Delicia

Attemped break-in last nite

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy that ur okay and good thing for your dog, it must have been quite traumatic...plz take care of urself...glad ur safe.. (F)

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so relieved that your dog was there. I think that you should probably set up some kind of alert system to let you know if you have any more noctural visits. A string with some tin cans is perfectly legal and will cause enough racket that it will draw attention. That is a good temporary solution. I wish mere words could offer you reassurance that there won't be a repeat performance but I do think this a one-time only deal. Sounds like he's not coming back, if it's any solace. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow. Thank God you are okay. Dogs are so awesome when it comes to security. :) The perpetrator may return though. I'd report the incident to the police and give them the details of his appearance so they can do a sketch if you haven't already.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad ur ok! i would definetly report this to police, good to have this on record, and one should do this soon so you can still recall his appearance.

Dogs of all sizes make great security devices!! Many think their lovable dog would never stick up for them, but in most instances the dog will go into protect mode. Saw this with my Sheltie. The ex and the Sheltie left for the walk early at night. I went the opposite direction to catch up. When I saw them, i came at them in a run, The Sheltie went into full attack mode!! never ever seen him like that! He was going to protect the ex!! Once I said his name, he instantly went back to his normal happy self.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Glad ur ok! i would definetly report this to police, good to have this on record, and one should do this soon so you can still recall his appearance.

Dogs of all sizes make great security devices!! Many think their lovable dog would never stick up for them, but in most instances the dog will go into protect mode. Saw this with my Sheltie. The ex and the Sheltie left for the walk early at night. I went the opposite direction to catch up. When I saw them, i came at them in a run, The Sheltie went into full attack mode!! never ever seen him like that! He was going to protect the ex!! Once I said his name, he instantly went back to his normal happy self.

Just like to add that you should write down everything you can remember about the incident (time, what happened, appearance of the intruder) and be as factual as possible, before you go to the police station. That will make things go much more smoothly and it will save you and the police a great deal of time and effort. The only thing more dangerous than an attack dog is an attack cat.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I definitely agree; you should report it... the guy will probably try breaking into other houses and it could possibly be prevented.

And good for the dog :)

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am glad that everything turn out well for you and the worse that happened was your heart skipped a beat.

It seems like he was looking for a place to crash for the night, he may have bee there before and didn't know it had been rented and probably believed it wasn't since there is no furniture in that specific room. Making a police report would be beneficial to you and your neighbours because it could cause the police to patrol that area more often for a while at least.

As for leaving the door open so the dog can get in and out is ok as long as it opens wide enough for the dog. A good thing to do would be to have a stopper of sorts to stop the door from being opened wider than you want it to be, a broom handle cut to the right length and placed on the glider would only allow the door to be closed but not opened further.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

I am glad you are safe! Good thing the dog was there.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.