Evgeniya

October / November I-130 2007 Filers

752 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
The Chicago Lockbox as of 01/31/2008 states receipts has been sent to Petitioners who filed up to 12/24/2007. I called USCIS once again and said why do they state that date when as an October filer has not received anything yet or had a cashed check. He told me that that date reflects the date that filers who submitted their I-130 directly to the Chicago Lockbox not to the other service centers. He said there is no timeline for petitioners who filed their I-130 to the other service center so its bascially a free fall, which I stated in an earlier blog. So, basically it does not make sense for petitioners who did not file at the Chicago Lockbox to rely on that date because it does not involve us. He told me to wait another 45days to see what happens because they should be caught up by then. Yeah, Right.... :angry:

I called today,the officer was the rudest person i have ever spoke to so far,after 2 minutes with me ,he hung up on me,he could not answer my question why lockbox was on december,but i filed in september and no NOA1. there is a post somewhere on here,and someone at uscis actually told them,they just shoved files in boxes and sent it off to the lockbox,in other words in no order,just haphazardly thru files in a box.this sounds like the truth.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes after check is cashed to recieve NOA1? Our check was cashed on Jan 21st but still no NOA1.

I could see that November and December filers are getting their NOA1 already, there is a total chaos at the USCIS and Chicago lockbox. Best wishes to everyone who happened to be so lucky to apply in Aug-Dec 2007!

Does anyone know how long it takes after check is cashed to recieve NOA1? Our check was cashed on Jan 21st but still no NOA1.

I could see that November and December filers are getting their NOA1 already, there is a total chaos at the USCIS and Chicago lockbox. Best wishes to everyone who happened to be so lucky to apply in Aug-Dec 2007!

3 days!!! Read the Dec I-130 thread....what do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm sending our K1 Petition tomorrow, hope everything goes smooth for us. I've taken my time reading between the lines and preparing the 1-129F package. So I'd like to keep in touch with November filers!!! :dance:

We filed 27 OCT 2007, NOA2 by e-mail today! you should not be far behind.. :thumbs:

Edited by dave & jopin

Timeline

3 days!!! Read the Dec I-130 thread....what do you think?

I don't think anything... I just wonder ... And we can't find the 12 digit number on the back of the check. Only 10 digit numbers.

I'm sending our K1 Petition tomorrow, hope everything goes smooth for us. I've taken my time reading between the lines and preparing the 1-129F package. So I'd like to keep in touch with November filers!!! :dance:

We filed 27 OCT 2007, NOA2 by e-mail today! you should not be far behind.. :thumbs:

YOu are on a wrong forum. It is for people who filed for IR/CR visa not K-1 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can't find the file number that starts with 3letters..>WAC-----------? I think that should be it. I received my hardcopy NOA1 maybe 3 days after the check cleared. That same day I was in the online system. Are you at CSC or VSC....you should update your timeline and avatar cause its a bit confusing.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

:crying: I don't have a copy of the check my husband does. He couldn't see a 12 digit number. We applied to NSC in October but check was cashed by CSC on Jan 21st. So we'll be processed at California. Should we call and ask if we are in a system and what is our case number? I guess we should. Just getting so frustrated I guess like everybody else. So tired of these already.

Very sad me

Edited by Evgeniya

Timeline

Ok, first change your timeline to say CSC instead of Nebraska. When this is not updated it throws off the estimates and timelines that VJ provides to give everyone an idea of their adjucation date and such.

As far as the number on check...it has to be on there. That check is essentially a receipt of your payment and essentially and NOA1...just not a hard copy. There should be a number at the top left hand corner that starts with WAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx I could not read my check all that well so I mistaked a 0 for and 8. Some people are not receiving NOA1 hardcopy but they are still in the queue and sometimes get an NOA2 without ever receiving their NOA1. If you call USCIS, they will probably just give you the run around....and tell you that the online system is not updated..yada yada yada. Your husband can try and call to see if they have his name on file and give him that number...not sure if they are authorized to give it over the phone or not.

Edited by Marlita

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Ok, first change your timeline to say CSC instead of Nebraska. When this is not updated it throws off the estimates and timelines that VJ provides to give everyone an idea of their adjucation date and such.

As far as the number on check...it has to be on there. That check is essentially a receipt of your payment and essentially and NOA1...just not a hard copy. There should be a number at the top left hand corner that starts with WAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx I could not read my check all that well so I mistaked a 0 for and 8. Some people are not receiving NOA1 hardcopy but they are still in the queue and sometimes get an NOA2 without ever receiving their NOA1. If you call USCIS, they will probably just give you the run around....and tell you that the online system is not updated..yada yada yada. Your husband can try and call to see if they have his name on file and give him that number...not sure if they are authorized to give it over the phone or not.

True, even with a NOA1 you may not be able to access online case with USCIS tho CSC seems to be more updated than VSC.

Ours took about five days total, but again, check is cashed that is a great sign and basically you are in. Calling them will probably end up with results that you are not in the que yet, but you can always try.

Best

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI, it's on the way for u... :yes:

Timeline
sent 11/26

USCIS received 11/30

check cashed 1/29/08

waiting for NOA1

please let me know the link to check the case status online.

thanks

Here we go!

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

True, even with a NOA1 you may not be able to access online case with USCIS tho CSC seems to be more updated than VSC.

Ours took about five days total, but again, check is cashed that is a great sign and basically you are in. Calling them will probably end up with results that you are not in the que yet, but you can always try.

Best

Susie

We still can't see our case online - I check the number every day lol!

Timeline

People in December are now getting their check cashed or received their NOA1. I filed since Oct. 2007 and still haven't heard a word yet... WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!...Why can't they just cash my check already. PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!!!! :crying::crying::crying:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Jgay, I am realy realy sorry for you. Just hang on!!!! It has to be resolved sooner or later. ....

Ok, my husband called USCIS to find out our case number bz we couldn't read it from the back of a check. After two hours on a phone they told him that they have sent NOA1 on Jan. 17th - conclusion - it got lost. Anyway they gave us our case number and when I checked it was in a SYSTEM!!!! So this is good news. Also we found out that CSC got out petition on Nov. 1st (we sent it on Oct. 22nd to Nebraska). So this is our news.

Edited by Evgeniya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.