Craig_Karina

OPORTUNISTAS

67 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i also remember your posts months ago and i think u never fully trusted her from then and kept your eyes open. u did the right thing in testing her. u needed to find the truth and u did. its a good thing u found everything out before she arrived here and really did damage to u.

good luck with your new live without her. i know times might be rough but remember everything is for a reason and it seams u had an angel watching out for u.

donna

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Craig, I am very sorry to hear what has happened. At the first of our relationship I wondered about her intentions and watched her when we were together. There are some things that you cannot hide and I am thankful none showed up. Through all of our conversations I havnt seen anything that would make me think she is being dishonest. I am a very trusting person and that has caused me some problems in the past. Unless something just reaches out and kicks me like something probably did you, I will trust her. I do know that especially the women from some of these countries have a very difficult time and so does my fiancee. So, if you add a child in there they have it twice has difficult. It may not be right but I can see where a woman might do these things. There have been many people come to this country thru the centuries to marry someone they didnt love so dont let that bother you too much. Men paid for brides to come here and the only knowledge some had was a photo. It's not right, but I can still see where a woman would do this. I am like you I would not want to be married to someone that can lie to me about anything. To me it is sad. Sad for you. Sad for her. Sad for the little girl.

younglove43543.jpg

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think it is sad that the fiance's/fiancee's that are trying to come here to be with their loved ones are being made to feel so bad about themselves. My fiancee had to move out of the apartment she was sharing because the people that lived with her gave her such a hard time about going to the U.S. and marrying a gringo. People in the U.S. and the country they are from think that the only reason they are marrying is to come to the U.S. This is wrong and very hurtful. I dont think we know how painful this can be as another poster was trying to tell us. Friends, family, governments and strangers give them a hard time. My fiancee tells me a little but trys to keep me out of it as much as possible.

younglove43543.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm sad to hear of your bad experience....I remember when I met my wife, a few people in my family told me to watch out for the possibility of her being an "oportunista", which I have observed in other marriages throughout my world travels. However, after having lived here in Argentina for nearly a year and a half, happily married and fully aware of her daily life and family, etc., it's proven to me that she's genuine....more so, when I brought up the topic that one day we should move to the states, she got very upset and told me that she wanted to stay in Argentina. Only after she talked to her family, her pastor, and my family did she understand the opportunities for both of us to live in the states, and she agreed. My fight was the opposite from yours, we had actually never planned on moving to the states!

I will say one thing, as a US latino, I endured alot more discrimination and racism in the USA than I have here in Argentina....every country has its positives and negatives, what matters is our attitude towards making the world a better place, regardless of which country we're from or which country we go to!

1/30/2005 Met first time in Nagoya, Japan

8/4/2005 Engaged

5/6/2006 Married in Posadas, Argentina

11/8/2006 Visited US with wife tourist visa

2/6/2007 returned to Argentina

5/31/2007 Applied I-129-F and I-130 together

6/14/2007 NOA1 I-130

6/19/2007 Touched

11/01/2007 Touched (probably due to address change)

11/06/2007 APPROVED!!!

11/07/2007 NOA2 hard copy

6/20/2007 I-129F NOA1

6/29/2007 I-129F Transferred to CSC

7/14/2007 I-129F touched

11/01/2007 Touched (probably due to address change)

11/06/2007 APPROVED!!!

11/07/2007 NOA2 hard copy

11/07/2007 NVC sent K-3 to embassy

11/08/2007 NVC Approval (FAST!!) hardcopy

11/26/2007 Buenos Aires email confirming receipt of case

12/13/2007 Medical completed

1/10/2008 Packet 3 handed in (finally!) at Buenos Aires embassy

1/22/2008 Confirmation of visa appointment

2/21/2008 Visa Interview APPROVED!

2/27/2008 Entry @ Atlanta-Hartfield airport

2/28/2008 Settled in and waiting for a greencard in the mail....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think it is sad that the fiance's/fiancee's that are trying to come here to be with their loved ones are being made to feel so bad about themselves. My fiancee had to move out of the apartment she was sharing because the people that lived with her gave her such a hard time about going to the U.S. and marrying a gringo. People in the U.S. and the country they are from think that the only reason they are marrying is to come to the U.S. This is wrong and very hurtful. I dont think we know how painful this can be as another poster was trying to tell us. Friends, family, governments and strangers give them a hard time. My fiancee tells me a little but trys to keep me out of it as much as possible.

i wish all american husbands and wives here understood this as well as you do

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

My family thought for a bit that my husband may be using me to get to the US. Actually the opposite is true. He really doesn't want to come here but we decided to pursue the US visa for financial reasons. Now, because of the visa backlog we are looking at me going to the UK and I couldn't be happier. I love the US and the UK. :)

The most important thing to me is bein with my hubby. I'm sure that's what everyone else wants.

07/18/2007: Married in Gretna Green, Scotland

08/29/2007: I-130 Application Recieved at NSC

12/21/2007: Received NOA1 from CSC

01/08/2008: Touched-Change of Address

2229.gif

.png

.png

i wish all american husbands and wives here understood this as well as you do

Elbereth, perhaps you would have been better understood if your statements hadn't been laced with immature and degrading comments about America. ;)

21FUNNY.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.