Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I really hope no matter who becomes President that Healthcare becomes a priority.

i hope so too....

i will probably be boring people with this info but....just to go to the hospital i will have to pay 1,000...that is just for the hospital.....then for the group that i am going through it is like 2,300...and that is for a natural birth if i need a c-section i can add on about 500 more....that doesn't include blood work, ultrasounds or any other test that i may need....looking at all these numbers just makes me crazy....

You don't have "state hospital' or a "teaching hospital" you can go to for prenatal care/ delivery? When I was just on the verge of having my baby and at the point where I made too much money for public assistance and had no health care. I went to one of these places and was put on a sliding scale for the prenatal visits and the delivery. I ended up not having to pay for any of it, as I was able to qualify for medicade in the end. I recieved excellent care, was very satisfied with the over all experience. The care is completed by students over seen by doctors, it wasn't bad at all. I sometimes saw a student, sometimes a doctor, the person overseeing was in my delivery, so it wasn't like there were a bunch of stranges...not that I care...I never saw the people again away after the birth....that's just too much money to be paying out of pocket :blink:

it is a teaching hospital...my dr. is a resident...i have yet to see anyone who has been out of school....

I thought those numbers ooked pretty low still....I wouldn't stress your self too much, if I becomes too much, it's not like they can't and won't treat you. Most hospitals are good a setting up payment plans. At our hospital we take care of indengent. Everybody has medicade or medicare, nothing at at all. Not saying it's a good thing but noones turned away.

i know it just hard when you go from one place where everything was fine and worked out and everything was covered then to move and nothing is covered.....it's just hard....

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Good point.....and what about clinics? Do you have like a family healthcare clinic? We have those here. Same thing.....sliding scale and all that.

The thing is NG, the baby needs so many visits in that first year, too.

It's something to be working out now.

it is a clinic....and the dr that i see will also see the baby after she is born as well as me....

It should be easier to get medicade after the baby's born. They might then be able to back pay three months and include the delivery. This is what happened in my case. You can still make a considerable amount and get assistance. sometimes they even require you to pay a copay if you are way over the limit...it has been 6 years since I gave birth tho. There jus has to be other options

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I really hope no matter who becomes President that Healthcare becomes a priority.

i hope so too....

i will probably be boring people with this info but....just to go to the hospital i will have to pay 1,000...that is just for the hospital.....then for the group that i am going through it is like 2,300...and that is for a natural birth if i need a c-section i can add on about 500 more....that doesn't include blood work, ultrasounds or any other test that i may need....looking at all these numbers just makes me crazy....

That is crazy and doesn't make sense. New york state has a medicaid program for pregnant women. Do a search on your state.

Irie cat - thanks for the link. Children should not be un-insured. I belive your state should have offered you a sliding scale based program for your daughter.

Gill - No problem anytime u want the soapbox - its yours for the taking. Just let me know and next time I wil dust it off for you.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey girls.

I just talked to Sarah. She said her and Marlon are doing well. He got his EAD today and both are thrilled. Driver's license is next. She also got a new job. She sounds so happy.

Again, she promised she would post some pictures. All I said was yah, right!

She should be getting a new computer and the internet again, so she'll be on when she can.

JG,

Please tell Sarah I said "Hello" and am SOOOOOOOO happy to hear about her and Marlon!!! P.S.- She has been promising pictures and getting new computer...FOREVER!!!! :lol: How's Luvtravlin' & Rhonda doing?

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:

Good Morning Yardie Family,

I just got back from Jamaica last night. The first time I had seen my dear husband since March. We stayed in Negril and had a wonderful time. Just wish I didn't have to leave him! But hopefully we will be getting an interview soon and he will be home for good. Everyone have a great day!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

:dance: WELCOME BACK TONYA!!! :dance: Happy to hear you traveled home and back safely!! How was Yard...as a matter of fact don't tell mi...I doan waan fi knoa!! :crying::lol::crying::lol: Gurl, I know you and Hubby were overjoyed to see each other!!!

Don't wory Chica...our time soon come! :thumbs:

Blessed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hey girls.

I just talked to Sarah. She said her and Marlon are doing well. He got his EAD today and both are thrilled. Driver's license is next. She also got a new job. She sounds so happy.

Again, she promised she would post some pictures. All I said was yah, right!

She should be getting a new computer and the internet again, so she'll be on when she can.

JG,

Please tell Sarah I said "Hello" and am SOOOOOOOO happy to hear about her and Marlon!!! P.S.- She has been promising pictures and getting new computer...FOREVER!!!! :lol: How's Luvtravlin' & Rhonda doing?

Gill

Rhonda checks in from time to time and is doing well.

Luv....I haven't heard from her. Mindy got an e-mail saying she is doing well. Sarah mentioned calling Luv and maybe Luv visiting her soon or something of that sort.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nanny, bwoy NY has it's good and bad..once ur preggo u qualify for aide when the baby born dat is a different thing...do some research...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

i hope so too....

That is crazy and doesn't make sense. New york state has a medicaid program for pregnant women. Do a search on your state.

Irie cat - thanks for the link. Children should not be un-insured. I belive your state should have offered you a sliding scale based program for your daughter.

Gill - No problem anytime u want the soapbox - its yours for the taking. Just let me know and next time I wil dust it off for you.

I make too much for the sliding scale - beleive me I have tried everything! I have even had my Aunt, who runs her own business and helps her son with his look into insurance options for me. I have written the state twice and they just say I should be able to afford the $400 a month! I live in Maine and work in VA and have tried so many options. I just pray things will work out and my daughter wont break a bone (knock on wood)!!! Maine is too darn expensive - I will move south again one of these days.....

:-)

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Hey, Irie....is your daughter in school? Does the school offer insurance for the school year? My kids get sent home with this phamplets every year that offer really affordable insurance during the school year.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Nanny, bwoy NY has it's good and bad..once ur preggo u qualify for aide when the baby born dat is a different thing...do some research...

in PA just because i am pregnant i don't automatically qualify for anything i have to apply and they go off of my "income" because i am living with my parents they are included in the "income" so i am still waiting to here back from the office to see what i am able to get...i pray i can get at least something...then after the baby is born i am only covered for 60 days..and the baby can go on chip....but what is nice about chip is that everyone gets approved...but i pray by then i will have a job that has bennefits...

Timeline

No Nanny,

You don't live with your parents you rent from them. This is where you pull out the rent reciept. Find your hustle.

How about when u go out for maternity leave. I know some who have used disability checks to qualify.

Hey, Irie....is your daughter in school? Does the school offer insurance for the school year? My kids get sent home with this phamplets every year that offer really affordable insurance during the school year.

ditto

Timeline
No Nanny,

You don't live with your parents you rent from them. This is where you pull out the rent reciept. Find your hustle.

How about when u go out for maternity leave. I know some who have used disability checks to qualify.

ditto

:yes: that is what i'm doing....

Timeline
No Nanny,

ditto

:yes: that is what i'm doing....

good girl, i thougt i was going to have to hold a class. lol but this goes back to Ms. English's statement, middle class is sometimes just stuck.

Timeline

Jengs dats why mi luv u so...GOOD ADVICE !!....if mi ever get inna dat position dats the same thing I would do.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Gosh, mi no weh fi start bout this INSURANCE foolishness...it is sooo true what these reps do for these doctors to even look at their product...we have a luncheon at least twice a week. And now alot of places are doing a way with samples...how can you when possible a patient can come in for an emergency and needs instant relief what are u gonna tell them..Like my GYN he gives me birth control samples everytime....they cost $40 never my our sucky pharmacy coverage $100 deductible then $35 copay..ridiculous....!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.