Ban Hammer

The Say Anything Thread

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
dang, my health insurance is driving me crazy :wacko:

I just found out yesterday that I needed to have gotten "permission" to see a therapist before you go... :unsure: I have been about 3 or 4 times already and now because I didn't get the "permission" they didn't cover the cost... :angry: there is also some misunderstanding about deductibles... we don't have any deductibles we have to pay but they are saying for last year that I didn't pay enough deductibles.. :blink:

also I got a bill from one of the doctors I went to see last December and it looks like the insurance didn't cover the ultrasound I had... I remember reading somewhere that my insurance will only cover the first ultrasound unless it is medically necessary... and this one was... it wasn't like I went in and said hey, I want an ultrasound... the doctor needed to do one to see what was going on....

so now I have to call the insurance company and try to straighten this all out.... :wacko:

oh and to top it all off, I just found out on the insurance site, that the anesthesiologist I had was not in-network so we have to pay for most of it... so I am expecting the bill for that any day now... :angry::wacko::blink::unsure:

I think a lot of insurance companies you pay a certain percentage up to a certain amount like maybe $2000 or $5000 per person that is covered per year before they cover the whole cost

Edited by Amber&Neil

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

well my resume is re-done and ready to go. If I only knew all I know about resumes last year when I started to work on mine.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

I'm so excited I have an interview at a video store on Monday for a part time position. I think it's probably in the bag because the lady who owns the stores is good friends with my aunt. You don't know how excited I am about a job where I don't even really have to think and I can just come home and forget about work until it's time to go back. It's going to be wonderful!

You don't know how excited I am about a job where I don't even really have to think...

Believe me, that will get boring real quick.

:lol: well I will be going to school full time so if I can just goof off at work and focus all the thinking on school then I think I will be ok! Maybe I can argue with people about late fees or something for entertainment. I told her I only wanted to work 2-3 days a week so I will have time away from it. My aunt is having her second baby on Tuesday so I am on babysitting duty for awhile when I'm not working since she is having a c-section. I will need some sort of adult time hehe

Maybe I can argue with people about late fees or something for entertainment.

:jest:

I will need some sort of adult time hehe

Oh so it's that sort of video store :P

:lol: I wish it was that type of store it would make it way more fun but it's not!

today is my last day here in the restaurant and I'm so happy. I have this huge feeling of relief and I don't even feel that stressed out anymore either. I've just been cleaning off and on all morning and checking VJ. haven't had any customers but as I've run out of things this week I took them off the menu so I didn't have tons of stuff left over at the end of the week. i'm so excited!!!!!

Timeline
You don't know how excited I am about a job where I don't even really have to think and I can just come home and forget about work until it's time to go back. It's going to be wonderful!

That's exactly the job I accepted at the fitness center until I can find a decent job. I haven't started yet but am already dreading this job. All I am required to be able to do this job is be alive, really.

I can understand how you feel though. I felt like that back in Brazil right after I quit this job, I had to take care of everything and everybody and they'd call me at home, on weekends, it was crazy. I loved it. But the sensation right after I left was a relief and I was like ''all I want now is a job where I don't have to think, specially when the thinking is not only for me but for everybody else''

But after working here for a couple weeks I was already thinking I really miss having that kind of crazy fast paced job with lots of responsibilities.

That's my dream, to get a job like that again. I just hope I find something fast cuz that fitness center job will bore me to death.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
dang, my health insurance is driving me crazy :wacko:

I just found out yesterday that I needed to have gotten "permission" to see a therapist before you go... :unsure: I have been about 3 or 4 times already and now because I didn't get the "permission" they didn't cover the cost... :angry: there is also some misunderstanding about deductibles... we don't have any deductibles we have to pay but they are saying for last year that I didn't pay enough deductibles.. :blink:

also I got a bill from one of the doctors I went to see last December and it looks like the insurance didn't cover the ultrasound I had... I remember reading somewhere that my insurance will only cover the first ultrasound unless it is medically necessary... and this one was... it wasn't like I went in and said hey, I want an ultrasound... the doctor needed to do one to see what was going on....

so now I have to call the insurance company and try to straighten this all out.... :wacko:

oh and to top it all off, I just found out on the insurance site, that the anesthesiologist I had was not in-network so we have to pay for most of it... so I am expecting the bill for that any day now... :angry::wacko::blink::unsure:

I think a lot of insurance companies you pay a certain percentage up to a certain amount like maybe $2000 or $5000 per person that is covered per year before they cover the whole cost

with our insurance ,we don't have deductibles... I think they just goofed up.... this is even the first time deductibles has come up ...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Nessa, I hear ya. Busy, fast-paced work can be a real stressor but it's also so incredibly invigorating. It's like being in a race against time, all the time. That'll tire you out but when it stops you miss it. It's sick! :P

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

I need to focus on the good things about this job:

- I don't need to drive around looking for a parking space at the gym anymore cuz I can use the staff parking yay!! :dance:

- I'll have the mornings free to look for a job and if necessary have interviews. yay!! :dance:

- I'll only be between jobs for 22.5 hours yay!! :P

- I'll have Fridays and Saturdays off, which is not that bad.

that's all i can think right now.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
Nessa, I hear ya. Busy, fast-paced work can be a real stressor but it's also so incredibly invigorating. It's like being in a race against time, all the time. That'll tire you out but when it stops you miss it. It's sick! :P

tell me about it. Life would be perfect if we could have jobs like that for a couple years and then take a brak and have a brainless job for 2 months and then back to that job :lol:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah me!!

i just called the insurance and found out that the insurance company's check and the statement the doctor sent me must have crossed paths in the mail... so that is taken care of :thumbs:

and then I called about the permission for the therapist and set that all up and she said that would even cover the visits I already had.. the therapist just has to resubmit the claims...

they only thing I forgot to ask about was the deductible.... :unsure: guess I need to call back...

mvSuprise-hug.gif