.

They're still so behind!!! :huh: Is CSC finally up to August/September? My dad's application was transferred to CSC when I applied for him in July and we got the NOA2 in December. He's already put in Choice of Agent and I am going to pay the AOS bill within the next week.

You know I saw your timeline on this, and I believe you were truly blessed to get that NOa2 so fast. As I see...they are still approving july filers out of CSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.