one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

This is one step away from rationalizing (justifying?) (legalizing?) stealing because you're poor and hungry.

and robbing a bank because you don't have any cash.

Why take responsibilty when it's so much easier to blame the govt, not yourself! That seems to be the ongoing justification here.

If you don't want neighborhood kids stealing your car, you lock your car and take the keys in the house! But by all means, claim that you have the right to leave your keys in an unlocked car and have it be there in the morning.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrorists do not attract attention to themselves by trying to sneak into a country. It would be a stupid thing to try to do particularly when it's not necessary for them to so.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

This is one step away from rationalizing (justifying?) (legalizing?) stealing because you're poor and hungry.

Why take responsibilty when it's so much easier to blame the govt, not yourself! That seems to be the ongoing justification here.

If you don't want neighborhood kids stealing your car, you lock your car and take the keys in the house! But by all means, claim that you have the right to leave your keys in an unlocked car and have it be there in the morning.

Nice try. Apples & oranges.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not from me. And is it really unfair to blame governments? After all, a person's quality of life is influenced by policy-making, or is that totally off the wall?

Terrorists do not attract attention to themselves by trying to sneak into a country. It's would be a stupid thing to try to do when it's not necessary for them to so.

If you think so. :wacko: Not a risk I would be willing to take.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

My point exactly, terrorists are not going to be deterred by a wall across the southern, or northern borders because that is not the route they would take. It's the weakest of all the wall arguments.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Charles nothing flies with you except your ideas and ideals. It's useless to try and get you to see any other side of any argument you don't agree with. Haven't you noticed I don't try anymore? I have a million better things to do than try to convince you to have some compassion for someone in a worse situation than yourself. It's still mind boggling to me how some one can be so heartless.

Pretty amazing to me also how heartless this a$$hole is. for sure. Alot of these people. I read where you talked about dying of hunger or jumping the border. That is a easy desicion for me. But thank goodness most of the people in here would never have to think about that. That makes me happy, just sad to see how heartless some are here. No love at all. All I will say is I think Nessa is a cool person just judging from her posts here. HUMBLE, i like it.

Timeline

How so? Just because you say so - seems to be a perfectly valid analogy to me.

Blaming the guy for stealing your car when you were negligent about its security is not that far removed from blaming the migrant worker for seeing to his economic needs as a result of decades worth of negligent/non-existent border security.

Not from me. And is it really unfair to blame governments? After all, a person's quality of life is influenced by policy-making, or is that totally off the wall?

I blame the govt, sure.

I also blame the illegals for thinking it's OK cuz 798456713498673967 of their friends/family did it. Or just cuz they can. So what we get is illegals who have no regard for our laws yet need to eat so they come to America & make $$ to send back home (NOT BACK INTO OUR ECONOMY) drain our social services/taxes. But hey, it's not their fault our borders are so weak.

By the way, how many of you have actually driven through the border from Mexico to the US? You would be surprised how easy it is to get in.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

You take that 'risk', such as it is, every day and you will continue to do so ad infinitum because at the last count, the US isn't planning on running a fence 100% around it's borders.

How so? Just because you say so - seems to be a perfectly valid analogy to me.

Blaming the guy for stealing your car when you were negligent about its security is not that far removed from blaming the migrant worker for seeing to his economic needs as a result of decades worth of negligent/non-existent border security.

Stealing a car is nothing like living & working illegally in a country. That is a daily drain on our resources, not a one off insurance payment.

Timeline

I blame the govt, sure.

I also blame the illegals for thinking it's OK cuz 798456713498673967 of their friends/family did it. Or just cuz they can. So what we get is illegals who have no regard for our laws yet need to eat so they come to America & make $$ to send back home (NOT BACK INTO OUR ECONOMY) drain our social services/taxes. But hey, it's not their fault our borders are so weak.

Fine. But again that goes back to root cause.

I don't like it that a downturn in the US economy can create a recession in the UK, but I accept that it happens.

My point exactly, terrorists are not going to be deterred by a wall across the southern, or northern borders because that is not the route they would take. It's the weakest of all the wall arguments.

I don't believe its a weak argument at all. Do you know for a fact that every terrorist would not take that route? It would only take a few to get in and make another attack. Is that a risk you are willing to take or are you just going to wait and point your finger at the govt later and ask why they didnt do anything proactive to stop it?