one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

The woman was arrested for transporting her boyfriend, who was an illegal alien

That is a criminal act to me :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to edit my message, but ran out of time.

Just because I think illegal immigrants are human beings does not mean that I condone their actions. I don't think that killing them or tying them up and strewing them across the border as an example to other would-be immigrants is a viable solution to the problem. Yes, I think they should go home. And I think many of them WILL go home if we make the financial rewards of being here less appealing. Increase oversight of employers. Create a worker identification system that actually works, instead of using the social security system where you can buy the number of someone who is dead and use it to work with. Dry up the underground economies. Not everyone will go home if this is done, but some will, and less people will want to come. It's a place to start, and is a more viable option than attempting to find every single one and send them home.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just because I think illegal immigrants are human beings does not mean that I condone their actions. I don't think that killing them or tying them up and strewing them across the border as an example to other would-be immigrants is a viable solution to the problem. Yes, I think they should go home. And I think many of them WILL go home if we make the financial rewards of being here less appealing. Increase oversight of employers. Create a worker identification system that actually works, instead of using the social security system where you can buy the number of someone who is dead and use it to work with. Dry up the underground economies. Not everyone will go home if this is done, but some will, and less people will want to come. It's a place to start, and is a more viable option than attempting to find every single one and send them home.

so i can list you as being against mexico's methods then, right?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I did misread GEG's post. However, people on this forum have applauded these efforts in the past.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline

I did misread GEG's post. However, people on this forum have applauded these efforts in the past.

if you say so.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
Maybe the USA should use the Mexico approach to invaders ... here's my $50 for enforcement policy (ammunition) !!!

This is Mexico standards .. yes ???

It will send a message ... don't come here ...

It will also mean my source of cheap labor will dry up. I had some work done on the house this weekend at 25% the cost of a licensed and insured American quote. So with all due respect, go fukc yourself, my self interest comes before the safety and security and sovereignty of this great nation.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
Maybe the USA should use the Mexico approach to invaders ... here's my $50 for enforcement policy (ammunition) !!!

It will also mean my source of cheap labor will dry up. I had some work done on the house this weekend at 25% the cost of a licensed and insured American quote. So with all due respect, go fukc yourself, my self interest comes before the safety and security and sovereignty of this great nation.

you'll just have to hire tony soprano then :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

you'll just have to hire tony soprano then :D

Goombahs don't come cheap no more. Those days are over.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

So you are part of the problem with getting my wife here ...

I hope your repairs require warranty ... reap what you sow .. .and pass the ammunition !!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Natty Bumppo

What loser needs insurance? Woot!!! Cheap labor!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

So you are part of the problem with getting my wife here ...

I hope your repairs require warranty ... reap what you sow.

;)

I don't break the immigration laws ... so I have nothing to fear ... do you ?

Yes. I fear being the victim of a crime committed by someone who's committed a string of crimes before this, except that everyone who was a victim or witness before me happened to be an illegal immigrant, so someone who otherwise would have been locked up is out on the streets hurting more people.

I can't believe people think that making crime victims and witnesses too afraid to come forward is a good thing. If you get robbed or beaten or raped and they never catch the guy because there are no witnesses willing to cooperate with the investigation, you'll have only yourself to blame.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't break the immigration laws ... so I have nothing to fear ... do you ?

Yes. I fear being the victim of a crime committed by someone who's committed a string of crimes before this, except that everyone who was a victim or witness before me happened to be an illegal immigrant, so someone who otherwise would have been locked up is out on the streets hurting more people.

I can't believe people think that making crime victims and witnesses too afraid to come forward is a good thing. If you get robbed or beaten or raped and they never catch the guy because there are no witnesses willing to cooperate with the investigation, you'll have only yourself to blame.

So you are a victim of a crime committed by an illegal? How does this make you a criminal?

And those who are victims as an illegal by an illegal ... Unfortunately you need to report and be deported. That is your protection.

You both were ILLEGAL ... and got caught tangled with a fellow illegal doing a crime.

So ... the person got caught by a one of their own. It's simple ... both of you ... go home.