one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ENRICH is the word you used? hahaha dude open your eyes! SURVIVE is the word, try to make a living w/2-4 dlls an hour and lets see if you feel the same way.

People are just too damn self centered, and it is nonesense to try to change them,

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well doing something 'personally' as in donating money to charity doesn't really address the underlying economic issues. That was the point - whether she, you or I donate changes little of that. Its a question of broad political action - not merely one of throwing money into isolated development projects (this being why there are large-scale protests every time there's a G8 summit).

As to Marxism - well all that can be said to that is that there's rather more to that theory than the few soundbites and quotes you can cobble together (entire university courses in fact - as well as several libraries worth of books). As it happens you might want to look into the difference between anarchism and marxism, as people often confuse the two, (or indeed in thinking that anarchism implies nihilism. It doesn't BTW).

As it happens developed nations should be doing things to help developing economies, especially when those developing economies (in Africa, for example) are saddled with dubious debt run up by corrupt, dictatorial governments (who we were happy to take advantage and lend to), less willing to cancel out when those regimes collapse and newer, more representative govts want to invest in developing their infrastructure.

whatever you wanna think dude. :rolleyes: i'm sure much of what you do is all hat and no cattle too.

That's ok - I think much the same about you - not least that you really don't know what you're talking about ;)

Paint-by-numbers politics with Charles :whistle: I bet if we proble the extent of your knowledge on Marxism, for example - we'll find you all mouth and no trousers.

i'm sure i read the manifesto before you even hit puberty ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
ENRICH is the word you used? hahaha dude open your eyes! SURVIVE is the word, try to make a living making 2-4 dlls an hour and lets see if you feel the same way.

People are just too damn self centered, and it is nonesense to try to change them,

face it, i don't give a dayum about the illegals. live with that ;)

can I get a yee-haw?

practicing for a family reunion? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, GuerayTavo, the simple fact of the matter is that THEY DON'T CARE. There is nothing you or I could ever say that would ever make most of these people posting EVER have compassion for people who are illegal here. You can talk until you're blue in the face and nothing will change their minds.

I'd rather expend my time and energy advocating for those who find themselves in the US illegally than go back and forth with armchair philosphers, economists, and ethicists. Which is what I do for a living, by the way. So I should probably stop yakking on an Internet forum and do my job!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well doing something 'personally' as in donating money to charity doesn't really address the underlying economic issues. That was the point - whether she, you or I donate changes little of that. Its a question of broad political action - not merely one of throwing money into isolated development projects (this being why there are large-scale protests every time there's a G8 summit).

As to Marxism - well all that can be said to that is that there's rather more to that theory than the few soundbites and quotes you can cobble together (entire university courses in fact - as well as several libraries worth of books). As it happens you might want to look into the difference between anarchism and marxism, as people often confuse the two, (or indeed in thinking that anarchism implies nihilism. It doesn't BTW).

As it happens developed nations should be doing things to help developing economies, especially when those developing economies (in Africa, for example) are saddled with dubious debt run up by corrupt, dictatorial governments (who we were happy to take advantage and lend to), less willing to cancel out when those regimes collapse and newer, more representative govts want to invest in developing their infrastructure.

whatever you wanna think dude. :rolleyes: i'm sure much of what you do is all hat and no cattle too.

That's ok - I think much the same about you - not least that you really don't know what you're talking about ;)

Paint-by-numbers politics with Charles :whistle: I bet if we proble the extent of your knowledge on Marxism, for example - we'll find you all mouth and no trousers.

Perhaps - you are older than me after all ;).

I'm pretty sure that every book on my shelf was read by someone before me, but that doesn't really mean a whole lot at the end of the day.

Timeline
Well, GuerayTavo, the simple fact of the matter is that THEY DON'T CARE. There is nothing you or I could ever say that would ever make most of these people posting EVER have compassion for people who are illegal here. You can talk until you're blue in the face and nothing will change their minds.

I'd rather expend my time and energy advocating for those who find themselves in the US illegally than go back and forth with armchair philosphers, economists, and ethicists. Which is what I do for a living, by the way. So I should probably stop yakking on an Internet forum and do my job!

boo hoo, huh?

I'm pretty sure that every book on my shelf was read by someone before me, but that doesn't really mean a whole lot at the end of the day.

in fact, if you are under 28, i read it before you was even a gleam in your dad's eyes. you can stop trying to paint others as ignorant btw.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Some people look on poverty as more of a humanitarian/global problem than an us versus them problem.

Some people look at democracy and liberty as global problems too...

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

boo hoo, huh?

in fact, if you are under 28, i read it before you was even a gleam in your dad's eyes. you can stop trying to paint others as ignorant btw.

I'm 29. "Painting other as ignorant" really comes out of what they say, rather than when they claim to have read specific books.

As I say - the "when" really isn't important. I wonder why you think it is.

Some people look on poverty as more of a humanitarian/global problem than an us versus them problem.

Some people look at democracy and liberty as global problems too...

Perhaps not the same people though ;)

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did they accidently take a wrong turn ... then wake up one morning and discover they had invaded the USA by mistake? :wacko:

Guess these illegals need your assistance finding their way back to where their home country.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Legal Children are Negative impacted by illegal Aliens in schools over run by on english speaking children of Illegals who require more attention and DEMAND special treatement to accomodate their deficiencies.

On this I totally agree. I am a teacher and a mom and I have seen this in many different situations. This is wrong. I would never expect to go to Germany and DEMAND to be taught in English (or to any other country) because I couldn't or wouldn't learn the language....

I totally agree. Going through the immigration process had hardened me. My time in Canada not even being allowed to cross the border to visit my husband changed my view entirely.

Before, I used to walk through the neighborhood here and see all the illegals working on rebuilding New Orleans. I used to have respect for them- they were here when not many others were and they were working to rebuild the city. I have also been to the Country that most of these illegals came from- I have seen the poverty and the extreme conditions they face and I know it isn't pleasant. The fact is- their Country and their Government need to make some serious changes to make their lives better.

I agree with Stacey33 and Leney on this one. I am not opposed to people wanting a better life. We as Americans do what we can to help many countries' people have a better life (oh, wait...that was WMD's, not helping the citizens being oppressed) so I have extreme empathy for the people who do whatever necessary to find a better life elsewhere. Our country is based on immigrants.

However, I am also somewhat more hardened because of this visa process, so I can see both sides of the issue. Do I have an all-purpose solution? No. But I also don't see the benefit in lumping everyone together in one group.

I think that there is empathy and understanding and some people are mistaking that for supporting illegal activity. I can empathize with someone without supporting their actions.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Did they accidently take a wrong turn ... then wake up one morning and discover they had invaded the USA by mistake? :wacko:

Guess these illegals need your assistance finding their way back to where their home country.

maybe tequila does that to a person - and why i've never woke up in another country, i don't care for tequila :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I was talking about the issues of poverty in their country, which is what they are trying to run away from.

If it wasn't such an issue I think there would be less people dying to get over here. Money is an evil thing.

sot it's ok if they export their poverty to the usa? and why is their government becoming the problem of the usa?

For the same reason that the problems in Iraq are becoming the problems of neighboring countries, i.e., they're neighbors. I agree wholeheartedly that it's primarily Mexico's problem, but their problems don't exist in a vacuum. If there was a trade policy we could change that would make it feasible for some of the illegals to make a living at home (we're not talking enriching, we're talking surviving), wouldn't you think that was a good change to make? I don't think the border should be open. I've never advocated that. But I think that just saying, "so, they're broke, that means we should build a bigger fence" is at best a temporary solution.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Did they "find" themselves here by accident? And why on earth do they need an advocate? THEY BROKE THE LAW! They do not need an advocate; they need a translated version of our laws and statutes.

I traveled to Russia not too long ago and my "papers" were checked before I even bought my ticket. They were checked again as I checked in for the flight and again before I boarded the plane. All that just to get out of the USA. When I arrived in Russia my papers were checked again at immigration and again when I arrived in Taganrog. I had to check in with the police and had to supply a voucher for the hotel where I stayed. I had to check out with the police when I left and have my papers checked several more times before I finally got home. AND AT NO TIME DID I EVER COMPLAIN OR CLAIM THAT MY RIGHTS WERE BEING VIOLATED. So do I have compassion for people who feel they are above and beyond the law? HELL NO!!! Am I going to listen to a so called "advocate" for their "rights"? HELL NO!!!

I am an American, born and bred. I have served in our nations armed forces and defended her against foreign enemies. I will be damned if I'll sit by and let you criticize those who believe in defending our laws and constitution by demanding that our laws be enforced. I have yet to hear one of you "advocates" explain why you think that a certain portion of the population deserves the right to be excused from obeying the laws that every American is not only expected to obey, but as a soldier, expected to defend. If you want to defend these illegals then you should be the ones to offer up your homes for them to camp out in. Give up your jobs so they may work.

I am all for legal immigration. I am in the process of getting a visa for my fiancée right now. But follow the rules. We're not armchair anythings. We just believe that part of being a good citizen of this country is obeying the laws made for the benefit of society and the protection of all citizens.

Edited by NavarreMan

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline
I was talking about the issues of poverty in their country, which is what they are trying to run away from.

If it wasn't such an issue I think there would be less people dying to get over here. Money is an evil thing.

sot it's ok if they export their poverty to the usa? and why is their government becoming the problem of the usa?

For the same reason that the problems in Iraq are becoming the problems of neighboring countries, i.e., they're neighbors. I agree wholeheartedly that it's primarily Mexico's problem, but their problems don't exist in a vacuum. If there was a trade policy we could change that would make it feasible for some of the illegals to make a living at home (we're not talking enriching, we're talking surviving), wouldn't you think that was a good change to make? I don't think the border should be open. I've never advocated that. But I think that just saying, "so, they're broke, that means we should build a bigger fence" is at best a temporary solution.

was this the fault of the mexican government or the usa? should we start invading canada now that their dollar is higher than ours?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *