dave_21061

Entering the US on K1 visa - 6059B customs form

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

My fiancee has her K1 visa and is coming here soon! I am trying to get her prepared for the forms they will give her on the airplane to fill out for immigration and customs. The I-94 looks pretty straightforward although I'm a little confused about what her country of residence would be listed as - I guess this is still the Philippines (her country of citizenship).

How does the 6059B work? This is the customs form. From what I can gather, she should list everything she is bringing, but "personal goods" which includes clothing, jewelery, etc should be listed but is exempt from customs tax. She also has a laptop. I couldn't figure out is this is exempt or not. Does anyone have any pointers to advice on this form.

Thanks,

Dave

Here is a link to a sample form.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation...ration_form.xml

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi,

My fiancee has her K1 visa and is coming here soon! I am trying to get her prepared for the forms they will give her on the airplane to fill out for immigration and customs. The I-94 looks pretty straightforward although I'm a little confused about what her country of residence would be listed as - I guess this is still the Philippines (her country of citizenship).

How does the 6059B work? This is the customs form. From what I can gather, she should list everything she is bringing, but "personal goods" which includes clothing, jewelery, etc should be listed but is exempt from customs tax. She also has a laptop. I couldn't figure out is this is exempt or not. Does anyone have any pointers to advice on this form.

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry cant answer your question but could you please update your timeline as it is very important for the statsistics section of this forum. Thank you

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Dave

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/enter...info-nonres.htm

I found this website that is really quite helpful with specifying what you can and can't bring etc and what is tax exempt. There is a section called Professional equipment in there that I think the laptop could come under. Don't know for sure but if so it looks like she wouldn't need to pay duty on it. As with household goods they say you don't need to. Hope this is helpful.

Lol it was to me as I was wondering if I'd have to declare like all my books, CDs and walkman etc but it looks like they'll be OK!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks,

Dave

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/enter...info-nonres.htm

I found this website that is really quite helpful with specifying what you can and can't bring etc and what is tax exempt. There is a section called Professional equipment in there that I think the laptop could come under. Don't know for sure but if so it looks like she wouldn't need to pay duty on it. As with household goods they say you don't need to. Hope this is helpful.

Lol it was to me as I was wondering if I'd have to declare like all my books, CDs and walkman etc but it looks like they'll be OK!

Professional goods refers to good that are broght in relation to a job... all of your fiancees items would be personal effects... since they are brought on her person, you would place used personal effects in the area and the value as 0. Personal effects of individuals who will be residing in the US are not subject to duty.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Claudeth is from the Philippines and says shd didn't fill out that form when she came here.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Hello!

I'm from Philippines too!!! All she needs to do is to fill up the form at the airport and then just write down that she only have personal goods to bring in USA and she dont need to worry about the jewelries as she can wear on that and if it is a wedding ring that she's going to bring, then just put it in a safe bag or in her handbag as i do the same thing the time i flew here too!!! About the laptop she can get any advice to CFO when she will attend the seminar in manila or in Cebu City. They will teach you what to do if you have laptop to bring. Hope the this will help you what to do in your fiancee's trip to USA.

Goodluck and God bless!!!

John & Lyn :D

IN PHILIPPINES - VISA TIMELINE
Aug. 14, 2004*1st visit to RP
Sept.13 2004*NOA1 Approved
Oct. 9, 2004*2nd Visit to RP
Dec.13, 2004*NOA2 Approved 97 Days
Jan 7, 2005*NVC forwarded petition in Manila
Mar 11, 2005*Medical Exam Scheduled
Mar 18, 2005*Interview Date scheduled
VISA APPROVED!!!

IN USA-AOS, EAD & AP - TIMELINE

April 15, 2005*Wedding date 1:30pm CST
May 07, 2005*Applied AOS, EAD & AP
May 24, 2005*Received SSCard with my married name
July 21, 2005*Recieved AP
July 25, 2005*Recieved EADCard
Sept. 26, 2005*Pharmacy Department @Bromenn Hospital
Jan.14, 2006*Recieved AOS Interview Appt
March 8, 2006*AOS Interview(Chicago)
March 8, 2006*AOS APPROVED!!!

LIFTING CONDITIONS TO PERMANENT RESIDENT - TIMELINE
Jan 23, 2008*Mailed Lifting of Condition to PR
Jany 28,2008*Recieved NOA - 1 year extention(Stay Temp Resident & authorized to work)
Feb 15, 2008*Biometrics appointment for Lifting of Conditions
April 4, 2008*Recieved Email - Production Card Ordered
April 8, 2008 *Recieved online email saying that green card was approved!!!
April 10, 2008* Recieved 10 year Green Card ***in hand***
April 15,2008*3 year Wedding Anniversary
May 2008*Return to visit Family in Philippine

May 2010 Visit Philippines

March 2014" Waiting for citizenship"

Oct 2014 Return visit to Philippines

May 2014 Citizenship!!!

Oct 2014 Renewal of vows and big family wedding in Philippines!!

Will return to Philippines in April of 2017 hopeful to buy house for future retirement plans

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Dave

I'm just curious.. wondering why you listed "Phillipines" as your country, but listed Israel on your timeline ?

Timeline
I'm just curious.. wondering why you listed "Phillipines" as your country, but listed Israel on your timeline ?

She is a citizen of the Philippines but she has been working in Israel and so that is the embassy she got her visa through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.