one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

i'm not buying the argument that omg they are here for a better life they are starving omg! i find emotional appeals like that as interesting as a soiled diaper.l

Interesting, so they just come here to piss you off then right?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Charles nothing flies with you except your ideas and ideals. It's useless to try and get you to see any other side of any argument you don't agree with. Haven't you noticed I don't try anymore? I have a million better things to do than try to convince you to have some compassion for someone in a worse situation than yourself. It's still mind boggling to me how some one can be so heartless.

i don't buy the omg the poor illegals arguement. and now i'm heartless. zomg!

spare me the outrage over any lack of compassion on my part about illegals when they made their own bed.

You don't accept that crushing, abject poverty could be a major cause of illegal migration? Or that when you're desperate - you tend to look at things (like immigration laws) rather differently?

That not making excusing the behaviour - as much as it is about admitting a basic truth about the phenomenon.

or you know 3487298549876987 people who have snuck in & are doing just fine, why not join them?

Whether you're angry or indignant about what is happening, it doesn't change the reasoning behind the phenomenon.

There is reasoning in my 'phenomenon' as well. Come visit California, I'll show you.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Charles nothing flies with you except your ideas and ideals. It's useless to try and get you to see any other side of any argument you don't agree with. Haven't you noticed I don't try anymore? I have a million better things to do than try to convince you to have some compassion for someone in a worse situation than yourself. It's still mind boggling to me how some one can be so heartless.

spare me the outrage over any lack of compassion on my part about illegals when they made their own bed.

You don't accept that crushing, abject poverty could be a major cause of illegal migration? Or that when you're desperate - you tend to look at things (like immigration laws) rather differently?

That not making excusing the behaviour - as much as it is about admitting a basic truth about the phenomenon.

i'm not buying the argument that omg they are here for a better life they are starving omg! i find emotional appeals like that as interesting as a soiled diaper.l

I didn't say 'starving' - but to deny that many people in mexico are living in abject poverty, amid massive underemployment really isn't accurate IMO. Whether you buy it or not - the economic and employment conditions over there are what they are.

I'm not injecting emotional appeal into this - but I am reading a lot of anger and a basic refusal to address the root cause of the problem. You might not think it is or should be your problem - but the fact is that that country (and those people) are on your doorstep.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
the worse part, is how members here talk about the illegal immigrants, when some members so's at some point were illegals too and 'jumped over the fence'.. why don't you say it to their faces instead of going all general 'I don't care about illegals' and 'GTFO'.. why not tell directly to these members? Don't yall realize you might be hurting these members too?

yeah, I said something along those lines few pages back... I've SEEN VJ members who had "illegal activity" in their past get all kinds of support from some of these same people that go all ballistic against illegals. So what gives? Do they somehow put that aside when it's someone they've come to know, if even on an internet forum? hmmmm???

yea.. are they lawbreakers because they married an illegal? why didnt people told them 'tell your SO to GTFO' before they started their paperwork?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
the worse part, is how members here talk about the illegal immigrants, when some members so's at some point were illegals too and 'jumped over the fence'.. why don't you say it to their faces instead of going all general 'I don't care about illegals' and 'GTFO'.. why not tell directly to these members? Don't yall realize you might be hurting these members too?

You're exactly right Pedro. But, as I said before. It doesn't matter to them. They rationalize that away because they have no compassion for another human being. They could care less if they hurt someone with their words. I wonder how they would feel if someone came up to them and told them they wanted their spouse to GTFO. Oh wait, let's ask GaryC. Since that actually happened to Luz. Actually, I bet we could go back and find that thread and see how badly Luz was hurt by it. And how everyone here told her the lady was just a crazy old biotch and didn't know what she was talking about. But that's different because Luz isn't Mexican.

or maybe cause luz is here legally. stay outta the apple orchard, get back to the orange trees.

You missed the point completely. It's about how what you say in your posts affect the people you are talking about. Not about their immigration status. You really should think before you start shouting your GTFO's. I'm certainly glad no one on here dislikes Brazilians. I'm quite sure your stance on the GTFO's would change dramatically if there were.

nice try at splitting hairs, but whatever country they are from does not excuse their actions when they are illegal ;)

if there was someone here illegally from brazil, i'd be one of the first on the run them outta town wagon :yes:

but i know, you wanna make it about one particular ethnicity ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

which embassy devillette?! which one? u ain't gonna say it? u afraid to say it's the people with so's from Mexico?!

That's ok Pedro. We all know us d@mn Mexican's and Mexican lovers are far less superior than everyone from the other countries. Amazing, truly amazing.

Unfortunately, I now have to go get my hair done. Something much more important than trying to get these bunch of hard @sses to understand anything.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why do you want hypotheticals left out? Is it not valid to imagine yourself in another position?

Break into my house and I will kill you? Yikes!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

or you know 3487298549876987 people who have snuck in & are doing just fine, why not join them?

Whether you're angry or indignant about what is happening, it doesn't change the reasoning behind the phenomenon.

There is reasoning in my 'phenomenon' as well. Come visit California, I'll show you.

I used to live there. For 2 years actually.

As I said - I'm not justifying it - just wondering why people refuse to address the core truth behind the majority of this migration. Whether you sympathise with it, or not, isn't the point - its about recognising root causes.

Timeline

Interesting, so they just come here to piss you off then right?

no, that's your job :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

which embassy devillette?! which one? u ain't gonna say it? u afraid to say it's the people with so's from Mexico?!

That's ok Pedro. We all know us d@mn Mexican's and Mexican lovers are far less superior than everyone from the other countries. Amazing, truly amazing.

Unfortunately, I now have to go get my hair done. Something much more important than trying to get these bunch of hard @sses to understand anything.

How quaintly personal!

I didn't say 'starving' - but to deny that many people in mexico are living in abject poverty, amid massive underemployment really isn't accurate IMO. Whether you buy it or not - the economic and employment conditions over there are what they are.

I'm not injecting emotional appeal into this - but I am reading a lot of anger and a basic refusal to address the root cause of the problem. You might not think it is or should be your problem - but the fact is that that country (and those people) are on your doorstep.

So they get an advantage over all the other poor starving people in the world because of their geographic location?

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

i don't recall seeing anyone say that..........can you point out that particular post for me?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is one step away from rationalizing (justifying?) (legalizing?) stealing because you're poor and hungry.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline
Why do you want hypotheticals left out? Is it not valid to imagine yourself in another position?

Break into my house and I will kill you? Yikes!

it's a waste of time......shall we discuss the possiblity of space aliens too? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I for one, support the wall. :thumbs: You know Mexicans aren't the only ones born into poverty and need money and food to support their families. But for some reason its ok for them to break the law and come into this country but everyone else has to wait because of their geographic location. You don't get an advantage at breaking the law just because Mexico is next to the US.

Yeah, that wall Javi jumped over really helped. The razor wire at the top didn't even stop him. Thank goodness or I wouldn't have had the privilege of marrying such a wonderful man.

Exactly, you seem to be quite biased in your opionion because you ARE married to him. You talked earlier about people making it personal, you are the one that just made it personal by bringing your husband into it.

Uh, didn't make it personal by bringing my husband into it. Just wanted to let you know a fence doesn't work. Again, missed the whole point. Like I said in my first post, it's useless. And I'm not biased. Again, if you'll go back and read my other post. I was against amnesty and don't agree with them coming here illegally. Just because I understand why they do it and have compassion for them doesn't mean I agree with it. I'm so glad perfect strangers no me better than I know myself.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!