Evgeniya

October / November I-130 2007 Filers

752 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
If I don't see something in the next 2 weeks I am going to do as I suggested above. Since we can't call to get attention, resubmitting the paperwork with the NOA1 and a letter asking if somehow they misplaced the original documents or filed them incorrectly or god knows what and that the received date was to be honored, not the NOA1 date and therefore could they please ensure that the application is put in the proper order for review, seems all we can do. If we use their processing times, we'll have to wait for several months to be able to even talk to them (legally) on the phone.

If they lost (misplaced) files, would they admit it? And would they be forthcoming or would we have to ask and then, what constitutes a legal time to ask? (And if they find a December 2006 application sitting under a file nobody has looked at for a long time, will they change the date back to December 2006?? :jest: )

That's not true ! Once you file any application with USCIS, it is entered into their computer system, so that they can sort it out. It is not paper based system. You get the receipt notice of any application from their computer system. Sometimes, date goes back due to the reason (one guy got RFE and he/she sent the docs back to the USCIS and when they posted the date on the web site periodically, it was that bad guy's priority date), not because of one file sitting inside a drawer.

Why some people is getting approvals faster than others could be for many reasons:

1) Which officer handles the case

2) If the application is clean (with all required docs and completely filled forms)

3) If it is expedited case

4) And so many other unknown factors...

But personally, I don't like USCIS the way they work. Recently, they have made tremendous improvements such as speeding up FBI name check, adding additional staff (of course, with our money) etc. I know couple of my friends who are stuck in FBI name check for more than 2 year !!! FBI has to clear 300,000+ cases from the name check.

Thats not true completely ...loto ...Most of us when we send an application , we go through application 100 times making sure everything is correct including check ...and other docs...b/c we want our spouses in our hands ASAP..(means application is clean on our side lol)

But they may get dirty and kept behind the log if an officer hands are dirty ..lol :rofl: ....Then another officer wakes up with clean hands will take some time to clean the dirt on file to approve it faster lol .....See Dirt to clean is taking longer time ...

Some lucky ppl like you loto ...will get into clean hands in the begining get approved faster ...lol :P

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
Their system was set up to expect the NOA1 date to be very close to the receipt date. Therefore it is very possible that they are looking at NOA1 dates which were January for many October people, rather than October for the RECEIPT date, which is when they physically received the file and which is indeed the date they said they would honor. So somewhere in their they have to deviate from their usual procedure of using the NOA date in order to handle these cases that were sent to the lock box from Vermont and then back to Vermont.

However, my comment about the file and date was clearly in jest, thus the jester icon.

Shrewd -- I do not think you have an RFE. Nope.

This is logical and may be true (one of my unknown factors). USCIS must have taken NOA1 date rather than physical receipt date to approve the cases.

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline
If I don't see something in the next 2 weeks I am going to do as I suggested above. Since we can't call to get attention, resubmitting the paperwork with the NOA1 and a letter asking if somehow they misplaced the original documents or filed them incorrectly or god knows what and that the received date was to be honored, not the NOA1 date and therefore could they please ensure that the application is put in the proper order for review, seems all we can do. If we use their processing times, we'll have to wait for several months to be able to even talk to them (legally) on the phone.

If they lost (misplaced) files, would they admit it? And would they be forthcoming or would we have to ask and then, what constitutes a legal time to ask? (And if they find a December 2006 application sitting under a file nobody has looked at for a long time, will they change the date back to December 2006?? :jest: )

That's not true ! Once you file any application with USCIS, it is entered into their computer system, so that they can sort it out. It is not paper based system. You get the receipt notice of any application from their computer system. Sometimes, date goes back due to the reason (one guy got RFE and he/she sent the docs back to the USCIS and when they posted the date on the web site periodically, it was that bad guy's priority date), not because of one file sitting inside a drawer.

Why some people is getting approvals faster than others could be for many reasons:

1) Which officer handles the case

2) If the application is clean (with all required docs and completely filled forms)

3) If it is expedited case

4) And so many other unknown factors...

But personally, I don't like USCIS the way they work. Recently, they have made tremendous improvements such as speeding up FBI name check, adding additional staff (of course, with our money) etc. I know couple of my friends who are stuck in FBI name check for more than 2 year !!! FBI has to clear 300,000+ cases from the name check.

Thats not true completely ...loto ...Most of us when we send an application , we go through application 100 times making sure everything is correct including check ...and other docs...b/c we want our spouses in our hands ASAP..(means application is clean on our side lol)

But they may get dirty and kept behind the log if an officer hands are dirty ..lol :rofl: ....Then another officer wakes up with clean hands will take some time to clean the dirt on file to approve it faster lol .....See Dirt to clean is taking longer time ...

Some lucky ppl like you loto ...will get into clean hands in the begining get approved faster ...lol :P

hahahahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good logical thinking Sgr, made me laugh again a lot :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NVC

Consulate

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
She told you that you actually had an RFE? The automated system gives that canned message whether you have an RFE or not if you aren't actually in as having an RFE (as I understand it -- need to search on that.) So unless she confirmed that it says you have one, she might have been giving you a kiss off response and not an actual response.

well she was all like..getting my address and everything..so obviously she wasnt looking in my file or she would have known that already. and she put me on hold and was like.."I am making note that it needs to be mailed to you and blah blah..with an adjucator by may 18" and when I asked what it was she said "they need to mail you the letter because it is personal information"

she didnt even know my name

she took my receipt number first and then my zip code..then my name and then my address

if she looked up my file then shouldnt she have known all that already?

so what do you guys think?

do I have an RFE or no?

the more I think about it I think she has no clue. she just gave me a date that is 30 days beyond today.

I keep trying to call and get thru to VSC but "there is noone to take your call"

I bet they leave at 5... even though it says six!

First of all calling USCIS front desk officers (though they say they are officers with their badge#) are waste of time. They are bunch of school boys/girls who can read the computer screen :star: Instead of we calling them, it is always better idea to involve a congressman/senator though it may not speed up the case ! Just a thought...

I have been in contact with my congressman a gazillion times. useless

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
She told you that you actually had an RFE? The automated system gives that canned message whether you have an RFE or not if you aren't actually in as having an RFE (as I understand it -- need to search on that.) So unless she confirmed that it says you have one, she might have been giving you a kiss off response and not an actual response.

well she was all like..getting my address and everything..so obviously she wasnt looking in my file or she would have known that already. and she put me on hold and was like.."I am making note that it needs to be mailed to you and blah blah..with an adjucator by may 18" and when I asked what it was she said "they need to mail you the letter because it is personal information"

she didnt even know my name

she took my receipt number first and then my zip code..then my name and then my address

if she looked up my file then shouldnt she have known all that already?

so what do you guys think?

do I have an RFE or no?

the more I think about it I think she has no clue. she just gave me a date that is 30 days beyond today.

I keep trying to call and get thru to VSC but "there is noone to take your call"

I bet they leave at 5... even though it says six!

First of all calling USCIS front desk officers (though they say they are officers with their badge#) are waste of time. They are bunch of school boys/girls who can read the computer screen :star: Instead of we calling them, it is always better idea to involve a congressman/senator though it may not speed up the case ! Just a thought...

I have been in contact with my congressman a gazillion times. useless

For immigration cases, everybody is useless including the first lady. But just for our mental satisfaction, we just use them. :star:

NVC

Consulate

Timeline

well guys, I tried to call and get someone to talk ot me about my case and the automated system said that I needed to "submit the documents they requested"

which WAS NONE.

when I finally talked to someone they sent me back to the USCIS person (the computer did) and they didnt even see that on my file but then put me on hold and said that they would mail me the letter by may 18 telling what I needed.

I WANT TO DIE. I have waited for 6 months just to see that I might have an RFE. BULL SH*T

I am so mad.

I have heard of this happening to people and they didnt really need any info..so we will see.

I think I may call back and try to get someone from VSC.

Hey Shrewdie, that message on the line is an automated one. It confused me too. Had me goin crazy thinking they needed an official marriage certificate or something. But when i talked to the operator she said she did not see any RFE on my case, so it could very well mean no RFE for you. And the My date is problably your completion date so it sounds like you are getting close.

What I'm thinking is that VSC pulled adjucators off I-130 to process I-129F's for the K1 folks. That is why its taking so long for you guys to get approval.

I'm still praying for you all. At least the NVC is pulling out this online payment system so you will likely cathc up withthe rest of us soon enough.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

well guys, I tried to call and get someone to talk ot me about my case and the automated system said that I needed to "submit the documents they requested"

which WAS NONE.

when I finally talked to someone they sent me back to the USCIS person (the computer did) and they didnt even see that on my file but then put me on hold and said that they would mail me the letter by may 18 telling what I needed.

I WANT TO DIE. I have waited for 6 months just to see that I might have an RFE. BULL SH*T

I am so mad.

I have heard of this happening to people and they didnt really need any info..so we will see.

Hey Shrewdie, that message on the line is an automated one. It confused me too. Had me goin crazy thinking they needed an official marriage certificate or something. But when i talked to the operator she said she did not see any RFE on my case, so it could very well mean no RFE for you. And the My date is problably your completion date so it sounds like you are getting close.

What I'm thinking is that VSC pulled adjucators off I-130 to process I-129F's for the K1 folks. That is why its taking so long for you guys to get approval.

I'm still praying for you all. At least the NVC is pulling out this online payment system so you will likely cathc up withthe rest of us soon enough.

marlita thanks for ur info.. it realyhelped.. mine and shrwedies timeline is very similar.. i hope we dont have RFEs and i hope so by may they complete our process. and i heard abt the NVC online payment that is so cool....

i hope we do catch up ... keep pray in for us.. and hope ur reunited with ur spouse sooooonnn

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

which WAS NONE.

I am so mad.

marlita thanks for ur info.. it realyhelped.. mine and shrwedies timeline is very similar.. i hope we dont have RFEs and i hope so by may they complete our process. and i heard abt the NVC online payment that is so cool....

i hope we do catch up ... keep pray in for us.. and hope ur reunited with ur spouse sooooonnn

thanks Lita

the more I think about it the less I think I have an RFE

I hope we all hear something SOON!!!!!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello, everyone! I have been reading your posts for some time now... I am sharing your situation: applied for I-130 in October ( my "lawyer" did), received NOA 1 in January. I am desperate since I am not only without my husband, but also without my two boys(16 and 2 y.o.), since without my husband I can't really work and take care of them in Amerika. So, I miss everyone so much!.....

Anyway, not too many people dealing with the Rep. of Georgia. But I want to thank you all for all the help and support I got from you, and very usefull information as well.

Why I decided to post --- I spoke to an oficcer last Tuesday, complained ( in a nice way) that it's been 6 months and etc.. she pulled my case out , and said that my case is being reviewed by another officer. And I should expect the answer withing 10 days! I was so happy that day! So I am hoping , that when the automated system says now: more evidence /papers required( it happened with me as well on Tuesday), it means - they are working on the case. Just felt like cheering you up a bit, because I know what it feels like... :yes:

Timeline
Hello, everyone! I have been reading your posts for some time now... I am sharing your situation: applied for I-130 in October ( my "lawyer" did), received NOA 1 in January. I am desperate since I am not only without my husband, but also without my two boys(16 and 2 y.o.), since without my husband I can't really work and take care of them in Amerika. So, I miss everyone so much!.....

Anyway, not too many people dealing with the Rep. of Georgia. But I want to thank you all for all the help and support I got from you, and very usefull information as well.

Why I decided to post --- I spoke to an oficcer last Tuesday, complained ( in a nice way) that it's been 6 months and etc.. she pulled my case out , and said that my case is being reviewed by another officer. And I should expect the answer withing 10 days! I was so happy that day! So I am hoping , that when the automated system says now: more evidence /papers required( it happened with me as well on Tuesday), it means - they are working on the case. Just felt like cheering you up a bit, because I know what it feels like... :yes:

woww thanks for posting this.. thank you sso much.. see SHREDIE u have somethin to look forward to!! anyways i hope u get ur approval soon.. welcome to this thread!

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

woww thanks for posting this.. thank you sso much.. see SHREDIE u have somethin to look forward to!! anyways i hope u get ur approval soon.. welcome to this thread!

I hope thats what it means!

but i have also heard that its an automated response and that since you prompted that number about "we requested more info" then it just automacitally says that..but hyde..you didnt get that did you?

weird. who even knows

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

That's the message you get if you don't have an RFE in the system. If you look through posts, people who have had real RFEs get a more specific message.

The message itself has nothing to do with where you are in the process and won't tell you if someone is looking at your file. Sorry.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline

but i have also heard that its an automated response and that since you prompted that number about "we requested more info" then it just automacitally says that..but hyde..you didnt get that did you?

weird. who even knows

nope i dint get that.. i just pushed prompts that led me to somethin abt if u received a letter from uscis requiring additional doc please pre.. then entered my recpeit number. and then someone pikum up sayin good mornin vermont service center..

mine said nothin abt rfe?

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

(also confirmed by DOS)

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

weird. who even knows

nope i dint get that.. i just pushed prompts that led me to somethin abt if u received a letter from uscis requiring additional doc please pre.. then entered my recpeit number. and then someone pikum up sayin good mornin vermont service center..

I just want to know something soon.

I am tired of trying to figure this out. the stress is affecting our marriage since we have enough stresses with it anyway.

I am probably going to try again after work to day adn see if I can actually get thru to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

weird. who even knows

I just want to know something soon.

I am tired of trying to figure this out. the stress is affecting our marriage since we have enough stresses with it anyway.

I am probably going to try again after work to day adn see if I can actually get thru to VSC

Good luck shrew ........I called them yesterday ...They told me same old " 6" months ####### and " BACKLOG"....nothing changed...If you keep calling after your 6 months time line they tell you "Give us a month more from the date you called lol"

It looks like they donot know other numbers first " 6 " then " 1 " more ....they need to go to Kindergarten to learn other better numbers lol :rofl::rofl: it looks like i am getting ISD lol (Immigration Stress Disorder " ) :unsure::angry::crying::wacko:

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.