one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Yea, I only come here at night now. Helps me sleep.

Geez, Steven. Why don't you just come out and blankly state that you're pro-illegal and give the exchange some balance? One of the reasons that the discussion is often so black and white is because some of us are more committed to what feels good (having compassion for illegals and law-breaking) than doing good (standing up for our country's sovereignty).

I have loads of compassion, but my compassion is reserved for those who respect our borders and our laws. I have no compassion for illegals and would never marry or employ one. I have no compassion for accomodating illegals just because they're already here. I have no compassion for politicians and Latino supremicists who kiss Mexico's azz and try to tell us that we're racist because we're against measures that open the door to voter fraud. I have no compassion for what illegals and their broods have done to destroy our schools systems, even going so far as to import Mexico's curriculum into American schools.

My capacity for compassion for illegals and their supporters was shot by the hypocrisy of our government's agenda to privatize profits from cheap labor while holding out the hat to taxpayers for the costs illegals impose on our social structure. It was shot by illegals and their sychophants marching in my streets, telling me that I need to devalue my citizenship and hand over its privileges to them. It was shot by the underhanded manipulations of politicians putting forth propositions that erode the distinction between legal and legal, sovereignty and capitulation to the New World Order. My compassion was shot by the hypocrisy of a foreign government that shoots to kill at its southern border, yet demands, and gets, leniancy for its trespassers here.

That list is not all inclusive; I could go on. I don't need no stinkin political party to represent my views; Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. They have both proven to be worthless and ineffective when it comes to the bread and butter issues of the common man. Democracy was never a spectator sport and I have never played it that way. My representatives now know me by name. I've made sure of it. I am heard, and not just on this forum. Fear is what motivates politicians; make sure they feel the fear.

what would you tell him? I love you but we can't get married, because I'd be enabling you. I guess the other people here that married an illegal had that question.. care about 'soverignity' or about my happiness..

Frankly, no, I'm not an enabler, nor would I be happy with a man who lied and cheated to be here. He could ever so easily lie to me when he gets in a jam. I wouldn't marry an illegal because of the character issue. Character is very important to me in my personal relationships; boundaries and trust are no small issues in a marriage. Someone who solves problems by blithly rationalizing majorly illegal issues like passing off false documents, stealing social security numbers, stiffing hospitals for service, lying about their name, and other tactics common to illegal living, simply scares the hell out of me.

If they will do it once, they will probably do it again; past behavior and self-serving reasoning is the best barameter of future behavior. After all, there have been plenty who will come here and, out of compassion, easily advocate breaking the law to get what you want. No, I do not want any part of that. It wouldn't even be tempting to me. My husband has waited years to be with me in the US, and his willingness to do things right makes me proud to be his wife.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Yea, I only come here at night now. Helps me sleep.

Geez, Steven. Why don't you just come out and blankly state that you're pro-illegal and give the exchange some balance? One of the reasons that the discussion is often so black and white is because some of us are more committed to what feels good (having compassion for illegals and law-breaking) than doing good (standing up for our country's sovereignty).

I have loads of compassion, but my compassion is reserved for those who respect our borders and our laws. I have no compassion for illegals and would never marry or employ one. I have no compassion for accomodating illegals just because they're already here. I have no compassion for politicians and Latino supremicists who kiss Mexico's azz and try to tell us that we're racist because we're against measures that open the door to voter fraud. I have no compassion for what illegals and their broods have done to destroy our schools systems, even going so far as to import Mexico's curriculum into American schools.

My capacity for compassion for illegals and their supporters was shot by the hypocrisy of our government's agenda to privatize profits from cheap labor while holding out the hat to taxpayers for the costs illegals impose on our social structure. It was shot by illegals and their sychophants marching in my streets, telling me that I need to devalue my citizenship and hand over its privileges to them. It was shot by the underhanded manipulations of politicians putting forth propositions that erode the distinction between legal and legal, sovereignty and capitulation to the New World Order. My compassion was shot by the hypocrisy of a foreign government that shoots to kill at its southern border, yet demands, and gets, leniancy for its trespassers here.

That list is not all inclusive; I could go on. I don't need no stinkin political party to represent my views; Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. They have both proven to be worthless and ineffective when it comes to the bread and butter issues of the common man. Democracy was never a spectator sport and I have never played it that way. My representatives now know me by name. I've made sure of it. I am heard, and not just on this forum. Fear is what motivates politicians; make sure they feel the fear.

what would you tell him? I love you but we can't get married, because I'd be enabling you. I guess the other people here that married an illegal had that question.. care about 'soverignity' or about my happiness..

Frankly, no, I'm not an enabler, nor would I be happy with a man who lied and cheated to be here. He could ever so easily lie to me when he gets in a jam. I wouldn't marry an illegal because of the character issue. Character is very important to me in my personal relationships; boundaries and trust are no small issues in a marriage. Someone who solves problems by blithly rationalizing majorly illegal issues like passing off false documents, stealing social security numbers, stiffing hospitals for service, lying about their name, and other tactics common to illegal living, simply scares the hell out of me.

If they will do it once, they will probably do it again; past behavior and self-serving reasoning is the best barameter of future behavior. After all, there have been plenty who will come here and, out of compassion, easily advocate breaking the law to get what you want. No, I do not want any part of that. It wouldn't even be tempting to me. My husband has waited years to be with me in the US, and his willingness to do things right makes me proud to be his wife.

so are you saying the once-illegal so's of the vj members here lack character?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

According to you, the only thing that counts when considering a marriage partner is what makes you happy, not character. I responded to you with what makes me happy when considering a marriage partner, and I made it clear that, for me, an illegal would not make the cut. Take it as you like.

Timeline

According to you, the only thing that counts when considering a marriage partner is what makes you happy, not character. I responded to you with what makes me happy when considering a marriage partner, and I made it clear that, for me, an illegal would not make the cut. Take it as you like.

when did I say that? I never ever said that.. there are many factors considered when choosing a partner, yes, character is one of them, how honest, etc.. but thinking that they'd do it again because they once were illegal, is assuming too much from you.. they probably knew they were doing something illegal, they probably did it to prove themselves, to say to their friends 'anyone can cross it', or simply, because they didn't have much of a choice, it was either that or starve to death.. anyway, I'm not trying to excuse them, but, assuming that there was an evil intention on their part, and then that they'll keep those intentions to screw the usc, I think it's too much assumption..

why don't we ask the people who married illegals, to see how much character do their so's lack..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline

when did I say that? I never ever said that.. there are many factors considered when choosing a partner, yes, character is one of them, how honest, etc.. but thinking that they'd do it again because they once were illegal, is assuming too much from you.. they probably knew they were doing something illegal, they probably did it to prove themselves, to say to their friends 'anyone can cross it', or simply, because they didn't have much of a choice, it was either that or starve to death.. anyway, I'm not trying to excuse them, but, assuming that there was an evil intention on their part, and then that they'll keep those intentions to screw the usc, I think it's too much assumption..

why don't we ask the people who married illegals, to see how much character do their so's lack..

These are your word, pedroh. You should remember them, you bolded them before:

You set up the question as a choice between community responsibilty and individual happiness, a false dicotomy. I responded by saying that my personal values would not allow me to be drawn into a relationship with someone who purposefully lead an illegal lifestyle. Trust is important to me, and people who break the law the way illegals do is not trustworthy. How someone makes decisions and thinks long-range is important to me because, in marriage, their actions directly affect my future. What makes me happy in a marriage would not include a partner who willfully breaks laws that inconvenience him. It only makes sense that if they can rationalize law-breaking for self-interest, they can bring other dangerous behaviors into my life. I choose to avoid that whenever possible. If my choice is offensive to you, I don't feel responsible for that.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Pedro,

Is starving to death a serious problem in Mexico?

I genuinely don't know.

they must be dropping like flies the way some talk around here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Pedro,

I genuinely don't know.

wow, a charles commentary, condescending as usual..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline
Pedro,

I genuinely don't know.

don't you have an AAA meeting to attend?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Pedroh ... you asked for an opinion .. you got it. I think she was very clear with her requirements.

If you feel offended ... well ...

Timeline
Pedro,

I genuinely don't know.

Is that the American Automobile Association?

Timeline

Pedroh ... you asked for an opinion .. you got it. I think she was very clear with her requirements.

no, im not offended..she gave her opinion in a civilized way... im cool. this is better than smartass remarks from other members.. its different when people actually express an opinion, than just 2-3 stupid liners with dumbass commentaries

Pedro,

I genuinely don't know.

i didnt know there were AAA meetings.. besides I haven't paid this yearly fee

Edited by pedroh

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline

Single heterosexuals at the age of consent to marry have the right to marry. Their criteria is not limited to mine, neither is their opinion about the elements of character. I can accept that.

Timeline
Pedro,

I genuinely don't know.

Is that the American Automobile Association?

Aid

Abet

Apologize

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

no, im not offended..she gave her opinion in a civilized way... im cool. this is better than smartass remarks from other members.. its different when people actually express an opinion, than just 2-3 stupid liners with dumbass commentaries

Sorry Pedroh I didn't mean to double on GEGs comment ... my post was late and I should have blanked it out.

I was editing and doing other things and should have checked before hitting "submit" then rotating the laundry.

Edited by Natty Bumppo