5,583 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

We're putting up our tree next weekend. We usually do it later in the day on Thanksgiving but we actually haven't even picked one out this year. Which isn't that big of a deal considering all I have to do is walk down the driveway and choose one. But since Thanksgiving was a week earlier this year than usual and it's been so dry this year, we're waiting until next weekend to put the tree up. It's supposed to rain some this week so we're hoping it does so the tree won't crash and burn after we cut it. :lol: We already got most of our inside decorations up and Javi plans on putting up the outside ones later today.

I'm gonna throw in my shameless plug here for Appalachian State. They play in the first round playoffs tomorrow against James Madison University. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!

Chad: Actually, one of the coaches that used to coach at Appalachian is at LSU now. Stacey, shoot, I can't remember his last name. I'm pretty sure he's still coaching there. I don't think he's moved to another school.

Edited by Bootylicious

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

31 days to Christmas! Wahooo! :dance:

I already put some decorations up on my balcony and some bird food for the sparrows! I am not sure, if I am going to put up a tree this year...I live on the fourth floor and have to carry it all the way up here. And I have wodden floors and I can see myself having tree neddles everywhere in the apartment, because I am plain lazy and really far away from being a domestic goddess. Especially I can se having needles stuck in my feet because I usually only wear socks around the house. And then, once Christmas is over, it'll take ages until I have removed the tree - one year it was up until March... :unsure: I was about to just leave it there, hang Easter ornaments and pretend it's an Easter tree.

post-3295-1195833348_thumb.jpg

Good morning. We are off to the post office in a bit to mail Claudeth's i-751 :dance:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

We're putting up our tree next weekend. We usually do it later in the day on Thanksgiving but we actually haven't even picked one out this year. Which isn't that big of a deal considering all I have to do is walk down the driveway and choose one. But since Thanksgiving was a week earlier this year than usual and it's been so dry this year, we're waiting until next weekend to put the tree up. It's supposed to rain some this week so we're hoping it does so the tree won't crash and burn after we cut it. :lol: We already got most of our inside decorations up and Javi plans on putting up the outside ones later today.

I'm gonna throw in my shameless plug here for Appalachian State. They play in the first round playoffs tomorrow against James Madison University. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!

Chad: Actually, one of the coaches that used to coach at Appalachian is at LSU now. Stacey, shoot, I can't remember his last name. I'm pretty sure he's still coaching there. I don't think he's moved to another school.

I like App. State... I was so happy in the beginning of the season when they knocked big bad Mich. down! :lol: That was so awesome :thumbs:

I like App. State... I was so happy in the beginning of the season when they knocked big bad Mich. down! :lol: That was so awesome :thumbs:

Yeah, it was awesome. Unfortunately a lot of our guys ended up getting hurt up there. It's made for a tough season what with everyone trying to get healthy again. We're hoping we can hold our own against JMU but we're working with a very young defense. Most of our D-line are true freshmen. It's tough to be so inexperienced. Of course, that is the same D-line that played against Michigan so they must not be too bad. We're hoping we can pull out the 3-peat this year. Our conference has been really crapped on this year. We only got two teams in the playoffs, us and Wofford College. We both tied for conference champs but they beat us so they were the winners. They didn't even get a seed in the playoffs, conference champs and didn't get seeded. It's #######! Especially when New Hampshire was 7-4 in their conference and got seeded when there were 8-3 teams in that same conference that didn't even make the playoffs. It's hard to say we get the short end of the stick most of the time because it makes us seem like spoiled sports, but the sad thing is, it's true. Appalachian State has always been the least liked school in our conference because we are so much bigger and bring in so much more money than the other schools. I'm just hoping we can win another championship this year.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we just have a fake tree... no fuss no mess... and it looks just as nice with all the ornaments and lights on it :thumbs:

this was our tree last year... of course it looks better when it is dark and the lights are on...

2006_1128001.jpg

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

we just have a fake tree... no fuss no mess... and it looks just as nice with all the ornaments and lights on it :thumbs:

this was our tree last year... of course it looks better when it is dark and the lights are on...

2006_1128001.jpg

That looks nice, Marylin. Do you really have that many presents under your tree already? Did you shake them already? ;)

Finally someone is joining me with the Christmas preparations and countdown!!! :D

I loooove it!!

By the way, I just ate my first chocolate Santa this year. He weight 150 grams and was delicious! :devil: Off with his head!!!

christmastimetable2qy6.gif

Edited by Julie

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

2006_1128001.jpg

That looks nice, Marylin. Do you really have that many presents under your tree already? Did you shake them already? ;)

Finally someone is joining me with the Christmas preparations and countdown!!! :D

I loooove it!!

christmastimetable2qy6.gif

that pic was taken last Christmas :whistle: we are hopefully going to put up the tree this Sunday...

I don't really have any presents bought yet :unsure: and I won't be able to buy a lot this year because our budget is really low... :(

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Small, home-made gifts are the best anyway - don't worry about having a small budget!

I'll be giving away home made food - I marinated some stuffed chillies (I grew them on my balcony this summer) in olive oil and put it into cute little jars, with a nice tag around them. I love low budget gifts, because people usually invest more time in making them instead of just hopping on to Amazon, click and buy.

I am actually trying to crochet a beanie for Jeffrey, unfortunately I am totally talent free when it comes to crochet...the first one rather looked like a bag than a beanie and the second one would fit on a 10 inch teddybear. Anyone up for some crochet action? LOL