one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
which embassy devillette?! which one? u ain't gonna say it? u afraid to say it's the people with so's from Mexico?!

That's ok Pedro. We all know us d@mn Mexican's and Mexican lovers are far less superior than everyone from the other countries. Amazing, truly amazing.

Unfortunately, I now have to go get my hair done. Something much more important than trying to get these bunch of hard @sses to understand anything.

How quaintly personal!

well don't go all around the bush and start with the 'the people from THAT embassy are the illegal supporters'.. say it! which embassy?!

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles nothing flies with you except your ideas and ideals. It's useless to try and get you to see any other side of any argument you don't agree with. Haven't you noticed I don't try anymore? I have a million better things to do than try to convince you to have some compassion for someone in a worse situation than yourself. It's still mind boggling to me how some one can be so heartless.

i don't buy the omg the poor illegals arguement. and now i'm heartless. zomg!

spare me the outrage over any lack of compassion on my part about illegals when they made their own bed.

You don't accept that crushing, abject poverty could be a major cause of illegal migration? Or that when you're desperate - you tend to look at things (like immigration laws) rather differently?

That not making excusing the behaviour - as much as it is about admitting a basic truth about the phenomenon.

This is one step away from rationalizing (justifying?) (legalizing?) stealing because you're poor and hungry.

and robbing a bank because you don't have any cash.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Why don't we talk about how easy it would be for a terrorist to go Mexico and cross the border? Or maybe we should wait for another tragic event like 9/11 to happen before we consider doing something proactive about our borders? :whistle:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

spare me the outrage over any lack of compassion on my part about illegals when they made their own bed.

Perhaps they did Charles, but I should think the government is really the problem here. By doing absolutely nothing about it since the last amnesty, it is plainly laid in their laps. It seems to me people are angry at the wrong people.

*shrugs*

And the personal responsibility lies where? Respect for laws?

I would guess most people who come here illegally just think its worth the risk. I don't see how beating chests in the direction of the actual illegals is helping anything. If it's worth the risk, isnt something lacking in the "law" dept then?

It really seems like in the absence of the government doing ANYTHING the smaller compartments like state, local, neighborhood are just taking it upon themselves to "right the wrong". We have sanctuary city, things like OK is doing, media, protestors, and all the GTFO belters.

Seems pretty clear to me who is allowing all this to happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why don't we talk about how easy it would be for a terrorist to go Mexico and cross the border? Or maybe we should wait for another tragic event like 9/11 to happen before we consider doing something proactive about our borders? :whistle:

Because the terrorists entered illegally through Mexico that were involved in 9/11? That's a new theory I've never heard before! I've heard the "Canada" link (which was TOTALLY false) but never the "Mexican" one..

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Terrorists don't take the risk of crossing borders without papers. That's the weakest of all the wall arguments.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I for one, support the wall. :thumbs: You know Mexicans aren't the only ones born into poverty and need money and food to support their families. But for some reason its ok for them to break the law and come into this country but everyone else has to wait because of their geographic location. You don't get an advantage at breaking the law just because Mexico is next to the US.

Yeah, that wall Javi jumped over really helped. The razor wire at the top didn't even stop him. Thank goodness or I wouldn't have had the privilege of marrying such a wonderful man.

Exactly, you seem to be quite biased in your opionion because you ARE married to him. You talked earlier about people making it personal, you are the one that just made it personal by bringing your husband into it.

Uh, didn't make it personal by bringing my husband into it. Just wanted to let you know a fence doesn't work. Again, missed the whole point. Like I said in my first post, it's useless. And I'm not biased. Again, if you'll go back and read my other post. I was against amnesty and don't agree with them coming here illegally. Just because I understand why they do it and have compassion for them doesn't mean I agree with it. I'm so glad perfect strangers no me better than I know myself.

Did I say fence? Or WALL? You did make it personal. Until you told me your husband came here illegally, I would have just assumed that he came here legally like my fiance did. The question is not about why they do it. That is understood. However the reasons why they do it, doesnt make it ok. The laws still apply.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Timeline

This is one step away from rationalizing (justifying?) (legalizing?) stealing because you're poor and hungry.

and robbing a bank because you don't have any cash.

Why take responsibilty when it's so much easier to blame the govt, not yourself! That seems to be the ongoing justification here.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I ask, sincerely....where is the political will or representation of those who don't want a guest worker program for the millions of illegals in the country? All this time and energy talking about a subject that seems so important to you...where does it translate into political action?

Because the terrorists entered illegally through Mexico who were involved in 9/11? That's a new theory I've never heard before! I've heard the "Canada" link (which was TOTALLY false) but never the "Mexican" one..

Is that what I said? No. However you can't deny that it could be a possibility.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Charles nothing flies with you except your ideas and ideals. It's useless to try and get you to see any other side of any argument you don't agree with. Haven't you noticed I don't try anymore? I have a million better things to do than try to convince you to have some compassion for someone in a worse situation than yourself. It's still mind boggling to me how some one can be so heartless.

i don't buy the omg the poor illegals arguement. and now i'm heartless. zomg!

You don't accept that crushing, abject poverty could be a major cause of illegal migration? Or that when you're desperate - you tend to look at things (like immigration laws) rather differently?

That not making excusing the behaviour - as much as it is about admitting a basic truth about the phenomenon.

Well to use that example - it does happen. But sooner or later after you've racked up the prison time to make an example of people you have realise on some level that the reason this is happening is because of economics and that you're doing nothing to address the root of the problem. All very well saying this is so & so's problem - but it is also "our problem", and to properly address it long term we need to think about doing a bit more than turning a blind eye to main reason that people do it.

I can, it would be stupid for a terrorist to get turned away at the border when they can apply quite legitimately for a visa. Terrorists don't have 'terrorist' stamped on their forehead or anything easy to recognise like that.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Perhaps they did Charles, but I should think the government is really the problem here. By doing absolutely nothing about it since the last amnesty, it is plainly laid in their laps. It seems to me people are angry at the wrong people.

*shrugs*

And the personal responsibility lies where? Respect for laws?

I would guess most people who come here illegally just think its worth the risk. I don't see how beating chests in the direction of the actual illegals is helping anything. If it's worth the risk, isnt something lacking in the "law" dept then?

It really seems like in the absence of the government doing ANYTHING the smaller compartments like state, local, neighborhood are just taking it upon themselves to "right the wrong". We have sanctuary city, things like OK is doing, media, protestors, and all the GTFO belters.

Seems pretty clear to me who is allowing all this to happen.

Again, Where is the personal responsibilty?

I'm 'allowed' to do lots of illegal stuff without getting caught. Does that make it OK? He!! no.

I can, it would be stupid for a terrorist to get turned away at the border when they can apply quite legitimately for a visa. Terrorists don't have 'terrorist' stamped on their forehead or anything easy to recognise like that.

Who said anything about coming through the border?