Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We live on the west coast so we are 2 and sometimes 3 hours behind JA. We would get calls all the time at 3-4 am :o It was always to our house phone so it wasn't like I could just turn it off. I would get so pissed. What made it worse was when he would answer and then talk forever at freaking 3 in the morning! Luckily it got better over time...and now we don't have a home phone just cells so that has really helped.

right now we on the east cost are on the same time as JA. He commented that no one but his mother calls to see how he doing. It's always some complaint. I felt bad for him when he said that.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thanks Yardiewife, I sure miss everyone. Where are all the old timers? Not to dis the newcomers but I kinda feel like I am in a room full of strangers. Fine and good as long as my buddies are here too, so...WHERE IS everyone I KNOW???? I KNOW I saw Elizabeth post at the first of this thread and that wasnt THAT long ago, cmon girl!

And Rhonda, darnit, what happened? Oh, thats right, I keep thinkin ya just now preggers and ya probably almost in labor already. ROFL And last I read Mindy said she was leavin. :crying:

Does anyone know if I need tax forms? I read that its best to have actual tax transcripts from the IRS, but gosh, I am not sure I have time to wait for them and not sure what they cost. I have 0 bux and its gonna be about $600 and we are also supposed to send $600 to Guyana, and I have no idea what tree I am gonna shake to get an extra $1200 this month. EEEEKS!

Lakes and my paycheck JUST covers the bills, and then on top of that, I went over on my credit card limit, so they raised the rate to 32! I got it back down, but it was an extra 550 finance charge that just killed me. I always used to puy them as I went, but with that trip back home he took last year, then I took a mad cruise (wasnt gonna be left home alone twiddling MY thumbs) well that kinda did it for our budget. Man, I really dont know how I got so deep. It just happens I guess.

Well on top of everything, silly hubby doesnt want anyone at work to write a letter confirming our relationship. He doesnt want them to know our biz! Oh boy! Like they would care. He is thinking of asking his GED teacher, now she is a sweetheart but has never been to our house, etc. So how does SHE know we are actually married? LOL Crazy man. I guess family will do, or maybe go ahead and have her write something...sigh. Two of his workmates have been to the house, we have been to one of theirs, they SEE me every single day dropping him off and picking him up for work...it would be FAR better to have one of his work buddies write it. I just wanna shake that boy sometimes. Well enuff ranting, gotta go take the boy to work an then off to the store to make some copies of stuffs.

Hugs to all

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am here Jill!!! It's Jamie by the way...I just switched my screen name.

Elizabeth comes around now and then, Jonesie is way preggers and hasn't been on much, Mindy left, Kelly (Luvtravlin) left as well, Rhonda is having some problem where she can't post from her computer...a lot of the other "old timers" check in now and again or send messages through email.

Debt is so easy to sink into. It gets deeper and deeper before you even realize it. Good luck getting it taken care of. With a lot of patience and hard work you can do it!

Whatever happened to your guys skin thing? Did you find a cure? I hope you are all doing well and your mom is doing better especially...it was so hard on her :(

What about your property by the lake? Did you get it all fixed up how you wanted it? I would love to see pics if you have them :)

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy - so what she want him to file and give her money??? Mr jengles has been here since august

Yup they have a megaphone and he claims they are calling so they don't lose the minutes.

He left a taxi down there to help his kids and us out and left his little brother to drive it. Well so far mr jengles hasn't seen a penny. every day the brother call claiming something wrong with the car. as to the reason why he can't give up any money. mr jengles left him in his house and he got nerve to be calling up here saying the light gonna get turned off.

then we have the cousin that calls every day to rat on the brother (who is clearly worthless) what time he getting out of bed, he got people in the house yada yada yada.

I can't take it anymore and to make a long story short the damn brother mashed up the car yesterday. so kids now have zero income

WHAT!!!!!???!!!!! :angry::ranting: Ok, dat type of FOOLISHNESS would drive me CRAZY!!!! 'im 'ave some dyam pissa cheek!!!!! Chat bout light a guh lackoff!! :angry::angry: Bwoy, Mistress Jengles...mi wouldda cuss im rahtid bradda til 'im head spin!!! :wacko: Yuh see dat...yuh see when yuh try fi 'elp out family!!!! Bwoy, mi hate fi seh it but yuh wouldda betta hire a driva fi run deh taxi fi yuh!!

Ken is gonna duh deh same ting. Run a taxi when 'im come hup and mi done tell 'im arready. Nuh even tink bout 'ave henny of yuh brodda dem run it!! Im seh..."Ooman, yuh mad? Mi waan fi MEK a money, nuh fi dem TEK mi money!!" Deh same driva 'im 'ave run it now ah guh run it when 'im come hup! I sent down contracts for him fi sign as far as making deposits, his share and so forth!!

It's a DYAM disgrace when yuh cyaan even truss yuh hown family fi wuk WID yuh fi build sittin'!!! SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRPSSSSSS <lang dutty kiss teet> :angry:

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It wouldn't let me edit but I also wanted to say that SJB1221 is still around :)

Sorry to hear about that Jengles! That is horrible! I would be cussing too...that is crazy. Are they gonna be able to fix up the car? I sure hope so :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My problem is the Mega phone my husbands friends call him evryday 3and 4 times a day and they talk from sun up till sun down. What amazes me more then anything is that he feels like this is ok. His statement is BABES I AM HERE AT HOME WITH YOU, I AM NOT MESSING AROUND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I try to explained that just because you are here with me doesn't mean that we are spending time together BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!

I don't know. I kinda feel for the guy in this situation. I always try and put myself in the other persons shoes. I think about if I was to move to JA and my family just stopped calling and needing me so much (even if i coudn't do anything for them) I would feel sad and lonely. As if the people who I grew up with and all my family just up and forgot about me. So I think its nice that they call. maybe the calls can get excessive, but if its just to chat and talk about their day to day lives, i completely understand. This move is a hard one for everyone, not just your husband. His friends and family will miss his presence so i guess they are also adjusting. I'm sure your guy misses the random chatter with his boys so just the talk on the phone with him probably does him alot of good. I could see myself getting depressed if i moved to another country where no one talked like me and I wasnt really close to but one or 2 other people.

I'm sure all the calls are just apart of the adjustment status.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Oh Jengles, that is awful. Even if you get the car fixed up doesnt sound like any income will ever come in from it with the brother. So sorry to hear that.

Jamie, I knew you been on here forever but was havin a hard time figurin out just who you were! lol Even in the OLD posts, it changed your screen name over. I think there are a few that have changed screen names, but I am sure I will get it figured out after those 770 posts. :help: Sorry so many have dropped out.

Yea the debt thing is easy to get into. I started charging when Lake wasnt working (dadblasted government) and it just got deeper and deeper. I am very good with money, but its a bit overwhelming right now.

We are trying to sell the cabin by the lake but economy is bad right now up in that area and so not even any offers. I love the place, but Lake thinks its too far to go to, and it really is, since he only has off the weekend, and is on 2nd shift so if we go up, we dont leave til after midnight Friday and come home Sunday. The wuss wont brook coming home on Monday, says he will be too tired.

I have a question, do any of you all that have guys over here that were a fireball when they came and now they are tired all the time. I swear Lake wore me out when he got here, he was CONSTANTLY on the move, Wanting to go here,there, everywhere, and even around the house he was cleaning, doing the yard and now he is just achy and tired a lot. ts just like America wore him down or somethin. He is cold all the time which doesnt help, and he hurt his back last year at that darned temp job and it never has recovered, then he hurt his hip badly when we were out fishing, wrestling a turtle, etc, etc. Poor guy. He is SO accident prone. Has that happened with anyone else after a couple of years.

Jamie, that skin problem we had we never got over, we dont talk bout it much anymore, just a fact of life. Since you asked, I will say it eased up, or we would have all committed suicide by now, but its one of those weird puzzling things. Essential oils help a lot, cleaning the house constantly DIDNT help. The doc gave me anti depressants and it made me so so goofed up I made out a $300 bill as $30 and thought it good. lol So I stopped that (after only a week). I think the docs thought it was all in a persons head to begin with, but now they have told me they are doing studies, so maybe they will find somethin, who knows. The closest thing I could come to it was something they call Morgellons, but then some of those people are way out there, and I never felt 1/2 the things they did, and when THAT support group started talking about creeping designs on their linoleum floor, well let me say, this ####### is out there, I mean WAY out there, but not THAT out there like aliens, menothinks. :help: I really believe it has more to do with the genetically modified food, as some of the research I have done leads very strongly back to it. Its enough to scare the bejeebers out of you, let me tell ya.

Well off to do more research on this liftin conditions, it sounds pretty easy, its just all we have as joint is a bank account and a blockbuster card. lol :help:

Hugs

Jill

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline

mr jengles just wants to sell the car, he had realized the brother wasn't doing him right and was just waiting for the title to come.

This is a lesson learned, who wouldn't want a house to live in and a car to drive around at will, boy I tell ya!!

mr jengles is stressing about his kids now. I told him to go down next month and sort stuff out.

deyounting - If i got the brother on the phone right now, he wouldn't belive say ah me, when I was done. and I spoke to him last week and he had the nerve to call mr jengles on thursday to say he couldn't make any money off the car again. I mean when u getting up at 2pm what kind of money u expect to make (suck teeth)

Timeline
Kimmy - so what she want him to file and give her money??? Mr jengles has been here since august

A mus dat she want..she mussi out of her mind..I don't kow what she is warning him about and a claim to educate him...please..hubby came 1st wk in August too..him a settle more now..it was hard for the 1st month...he just couldn't get some of the things they do in this country ...ND WE BACK TO ALL the RULES...now he's understanding why there are rules and he even points them out sometimes...like he'll say ooohhh..see that car park too close to the corner....:) they'll get it

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

haha mr jengles couldn't get with the rules too at first and having to read all the signs before he parks. we saw a car getting towed last week Wed and I made sure I pointed it out to him and said the poor guy isn't going to be able to get his car back until friday...

Kimmy your MIL is off the chain..shouldn't she be offering some of her tax money to him since he just come. and doesn't he have wife and children to support (sucking teeth) she mad

Timeline

Man oh man, doesnt anyone chat on this forum anymore? I remember when we would could fill at least five to ten pages worth in one day. Now you have to wait forever and a day for responses?

Rhonda, you were SO lucky you had the previous fees. I wasnt on in forever and a day, so had sort of budgeted for about $275 to $300, which is what the fees WERE. Now...man I just dont know. Its DOUBLE, and from what I am reading, the times havent gotten any speedier either. Doesnt seem fair to anyone.

How can couple just starting out afford this, doing the AOS, I sure feel for them and then not being able to get their EAD right away either so the guy (or gal) can help out? What is our stupid government thinking?

If Lake could have worked right off the bat, we wouldnt have been in this ridiculous in debt over our head mess, and I am thinking he would have been a whole lot healthier as well. Sitting around for almost a year was hard on him, on me, awful on our budget, and I really blame the government for him being prediabetic to some degree, with "sitting around phase". He was fired up to work two jobs when he first came, and couldnt do any. Ok, enuff ranting.... I sure wished there had been under the table work here so he could have kept busy.

I am up to page 155 in yardies4. Where is Dee, (denden?). She change her screen name as well? I think so but not 100%?

Jill

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Man oh man, doesnt anyone chat on this forum anymore? I remember when we would could fill at least five to ten pages worth in one day. Now you have to wait forever and a day for responses?

Rhonda, you were SO lucky you had the previous fees. I wasnt on in forever and a day, so had sort of budgeted for about $275 to $300, which is what the fees WERE. Now...man I just dont know. Its DOUBLE, and from what I am reading, the times havent gotten any speedier either. Doesnt seem fair to anyone.

How can couple just starting out afford this, doing the AOS, I sure feel for them and then not being able to get their EAD right away either so the guy (or gal) can help out? What is our stupid government thinking?

If Lake could have worked right off the bat, we wouldnt have been in this ridiculous in debt over our head mess, and I am thinking he would have been a whole lot healthier as well. Sitting around for almost a year was hard on him, on me, awful on our budget, and I really blame the government for him being prediabetic to some degree, with "sitting around phase". He was fired up to work two jobs when he first came, and couldnt do any. Ok, enuff ranting.... I sure wished there had been under the table work here so he could have kept busy.

I am up to page 155 in yardies4. Where is Dee, (denden?). She change her screen name as well? I think so but not 100%?

Jill

Funny thing is I was just saying that to my husband yesterday...There is NO way we could have managed with me not working for so long...Luckily I'm still on maternity leave/vacation until 2009, so that gives us a head start.....

For those of you in the MD area, the roads are no longer safe....

I had my first driving lesson yesterday, BEWARE :whistle: :whistle:

Really like my instructor, he didn't bat an eyelid when I told him that a) I have difficulty telling knowing which was is left and right (have to think about it) and also was used to being on the opposite side of the road!

Scariest thing for me was being on the major roads and having to go at 55mph :unsure:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
haha mr jengles couldn't get with the rules too at first and having to read all the signs before he parks. we saw a car getting towed last week Wed and I made sure I pointed it out to him and said the poor guy isn't going to be able to get his car back until friday...

Kimmy your MIL is off the chain..shouldn't she be offering some of her tax money to him since he just come. and doesn't he have wife and children to support (sucking teeth) she mad

A dat mi sey to !

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Good Morning All,

I just called the NVC this morning....... :crying:......I was hoping so bad that hubby would be home with me and 14yo for Christmas........

Christmas is such a hard time of year for me anyway because my 18yo son was tragically killed in an automobile accident in June 2005........From Thanksgiving until after Christmas, it is so hard on me.....

I started getting out my Christmas decorations on Sunday morning before church and got upset and crying......pulled myself together.......went to church and cried some more.......

But everything will be ok.......God does not put more on your shoulders than you can bear........

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All,

I just called the NVC this morning....... :crying:......I was hoping so bad that hubby would be home with me and 14yo for Christmas........

Christmas is such a hard time of year for me anyway because my 18yo son was tragically killed in an automobile accident in June 2005........From Thanksgiving until after Christmas, it is so hard on me.....

I started getting out my Christmas decorations on Sunday morning before church and got upset and crying......pulled myself together.......went to church and cried some more.......

But everything will be ok.......God does not put more on your shoulders than you can bear........

Peace & Love,

Tonya

(((((((Ohhhh Tonya))))))),

I am so so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine what that must feel like! No mother EVER wants to see a child leave this earth before them.

Ok, now dig in your heels and KEEP YOUR FAITH!!!! Remember Chica, 'Who God bless...No Man, Woman or NVC can curse!!!' Don't forget to pray!! He's got his eye on you Chica...your blessings are acoming!!

Many blessings and hugs sent your way,

(L), Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.