Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Funny thing is I was just saying that to my husband yesterday...There is NO way we could have managed with me not working for so long...Luckily I'm still on maternity leave/vacation until 2009, so that gives us a head start.....

For those of you in the MD area, the roads are no longer safe....

I had my first driving lesson yesterday, BEWARE :whistle: :whistle:

Really like my instructor, he didn't bat an eyelid when I told him that a) I have difficulty telling knowing which was is left and right (have to think about it) and also was used to being on the opposite side of the road!

Scariest thing for me was being on the major roads and having to go at 55mph :unsure:

I'll have to keep that in mind JaEnglish, next time I visit my sister in DC!!! BTW...what part of Md. are you in again...(the color, make, & model of your car would be good too) :lol::lol::lol:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

**********WEDNESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Happy Wednesday All,

:dance: Half-way through the work week!! :dance: Hopefully so far it's been a good one! :thumbs:

Enjoy,

Gill

Ginnal Job Application

My Brethren, Ginnal, applied for an engineering position at a Kingston based firm. A Trini Engineer applied for the same job and both applicants having the same qualifications were asked to take a test by the department manager.

Upon completion of the test, the manager went to Ginnal and said, “Thank you for your interest, but we’ve decided to give the man from Trinidad the

job.”

Ginnal asked, “Suh why yu do dat? Boat a wi get nine questions rite. Dis is Jumaika,and me is Jumaikan, A me shudda get de wuk!”

The manager said, “We have made our decision, not on the correct answers, but rather on the question that you both missed.”

Ginnal asked, “An how in the name of Jesus yu decide sey one wrong answer betta dan de adda ?”

The manager replied, “Simple. The Trini boy put down on question #5, ‘I don’t know.’ and you put down,

‘Me nuh know eda.’”

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good News!

As of yesterday, a visa has been printed for Milan's husband. I am pretty sure that he should receive it today. :dance: No word on my husband's visa yet.

I just wanted to say how great my congressman is. I only filed my I130 at the end of October and he is already contacting the VSC because I havent heard anything (even though it is normal that I havent heard). I just know he will be a great help and it makes me hopeful that this process can gain more speed than I expect!! I just pray that we all get SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good mornin, all. Thanks for the joke, Gill, nice to smile first thing in the mornin.

You know, I was reading thru all the guys acting up when they got here, and I must say, Lake has been a real jewel as far as not ever acting up. We do have our arguments, well...I argue and he I THINK listens, lol, but I dont think any of your men have had to deal with what poor Lake has to deal with and still be sane. We live with my mother, who is 81 and she is a bit territorial. Mom and I had bought the house together 20 years ago, so its partly mine too (one reason we didnt move out) and as she gets older, she is getting crankier and crankier. Sometimes she gets mad at Lake just becuz he is cooking in the kitchen when SHE wants to cook, or for no reason at all. Luckily he is Indian, and its common for families to all live together, but she sure does NOT make it easy, even now after over 2 years. And then we also live with my older sister, her hubby died 5 years ago and we had her move in at that time.

Not only that, but we dont have a car, and mom will NOT let Lake drive her 25 year old car. So the poor guy has absolutely NO independence whatsoever. I dont think I would still be here if I were him. I have to drive him everwhere. He DOES have a bicycle, and I think that IS a release when things get bad he goes for a ride, but Mom makes it hard, becuz sometimes, darnit it would be nice to have him be able to run to the store to get stuff, or if I dont feel well he could take himself to work. Even when i have been really really sick with the flu, she wouldnt relent and I still had to take him last winter, had to drag myself out with a fever an all. So she can be quite obstinate.

I love her to pieces and when she was younger, she was a different woman than she is now. Sometimes I lament and really really miss my old mom, the woman I had so many laughs with over the years and I don't always know who this woman is that replaced my real mom. :crying:

Well, didnt mean to get on a roll, but you can always tell your hubby's, well...it COULD be worse...we could be livin with my family and they could not approve of you and we could be without a vehicle you could drive and...etc. lol

Tonya, my heart went out to you at your post. Hang in there, its so hard when a part of your heart is gone like that, it leaves such a gaping hole. Hugs to you, girl.

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline
Kimmy - so what she want him to file and give her money??? Mr jengles has been here since august

Yup they have a megaphone and he claims they are calling so they don't lose the minutes.

He left a taxi down there to help his kids and us out and left his little brother to drive it. Well so far mr jengles hasn't seen a penny. every day the brother call claiming something wrong with the car. as to the reason why he can't give up any money. mr jengles left him in his house and he got nerve to be calling up here saying the light gonna get turned off.

then we have the cousin that calls every day to rat on the brother (who is clearly worthless) what time he getting out of bed, he got people in the house yada yada yada.

I can't take it anymore and to make a long story short the damn brother mashed up the car yesterday. so kids now have zero income

WHAT!!!!!???!!!!! :angry::ranting: Ok, dat type of FOOLISHNESS would drive me CRAZY!!!! 'im 'ave some dyam pissa cheek!!!!! Chat bout light a guh lackoff!! :angry::angry: Bwoy, Mistress Jengles...mi wouldda cuss im rahtid bradda til 'im head spin!!! :wacko: Yuh see dat...yuh see when yuh try fi 'elp out family!!!! Bwoy, mi hate fi seh it but yuh wouldda betta hire a driva fi run deh taxi fi yuh!!

Ken is gonna duh deh same ting. Run a taxi when 'im come hup and mi done tell 'im arready. Nuh even tink bout 'ave henny of yuh brodda dem run it!! Im seh..."Ooman, yuh mad? Mi waan fi MEK a money, nuh fi dem TEK mi money!!" Deh same driva 'im 'ave run it now ah guh run it when 'im come hup! I sent down contracts for him fi sign as far as making deposits, his share and so forth!!

It's a DYAM disgrace when yuh cyaan even truss yuh hown family fi wuk WID yuh fi build sittin'!!! SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRPSSSSSS <lang dutty kiss teet> :angry:

that stinks. I think we re going to have to deal with that when we leave to. We are starting a taxi the ebginning of this month and we want to continue to run it there too, but am worried about how we will manage it from here.

About how much did you guys make running taxi?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline
that stinks. I think we re going to have to deal with that when we leave to. We are starting a taxi the ebginning of this month and we want to continue to run it there too, but am worried about how we will manage it from here.

Hey Shrewdie,

Dem can mek a nice pissa change still. Anywhere between $500-1200 JA. per day. What we do is, Ken has him run it for him 5 days and 1 day is deh drivas portion. The guy we have has been absolutely amazing. Very professional and ON POINT wid deh funds! When Ken comes up we will move it to a 4-2 day ratio, because the guy is so good. We don't want to lose him. Plus he will be doing extra errands like bank deposits for us and dropping off piece to Ken's brothers. The only problem is when deh ride break down...but thus far it's been minor.

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- That's great news about the I-130!! :thumbs:

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

My problem is the Mega phone my husbands friends call him evryday 3and 4 times a day and they talk from sun up till sun down. What amazes me more then anything is that he feels like this is ok. His statement is BABES I AM HERE AT HOME WITH YOU, I AM NOT MESSING AROUND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I try to explained that just because you are here with me doesn't mean that we are spending time together BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!

I don't know. I kinda feel for the guy in this situation. I always try and put myself in the other persons shoes. I think about if I was to move to JA and my family just stopped calling and needing me so much (even if i coudn't do anything for them) I would feel sad and lonely. As if the people who I grew up with and all my family just up and forgot about me. So I think its nice that they call. maybe the calls can get excessive, but if its just to chat and talk about their day to day lives, i completely understand. This move is a hard one for everyone, not just your husband. His friends and family will miss his presence so i guess they are also adjusting. I'm sure your guy misses the random chatter with his boys so just the talk on the phone with him probably does him alot of good. I could see myself getting depressed if i moved to another country where no one talked like me and I wasnt really close to but one or 2 other people.

I'm sure all the calls are just apart of the adjustment status.

Marlita

Hi I felt the same way at first tried to be understanding, tried to have empathy. I really don't mine the calls but when it interfers with day to day life my patience wears a little thin. Example, we can be out eating dinner and someone calls he stops eating leaves the table and goes outside and talks leaving me alone for 30-40 mins.(2) We are grocery shopping he stops putting the groceries in the car because he gets a call. (3) I have only everyother weekend off, The calls start rolling in at 6am and he stays on the phone till midnight. This has gone beyond excessive. Cell phone bills in excess of 300.00 to 400.00 dollars. In my area Jamaican are everywhere you turn, he is also on the Jamaican soccer league here.

He has family here and friends. He has been here a year, it takes adjusting for everyone. Now I just leave on my days off to keep peace because I know I am going to say something about that D#$M Phone.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline

Hey Shrewdie,

Dem can mek a nice pissa change still. Anywhere between $500-1200 JA. per day. What we do is, Ken has him run it for him 5 days and 1 day is deh drivas portion. The guy we have has been absolutely amazing. Very professional and ON POINT wid deh funds! When Ken comes up we will move it to a 4-2 day ratio, because the guy is so good. We don't want to lose him. Plus he will be doing extra errands like bank deposits for us and dropping off piece to Ken's brothers. The only problem is when deh ride break down...but thus far it's been minor.

Bless,

Gill

Hey Gill,

thanks! Two guys we asked told me that we can make about 8,000 JA a day. I thought that might be a killing. These were two guys that dont even know each other..maybe it depends where you live? I am hoping they are right. hmm...

Where do you guys run taxi?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Hey Shrewdie,

Bless,

Gill

Hey Gill,

thanks! Two guys we asked told me that we can make about 8,000 JA a day. I thought that might be a killing. These were two guys that dont even know each other..maybe it depends where you live? I am hoping they are right. hmm...

Yes Shrewdie,

You're right...I stink at Math :lol: ...around $100 US dollars a day is what I was going for!(which is equivilent to $7000...duh) We run between Mo Bay - Falmouth (trelawny). But it's a hustle cause dem pack up deh people like sardines fi mek dem $$. I don't even use the taxi when I go down. We usually just rent a car...cause my big body likes SPACE!!! :jest:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Hey Shrewdie,

Bless,

Gill

Hey Gill,

Yes Shrewdie,

You're right...I stink at Math :lol: ...around $100 US dollars a day is what I was going for!(which is equivilent to $7000...duh) We run between Mo Bay - Falmouth (trelawny). But it's a hustle cause dem pack up deh people like sardines fi mek dem $$. I don't even use the taxi when I go down. We usually just rent a car...cause my big body likes SPACE!!! :jest:

Bless,

Gill

Shew!! Good!!! Woo hoo! I am really looking forward to him having that extra income!!

I know, right. When we ever take a taxi we usually charter so we are the only pple they pick up. We know a lot of taxi drivers so I think thats why we do that. but NOW we will have our own car so. yay!

Thanks for the great advice!!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Timeline

Tonya, I know that this is a tough time. Without the support of friends, family & VJ members- I would have lost my mind. Try to be as active as possible. Perhaps you could volunteer at a shelter or visit a spa. I will be praying for you.

Mrs. Scott

Good Morning All,

I just called the NVC this morning....... :crying:......I was hoping so bad that hubby would be home with me and 14yo for Christmas........

Christmas is such a hard time of year for me anyway because my 18yo son was tragically killed in an automobile accident in June 2005........From Thanksgiving until after Christmas, it is so hard on me.....

I started getting out my Christmas decorations on Sunday morning before church and got upset and crying......pulled myself together.......went to church and cried some more.......

But everything will be ok.......God does not put more on your shoulders than you can bear........

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Filed: Timeline

Update- Hubby's visa

Kevin received a call from the courier. He will have his visa by this afternoon. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I would like to thank all of my VJ members, especially JaLove aka Kim, USA Jamaica aka Jenice, Deyoungting aka Gill, Ja Tam aka Tamieka, Jawi aka Shirley & Milan. I have only met two of you in person, but I feel like we are relatives. I will be busy for the next few days, but I will be in touch. :pop:

Timeline
Update- Hubby's visa

Kevin received a call from the courier. He will have his visa by this afternoon. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I would like to thank all of my VJ members, especially JaLove aka Kim, USA Jamaica aka Jenice, Deyoungting aka Gill, Ja Tam aka Tamieka, Jawi aka Shirley & Milan. I have only met two of you in person, but I feel like we are relatives. I will be busy for the next few days, but I will be in touch. :pop:

Ke-Ke,

:dance:WOOOOHOOOOO :dance: ...I'm sure you will be 'busy' ;) for the next few days...I'd be 'busy' too!! :lol::lol: Enjoy it Chica...Lawd knows you have worked HARD for this moment!!! Please don't thank us...as friends thats what we do!!! Many many MANY blessings to you and Kevin :luv::luv: !!!

Don't be a stranger now!! :no:

Blessed (L)(L)(L) always,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Shrewdie,

Bless,

Gill

Deyoungting, where is the taxi driving - I thought the average rate is $2500 - $3000 a day and the driver keeps the rest of the day and gets one whole day for himself.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Shrewdie,

Bless,

Gill

Hey Gill,

Yes Shrewdie,

Bless,

Gill

ok I see, this is a much longer route than mr jengles taxi, his goes round town as he would say. or at least it used too.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.