Pia Faustino

Anyone visiting the Philippines before Christmas 2007?

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone!

My name is Pia Faustino and I'm a researcher for the Filipino television documentary program I-WITNESS which airs Monday nights on GMA7, the Philippines' top-rated tv network.

I came across this forum while doing some online research for a documentary about the growing number of intercultural marriages in the Philippines--in part thanks to the wider availability of internet throughout the country.

I'd like to ask the members of this forum for help in fidning a couple we could feature on our show. Specifically, we're looking for a couple (half of whom should be Filipina, of course) who met online and will be meeting in person for the first time, here in the Philippines, anytime before Christmas 2007. Our intention here is to capture the emotions and issues this couple encounters at this crucial moment in their relationship, and how the people in their lives are also impacted by it.

Does anyone here know such a couple? If so, I'd like to talk with the guy or the girl or both over the phone and discuss whether they'd be

willing to share their story with us. FYI, this episode will be hosted and written by broadcast journalist Ms. Sandra Aguinaldo.

Of course, a couple's first face-to-face meeting is a personal moment and not everyone will want to broadcast it on television. But to give everyone some peace of mind, we at I-Witness have had a lot of experience in handling sensitive topics like this. We've done stories on such polygamy, gay and lesbian issues, teenage mothers, crime in urban poor communities, to name a few. With each episode, we strive to tell our subjects' stories as faithfully as possible--without judgment or celebration. For the past 8 years this has earned our show a reputation of credibility and quality-- and also made us one of the most internationally awarded programs in Philippine TV (including a Peabody award in 1999 and a gold medal at the New York TV and Film Festivals of 2007). Many people agree to be interviewed on I-Witness because they see our program as a way to empower others with stories similar to their own. I invite you to check out some of our work on YouTube and see for yourself our style.

So, yes. Any leads at all would be much appreciated, everyone! I can be contacted through my mobile 63 9172090852, work phone 63 2 9827777

local 1411 or 1412, or emails piafaustino@yahoo.com.ph, or i-witness4@gmanetwork.com. You can also send me an IM to my yahoo ID piafaustino.

Thanks,

Pia Faustino

Researcher, I-Witness

ps. Those who want to verify my background can check with GMA7 Network in Manila. Their landline is 63 2 9827777 which you can also

check on google. Or you can check this link: http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/index.php?

showtopic=9313&st=20. I also posted a query at this forum some weeks ago, and one of the memers took the liberty of emailing GMA7 to check

my identity. He posted the response on the thread.