Evgeniya

October / November I-130 2007 Filers

752 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ya kitty they posted their approval before.. the names are CHITTU AND PRIYA.. i saw this the moment they announced their approval...

goshh when will we get approved... we both filed the same date... i bet we should call on april 16 !!! lol and tell them our 6 months is up!

oh Hyd, I am doing the countdown! Yes, I plan to call them too once the 180 days and say where is my approval? :angry: I feel like they have maybe 1 adjudicator on the I-130's! Cuz the approvals are just so sparce. Seriously we should start to consider a collection of signatures of those having met the timeline and not have their cases adjudicated yet!

I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE!!!

This is rediculous. I have talked to my congressman and it is useless pretty much. What are we going to do guys??? at this rate it could be this time NEXT YEAR that my husband comes home.

I am happy for people, but everytime I read abotu someone being approved that just petitioned in like MARCH. or the K-1 approvals it makes me lose even more hope. I just dont know.

I am about to go crazy over here!!!

GOSH IDONT KNOW WHAT TO DO EITEHR.. I THINK ITS UNFAIR TO THE US CITIZENS WHO FILED WAY BEFORE OTHERS, AND ARE ATILL WAITING.. THATS NOT HOW HUMANITY WORKS.. IM HAPY FOR THOSE PPL WHO GOT APPROVED.. BUT THE USCIS SYSTEM IS CRAK... CRAKED AND WACKED UP... IM WAITIN TILL APRIL 16.. THATS IT AND IM CALIN EITHER ON APRIL 16 OR THE NEXT DAY.. AND I WILL USE THE RFE LINE.. AND IF THEY DONT HELP MUCH THEN I AM GETIN MY CONGRESSMAN INVOLVED.. I HEARD HE IS A GOOD ONE.. SO MAYBE THAT MIGHT HELP..

I HAVE A WEEK TO SEE MY APPROVAL AND THEN IM TAKIN ACTION.. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPPENS.. WE ARE A FEW DAYS AWAY FROM APRIL 15 FOR THE NEW POST DATE BUT APPARENTLY THEY DONT POST TILL THE LAST 2 DAYS OF MONTH ENDING.. WE GOT TO SEE WHAT THEY POST NOW .. WHO KNOWS MAYBE THEYL BE BAK AT JUNE 07 :(

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:unsure: Dont go crazy yet, if you go crazy , I might go crazy, and someone else might go crazy, it could be a chain reaction of crazy, next thing you know we will be planning road trips to vermont and california sitting out front of USCIS with signs that say "Heck no we wont go, let us be with our S.O." And with the pressure from uscis alone im not sure if i could deal with pressure of being on the news, I mean, I would need atleast 2 hours to get ready :whistle:

Its a funny thing about this whole situation when i look back at it, "oh its only a 6-9 month total wait time" said the lawyer who was asking for 2,500.00 "Well thats not so bad thanks for your advice if i decide to use a lawyer I will be sure to call you" said the man who couldnt imagine paying 2,500.00 to have some papers filled out. 6-9 months , yes thats where my hope started, "its only 6-9 months" .....................almost 5 months later :help: "why is this taking so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, am i moving to brazil, what is uscis doing, ah ####### i wore my bunny slippers to work again!!!!!!!!!! :blush: " I think the panic set in around the time that I saw USCIS was taking 1-3 months for a NOA1, wow , it was really something just to get a NOA1 at that time, then they changed their time frames, then just sitting here waiting for USCIS to show some sign of life for many other people and not only myself, USCIS is a dissapointment theme park , their best ride....... The blackhole spiral of lost hope.

I want off the ride now but the light at the end of the tunnel has me drawn in like a moth to a flame. Dont give up hope, for most of our lives we only have hope , for our jobs, for our family, for the world, and for the future. When you lose hope you lose focus, and when you lose focus you make mistakes, some big and some small, some that affect your for the next 10 minutes and some for the rest of your life. We are all here on this forum searching for hope and i hope we all find what we need to find, be it a friend or only having the feeling of not being alone in this process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There are a huge amount of us that are about to reach our 180 days..If there are that many of us on VJ imagine how many of us there REALLY are.

They have to be aware of that. I predict we will get news very very soon. If not, I dont know what I will do. I guess i will call my congressman again.

and yes, hyd, It is VERY unfair to those of us that have been waiting forever.

Here is my thing - if they have SO MANY people with K-1 getting approved (a long time ago if they filed in october) and they are SO BACKED UP with 130s.....then lets use some common sense and move some employees around and equal times up...I mean seriously.

I just feel completely injusticed.

When I called my congressman the lady assigned to my case had the nerve to say to me "this isnt going to be approved in a few days, it does take some time" I almost hit the ceiling...I felt completely disrespected

I said "maam I am aware that this is a lengthy process and I am aware that you have plenty of work to do besides my case, but to respond to your statement I am the one that had to leave my husband as a newly wed to come home and fulfill a teaching contract, I am the one that at the end of a long day goes home to a house alone, I wake up every morning without my husband, I am painfully aware of exactly how long this process is infact taking"

guys- there has to be something we can do - right???

maybe a petition is a good idea??

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
There are a huge amount of us that are about to reach our 180 days..If there are that many of us on VJ imagine how many of us there REALLY are.

They have to be aware of that. I predict we will get news very very soon. If not, I dont know what I will do. I guess i will call my congressman again.

Here is my thing - if they have SO MANY people with K-1 getting approved (a long time ago if they filed in october) and they are SO BACKED UP with 130s.....then lets use some common sense and move some employees around and equal times up...I mean seriously.

When I called my congressman the lady assigned to my case had the nerve to say to me "this isnt going to be approved in a few days, it does take some time" I almost hit the ceiling...I felt completely disrespected

I said "maam I am aware that this is a lengthy process and I am aware that you have plenty of work to do besides my case, but to respond to your statement I am the one that had to leave my husband as a newly wed to come home and fulfill a teaching contract, I am the one that at the end of a long day goes home to a house alone, I wake up every morning without my husband, I am painfully aware of exactly how long this process is infact taking"

If there is something that can be done please count me in and let me know what to do.

I know I haven't been waiting as long as most but I'm getting really frustrated with this whole thing.

In the beginning I thought "sure we can wait 9 or 10 months. We are strong enough" but I'm starting to realize it may take 13-15 months or longer!

When I see other people getting approved it makes me happy and gives me hope that our application might be approved soon. But not seeing anything is driving me crazy!

I love my wife so much. Yes I will see her soon but I want to be with her and my new baby forever. Screw this one and two month visit bullsh!t!!!

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Timeline

If there is something that can be done please count me in and let me know what to do.

I know I haven't been waiting as long as most but I'm getting really frustrated with this whole thing.

In the beginning I thought "sure we can wait 9 or 10 months. We are strong enough" but I'm starting to realize it may take 13-15 months or longer!

When I see other people getting approved it makes me happy and gives me hope that our application might be approved soon. But not seeing anything is driving me crazy!

I love my wife so much. Yes I will see her soon but I want to be with her and my new baby forever. Screw this one and two month visit bullsh!t!!!

yaa lets just keep hope... and see what happens at our 180 mark... :/ thats all we can do for now...

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

yaa lets just keep hope... and see what happens at our 180 mark... :/ thats all we can do for now...

:whistle: it's less than a week now Hyd... less than a week! :angry:

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Timeline

ya kitty they posted their approval before.. the names are CHITTU AND PRIYA.. i saw this the moment they announced their approval...

goshh when will we get approved... we both filed the same date... i bet we should call on april 16 !!! lol and tell them our 6 months is up!

oh Hyd, I am doing the countdown! Yes, I plan to call them too once the 180 days and say where is my approval? :angry: I feel like they have maybe 1 adjudicator on the I-130's! Cuz the approvals are just so sparce. Seriously we should start to consider a collection of signatures of those having met the timeline and not have their cases adjudicated yet!

This is rediculous. I have talked to my congressman and it is useless pretty much. What are we going to do guys??? at this rate it could be this time NEXT YEAR that my husband comes home.

I am happy for people, but everytime I read abotu someone being approved that just petitioned in like MARCH. or the K-1 approvals it makes me lose even more hope. I just dont know.

Hang in there Shrewdi.. our approval is coming or else we'll have to find a way to take it from them! :angry: But it seems they are close to getting to our dates.. what makes me worried sometimes is when they skip a chunk of ppl and start working on dates after we've filed!

Our spouses are counting on us to keep a level head and do our best and think wisely. So we will do that.. uscis says they need 180 days.. ok .. but after that its my time :whistle: If we need to collect signatures for a petition.. we'll just do that and anything else that will get the fire under their toosh :devil:

USCIS (Total 212 days)

-----

-------------

Timeline

Hang in there Shrewdi.. our approval is coming or else we'll have to find a way to take it from them! :angry: But it seems they are close to getting to our dates.. what makes me worried sometimes is when they skip a chunk of ppl and start working on dates after we've filed!

Our spouses are counting on us to keep a level head and do our best and think wisely. So we will do that.. uscis says they need 180 days.. ok .. but after that its my time :whistle: If we need to collect signatures for a petition.. we'll just do that and anything else that will get the fire under their toosh :devil:

yup kity and shrewdgal... we r so close to 180 days now.. i have a feeling we wont get aproved before that time :( but ya USCIS says they need 180 days ok we gave them 180 days now they givebak to us!! lets see what happens next week.. then im calin on the 17th...

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

(also confirmed by DOS)

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

yup kity and shrewdgal... we r so close to 180 days now.. i have a feeling we wont get aproved before that time :( but ya USCIS says they need 180 days ok we gave them 180 days now they givebak to us!! lets see what happens next week.. then im calin on the 17th...

I can feel howmuch terrible pain we all going through this process just being approved for one single file is 6 months ...just I cannot imagine this ...In my opinion there should not be an excuse like" we have a back log " inspite of increasing their fees and employees.All they need hardworking and efficient people to work in their offices.I think we all should do something to resolve these issues not to get repeated for ever.....I wish you all good luck ....let me know your progress..........thanks

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I'm am not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but I have investigated using my senator's office and using them to issue an inquiry. I don't know where this mysterious '180 days' or '6 months' originated, but those are not any kind of magic numbers.

According to Senator Kyl's office, a Congress person can issue a 'Congressional Inquiry' to any federal office on behalf of a constituent. Sen. Kyl is a member of the Sentate sub-Committiee on Immigration and has been for several years. However, in regards to USCIS, his office, will not usually issue this inquiry until the constituent's case is outside of 'normal' processing times. These times can be found posted on the USCIS website. Unfortunately, perhaps just a few months ago, those times were usually 6 months from petition filing date and that is where these 'magic numbers' originated. However, as we all are experiencing now, it is much longer. Now, those times are closer to 7-9 months. Requesting an inquiry now will more than likely, according my senator's office, only result in a canned response stating that the petition is within 'normal and published' processing times.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
I'm am not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but I have investigated using my senator's office and using them to issue an inquiry. I don't know where this mysterious '180 days' or '6 months' originated, but those are not any kind of magic numbers.

According to Senator Kyl's office, a Congress person can issue a 'Congressional Inquiry' to any federal office on behalf of a constituent. Sen. Kyl is a member of the Sentate sub-Committiee on Immigration and has been for several years. However, in regards to USCIS, his office, will not usually issue this inquiry until the constituent's case is outside of 'normal' processing times. These times can be found posted on the USCIS website. Unfortunately, perhaps just a few months ago, those times were usually 6 months from petition filing date and that is where these 'magic numbers' originated. However, as we all are experiencing now, it is much longer. Now, those times are closer to 7-9 months. Requesting an inquiry now will more than likely, according my senator's office, only result in a canned response stating that the petition is within 'normal and published' processing times.

The issue is not the "normal processing time" it's the inconsistency with USCIS procedures. I like an inquiry to find out how USCIS boast about processing cases "in the order received"!! If that's the case, how in the hell do people who recently petitioned in the past 2-3 months got approved? ((For those that got approved early, don't get the wrong idea.. I'm happy that you don't endure the long pain, but it's annoying for those who waited for so long))

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

Kitty, I understand your frustration, I know you filed way before me, but today when I saw a VSC approval on a K1 that took only 11 days for approval, I hit the roof, all VSC is processing is K1 I saw one approved in 11 days, 23 days, 25 days, and several more, and they all filed after me.

I was a January filer, and the said part all I get from USCIS is they are approving according to the posted time lines, I said what posted time lines, I only see the ones for Sept, not the times lines for filing 11 days ago, then dead silence on phone. I hate this so much. All want is to be with my husband, we have never lived together as husband and wife, as like many more on VJ.

Good luck Kitty, keep praying.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Kitty, I understand your frustration, I know you filed way before me, but today when I saw a VSC approval on a K1 that took only 11 days for approval, I hit the roof, all VSC is processing is K1 I saw one approved in 11 days, 23 days, 25 days, and several more, and they all filed after me.

I was a January filer, and the said part all I get from USCIS is they are approving according to the posted time lines, I said what posted time lines, I only see the ones for Sept, not the times lines for filing 11 days ago, then dead silence on phone. I hate this so much. All want is to be with my husband, we have never lived together as husband and wife, as like many more on VJ.

Good luck Kitty, keep praying.

Paris Heart

:luv: Thank you kindly Paris...there is too many of us hitting the 6th month mark, and others way past it. It's difficult to keep positive when approvals are not making much sense in the way they are processing them, as u mentioned k-1's are getting approved quite fast now.. while a few months ago.. they had to wait so long aswell. There is some I-130's being approved quite early too while the rest of us sit waiting without any real way to make ourselves heard and call attention to our own cases, is the cause of our frustration. Now if we were seeing loads of approvals coming frm them, it would be a different case as we'd know soon they'd get to ours.

I left my husbands side a year ago, it's emotionally draining to be apart for this long without any idea of when we will be together. So, let's hope they start back up on the I-130's and continue for the next months adjudicating them!! :wacko:

USCIS (Total 212 days)

-----

-------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just really dont know what to do.

I have never felt this way before. so hopeless. and that is what I feel.

I agree, there would be some hope if we at least saw VSC processing in somewhat of an ORDER..but no..here we are...all lost in the dark.

I am so angry.

Do you think it would have mattered if we had all gotten lawyers? (like anyone could afford it with the VISA fees too!)

Maybe I just need to take a break from VJ because I have started checking it obsessively seeing if anyone has updated approvals.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Having a lawyer would do nothing to improve processing times. (And half of the visa lawyers don't seem to really know their job as far as I can tell, anyway.)

On the 22nd it will be 6 months for me, too. But we are fortunate in that we get to see one another frequently. I feel for those who are apart for the majority of this process.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.