one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

Noticing what? That certain people consistently question the imposition of bad law? Quite possibly, but that's a far cry from supporting illegal immigration and enabling illegal immigrants (even supposing I know exactly what people mean when they make these sweeping statements).

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Noticing what? That certain people consistently question the imposition of bad law? Quite possibly, but that's a far cry from supporting illegal immigration and enabling illegal immigrants (even supposing I know exactly what people mean when they make these sweeping statements).

Well...I'm waiting...for your solution to stopping illegal immigration. You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Which is it? Are you a problem solver or an enabler? Tell us your "good law" solution.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Well...I'm waiting...for your solution to stopping illegal immigration. You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Which is it? Are you a problem solver or an enabler? Tell us your "good law" solution.

Open the borders with Mexico and Canada, and spend money on helping the Mexicans secure their borders.

This seems to work fine in Western Europe, why not here? Convincing the Mexicans to allow Americans to own property in Mexico would help as well.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My name is Gabacha Yucateca and I'm an enabler!!! Tee hee.

I do suppose that I would be jailed and fined heavily for all my enabling, transporting and assisting of illegal aliens!

Man, I used to get so enraged reading what I perceive as close-minded views on the plight of illegal aliens....I mean, can you really take someone seriously when they're frothing at the mouth, swearing about GET THE F&CK OUT all in caps and rabidly shouting the same thing over and over again?

How many of you are actually card-carrying members of the Minutemen?

Well, gotta boogie....have to pick up homeboy from his English class and chit chat with my illegal friends while I wait for him. How much would that cost me in Oklahoma?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Absolutes never amount to anything in reality, peejay - I think you know that. As for solutions, I have and many here have offered solutions, but they aren't the solutions you are happy with. We had an Immigration Reform Bill that died in Congress. Where's the courage on the federal level to address immigration reform? What has happened has been a stale-mate. There has to be compromise if we are going to have any real immigration reform in this country. In the meantime, states will try to tackle the issue haphazardly, only to find they up against issues of constitutionality and jurisdiction.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Um, Russ....foreigners (including Americans) can own property in Mexico. I know probably hundreds who do. The only limitation is on beachfront property, and there are simple ways around that. Legal ones.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Um, Russ....foreigners (including Americans) can own property in Mexico. I know probably hundreds who do. The only limitation is on beachfront property, and there are simple ways around that. Legal ones.

The way around it is that it is owned by a Mexican bank, and yes - it's only beachfront property I've looked at.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

I do suppose that I would be jailed and fined heavily for all my enabling, transporting and assisting of illegal aliens!

Man, I used to get so enraged reading what I perceive as close-minded views on the plight of illegal aliens....I mean, can you really take someone seriously when they're frothing at the mouth, swearing about GET THE F&CK OUT all in caps and rabidly shouting the same thing over and over again?

Well, gotta boogie....have to pick up homeboy from his English class and chit chat with my illegal friends while I wait for him. How much would that cost me in Oklahoma?

And then there are others that are the exact mirror image of "frothing at the mouth" types. ;)

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
People shout 'racial profiling' because that's exactly what happens. Perfectly legal US citizens who happen to look 'wrong' are questioned disproportionately. If you were constantly required to prove your legal status, you might think twice about making such a statements.

when traveling abroad I constantly need to show passport and legal status in the country. Even if it is to rent a car or check into a hotel. No big deal ... it happens and I just am prepared for it and be polite.

Since I moved to Houston I have been asked for SS card or proof of legal status lots of times. It's simple to do ... now that I have a TX DL ... and have met the requirements ... it's no big deal.

I don't break the immigration laws ... so I have nothing to fear ... do you ?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Open the borders with Mexico and Canada, and spend money on helping the Mexicans secure their borders.

This seems to work fine in Western Europe, why not here? Convincing the Mexicans to allow Americans to own property in Mexico would help as well.

Mexico secures their southern border with bullets. They shoot illegals they catch on it, then jail and deport those who survive. Wanna take up a collection to buy them more bullets?

Timeline

Absolutes never amount to anything in reality, peejay - I think you know that. As for solutions, I have and many here have offered solutions, but they aren't the solutions you are happy with. We had an Immigration Reform Bill that died in Congress. Where's the courage on the federal level to address immigration reform? What has happened has been a stale-mate. There has to be compromise if we are going to have any real immigration reform in this country. In the meantime, states will try to tackle the issue haphazardly, only to find they up against issues of constitutionality and jurisdiction.

The American people didn't want another mass blanket amnesty (there have been 7 already) and more new laws that won't be enforced any better than the old laws. We're tired of empty promises.

The American people overwhelmingly want our laws enforced. What we have now is mass anarchy and zero credibility.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what exactly does the minutemen have to do with this?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

what exactly does the minutemen have to do with this?

I sense a Troll ....

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The American people didn't want another mass blanket amnesty (there have been 7 already) and more new laws that won't be enforced any better than the old laws. We're tired of empty promises.

The American people overwhelmingly want our laws enforced. What we have now is mass anarchy and zero credibility.

LOL...The American people didn't vote it down...it would have passed by Congress had cloture not been invoked, essentially killing any debate. Let's steer clear of the rhetoric and actually talk about the facts. ;)

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006

The major difference between the H.R. 4437 and S. 2611 is that there is a citizenship path proposed in S. 2611. This would allow illegal immigrants who have been in the country for more than five years, estimated to be 7 million in number, to apply for citizenship by paying fines and back taxes. Illegal immigrants who have been in the country for 2 to 5 years, numbering around 3 million, would be allowed to stay in the country without fear of deportation, but after 3 years would have to leave the U.S. and could apply for citizenship at border check points. Those in the country for under 2 years would be required to return to their original nations. Thus, with some waiting, 10 million illegal immigrants could be eligible to become citizens. The fine is around $2000, but some sources say it might be higher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive...orm_Act_of_2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

LOL...The American people didn't vote it down...it would have passed by Congress had cloture not been invoked, essentially killing any debate. Let's steer clear of the rhetoric and actually talk about the facts. ;)

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006

The major difference between the H.R. 4437 and S. 2611 is that there is a citizenship path proposed in S. 2611. This would allow illegal immigrants who have been in the country for more than five years, estimated to be 7 million in number, to apply for citizenship by paying fines and back taxes. Illegal immigrants who have been in the country for 2 to 5 years, numbering around 3 million, would be allowed to stay in the country without fear of deportation, but after 3 years would have to leave the U.S. and could apply for citizenship at border check points. Those in the country for under 2 years would be required to return to their original nations. Thus, with some waiting, 10 million illegal immigrants could be eligible to become citizens. The fine is around $2000, but some sources say it might be higher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive...orm_Act_of_2006

oh yeah, like they will obey the law then :rolleyes:

all a big pipe dream imo.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!