Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok guys. I am SO frustrated and this is only the beginning. I dont know how you guys have made it through! I have so much respect for you!!

I filed my CR-1 on October 30.

I received my NOA-1 on January 17

My receipt number is STILL not in the system.

Talked to my senator's office Tuesday. They sent a fax and they will let me know as soon as they know anything. VSC still hasnt faxed them back.

I am still not in the system.

I have to pay taxes for this year.

We have immigration costs.

I may have PCOS.

I cannot bear the thoughts of going to JA this summer and leaving my husband on July 31 to come back to work with no end in sight.

I need help.

Do you ever just reach that point where your faith in God doesnt even seem to console you? I just dont know if I can do it. Everyday it is making me miserable.

Whine over. haha

Yes, been there a time or two. Sometimes after he was here, even.

This is the reason I did not check the computer for touches of any kind. I found when I did not focus on the day to day waiting; but looked more long term, I remained sane. There is little you can do in the whole process.

Just hang in there. It will happen and it will all be okay.

Hugs to you!

JG,

I agree. I signed up to receive updates, but I've not logged in since. I can't deal with the stress. I figure, when they want me to know something I will get an e-mail update. So, I try to find other things to occupy my day and well, the LADIES of VJ keeps me focused.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello all (F)

I have been really sick the last couple of days and missed the beginning of the week from work. I really wished I had net at home because daytime tv sucks and I was bored out of my mind. So I am back here at work although I am still sick. Don't have any sick/vaca days so I can't afford to miss any more. Dealing with stuff in life as well so it was good to get a break from everything but I am glad to be back online. So I will be trying to catch up a bit...I see you have all chatted TONS! Thanks for the PM's and emails (L)

Hey Jamie...hope you feel better soon (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Kimmy and SJB :)

BTW I forgot to add...I have now moved on from my "weary of the duppy guest" phase and being all secretive and worried to the "screw you duppy guest" phase. Don't know why I let it get to me in the first place but I did and I am now over it, learned from it and taken all their power away.

Much Love,

JAMIE :star:

When you live in reaction, you give your power away. Then you get to experience what you gave your power to. ~ N Smith

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hEY Yardie..nice to see...of course di one Gill di a worry har head.... :yes: happy ur doing better :thumbs:

Ohh Hush KimKim...yuh doan knoa yuh were worried tuh! ;) - Keep playing deh Toughie...(shhh yuh doan fool mi a BIT!!!) :hehe:

:dance:WELCOME BACK YARDIE!!!!! :dance::dance: YOU WERE MISSED :dance: CHICA!!!! I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!!!

Love ya,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hEY Yardie..nice to see...of course di one Gill di a worry har head.... :yes: happy ur doing better :thumbs:

Ohh Hush KimKim...yuh doan knoa yuh were worried tuh! ;) - Keep playing deh Toughie...(shhh yuh doan fool mi a BIT!!!) :hehe:

:dance:WELCOME BACK YARDIE!!!!! :dance::dance: YOU WERE MISSED :dance: CHICA!!!! I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!!!

Love ya,

Gill

HAHAAAA..u done doan !!!

Thanks Kimmy and SJB :)

BTW I forgot to add...I have now moved on from my "weary of the duppy guest" phase and being all secretive and worried to the "screw you duppy guest" phase. Don't know why I let it get to me in the first place but I did and I am now over it, learned from it and taken all their power away.

Much Love,

JAMIE :star:

When you live in reaction, you give your power away. Then you get to experience what you gave your power to. ~ N Smith

LOVE IT...JAMIE...THAT IS FABULOUS...NO MEK NOBODY FEEL DEM HAVE NO POWER OVA U...A UR LIFE NO MEK NO BODY MEK U LIVE IT INNA SECRET ....SCREW U DUPPY..WI NO FRAIDA A YUH !!! :angry:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Will ask my husband what he does.

We live in MD but he works in DC.....

Looks like I should FINALLY have the AOS package out by tomorrow...Just have to get the affidavits of support notarized and pick up the medical forms from the civil surgeon....

I sooooo badly want to work....Just keeping kicking myself about taking so long to do it.....Even if we get everything off this week, will probably be getting the EAD in MAY :(

What happened, JAE? I thought you were taking a year of maternity leave.

I am getting paid for 18 months of maternity leave, but I still want to work during it!

We need a deposit for a house etc....Hate the thought I'm 'wasting' time at home while I could be working.

Again, hubby is home until 3pm so he can look after the baby until then.

My MIL retires soon, so she would be overjoyed to keep the baby for us too.

The only downside about working now is that I can't get references from the UK until after the first year of maternity leave has finished.

Finally mailed the package off!!

Well hubby is as we speak lol....

Just realised that it's EXACTLY a year since we started the whole process, kinda spooky...

The civil surgeon charged $50 for both medical supplements, picked them up this morning :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Will ask my husband what he does.

We live in MD but he works in DC.....

Looks like I should FINALLY have the AOS package out by tomorrow...Just have to get the affidavits of support notarized and pick up the medical forms from the civil surgeon....

I sooooo badly want to work....Just keeping kicking myself about taking so long to do it.....Even if we get everything off this week, will probably be getting the EAD in MAY :(

What happened, JAE? I thought you were taking a year of maternity leave.

I am getting paid for 18 months of maternity leave, but I still want to work during it!

We need a deposit for a house etc....Hate the thought I'm 'wasting' time at home while I could be working.

Again, hubby is home until 3pm so he can look after the baby until then.

My MIL retires soon, so she would be overjoyed to keep the baby for us too.

The only downside about working now is that I can't get references from the UK until after the first year of maternity leave has finished.

Finally mailed the package off!!

Well hubby is as we speak lol....

Just realised that it's EXACTLY a year since we started the whole process, kinda spooky...

The civil surgeon charged $50 for both medical supplements, picked them up this morning :)

GOOD FUH YUH JAEngy ;) ...mi nuh blame yuh a BIT!!!!!! I here yuh bout the deposit bizniz!!! Hevery likkle bit helps yah! Why siddung a wait pon sittin' when yuh can guh out han gitti yuhself!!

RESPECT!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

Wow 18-months...mi happi fi u...and jealous same way.........I wouldn't mind being on maternity leave for 18 years

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Wow 18-months...mi happi fi u...and jealous same way.........I wouldn't mind being on maternity leave for 18 years

me eida..mi woulda luv..so mi can save and buy mi HOUSE tuh :yes::yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Funniest ting, mi did work out seh if mi did breed by end a Feb, dem woulda haffi continue pay fi di NEX pickney widout mi having fi guh back a work :lol: :lol: :lol:

But nah, mi nuh intend fi breed fi di nex 7 years again lol

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

Funniest ting, mi did work out seh if mi did breed by end a Feb, dem woulda haffi continue pay fi di NEX pickney widout mi having fi guh back a work :lol: :lol: :lol:

lawd Mention dat deh too long...u oldest a big man by den :lol:

Timeline

Thanks JG and Kimmy,

My congressman's office called not long after I posted that. Here is what she had to say. "They received your case on January 17 (my date of receipt). The process time is 6 months, but they suggested you pay the additional fees and submit an I-129F. That might be a tad bit faster."

I said, "Processing time - what exactly does that mean?"

She replied "The time it will take for the I-130 petition"

I say "Does that mean the time it is in Vermont, the time it is in the States, what exactly"

She after a pause said "The time it is in Vermont, I would be glad to send you the I-129 form"

That was about it. She gave me that information with about the same expression she would if she was calling to tell me that they were having a sale at the local grocery. I then asked her if the I129 was worth it and she said "well, personally I dont know really"

I am not sure that she is all the familiar with the process with the I-130 even. Luckliy it was time for me to leave school as I got in the car and began sobbing before anyone could even see me.

I know that I have it easier than some people, as was stated that I at least HAVE my NOA-1, but it really angers me that fiances and work visas and other petitions are going along at a great pace when people cannot get their spouses, children, and parents here within a year's time!!

No wonder our economy is bad, we seem to have no sense of priority. No wonder our crime is bad, we seem to have no sense of priority. No wonder people SNEAK ACROSS THE BORDER.

The end.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

lawd Mention dat deh too long...u oldest a big man by den :lol:

Dyaam right, him can tek care a it den :lol: :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.