mjoy61

Tourist Visa from Russia to US

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Is there anyone on this forum with positive first hand experience at obtaining a tourist visa to USA? Is there anyone who can give me concrete information on the income, property holding and familial obligation minimums required for getting a visa? Can anyone refer me to a reputable travel agency in Russia that can assist in obtaining a visa without ripping off me or anyone else involved?
I think you have come to the wrong place. Most us here have had very negative experiences in getting what you want. My wife was denied for example. Reputable business in a Russian context is an oxymoron. See Slim's thread on the topic.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93028

It was closed for TOS violations. Unfortunately the administrators here try to limit practical solutions in country specific forums.

The only people who can provide you this information is the Russian Embassy itself / visa division. But they won't give you this information unless you have personal connections on the inside.

The agencies can't do anything except make fraudulent documents or just tell what everyone else has told you: You need lots of expensive property, a high earning job, lots of close family and friends (husband and kids) in Russia, health insurance, car, very high salary ($2.5 - 5k) a month. And documents for all of this.

Filed: Timeline
I didn't see anyone so far identifying yourselves as Russian travel agents or consular officials. Debating each other about a trip to Russia that I am not planning on taking is not helping me much.

Nobody identified themselves as Russian travel agents or consular officials because that's not who you're going to find here. But you will find a lot of people who have a lot of experience in dealing with the immigration system.

We've already said that her chances on visiting the US are negligible, and why. I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but it's based on a *ton* of incidental evidence. Just do a search on the VJ forums. We've also given you alternatives, and reasons for those alternatives. This advice is given freely. If you need more professional advice you should probably talk to a travel agent or a consular.

When you are done with your research, please let us know how it turns out. I can already tell you that, based on the information you've given, if you want her to come to the US then you are going to have to do some traveling first. Best of luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I have been chatting with Masha for many weeks and we both would like her to visit me in the US. She has found the one and only agency in her town and asked for info and pricing on getting a tourist visa. They gave her a quote for helping her with the US Embassy in Moscow and getting plane tickets. It seemed quite expensive. She does not own property or a business that would give her a reason to return to Russia. She does not have children or dependents. Not much to reassure the embassy that she would return to Russia.

Can anyone recommend an agency that has reasonable fees and a good success rate in these situations?

Not much positive information regarding agencies. There must be some reputable travel agencies in Russia that can give sound advice to Russians wishing to obtain a tourist visa to USA. I didn't see anyone so far identifying yourselves as Russian travel agents or consular officials. Debating each other about a trip to Russia that I am not planning on taking is not helping me much.

Is there anyone on this forum with positive first hand experience at obtaining a tourist visa to USA? Is there anyone who can give me concrete information on the income, property holding and familial obligation minimums required for getting a visa? Can anyone refer me to a reputable travel agency in Russia that can assist in obtaining a visa without ripping off me or anyone else involved?

Welcome to VJ!

I'm sure no one here wants to rain on your parade but what you are suggesting is just not possible for the majority of Russians, let alone an unattached Russian woman. No offense but the first thought I had after reading your post was "scam". It seems you have the impression that a travel agency could help obtain a tourist visa to enter the USA? This I'm afraid is not possible.

There is no simple formula for obtaining a tourist visa from the US Embassy. If the CO (Consular Officer) feels that the applicant has significant ties to Russia then they may grant you such a visa. Sorry, but from what you have described, she doesn't stand a chance (with or without you paying some agency).

If it makes you feel good, then by all means send her money but don't think that it would help her obtain a tourist visa.

Good luck!

725268776.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm sure no one here wants to rain on your parade but what you are suggesting is just not possible for the majority of Russians, let alone an unattached Russian woman. No offense but the first thought I had after reading your post was "scam". It seems you have the impression that a travel agency could help obtain a tourist visa to enter the USA? This I'm afraid is not possible.

I have used travel agencies in Russia (reputable ones). They are expensive for what they do, which is primarily created false documents with their own stamps on them. They also expedite Russian paperwork for an outrageous markup - for instance, getting a Russian International Passport. Most charge around $400, something most Russians can do themselves for less than $100.

There are no concrete rules about what you need, though tourist agencies in Russia are happy to take your money and make something up. As a general rule, if you are making less than 2,000 USD per month in Russia, you will have great difficulty obtaining any tourist visa in the West (not just the US).

There is almost nothing a travel agent in Russia can do that you can't on your own (other than fraud).

My wife did obtain tourist visas, and a J-1 visa in Russia, though she did not need to pay anyone. Her employer sponsored the J-1. She applied for the tourist visas - some approved, some not. The answer for the "not approved" ones was - "we do not give visas to young, unmarried women."

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline
Not much positive information regarding agencies. There must be some reputable travel agencies in Russia that can give sound advice to Russians wishing to obtain a tourist visa to USA.

No, there aren't. Other than fraud, there is nothing a travel agent can do in Russia - sorry. Meeting in Jamaica will be the easiest thing for you to do if you don't want to fly to Russia.

The only opinion that matters is the CO doing the interview at the embassy. Their assumption is that all young women are planning to marry an American as soon as they arrive in the US. They were very clear with my wife that she SHOULD NOT get married (she had a student visa). They see fake documents from tourist companies every day. If you would like, I can arrange for a former Moscow CO to give you a call.

Approved tourst/business visas I know of have been granted to: Business men earning over USD 2000 a month, female holders of existing US visas that have not been overstayed, and retired Russian diplomats. I'm only speaking about people I know personally. I don't know any young single women who have gotten what you want, but believe what you want.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The individual must get the tourist visa herself. The only assistance that a travel agency can offer is helping her fill out the application and informing her of what documents to submit. There are a couple outfits in Moscow that help with visa preparation. They will give the applicant a checklist of what documents to bring to them. They will review and organize the documentation so that the applicant is best prepared. The one that I know of will not accept a customer if they believe that he or she is not eligible for a visa.

This reeks of a "Fat Yuri" scam going on. To the original poster: Please google "ticket and visa scam."

Timeline

My wife has used a Russian Tourist agency for travel.

They will help alot with documents/talking to the right people/greasing a few palms if you want to get into another country.

Exceptions are the U.S., Canada, Britan and Austrailia. So you are S.O.L.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
Debating each other about a trip to Russia that I am not planning on taking is not helping me much.

If I'm completely off base here I offer my apologies in advance, but it seems to me you've never met this woman in person yet expect her to travel 5000 miles to meet you, a stranger, on your own turf?

Any self-respecting woman would insist that, at the very least, you meet in neutral territory for the initial meeting; most, if sincere, would insist you travel to her home city.

Complain all you want that I didn't address your initial question, but I've seen enough naive Western men groomed as mules for RW to recommend caution in situations like this.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Is that TOS violations referring to "Terms of Service" as in "what you can and can't talk about on VJ?" and was there something we clicked on when we made our profiles here that said something to the effect of "we won't help anyone commit visa fraud" or suggest anything "not clearly legal"?

Because obviously whomever wrote the TOS has never dealt with Russian-U.S. relations. They have their own "terms of service" and almost all of them don't seem to be "clearly legal".

As Satellite pointed out, practical solutions to real-world problems, even in attempts to find a legal way, are being closed now.

Where is our OP? I sure hope he finds that agency. We'll never have a TOS violation closed topic again!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

As I understand it, TOS violations apply to the US immigration service. So while I think it's fine to say "go see Yuri if you want your internal Russian passport stamped with Moscow residency," it's against the TOS to say "go see Yuri if you want a forged visitors Visa to the US." I could be wrong.

I don't know if you're wrong or not, but I do know Yuri. Nice guy. Gets a lot of stuff done over there. Maybe we should suggest him to the OP?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I have used travel agencies in Russia (reputable ones). They are expensive for what they do, which is primarily created false documents with their own stamps on them.

:yes: Like employment letters. I worked for one of these agencies for a couple of months.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.