one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still astonished that anyone should think that's a good example of how to deal with the problem of economic migration. More than that, I am astonished that anyone should smile in the context of people losing their lives because a perilous journey is preferable to remaining in the poverty stricken status quo of staying in their country of origin.

Then again, if you think in the terms of 'so sad, too bad'...well, I guess it's not so astonishing.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am still astonished that anyone should think that's a good example of how to deal with the problem of economic migration. More than that, I am astonished that anyone should smile in the context of people losing their lives because a perilous journey is preferable to remaining in the poverty stricken status quo of staying in their country of origin.

Then again, if you think in the terms of 'so sad, too bad'...well, I guess it's not so astonishing.

Translation => Illegal aliens who invade a sovereign nation

After all ...it takes work and dedication to make your own country better. So lets see ... they invade another country ... send money back to the home country ... and nothing changes in the home country. Sounds like a self perpetuating cycle that needs to be broken.

There is a different solution ... stay home, be part of the solution, and fix the problem. :P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Why are you so sure that the teachers were hired to teach children of illegal immigrants? Are there no legal immigrants who come here with limited English skills?

So you're saying that ALL children who don't speak English are illegal themselves or children of illegals? That's quite the leap!

Are you unfamiliar with refugees and people who come here legally yet do not know English? Because I know dozens of childreb whose parents are legal permanent residents and are learning or have learned English upon their arrival.

good point

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline

After all ...it takes work and dedication to make your own country better. So lets see ... they invade another country ... send money back to the home country ... and nothing changes in the home country. Sounds like a self perpetuating cycle that needs to be broken.

There is a different solution ... stay home, be part of the solution, and fix the problem. :P

:thumbs:

You callous guy! ;)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Can you tell me what the EU would do if we dumped 12,000,000 illegal immigrants in Europe?? Actually I will answer for you. They would round them up, one by one, and send them back. Gezz how uncompassionate of them to do so..

:yes:

Spain apparently has upped their patrols & IT WORKS!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94901

Well its perhaps a bit easier when you don't have a huge land-border to protect - easier for them to patrol established shipping lanes and the channel with Morocco. Not so much of a needle in a haystack.

Not easy to work to make your country better when you are doing nothing more than subsisting...but then in reality I believe, that globally, this is what should happen and would be part of a long term solution if all countries are really prepared to look at the world as a place we all live in, and not continue this "us and them mentality". I have always argued that we should look at what drives people to immigrate illegally and not just throw up the barriers and pretend that it doesn't matter.

Economic migrants, for the most part, don't actually want to live somewhere else, they want to live in their 'homes' which is why, suprise, suprise, many of those who do go elsewhere to better themselves continue to send money back to their country of origin and try to maintain their cultural heritage...some people think this is objectionable too.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

:thumbs:

You callous guy! ;)

:luv:

Well, it's certainly callous to observe nations that suffer from intense poverty and just say, "well, if only they would help themselves they'd be alright." As if somehow, the people in these nations are stupid or lazy.

It does require some input from those nations that have the wealth to be able to improve the situation of those nations that are impoverished.

Timeline
Economic migrants, for the most part, don't actually want to live somewhere else, they want to live in their 'homes' which is why, suprise, suprise, many of those who do go elsewhere to better themselves continue to send money back to their country of origin and try to maintain their cultural heritage...some people think this is objectionable too.

Then nothing changes in the home country.

People there just get subsidized by a family member who is living in fear of the law somewhere else ... and continue to turn their backs on the real issues oftheir home country ... one of which includes saving their heritage by making their country a better place to live.

"It does require some input from those nations that have the wealth to be able to improve the situation of those nations that are impoverished."

And a country with lots of oil/ gas and other natural resources doesn't have wealth ?!?!?! :lol::lol:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, it's certainly callous to observe nations that suffer from intense poverty and just say, "well, if only they would help themselves they'd be alright." As if somehow, the people in these nations are stupid or lazy.

It does require some input from those nations that have the wealth to be able to improve the situation of those nations that are impoverished.

Agreed - I think it does take a bit of gall to make those kind of dismissive statements, as though the world turns irrespective of what we do in developed world, or indeed as though we have no interaction with the status quo of developing and 3rd world economies.

As I mentioned – TESCO for example, is just one company that buys produce from countries like Zimbabwe, where the leadership is repressive and inept to the point where they are exporting food for profit while their people starve. And yet people still buy those products, so even if we’re ignorant about where it comes from we’re surely complicit in their problems.

People there just get subsidized by a family member who is living in fear of the law somewhere else ... and continue to turn their backs on the real issues oftheir home country ... one of which includes saving their heritage by making their country a better place to live.

Oh of course, my bad. Economic migrants just want the easy way out don't they? They don't really have any problems at home that can't be fixed if only they had a bit of back bone and determination. Oh my, that's really...well, if you do believe that, then I guess it is not suprising that you think that illegal aliens are little more than scum under your shoes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Purple Hibiscus....get with the program!!! Of course they could make it in their home country if they had some gumption!

We're Americans for God's sake...we believe that you should pulll yourself up by the bootstraps!!! Oh wait, what happens if you HAVE NO bootstraps.

Crapola, back to the drawing board.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website