Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Classy, so far only mi one deh yah, but I am no GILL...I will help however I can though...

Just a little annoyed with my childrens father at the moment. Gosh I'm such a drama queen this week! Lol. I have been going back and forth with him for the last year now and I'm just trying to get some strength to cut off alll contact completly. I do good for a little bit but always seem to get back to square one.

Hush classy, it's like baby daddy drama all around...sometimes it is so hard with someone that you have known and loved at some time in the past. Do you get back in contact with him because of the children? it is especially hard for you now especially judging by what you have gone through with your ex. My dear, if he is not a good staple to be in your children's life or if he has chosen not to remain in their lives because you won't allow him in yours, then he is certainly not worth it!!! If not for you, do it for your children because they don't need the rollercoaster.

Just my $0.02. You know you have nothing but love on here (L) for you

He's definitly not worth it. After the break up with Mr Green shirt Mr. Baby daddy definitly put his best FAKE foot forward but it didn't last long. I'm just mad at myself for falling for it again. Every time I start to slip down that slope again I'm just gonna come back here and read this! Guess I need to swear of men for a bit and get my ish together.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Classy, so far only mi one deh yah, but I am no GILL...I will help however I can though...

Just a little annoyed with my childrens father at the moment. Gosh I'm such a drama queen this week! Lol. I have been going back and forth with him for the last year now and I'm just trying to get some strength to cut off alll contact completly. I do good for a little bit but always seem to get back to square one.

Hush classy, it's like baby daddy drama all around...sometimes it is so hard with someone that you have known and loved at some time in the past. Do you get back in contact with him because of the children? it is especially hard for you now especially judging by what you have gone through with your ex. My dear, if he is not a good staple to be in your children's life or if he has chosen not to remain in their lives because you won't allow him in yours, then he is certainly not worth it!!! If not for you, do it for your children because they don't need the rollercoaster.

He's definitly not worth it. After the break up with Mr Green shirt Mr. Baby daddy definitly put his best FAKE foot forward but it didn't last long. I'm just mad at myself for falling for it again. Every time I start to slip down that slope again I'm just gonna come back here and read this! Guess I need to swear of men for a bit and get my ish together.

My dear, he caught you at a weak point; no worries, it happens to the best of us. brush yourself off and move on, you will do better next time. Some of these men are like predators, they can smell blood from a mile away and they will pounce. Keep in mind...If you still have the wrong one hanging around, the prince that God has in store for you can't come into your life; he'll be there, but it may take you sometime to recognize him for the blessing that God sent you. Drop di ole eediat and move on. If him not good for the kids, then leave him be. Concentrate on you and believe me, when you least expect it, the right one will come along :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Agreed. :thumbs: Try to keep intact for the children's sake, IF he has been in their lives....But my grandmudda seh, Once you leave neva look back cause it's never the same and hardly eva betta. Don't let him use the kids to get to you that's jus major game. If he wasn't doin by them from when, I'd be leary if he jus all of a sudden start, an dwho knows long it'll last. Good luck.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline

My dear, he caught you at a weak point; no worries, it happens to the best of us. brush yourself off and move on, you will do better next time. Some of these men are like predators, they can smell blood from a mile away and they will pounce. Keep in mind...If you still have the wrong one hanging around, the prince that God has in store for you can't come into your life; he'll be there, but it may take you sometime to recognize him for the blessing that God sent you. Drop di ole eediat and move on. If him not good for the kids, then leave him be. Concentrate on you and believe me, when you least expect it, the right one will come along :thumbs:

They can sense your weakness too I think. If it were not for my chlidren I'd been in a totally diffrent state by now. When mi and my hubbys were having troubles...I would get calls or they were getting calls..all the time..are. U are right? Probaby asking the pickeny dem questions :blink: .. "Why you ask you dum fart.. stay hout mi bis." Mi jus fine. Yall don't know the emotional abuse that man put me through....No man will eva be able to top him.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardies!! Happy Friday :dance:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Congrats Jengles and KImmyyyyy!!!

Betta yuh dan mi!!!

I swear if mi fine misself a breed meeda run weh!!

NO MORE MI SEH!!!

Madda in law tell mi bout 50 times a week seh she want more grandkids, mi tell har whenever mi husband get marrid again :lol:

But even though mi safe (breastfeeding exclusively) knowing how di VJ wata stay, mi a guh march misself right down tuh mi dacta fi get an IUD, frig dat!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

English breastfeeding is a VERY good safe method..but u tan deh trust dat alone..mi ave a fren we go a target an some how wi end up inna the preggo test isle so she tek one inna di bathroom just fi fun..lawd know she a breed..brestfeeding and no period...u u tan deh :lol::lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Did you guys see this???????

Mom has a Hird of girls

published: Friday | January 25, 2008

Athaliah Reynolds, Staff Reporter

Ruth-Anne, Isabelle, Gabrielle and Annabelle made history yesterday as the first set of quadruplets to be born at the University Hospital of the West Indies. Happy first-time father, Reginald Hird, said he is looking forward to raising his four girls. - Norman Grindley/Deputy Chief Photographer

It was both a tiring and exciting day for Keshia and Reginald Hird yesterday when they welcomed four new additions to their family.

The baby girls, weighing between 1.1 and 1.6 kilos, were delivered at the University Hospital of the West Indies (UHWI) between 10:14 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., making this the first quadruplet birth in the hospital's history.

Initial checks by the Registrar General's Department (RGD) suggest that this could also be the first in the country's history. "We have searched the electronic database and so far we have not seen quadruplets," said Dr. Patricia Holness, chief executive officer of the RGD.

"Maybe this has happened before, but it would have to be many years ago," she said.

Doing quite well

Ruth-Anne, Isabelle, Gabrielle and Annabelle, despite being born at 31 weeks, were doing quite well, Dr. Shaun Wynter, consultant gynaecologist, told The Gleaner.

"In general, most quadruplet pregnancies tend not to go much further," said Dr. Wynter, who said the babies were delivered by a classic Caesarean section after an induced labour.

A well-equipped team of physicians, technicians and nurses was mobilised from several departments to conduct the delivery. "It was a team effort," said Dr. Wynter. "The team consisted of about 17 individuals. Under normal circumstances, it would take only about seven," he added.

Mrs. Hird, who is a 31-year-old accountant, was unable to meet with the media when The Gleaner arrived at the hospital yesterday; but a beaming Mr. Hird was happy to fill in for his tired wife.

"When we found out we were having quadruplets, we were both overwhelmed and happy," said the first-time father.

Mr. Hird, a field officer at the Jamaica National Building Society, said he and his wife of six years had only just recently started planning for a child, but never in a million years did they expect that they would have had four in just one go.

"This is it for us though," said Hird. "If later I decide I want a son, I'll adopt," he added.

Mr. Hird said raising his four daughters would be a family affair. "Our entire family, including both grandmothers, will be participating," he said. "We will have to now buy four of everything," he added.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Mom has a Hird of girls

Ruth-Anne, Isabelle, Gabrielle and Annabelle made history yesterday as the first set of quadruplets to be born at the University Hospital of the West Indies. Happy first-time father, Reginald Hird, said he is looking forward to raising his four girls. - Norman Grindley/Deputy Chief Photographer

It was both a tiring and exciting day for Keshia and Reginald Hird yesterday when they welcomed four new additions to their family.

The baby girls, weighing between 1.1 and 1.6 kilos, were delivered at the University Hospital of the West Indies (UHWI) between 10:14 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., making this the first quadruplet birth in the hospital's history.

Initial checks by the Registrar General's Department (RGD) suggest that this could also be the first in the country's history. "We have searched the electronic database and so far we have not seen quadruplets," said Dr. Patricia Holness, chief executive officer of the RGD.

"Maybe this has happened before, but it would have to be many years ago," she said.

Doing quite well

Ruth-Anne, Isabelle, Gabrielle and Annabelle, despite being born at 31 weeks, were doing quite well, Dr. Shaun Wynter, consultant gynaecologist, told The Gleaner.

"In general, most quadruplet pregnancies tend not to go much further," said Dr. Wynter, who said the babies were delivered by a classic Caesarean section after an induced labour.

A well-equipped team of physicians, technicians and nurses was mobilised from several departments to conduct the delivery. "It was a team effort," said Dr. Wynter. "The team consisted of about 17 individuals. Under normal circumstances, it would take only about seven," he added.

Mrs. Hird, who is a 31-year-old accountant, was unable to meet with the media when The Gleaner arrived at the hospital yesterday; but a beaming Mr. Hird was happy to fill in for his tired wife.

"When we found out we were having quadruplets, we were both overwhelmed and happy," said the first-time father.

Mr. Hird, a field officer at the Jamaica National Building Society, said he and his wife of six years had only just recently started planning for a child, but never in a million years did they expect that they would have had four in just one go.

"This is it for us though," said Hird. "If later I decide I want a son, I'll adopt," he added.

Mr. Hird said raising his four daughters would be a family affair. "Our entire family, including both grandmothers, will be participating," he said. "We will have to now buy four of everything," he added.

4 babies at once....ohhhh boy. That's a great blessing but I don't think I could handle all that!

Timeline

Mom has a Hird of girls

Doing quite well

4 babies at once....ohhhh boy. That's a great blessing but I don't think I could handle all that!

No, me either. First reported case.....they must be celebrities in JA!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning!!! TGIF!!! :dance:

(((Classy))) Hope things get better for you. I think the other ladies covered it in the advice department better than I could do. Stay strong and know we are here for you always!

WOW! Quads in JA! I wish there was a pic...I bet they are so cute. There was a set of triplets in the community I stayed. They were quite famous, everyone knew them :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hate when JA, a country which we all hold dear to our hearts, is trashed that way :( It gets such a bad reputation.

You know Yardie I can't stand it either! But I've heard them all before. What I realize is that these people who go to JA have no idea what a developing country can look like. They also are usually white sububanites who are afraid to go into more impoverished neighborhoods within their own city. They have no frame of reference as to what "dangerous' really means. Many are very afraid of Black people or other people of color and associate negativity to them and their culture by what they see in media or just from their own uncomfortableness. Now I know that many Jamaicans can be intimidating and theft does happen, but as a huge majority of the times Jamaicans can be some of the most fun loving sincere people you will ever have a chance to meet. There's those rotten few who can smell the fear of a new tourist a mile away.

Another issue is tourists...especially American ones are waaaayyy too stush! Things like drugs and men hitting on them is not common out in your face practice to many so that intimidates them too.

I always say there are 2 types of tourists who leave Jamaica, those who love it, and those who hate it, I don't find an in between person even exists. You should check out tripadvisor.com, that site has forums and people get viscious with discussions on Jamaica....its crazy.

So true!

:yes: I have to agree with what you all posted regarding the tourist thing. It is just sad for me to see all the negativity. Having not done the tourist thing I don't really have any reference for what those people were writing about. It was shocking to hear some of the stories. I have had nothing but a wonderful time in all the parishes I have visited and stayed at. Yes there have been some bad sides to things but nothing that would make me trash the country as a whole or never go there again. What gets me is why would anyone go to another country to stay in the confines of the resort?!? Crazy :wacko:

Timeline

Well, my opinion of the tourist thing is I have seen the good and the bad. I hate to see absolutely nothing but negativity; but I also hate to read sunshine and rainbows all the time too. I believe, Jamaica, like any place you would want to visit should come with warnings of what to be careful of and also of what to definately not miss on your visit(s). I do agree the good definately outweighs the bad. But, the bad is there nonetheless.

It's like anything, though. You have to take it with a grain of salt. I don't know how many of you have ever worked in retail or some other service industry that tracks customers opinions. If you are familiar with that kind of thing, you will notice there are usually 2 kinds of people who voice their opinions.....those who are extremely happy and those who are pissed off. There seems to be no inbetween. And, those who are pissed off are usually the one's who voice their opinions the loudest. You so rarely hear the good. Same thing here.

When you get mad at those reviews, remember this.......opinions are like a$$holes.........you know the rest!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Ok, so I went to get the MMR which I'm missing.

Apparently I'm not allowed to have it since I'm still breastfeeding :(

Called USCIS and they say that the civil surgeon needs t to write them a letter which I include in my AOS package certifying that I can't have it.

I know there was a civil surgeon in Texas that transcribed everything for $10, does anyone have his info?

Or is there anyone in DC/MD that can recommend the one they used?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Ok, so I went to get the MMR which I'm missing.

Apparently I'm not allowed to have it since I'm still breastfeeding :(

Called USCIS and they say that the civil surgeon needs t to write them a letter which I include in my AOS package certifying that I can't have it.

I know there was a civil surgeon in Texas that transcribed everything for $10, does anyone have his info?

Or is there anyone in DC/MD that can recommend the one they used?

Thanks fe deh new picture :thumbs:

You can get your info transcribed for $10 :yes: I don't remember the Dr info, but I think Jomo does.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.