Send chocolate kisses to USCIS to get there attention

85 posts in this topic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was hoping a longer message would be possible because now i can't use "ROSES ARE RED VIOLETS ARE BLUE, HURRY THE HELL UP!" :whistle:

Okay, now THAT was funny! Even the most jaded adjudicator would have to laugh. :)

:lol: guess i'll have to send another package. I think that message might fit.

Anyway, I have placed my order from hersheygifts.com as have others. Now is the time to order so we can really bombard them with these next week and it becomes a story! :thumbs:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
ROSES ARE RED VIOLETS ARE BLUE, HURRY THE HELL UP!

henc henc :lol:

reminds me of this:

image-3.jpg

every time I see that, I think: I can REALLY answer that question... :devil:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Timeline

they dont care about your candy or your lives.

they do a job, and they get paid, and like most everyone else they dont do anymore than

is expected of them for whatever schedule they work.

Tired of waiting for VSC to get around to your petition? Many of us plan to send a package of hershey kisses (love theme) from www.hersheygifts.com with a message that we are tired of waiting to be with our loved ones!

We are sending these the end of this week to

P Novak, adjudicators and staff

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

We are issuing a press release on monday to coincide with the packages arrival.

If you want to make some noise, pitch in and send a gift pack or two. :thumbs:

Timeline

oh, I love the little ray of sunshine you bring to every thread in which you post :D :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

they do a job, and they get paid, and like most everyone else they dont do anymore than

Tired of waiting for VSC to get around to your petition? Many of us plan to send a package of hershey kisses (love theme) from www.hersheygifts.com with a message that we are tired of waiting to be with our loved ones!

75 Lower Welden Street

So does that mean we shouldn't try and bring some attention to the unfairness of the system?

No one is forcing you to contribute. If you don't want to then don't.

Some of us like to think that we can make just the smallest bit of difference.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

:lol:

no, but really; it's a rare gift to know a whole bunch of people you haven't even met, AND their motivations, AND what they're going to do in the future... I only wish I were that insightful :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

You are helping yourselves cope, and thats positive, im just saying what the reality is as far as any big government

or corporate system.. if you really want to make a difference, and I know you do.. VOTE FOR RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT.

I make the best enchiladas in the entire known universe. I dont know how I would ship 100 lbs of enchiladas

to the service center though. Let me think about that.

:lol:

no, but really; it's a rare gift to know a whole bunch of people you haven't even met, AND their motivations, AND what they're going to do in the future... I only wish I were that insightful :D

Edited by Seattle2Cebu

Timeline

do you have a background in campaigning? on what do you base your claims that none of this will work?

I think we're all sane and adult enough to recognise reality when we see it... however, perhaps some of us also have some idealism

and one CAN become the other, with a bit of persistence :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

I worked on the Jim Maddox campaign for attorney general when I lived in Texas. He was a democrat. I had an interesting view into the workings of that kind of campaign. I was part of a small group that raised millions of

dollars from trial attorneys and business people.

I appreciate your enthusiasm to try to help the situation. Another reality is that once a petitioner has gone through

the process or even after their NOA 2 is rcvd, they move on. Most peoples interest is just during the time they

are waiting. Once they have what they want, they arent too concerned anymore.

One thing that has always bothered me, and this is my second time around with the k-1 process, and that is

the speed of the processing at the Vermont center vs everyone else. I have always thought this to be grossly unfair.

Why should some people have to wait months and months and the vermont folks just breeze through in 30 days?

If anything should be changed, the whole k-1 visa process should be lumped under one roof and everyone treated

the same.

do you have a background in campaigning? on what do you base your claims that none of this will work?

I think we're all sane and adult enough to recognise reality when we see it... however, perhaps some of us also have some idealism

and one CAN become the other, with a bit of persistence :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I was just having a bit of fun with you on the unicorns remark, but I might be guilty of dragging this thread off topic. My apologies. But out of respect to the OP, the non-h-kisses conversations should probably be taken to a different thread.

Thank you :thumbs:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

75 Lower Welden Street

It's ok if the candy doesn't change the vsc by itself. The main idea is for the press release to get some publicity for what WE did and our situation. That can bring public and political sympathy for us which may help.

It may not work, but it seems to me to be worth a try. It certainly worked for the H1B people seeking greencards who sent flowers to USCIS director and got a deadline extended by two months!

It costs about 20 bucks to send a package, why not take a shot? We all ###### and moan about it at least this is an idea we can try to improve things :thumbs:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Many people over the years have started the process of change simply by speaking up. That is the beauty of our country. Its not a matter of weather we ca change the entire system, its the fact that its broken, needs fixed and if we simply sit quiet then we are ASSURED nothing will be done.

We can not sit and complain, and not try to instigate a change. Political campaigning is a different ball game. Many DO try to make a change and fail. But many ALSO SUCCEED.

My suggestion is, that if you are unhappy with the overall system as is...either dont complain..or jump on www.hersheygifts.com and make your voice heard. Does it matter if change comes today? Or does it matter more that you at least TRIED.

The only real failure, is in not trying at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.