Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG....I have to tell you this.....Last night, we were watching Monk reruns. Monk's wife died in a car bombing and he's still mourning her, years after her death. He keeps her stuff just like it was, talks to her, yada, yada, yada. At one point, I was all teary eyed and I said awwwww.....if I died would you still remember me like that. He said, first thing I would do is throw all your stuff out so I would have room to buy more shoes.

I said....oh, that is it. I am not shipping your body back to JA. And, we are having open casket.....I am dressing you in a red hat, blue shirt, plaid puple shorts, and green shoes!!!! He sucked teeth at me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ...Good fuh yuh JG...give it back just as much as you take it!! You two are too much!! :lol::lol:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok here is my new issue.... :lol: i seem to have many of these lately....this one deals with taxes......

ok i just got my w2 from my old employer......i looked at it to see where she paid my taxes too and it was to pa...well i lived in Delaware....so that is my first issue...how would i go about filling it or am i making it harder then it needs to be???

2nd i am filling mike's with mine and his would be filled for Delaware....so how do i go about doing this??? i think i am worried about all the paperwork as well as maybe habing to pay extra....so any help would be great.....i think i might just go to h&r block and see what they have to say....

I worked in an accounting office too. Jengles is correct.

You will file federal, the state of Delaware & the state of PA. One of them will credit the amount paid to the other. So, you will technically only be paying taxes on the amount of money you made in each state.

St. Louis is right on the Illinois border. It happens all the time to people here.

I would suggest you see a good tax preparer for it this year.

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Same here, I lived and worked in 2 different states. I would file federal for the state I live and state for the state I live plus the one I work. I would get back 3 checks usually though not all the time..u'll be fine..ur account should be able to direct if not u need someone else :yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Will ask my husband what he does.

We live in MD but he works in DC.....

Looks like I should FINALLY have the AOS package out by tomorrow...Just have to get the affidavits of support notarized and pick up the medical forms from the civil surgeon....

I sooooo badly want to work....Just keeping kicking myself about taking so long to do it.....Even if we get everything off this week, will probably be getting the EAD in MAY :(

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Looks like I should FINALLY have the AOS package out by tomorrow...Just have to get the affidavits of support notarized and pick up the medical forms from the civil surgeon....

I sooooo badly want to work....Just keeping kicking myself about taking so long to do it.....Even if we get everything off this week, will probably be getting the EAD in MAY :(

:dance: :dance: i didn't like the aos packet....just so much paperwork.....hopefully you will be getting the ead soon!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

it only took mr jengles about six weeks to get his EAD so there is hope, u'll get it sooner.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

What happened, JAE? I thought you were taking a year of maternity leave.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Good Mawning Carib Fam,

I hope everyone had a good night!!

Too all my expectant or soon to be expectant Mama's out there...please make sure you are taking a multi-vitamin containing Folic Acid!!! I was watching the 'Today' show and a new study came out that all women of child-bearing age who are or looking to become pregnant should be taking Folic Acid daily. It cuts the chances of birth defects in HALF!!!

OK, just spreading the word...on to the chuckle!

Have a good day Fam!!!

Bless,

Gill

********************************************************************************

Jamaican Government Workers

These two Jamaican government workers were working along the roadside.

One man would dig a hole two or three feet deep and then move on. The other man came along behind him and filled in the hole. While one was digging a new hole, the other was 25 feet behind filling in the hole. The men worked right past the guy with the soft drink and went on down the road. "I can't stand this," said the man tossing the can into a trash container and heading down the road toward the men.

A befuddled onlooker went to men and said: "Hold it, hold it. "Can you tell me what's going on here with all this digging and refilling?"

"Well, we work for the government and we're just dong our job," one of the men said.

"But one of you is digging a hole and the other fills it up. You're not accomplishing anything. Aren't you wasting the taxpayers' money?"

"You don't understand, mister," one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. "Normally there's three of us: me, Elmer and Leroy. I dig the hole, Elmer sticks in the tree and Leroy, here, puts the dirt back. Now just because Elmer's sick, that don't mean that Leroy and me can't work."

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Good Mawning Carib Fam,

I hope everyone had a good night!!

Too all my expectant or soon to be expectant Mama's out there...please make sure you are taking a multi-vitamin containing Folic Acid!!! I was watching the 'Today' show and a new study came out that all women of child-bearing age who are or looking to become pregnant should be taking Folic Acid daily. It cuts the chances of birth defects in HALF!!!

OK, just spreading the word...on to the chuckle!

Have a good day Fam!!!

Bless,

Gill

:yes: taking my 2 flinstones a day....

Timeline

Ok guys. I am SO frustrated and this is only the beginning. I dont know how you guys have made it through! I have so much respect for you!!

I filed my CR-1 on October 30.

I received my NOA-1 on January 17

My receipt number is STILL not in the system.

Talked to my senator's office Tuesday. They sent a fax and they will let me know as soon as they know anything. VSC still hasnt faxed them back.

I am still not in the system.

I have to pay taxes for this year.

We have immigration costs.

I may have PCOS.

I cannot bear the thoughts of going to JA this summer and leaving my husband on July 31 to come back to work with no end in sight.

I need help.

Do you ever just reach that point where your faith in God doesnt even seem to console you? I just dont know if I can do it. Everyday it is making me miserable.

Whine over. haha

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Ok guys. I am SO frustrated and this is only the beginning. I dont know how you guys have made it through! I have so much respect for you!!

I filed my CR-1 on October 30.

I received my NOA-1 on January 17

My receipt number is STILL not in the system.

Talked to my senator's office Tuesday. They sent a fax and they will let me know as soon as they know anything. VSC still hasnt faxed them back.

I am still not in the system.

I have to pay taxes for this year.

We have immigration costs.

I may have PCOS.

I cannot bear the thoughts of going to JA this summer and leaving my husband on July 31 to come back to work with no end in sight.

I need help.

Do you ever just reach that point where your faith in God doesnt even seem to console you? I just dont know if I can do it. Everyday it is making me miserable.

Whine over. haha

Yes, been there a time or two. Sometimes after he was here, even.

This is the reason I did not check the computer for touches of any kind. I found when I did not focus on the day to day waiting; but looked more long term, I remained sane. There is little you can do in the whole process.

Just hang in there. It will happen and it will all be okay.

Hugs to you!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Shrewdy...all u gotta do is wait..there are many ppl waiting long before so there is nothing u can do...some ppl have been waiting for an interview since Novemer add that to all the waiting they did before the case was complete...just find something to take ur mind off of it and relax

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all (F)

I have been really sick the last couple of days and missed the beginning of the week from work. I really wished I had net at home because daytime tv sucks and I was bored out of my mind. So I am back here at work although I am still sick. Don't have any sick/vaca days so I can't afford to miss any more. Dealing with stuff in life as well so it was good to get a break from everything but I am glad to be back online. So I will be trying to catch up a bit...I see you have all chatted TONS! Thanks for the PM's and emails (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.