Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning All,

I called NVC again this morning to see if our status had changed any.......They say they received the DS-230 checklist and all documents on 11/15/07......I talked to the Senators office yesterday and she said all looks good but we are just waiting on them to case complete it and send it to the Embassy......Hopefully we will be hitting a January interview date.......Wanted him home for Christmas but good things come to those who wait....... :devil:

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning!

I hope Mrs. Scott and Milan get the visas soon :yes:

Congrats on the approval Shauna :dance:

(((JILL!!!))) So good to see you and hear how things are going. Removing conditions is coming up for us as well and we are in horrible shape. Not sure how we are gonna do it but I am gonna try my best and see what happens. Keep reading the last bit of Part 4...Darah (Doodle) posted her RC stuff...she is going through it just like Rhonda.

We are still engaged. Donna was overwhelmed with entry into this country and having a wedding to plan for. Since we've backed off, our relationship is back where it needs to be. We are getting close to the 90 day date for the K-1 visa. If our marriage takes place after the 90 days, what will we need to do? Will there be a problem with the AOS?

Hi Jay,

Glad to hear that things are getting better with the relationship. If you don't get married within 90 days you are no longer allowed to file AOS as a K1 visa holder and she would be considered out of status. Could you do a courthouse ceremony near the end of the 90 days just for immigration purposes and do the "real" ceremony later when she is ready?

I found this in the FAQ section here on VJ. Seems it would be a lot of work and cost a good amount of money to do it this way. Plus it seems like it would raise more questions when it comes to the AOS interview.

6.13)...What happens if we do not get married within the 90 day validity of the K1 visa?

A..In this case, you can no longer file for Adjustment of Status based on being a K1.You will have to submit an I-130 relative petition along with the I-485 and all the other paperwork to the local USCIS (INS) office. You may have to have another medical exam, and you will need to be prepared to answer questions about why you did not get married within 90 days. In effect, you will have become an out-of-status alien who is adjusting status based on marriage to a US Citizen.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good News!

As of yesterday, a visa has been printed for Milan's husband. I am pretty sure that he should receive it today. :dance: No word on my husband's visa yet.

Hang in there Scotty!!!! Itsa coming!!! :thumbs: (Positive vibes, Chica...positive vibes)

Congrats Milan !!! :dance::dance:

Blessed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Question - for those of you that have your significant others up here, have you all had problems with family members being able to let go. not calling for money, but if anything goes wrong in JA they call. I want to reach out and wring necks right now, but I'm trying to be calm.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Question - for those of you that have your significant others up here, have you all had problems with family members being able to let go. not calling for money, but if anything goes wrong in JA they call. I want to reach out and wring necks right now, but I'm trying to be calm.

Hahaa...girl I feel u...hubby doesn't really have any family in JA like that but his kids...HE calls to make sure she's being a MOM...that cracks me up...cause his kids r his everything every single one of them .....but that happens to me EVERYONE calls me for EVERYTHING sometimes I just have the answers..but u know a mi spoil them :) It's gonna take a minute for them to realize that he is not 1 mile away. How long has hubby been here now ? So I can empathize......Hubby used to call his mom..who is here for everything when he 1st came....

walk good

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Talkin bout family....so mi MIL tell hubby that now that he is working he has to file his taxes of else he is gonna OWE :angry: cause when she 1st came her father filed for her and gave her $40 :lol::lol::yes: tell mi dis ooman no out a her mind..she a try feed him stuff cause he just came but she no know mi school 'im pon certain tings aready....********long dutty kissteet*****

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

My problem is the Mega phone my husbands friends call him evryday 3and 4 times a day and they talk from sun up till sun down. What amazes me more then anything is that he feels like this is ok. His statement is BABES I AM HERE AT HOME WITH YOU, I AM NOT MESSING AROUND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I try to explained that just because you are here with me doesn't mean that we are spending time together BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline
My problem is the Mega phone my husbands friends call him evryday 3and 4 times a day and they talk from sun up till sun down. What amazes me more then anything is that he feels like this is ok. His statement is BABES I AM HERE AT HOME WITH YOU, I AM NOT MESSING AROUND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I try to explained that just because you are here with me doesn't mean that we are spending time together BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!

Girl...a wonder if they r cut from the same tree..hubby says that to me sometimes....tics me off

Timeline

Girl...a wonder if they r cut from the same tree..hubby says that to me sometimes....tics me off

Same tree here. I have said it before...I hate the cell phone...hate hate hate hate it. If I knew he wouldn't just go out and buy another one I would love to "lose" his or "accidentally" let it fall in the sink full of water :lol: 2 years later and I still hate that darn phone!

Same tree here. I have said it before...I hate the cell phone...hate hate hate hate it. If I knew he wouldn't just go out and buy another one I would love to "lose" his or "accidentally" let it fall in the sink full of water :lol: 2 years later and I still hate that darn phone!

Oh GOD I thought I was alone in this, thanks ladies. He states sometimes that he's a pyscologist that he studies human behavor :wacko: I told him if he was a good at his job he would no that the attention a person doesn't get at home they find somewhere else :thumbs: . That keeps him off the phone for one day :help: .

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline

Oh GOD I thought I was alone in this, thanks ladies. He states sometimes that he's a pyscologist that he studies human behavor :wacko: I told him if he was a good at his job he would no that the attention a person doesn't get at home they find somewhere else :thumbs: . That keeps him off the phone for one day :help: .

AHAHHAA..hush :)..don't stop letting him know..I don't mind sounding like a broken record..he will get ..well one day :)

Timeline

Kimmy - so what she want him to file and give her money??? Mr jengles has been here since august

Yup they have a megaphone and he claims they are calling so they don't lose the minutes.

He left a taxi down there to help his kids and us out and left his little brother to drive it. Well so far mr jengles hasn't seen a penny. every day the brother call claiming something wrong with the car. as to the reason why he can't give up any money. mr jengles left him in his house and he got nerve to be calling up here saying the light gonna get turned off.

then we have the cousin that calls every day to rat on the brother (who is clearly worthless) what time he getting out of bed, he got people in the house yada yada yada.

I can't take it anymore and to make a long story short the damn brother mashed up the car yesterday. so kids now have zero income

Timeline

that is too funny, but they call when I'm not there and then the cousin had the nerve to my house 10 sunday morning to tell him that his job called looking for him. I went off. I asked him where is her husband and children, why can't she mind them

Timeline

We live on the west coast so we are 2 and sometimes 3 hours behind JA. We would get calls all the time at 3-4 am :o It was always to our house phone so it wasn't like I could just turn it off. I would get so pissed. What made it worse was when he would answer and then talk forever at freaking 3 in the morning! Luckily it got better over time...and now we don't have a home phone just cells so that has really helped.

Edited by Yardiewife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.