Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nanny,

I have front loaders too. You have to use something that states HE on it, first and foremost. Regular detergents make too much suds in HE washers and this will cause problems for you.

I have always used just normal HE detergents. My kids were not allergic.

If concerned, you should probably use something with no scent that says allergen free or something of that sort.

JG,

Ya'll teach me somethin everyday. That explains a lot. Guess I better go read the manuals properly.

More then.............the reason they make too much suds is that the newer front loaders are built to sense the actual load in the washer and adjust how much water is needed to wash and rinse your clothes. Thus, the name High Efficiency (HE).

Besides having to buy a different detergent, I don't see too much difference. I do like that when they come out of the washer, they have spun so much that they are not dripping with water. That is the biggest plus for me. Takes so much less time to dry.

I'd never go back to top loaders!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Nanny,

I have front loaders too. You have to use something that states HE on it, first and foremost. Regular detergents make too much suds in HE washers and this will cause problems for you.

I have always used just normal HE detergents. My kids were not allergic.

If concerned, you should probably use something with no scent that says allergen free or something of that sort.

JG,

Ya'll teach me somethin everyday. That explains a lot. Guess I better go read the manuals properly.

More then.............the reason they make too much suds is that the newer front loaders are built to sense the actual load in the washer and adjust how much water is needed to wash and rinse your clothes. Thus, the name High Efficiency (HE).

Besides having to buy a different detergent, I don't see too much difference. I do like that when they come out of the washer, they have spun so much that they are not dripping with water. That is the biggest plus for me. Takes so much less time to dry.

I'd never go back to top loaders!

i love that most of the clothes come out pretty much already dry.....it is so nice!!! it is even better on a nice warm day the clothes dry so fast!!

Timeline

OMG....I have to tell you this.....Last night, we were watching Monk reruns. Monk's wife died in a car bombing and he's still mourning her, years after her death. He keeps her stuff just like it was, talks to her, yada, yada, yada. At one point, I was all teary eyed and I said awwwww.....if I died would you still remember me like that. He said, first thing I would do is throw all your stuff out so I would have room to buy more shoes.

I said....oh, that is it. I am not shipping your body back to JA. And, we are having open casket.....I am dressing you in a red hat, blue shirt, plaid puple shorts, and green shoes!!!! He sucked teeth at me.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
OMG....I have to tell you this.....Last night, we were watching Monk reruns. Monk's wife died in a car bombing and he's still mourning her, years after her death. He keeps her stuff just like it was, talks to her, yada, yada, yada. At one point, I was all teary eyed and I said awwwww.....if I died would you still remember me like that. He said, first thing I would do is throw all your stuff out so I would have room to buy more shoes.

I said....oh, that is it. I am not shipping your body back to JA. And, we are having open casket.....I am dressing you in a red hat, blue shirt, plaid puple shorts, and green shoes!!!! He sucked teeth at me.

DWLLLLLLLLLLLLL

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

OMG......sounds like somthing mike would have said.....

Filed: Other Timeline
:ot:

BTW.....One immigration lawyer told us that when we file the I-130 for my husbands daughter; we will most likey be required to submit an offical DNA test, and recommended we try adoption. He referred us to another immigration adoption lawyer that told us it will be nearly impossible to adopt my husband's daughter due to the fact my husband lives in the states and we are married. So her chances of coming up isn't looking very well. My husband is very upset about it. He can deal with the fact the girl is not his, but on top of that her not being able to come live with us because of it is really tearing him up inside. :blush: He wants me to go ahead and file the paperwork anyway,(holding on the the bit of hope JATam offered) hoping we get some out of the ordinary immigration person. Who will let her through wit jus his name being on the BC.

I don't see what is so difficult about it. Being that he has been her "father" in every sense of the word, all her life, is on the birth certificate, and if the mother agrees to it.........I just don't see why it would be so impossible. Probably lots of paperwork, I'm sure that's a give. But, still............

Don't let someone telling you the word "impossible" deter you. You guys have got to try.

Prayers for you!

AMEN!!! :thumbs: Well Said JG!!

Brownie, NOTHING is impossible with G-D!! You know how I stay arready...nothing ventured...nothing gained! File and see...

Bless-ed love,

Gill

There comes a time in every woman's life when she has to take a close look at herself. Not at her circumstance, not at what she did, not how unfair life is, or not at whom made you do it. She has to just look at herself in all her glory and imperfection.

Have you ever admired a woman who has been through changes in her life? Or have you made up in your mind that she is just messed up. Before you make this mistake, take a closer look. A woman who has endured the most unusual life is someone of wisdom, someone who has been chosen by God to go through things that have made her stronger.

Think of all the great women in the bible: Mary Magdalene, Ruth and Naomi, the woman with an issue of blood flow, and Esther, to name a few. Mary was a prostitute, a very uneasy woman. But by the time Jesus was done with her, she was His closest follower. Esther was unfortunate in marrying an abusive man, but by the time God was done with her, she had married one of the wealthiest men in the land.

Women are so quick to beat the next one down instead of trying to hold her up. Before you wonder, "What's up with her?" ask yourself, "What's up with me?" That woman could be my mother, sister, aunt, in-law, stepmother, niece, grandmother, great-grandmother, neighbor, friend, or co-worker, etc. That woman could be me. Women are the carriers of life, not the channels of death. Let's build and encourage each other, as did Ruth and Naomi.

Pass this to all the women in your life. Encourage and Love, Forgive and Forget, and trust that the woman that receives this will be touched in some way.

May peace and love be upon you.

Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but FAITH looks up

That's beautiful Jengy...Thanks for sharing!

(L) , Gill

Thanks Guys......JG..She wants 200$ jus to tell me bout the nearly part :blink: I'm like i'm not given you 200 bucks just to tell me it's not going to work. Com on give me a break. I'll pay who ever offers me the most information up front.

I do plan on trying.......

Jengs that was nice tanks, it's soo true.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

BrnSkn.....Now, you know from this site......you can do a lot of research on your own. We are looking to adopt our orphaned nephew as soon as we are in a position to do that. I looked up all kinds of stuff on adopting from Jamaica. It was pretty understandable. I was thinking I can do this......I would just have to make a few trips to JA for some of it. A lot I can do from here......that's what I remember saying to myself.

Start there with some research and see where it takes you. Maybe you don't need a lawyer till the very end and just for some paperwork.

You CAN do this.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
A St Lucian Fireman

After a few minutes the wife yelled out Bell four!

An what de hell is bell four? The fireman yelled. She replied “Roll out more hose man, roll out more hose. You aint nowhere near de fire!”

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: Mi luv ie...mi ah ded ova yah...

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Dee - as Gill and Kelly already stated put it through. I know every case is different, but I tell you, my step-sister was sworn in for her citizenship just last year and she got it through my mom filing for her after finding out she was not my stepfather's biological child. I am praying for you guys (L)(F)

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Other Timeline
Dee - as Gill and Kelly already stated put it through. I know every case is different, but I tell you, my step-sister was sworn in for her citizenship just last year and she got it through my mom filing for her after finding out she was not my stepfather's biological child. I am praying for you guys (L)(F)

I'm mailing her application on Friday....Thanks for the prayers we are going to need them. :unsure:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

I'm mailing her application on Friday....Thanks for the prayers we are going to need them. :unsure:

Mi know, especially considering that you will not be at ease until she is here.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

ok here is my new issue.... :lol: i seem to have many of these lately....this one deals with taxes......

ok i just got my w2 from my old employer......i looked at it to see where she paid my taxes too and it was to pa...well i lived in Delaware....so that is my first issue...how would i go about filling it or am i making it harder then it needs to be???

2nd i am filling mike's with mine and his would be filled for Delaware....so how do i go about doing this??? i think i am worried about all the paperwork as well as maybe habing to pay extra....so any help would be great.....i think i might just go to h&r block and see what they have to say....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
**********WEDNESDAY CHUCKLE**********

GOOOOOOD MAWNING FAM!!!

:dance: HAPPY HUMP DAY YA'LL!!!! :dance: ...two fi guh!

Congratulations are in store for our Sistren, Gwen (Stefani) han har husband Gavin expecting their second child! I don't know why, but mi jus LOVE har!! She is so into Jamaica too!! :luv:

Irie Cat this one is for you!! :thumbs:

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!! MAKE IT A GOOD ONE!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

A St Lucian Fireman

A St Lucian fireman came home from work one day and said to his wife “y”know sumthing, we have a wonderful new system at de fire station…

Bell 1 rings - we put on our jackets

Bell 2 rings - we slide down de pole

Bell 3 rings - we jump on de engine and we’s ready to go

From now on when I says “Bell One” me want you to strip naked. When I says “Bell two” you jump on de bed. When I says “Bell three” we’s gonna make love all tru de night.

The next night he came home and shouted Bell one and she stripped naked Bell two and she jumped on the bed Bell three and they started to make love.

After a few minutes the wife yelled out Bell four!

An what de hell is bell four? The fireman yelled. She replied “Roll out more hose man, roll out more hose. You aint nowhere near de fire!”

:lol::lol: Dat is too funny!!

Congrats Gwen (Stefani) :dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.