one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I was talking about the issues of poverty in their country, which is what they are trying to run away from.

If it wasn't such an issue I think there would be less people dying to get over here. Money is an evil thing.

sot it's ok if they export their poverty to the usa? and why is their government becoming the problem of the usa?

For the same reason that the problems in Iraq are becoming the problems of neighboring countries, i.e., they're neighbors. I agree wholeheartedly that it's primarily Mexico's problem, but their problems don't exist in a vacuum. If there was a trade policy we could change that would make it feasible for some of the illegals to make a living at home (we're not talking enriching, we're talking surviving), wouldn't you think that was a good change to make? I don't think the border should be open. I've never advocated that. But I think that just saying, "so, they're broke, that means we should build a bigger fence" is at best a temporary solution.

was this the fault of the mexican government or the usa? should we start invading canada now that their dollar is higher than ours?

Who cares about whose fault it is? Who said anything about invading? Blame it all on Mexico if it makes you happy; it's still becoming our problem, and there's more ways to solve it than putting up a fence that covers less than half of the border.

oh i see, so their government can fark up non-stop and we pay the price because no one cares. yes it's our problem by proxy, but enough steel along the border will solve a majority of it.

5th column? Please explain!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_column

:thumbs::thumbs:

:thumbs:

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one, support the wall. :thumbs: You know Mexicans aren't the only ones born into poverty and need money and food to support their families. But for some reason its ok for them to break the law and come into this country but everyone else has to wait because of their geographic location. You don't get an advantage at breaking the law just because Mexico is next to the US.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
the worse part, is how members here talk about the illegal immigrants, when some members so's at some point were illegals too and 'jumped over the fence'.. why don't you say it to their faces instead of going all general 'I don't care about illegals' and 'GTFO'.. why not tell directly to these members? Don't yall realize you might be hurting these members too?

are they illegal or legal now? if the former, then sorry about that. if the latter, then it don't apply to them does it?

next whine?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's cool, Charles...I really don't think she minds that it doesn't fly with you!

But I really want to know why...what WOULD have done if you happened to have been born into poverty in a third world country?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

It's always personal with them when it comes to illegals. It's their way of getting to you. I used to let it bother me but now I try to just ignore them. To think that anyone of them could have compassion for another human being is a stupid idea around here, apparently. To ask them to try and understand the illegals "position" before coming to the US is a stupid idea also, apparently. Those would all require them to actually stop screaming out "I hate illegals" and "GTFO"'s and think a little bit. It's too much to ask. Just let it go. I would hate for one of them to have been less fortunate to have actually been born in Mexico instead of here. They'd obviously have starved by now because they are too high up on their pedestal to do anything like cross the border to get their family food.

that's making excuses for them, booty. it don't fly with me.

Nor much of America, I'm afraid. :no:

----

Hmmm...thanks for the link. Very interesting, and I'm glad to learn something new for today.

However, it did say (and I know full well that wikipedia isn't the definitive source for information) that the term is used pejoratively these days. You wouldn't be making directly negative comments about me, would you? Just checking.

And devliette seems to be interested in drawing parallels between my point of view and the nationality of my spouse. NavarreMan also seems to find his thinly veiled jabs at the country from which my spouse hails VERY amusing.

Don't think I like the direction that you all are going in! It seems awfully personal!

Just pointing out the obvious, a third grader could see the pro-illegals are all from the same embassy.

the worse part, is how members here talk about the illegal immigrants, when some members so's at some point were illegals too and 'jumped over the fence'.. why don't you say it to their faces instead of going all general 'I don't care about illegals' and 'GTFO'.. why not tell directly to these members? Don't yall realize you might be hurting these members too?

You're exactly right Pedro. But, as I said before. It doesn't matter to them. They rationalize that away because they have no compassion for another human being. They could care less if they hurt someone with their words. I wonder how they would feel if someone came up to them and told them they wanted their spouse to GTFO. Oh wait, let's ask GaryC. Since that actually happened to Luz. Actually, I bet we could go back and find that thread and see how badly Luz was hurt by it. And how everyone here told her the lady was just a crazy old biotch and didn't know what she was talking about. But that's different because Luz isn't Mexican.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

I for one, support the wall. :thumbs: You know Mexicans aren't the only ones born into poverty and need money and food to support their families. But for some reason its ok for them to break the law and come into this country but everyone else has to wait because of their geographic location. You don't get an advantage at breaking the law just because Mexico is next to the US.

Amen.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hmmm...thanks for the link. Very interesting, and I'm glad to learn something new for today.

However, it did say (and I know full well that wikipedia isn't the definitive source for information) that the term is used pejoratively these days. You wouldn't be making directly negative comments about me, would you? Just checking.

And devliette seems to be interested in drawing parallels between my point of view and the nationality of my spouse. NavarreMan also seems to find his thinly veiled jabs at the country from which my spouse hails VERY amusing.

Don't think I like the direction that you all are going in! It seems awfully personal!

It's always personal with them when it comes to illegals. It's their way of getting to you. I used to let it bother me but now I try to just ignore them. To think that anyone of them could have compassion for another human being is a stupid idea around here, apparently. To ask them to try and understand the illegals "position" before coming to the US is a stupid idea also, apparently. Those would all require them to actually stop screaming out "I hate illegals" and "GTFO"'s and think a little bit. It's too much to ask. Just let it go. I would hate for one of them to have been less fortunate to have actually been born in Mexico instead of here. They'd obviously have starved by now because they are too high up on their pedestal to do anything like cross the border to get their family food.

...and most importantly, they are a minority voice in America. While they have every right to express their views, many of them try to polarize the issue and dismiss anyone who doesn't cow tow to their rigid ideas of how to deal with illegal immigration. They don't have a political party out there that supports their narrow opinion of how to deal with illegals. But they'll continue ranting and raving here, spending a great deal of their time and energy as if their voices will eventually bring the rest of Americans into their POV. To each there own...whatever gives them satisfaction.

Like I said earlier....it's going to be an interesting Presidential election, particularly for this vocal group who have no Party that represents their position on immigration.

Timeline
Charles nothing flies with you except your ideas and ideals. It's useless to try and get you to see any other side of any argument you don't agree with. Haven't you noticed I don't try anymore? I have a million better things to do than try to convince you to have some compassion for someone in a worse situation than yourself. It's still mind boggling to me how some one can be so heartless.

i don't buy the omg the poor illegals arguement. and now i'm heartless. zomg!

spare me the outrage over any lack of compassion on my part about illegals when they made their own bed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

that's making excuses for them, booty. it don't fly with me.

Nor much of America, I'm afraid. :no:

----

Just pointing out the obvious, a third grader could see the pro-illegals are all from the same embassy.

but say it dammit.. don't go all pc.. say it! which embassy

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline
That's cool, Charles...I really don't think she minds that it doesn't fly with you!

But I really want to know why...what WOULD have done if you happened to have been born into poverty in a third world country?

let's leave hypothetical and science fiction outta this, mkay? ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Charles nothing flies with you except your ideas and ideals. It's useless to try and get you to see any other side of any argument you don't agree with. Haven't you noticed I don't try anymore? I have a million better things to do than try to convince you to have some compassion for someone in a worse situation than yourself. It's still mind boggling to me how some one can be so heartless.

spare me the outrage over any lack of compassion on my part about illegals when they made their own bed.

but Charles, it's NOT their fault they had to sneak into America!

:crying::crying::crying:

Timeline

You're exactly right Pedro. But, as I said before. It doesn't matter to them. They rationalize that away because they have no compassion for another human being. They could care less if they hurt someone with their words. I wonder how they would feel if someone came up to them and told them they wanted their spouse to GTFO. Oh wait, let's ask GaryC. Since that actually happened to Luz. Actually, I bet we could go back and find that thread and see how badly Luz was hurt by it. And how everyone here told her the lady was just a crazy old biotch and didn't know what she was talking about. But that's different because Luz isn't Mexican.

or maybe cause luz is here legally. stay outta the apple orchard, get back to the orange trees.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't accept that crushing, abject poverty could be a major cause of illegal migration? Or that when you're desperate - you tend to look at things (like immigration laws) rather differently?

That not making excusing the behaviour - as much as it is about admitting a basic truth about the phenomenon.