Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok guys! After being so excited about seeing my check cashed SAturday I got my hard copy NOA1 today. I am receipted for january the 17. Problem: I tried to check my case status and it said "case status failed" or something like that. Basically I guess I am not in the system...now what?????????????

Sheesh! Is anything with this EVER easy?!

Don't worry Shrewdie...sometimes it does take them a little while to update the system. Give it til Monday 10-11 days...if nothing then... call USCIS and ask why your number is not registering.

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, SG.....forgot I wanted to say that mine didn't show up in the system for the longest time. Everytime I would call to inquire they would feed me some line that they could see it in the system, it just wasn't registering so I could see it. Have no fear, it's on it's way............

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline
OMG....Brownnskinn....what a really cool baby belly picture.

Congrats, SG!

I lov being pregnant as well...the whole thought of having someone growing inside of you is maraculious.....magical. I never had problems with any of my preganacies...I've always stunned people about how fast I bounce back after havin kids...it is truely one of God's blessings.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
AMEN!!!!!! Mi proudda yuh Classy! Yuh Dyam right fi tell em F-off!!!! Yuh couldda tell em a few more choice words tuh!!!

Who ever a su su su su back tuh classy EX man...SHUT YUH RASSS...HAN GUH LANG!!! :angry::angry:

Gill

:lol::lol: YUH TELL EM GILL :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
**********ATTENTION EVERYONE....MID-DAY NEWS***********

I AM PROUD TO REPORT THAT THE VJ WATA HAS GOTTEN TO YET ANOTHER ONE OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS!!!

OUR SISTREN, KIMMYKASHI IS EXPECTING A BAMBINO(A) IN THE FALL 2008!!!!

PLEASE EVERYONE HELP ME OUT IN CONGRATULATING KIMMY & KASHI ON THEIR UPCOMING BLESSING!!

MANY MANY BLESSINGS FOR THE KIMMYKASHI FAMILY!!! WE LOVE YOU GURL!!

X-559AA.jpg

(L):luv:(L):luv:(L):luv: ,

Gill

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Kimmy!!!!!!!

Timeline
Gill,

Yes dear mi a breed and it is time for him to come back. I'm around 2 months looking at an end of august baby, I'm not looking forward to being pregnant in the summer, not at all. I just broke a sweat thinking bout it.

A big congrats to you also Jengles!!!!!! We are gonna have to have a big baby welcoming party when they all arrive. But I'm not bringing one, I'll just hold all of your babies!

Timeline

Lita and Gill u guys have me rollin....u tan deh Lita u tink a u nose alone a go pread weh...u wait.....I didn't mind being preggo in summer just Kimora was turned so early had alot of pelvis pain every step I pray this is not the case again...well wah mi a chat bout mi noeven go a doctor yet... :lol: :lol:

Brownie mi cyant si u pic till mi go home..babylon system u know :yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I am bored and in a pissy mood so I decide to get a bit of a JA fix and come across this site that has JA reviews...well it just made me in an even more pissy mood. :ranting:

There was only a handful of "ok" posts in amongst numerous posts like this...so sad that this is what people really think and experience - and these are just the recent ones.

January 17, 2008 10:43 PM EST

I was in Jamaica last year on a cruise. This is a very sad country. We traveled from Montego Bay to Negril and saw how the locals live. We also talked with our tour guide and she told us there are not enough jobs for the people that live there. We spent the day at Margaritaville and had a guard watching us the whole time. I am glad I was there but I would never want to return.

January 24, 2008 07:54 PM EST

We had a group of seven people who went to Jamaica last year. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay and did day trips out to other areas. I would not recommend leaving the hotel security unless you had a guide. It would be unsafe. We left the gated hotel area and ventured across the street to shop. I would never do that again. We were mobbed and harrassed by the locals. If you buy from one, you have to buy from the others. We went there to be a blessing to the children in the orphanges and take them things. I was so glad to get back to our country.

January 17, 2008 09:09 PM EST

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Do not go to Jamaica. Nothing but criminals, drugs and god only knows what. They don't care who you are, how old you are, DRUGS will be offered to you. If you don't get out of that country without getting something stolen, then you are lucky. The only people that like Jamaica, are the folks who are from there or live there. We took a cruise that stopped there, we will NEVER take another cruise that has that as one of its stops, or we just won't get off the ship when it's in port. Very dangerous place, I would never take children there. I do not reccommend that country to ANYONE!

January 17, 2008 08:43 PM EST

Nearly lost both my kids. Thugs, drugs, never again

Some clown at the resort invited my two 15 yr olds to go to a party with him. He gave them huge joints. They thought they were soooo coool. Had they gone, we might not have seen them again. Busboy stole our camera. Lousy place. Burn it down

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
**********ATTENTION EVERYONE....MID-DAY NEWS***********

I AM PROUD TO REPORT THAT THE VJ WATA HAS GOTTEN TO YET ANOTHER ONE OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS!!!

OUR SISTREN, KIMMYKASHI IS EXPECTING A BAMBINO(A) IN THE FALL 2008!!!!

PLEASE EVERYONE HELP ME OUT IN CONGRATULATING KIMMY & KASHI ON THEIR UPCOMING BLESSING!!

MANY MANY BLESSINGS FOR THE KIMMYKASHI FAMILY!!! WE LOVE YOU GURL!!

X-559AA.jpg

(L):luv:(L):luv:(L):luv: ,

Gill

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Kimmy!!!!!!!

Ditto KimKim :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
I hate when JA, a country which we all hold dear to our hearts, is trashed that way :( It gets such a bad reputation.

You know Yardie I can't stand it either! But I've heard them all before. What I realize is that these people who go to JA have no idea what a developing country can look like. They also are usually white sububanites who are afraid to go into more impoverished neighborhoods within their own city. They have no frame of reference as to what "dangerous' really means. Many are very afraid of Black people or other people of color and associate negativity to them and their culture by what they see in media or just from their own uncomfortableness. Now I know that many Jamaicans can be intimidating and theft does happen, but as a huge majority of the times Jamaicans can be some of the most fun loving sincere people you will ever have a chance to meet. There's those rotten few who can smell the fear of a new tourist a mile away.

Another issue is tourists...especially American ones are waaaayyy too stush! Things like drugs and men hitting on them is not common out in your face practice to many so that intimidates them too.

I always say there are 2 types of tourists who leave Jamaica, those who love it, and those who hate it, I don't find an in between person even exists. You should check out tripadvisor.com, that site has forums and people get viscious with discussions on Jamaica....its crazy.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
So I am bored and in a pissy mood so I decide to get a bit of a JA fix and come across this site that has JA reviews...well it just made me in an even more pissy mood. :ranting:

There was only a handful of "ok" posts in amongst numerous posts like this...so sad that this is what people really think and experience - and these are just the recent ones.

January 17, 2008 10:43 PM EST

I was in Jamaica last year on a cruise. This is a very sad country. We traveled from Montego Bay to Negril and saw how the locals live. We also talked with our tour guide and she told us there are not enough jobs for the people that live there. We spent the day at Margaritaville and had a guard watching us the whole time. I am glad I was there but I would never want to return.

January 24, 2008 07:54 PM EST

We had a group of seven people who went to Jamaica last year. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay and did day trips out to other areas. I would not recommend leaving the hotel security unless you had a guide. It would be unsafe. We left the gated hotel area and ventured across the street to shop. I would never do that again. We were mobbed and harrassed by the locals. If you buy from one, you have to buy from the others. We went there to be a blessing to the children in the orphanges and take them things. I was so glad to get back to our country.

January 17, 2008 09:09 PM EST

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Do not go to Jamaica. Nothing but criminals, drugs and god only knows what. They don't care who you are, how old you are, DRUGS will be offered to you. If you don't get out of that country without getting something stolen, then you are lucky. The only people that like Jamaica, are the folks who are from there or live there. We took a cruise that stopped there, we will NEVER take another cruise that has that as one of its stops, or we just won't get off the ship when it's in port. Very dangerous place, I would never take children there. I do not reccommend that country to ANYONE!

January 17, 2008 08:43 PM EST

Nearly lost both my kids. Thugs, drugs, never again

Some clown at the resort invited my two 15 yr olds to go to a party with him. He gave them huge joints. They thought they were soooo coool. Had they gone, we might not have seen them again. Busboy stole our camera. Lousy place. Burn it down

I work in the travel industry and have been to the Caribbean many times. I am often embarassed to be from the US... People travel and they think everyone lives in the same "happy place" they come from. It amazes me how many people have so little understanding of the world around them!!!

I have been to JA a few times and on a work trip and had the privelage of staying at 1/2 Moon in MoBay... There was this older AMerican with a fanny pack asking if it was ok to go off property!!??? I wonder why people even bother to go on vacation if all they really want to do is eat and hang out with other Americans. People pay all this money to go to a wonderful place and they are scared the whole time.

My favorite thing about working in travel is that I get to experience other cultures and experience things that many people don't have the oppurtunity to do. I feel very blessed.

I only wish that everyone could open their eyes, hearts and minds and embrace people and places that they maybe aren't familiar with. I have often been told that I am different from "all the other white people"!! I am not sure if that makes me happy or sad.....

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everyone, busy day yesterday didn't even get to sign onto my computer. So the EX called last night and said "Why do you have a picture of me posted on the internet on that website?" I laughed said "FU*$ YOU, don't ever call me again" and hung up. Small world, I have never mentioned this site to him. So someone's lurking around here. :devil: Oh well, at least he knows now, lol.

OMG...Mi wonda ah who!!!!

I am just catching up...never got to sign in yesterday have so much blasted work to do an' mi soon haffi go do some more. Mi happy seh mi busy still cah it mean mi hav' a job...Much love to all of you and Kimmy, yu done know mi mad happy fi yuh!!!! (L)

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.