Asante Maroon

The Best Calling Card to Call Ghana

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
i was using penny talk, but it turns that it suck, as they charge for domestic connection time. anyway. better than verizon.

my hubby and i use webcams. it is the best, cheapest, closest way of communication so far. i get to see him every day!

Because of lights off, my fiance and I don't even send e-mails to each other as often. With the time difference combined with lights off, it really limits the time we have to connect using the internet :(

So true :thumbs:

I wish we had more options for comunication other than calling, texting and e-mail. My fiance and I stick mainly to just calling and texting. The unreliability if the internet/electricity makes it kind of pointless to go out and pay for internet service. Maybe the $55 billion to make internet universal in Africa will help out. But that is another topic for another thread :P

That sounds like a very interesting thread ZeeNusah... what is that all about?

I used to use Pingo but I had major connection problems with that. Now I use Peezy.com It's better and sometimes the rates are less than pingo, sometimes more, it fluctuates. Onesuite.com is ok too but again with the connection problems. Although I'm sure a huge part of the problem is the networking issues in Nigeria.. and def. the lights off is a problem even with the phone. When he goes very long w/out power he can't charge the phone.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I use Pingo, well not much any more since my husband is here. He's the one using it, now! I like it for many reasons, especially because we could print out the call logs, which was very helpful for the interview. As with calling cards you don't have a record. From what I understand it is a big plus to have calling logs for the interview. I got real spoiled with pingo and didn't want to go back to calling cards, I love getting through the first time dialing, clear calls, pinless. There's a lot of plusses. I'd keep using it.

When printing the call logs from pingo, it opens up to an excel spread sheet but its not on any type of pingo letter head...is this still considered acceptable at the embassy? Because the only way that I see that I can get the pingo logo on there is if I print each page one by one, which wastes time and paper...not to mention more costly to mail because of the weight!

OR am I just not seeing another way?

with pingo.. and onesuite and even peezy, i open the call history on the website and copy and paste it to word. Only peezy won't allow me to copy the logo. When its in word I can play with the margins and the size of the table and i'm able to print it out more cost efficiently. I hope that helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
i was using penny talk, but it turns that it suck, as they charge for domestic connection time. anyway. better than verizon.

my hubby and i use webcams. it is the best, cheapest, closest way of communication so far. i get to see him every day!

Because of lights off, my fiance and I don't even send e-mails to each other as often. With the time difference combined with lights off, it really limits the time we have to connect using the internet :(

I wish we had more options for comunication other than calling, texting and e-mail. My fiance and I stick mainly to just calling and texting. The unreliability if the internet/electricity makes it kind of pointless to go out and pay for internet service. Maybe the $55 billion to make internet universal in Africa will help out. But that is another topic for another thread :P

I used to use Pingo but I had major connection problems with that. Now I use Peezy.com It's better and sometimes the rates are less than pingo, sometimes more, it fluctuates. Onesuite.com is ok too but again with the connection problems. Although I'm sure a huge part of the problem is the networking issues in Nigeria.. and def. the lights off is a problem even with the phone. When he goes very long w/out power he can't charge the phone.

Hmm, since you are the second person who asked I am going to start the thread :yes:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
We use Pingo I used it before he got here and he uses it now to call friends and family. I discovered a little trick. My Husband usually makes the calls from his cell phone...yikes the minutes, if you call and dont get connected we were being charged, 1 min 1 min 1 min GRRRR! :angry: We have T Mobile 5 Faves, now you cant put an 800 number in your faves, they wont let you...but I found a local access number :whistle: put that in the faves...now he can use the Pingo network and it does not count against his cell minutes, we only pay to charge up the Pingo!! :thumbs:

wanted to add... I printed out call records from Pingo for our interview, they did not have a problem with those.

Cool! thanks.

Hmm, since you are the second person who asked I am going to start the thread :yes:

Its about time!!!! :thumbs::dance:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

• 5 years later...
Filed: Timeline

Use BixDial the calling rates to Ghana from USA 15 cents per minute, and also you get all the calling history when you go to your account, as lots of people say now online calling cards is the best way and easy way to save, when I used to buy from store next my house I was loosing minutes, but bixdial is good and you got live chat support 24/7 for anyone, and sometimes the customer support may call you when you buy first time to verify.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.