one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
She should have been arrested. It's high time illegal immigrants were cracked down on. It's past time the people who help them are cracked down on. It's time for them to go home, get in line, and wait like we wait for our legal immigrants. Sorry. Illegal is illegal. Even if you are a poor, mistreated hispanic (or from anywhere else). We enjoy police protection because we PAY for it and the costs of providing services to illegal immigrants are run and published. If you are legal, and are asked to prove it, it's no different from a whitebread USC who gets his license run during a traffic stop and has to show there is no reason to hold him. If you are illegal, or support illegal immigration, we're already mad enough and have paid enough and waited enough for doing this legally. <grin> wrong forum.......

Funny there are no stories of "mistreated" LEGAL immigrants?

So what political party supports that view?

maybe I missed something in the referenced quote ... but ...

where is the mention of a political party? Are you looking for one to join ?

I'm wondering what political party you guys are all throwing your weight behind since both major parties support a more reasonable approach to immigration reform than what many here are willing to accept.

My political party affiliation is not on the table ... what is ... is the strong belief to enforce existing laws ... and stop the invaders (illegal aliens) from remaining on ... or entering onto US soil.

If it's such a big issue with you then why aren't you putting your words into action - throw your support behind a party or candidate that shares your views?

I make my views known ...

This reminds me: I need your last name ... for the write-in ;):lol:

edit: darn spell'in miss steak

Edited by Natty Bumppo

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Mexico's population doubles every 20 years, perhaps they should have smaller families... I mean if you cannot afford to feed 3 (example) children, prehaps you shouldn't HAVE 3 children. Personal responsibility...

What a novel idea ... if you can't afford to have children ... feed, cloth ... etc ...

Well maybe the mexican gov't should hand out condoms ... or just educate their population that it's best to just "Say No" if B.C is not used. .. you know be responsible to the country and citizens.

Doesn't China have a strong procreation policy ? Humm ... idea here ... :idea:

Maybe Mexico should learn something from Brazil ...

The Brazilian Gov't distributes condoms and other BC. The gov't promotes safe sex and uncontrolled birth.

HAHA you just turned me into a repulican as there is a candidate that has my immigration views :o

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

HAHA you just turned me into a repulican as there is a candidate that has my immigration views :o

Good. At least you're going to put your words into political action. :thumbs::yes:

Timeline

Mexico's population doubles every 20 years, perhaps they should have smaller families... I mean if you cannot afford to feed 3 (example) children, prehaps you shouldn't HAVE 3 children. Personal responsibility...

What a novel idea ... if you can't afford to have children ... feed, cloth ... etc ...

Well maybe the mexican gov't should hand out condoms ... or just educate their population that it's best to just "Say No" if B.C is not used. .. you know be responsible to the country and citizens.

Doesn't China have a strong procreation policy ? Humm ... idea here ... :idea:

Maybe Mexico should learn something from Brazil ...

The Brazilian Gov't distributes condoms and other BC. The gov't promotes safe sex and wants to prevent uncontrolled birth.

Oops ... just read this again ... darn I need to not be talking with my wife when typing ... :blush:

Filed: Timeline
Lord almighty, in one thread, people are arguing for the best practices of the Klan, East Berlin, and now communist China. I suppose next someone will suggest that those yellow stars really help identify illegals, and it won't affect me and mine unless I went through 'that consulate', plus, the yellow looks so cheerful on a coat.

Wow, have you made an absolutely RIDICULOUS leap.

Pathetic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
This is not an argument for open borders. But when you say, 'why don't they just work legally' it sounds a little bit like a celebrity wondering why if the Ethiopians are so hungry in the famine, why don't they just go to the grocery store.

Exactly.

+1

Donne moi une poptart!

As I see it people are angry at the migrants because of the govts inability/unwillingness to do diddly squat about the problem. In the meantime you have people living in poverty on the other side of the border who have, for whatever reason decided that their immediate needs supersede considerations of immigration law. That is that reality - regardless of whether you want to wag your finger in the face of a person for being "immoral", or lacking "personal responsibility".

a.k.a. lacking personal responsibilty to find work/feed their family legally.

C. works with a couple Hispanic guys. Mexican originally, but here legally as far as he knows. As I've mentioned before, it's not really a personal responsibility thing, or a greed thing. They're from Mexico, and they hope to go back, but making $1200 a month as an assistant on an oil rig is like making $12,000 back home. There are no jobs back home. It's easy enough to say 'find work legally', but Mexico has 25% underemployment in a poor nation. Working legally probably means watching your family die.

This is not an argument for open borders. But when you say, 'why don't they just work legally' it sounds a little bit like a celebrity wondering why if the Ethiopians are so hungry in the famine, why don't they just go to the grocery store.

Scroll back 2 pages, 'they' don't believe in it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
As I see it people are angry at the migrants because of the govts inability/unwillingness to do diddly squat about the problem. In the meantime you have people living in poverty on the other side of the border who have, for whatever reason decided that their immediate needs supersede considerations of immigration law. That is that reality - regardless of whether you want to wag your finger in the face of a person for being "immoral", or lacking "personal responsibility".

C. works with a couple Hispanic guys. Mexican originally, but here legally as far as he knows. As I've mentioned before, it's not really a personal responsibility thing, or a greed thing. They're from Mexico, and they hope to go back, but making $1200 a month as an assistant on an oil rig is like making $12,000 back home. There are no jobs back home. It's easy enough to say 'find work legally', but Mexico has 25% underemployment in a poor nation. Working legally probably means watching your family die.

Sure we could also give them money so they can further educate their women on forms of birth control and how to use it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Sorry, did you mention your solution? Cuz I missed it inbetween all the name calling.....

Timeline

Where does Hillary stand on immigration, Dev?

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Sure we could also give them money so they can further educate their women on forms of birth control and how to use it.

:lol:

And whta does Hillary have to do with this conversation about an Oklahoma law?

Timeline

Sorry ... a little behind the curve today ... needed to do that work stuff :blush: Got twins on the way :dance:

Note to self .. :ot2:

Why should the US give Mexico money ... they have oil and lots of other natural resources.

Oh forgot ... lots of corruption too.

Timeline

And whta does Hillary have to do with this conversation about an Oklahoma law?

Oh come on, Dev - this thread went into several different directions several pages ago and it hasn't stopped you from talking about other aspects of the debate.

Seriously though, how does Hillary's stand on illegal immigration stand with you?